PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs LJ looked slow as a turtle

Red Dawg
11-07-2004, 07:49 PM
going upo a hill. Yes he has no playing time and yes he did his best but you can't teach speed and explosiveness. We run to outside alot and he flat can't get there fast enough. He to slow for our offense. Without Priest we are hurt real bad but we at least need Blaylock. If LJ has to start we will have close to 50 yards on the ground and that's it.

Deberg_1990
11-07-2004, 07:52 PM
going upo a hill. Yes he has no playing time and yes he did his best but you can't teach speed and explosiveness. We run to outside alot and he flat can't get there fast enough. He to slow for our offense. Without Priest we are hurt real bad but we at least need Blaylock. If LJ has to start we will have close to 50 yards on the ground and that's it.

I think he will be a good back in this league and has talent, but hes not a good fit for this type of offense. He reminds me alot of Eddie George, a plodding/bruiser type.

Thig Lyfe
11-07-2004, 07:52 PM
more like a retarded turtle going up a hill with three legs.

Mr. Laz
11-07-2004, 08:06 PM
but hes not a good fit for this type of offense. He reminds me alot of Eddie George, a plodding/bruiser type.
and who's been screaming this at the top of his lungs since he was drafted?

:harumph: :harumph:

4th and Long
11-07-2004, 08:08 PM
Not only is LJ a lumbering back with no vision but his blocking skills for Green sucked ass!!!

Faced it, they guy couldn't protect a virgin in a convent.

Deberg_1990
11-07-2004, 08:09 PM

Let me guess....Vlad?? LOL

I actually thought this last year as well.....I made the mistake of thinking that Carl knew what he was doing.

Miles
11-07-2004, 08:12 PM
He looked slow but most of the taller backs do. Chris Brown in particular looks really slow because of his height but he isnt at all. Not saying LJ is anything special by i wouldnt judge him by him lookin slow.

Calcountry
11-07-2004, 08:12 PM
Not only is LJ a lumbering back with no vision but his blocking skills for Green sucked ass!!!

Faced it, they guy couldn't protect a virgin in a convent.
More likely, he would get arrested for beating up a virgin in a convent.

Calcountry
11-07-2004, 08:13 PM
He looked slow but most of the taller backs do. Chris Brown in particular looks really slow because of his height but he isnt at all. Not saying LJ is anything special by i wouldnt judge him by him lookin slow.
Fine, then I will judge him by how easy he goes down on first contact.

Logical
11-07-2004, 08:14 PM

:harumph: :harumph:Vlad?

Miles
11-07-2004, 08:14 PM
Fine, then I will judge him by how easy he goes down on first contact.

That will do. Or how he seems to run with his eyes closed, running into his blockers.

Logical
11-07-2004, 08:15 PM

I actually thought this last year as well.....I made the mistake of thinking that Carl knew what he was doing.:thumb:ROFL

Skip Towne
11-07-2004, 08:20 PM

Vlad?

Braincase
11-07-2004, 08:22 PM
at least we won't have to worry about his bitching this week. He had two gift touchdown opportunities and squandered them both. Thank you, Jason Dunn.

Skip Towne
11-07-2004, 08:24 PM
That will do. Or how he seems to run with his eyes closed, running into his blockers.
That sounds like the blockers are the slow ones.

Calcountry
11-07-2004, 08:25 PM
Exactly. You would think he wouldn't run into his own linemans ass wouldn't you?

Miles
11-07-2004, 08:26 PM

Yeah they cant keep up with LJ's explosiveness. I knew he was worth a first rounder ;)

Mr. Laz
11-07-2004, 08:27 PM
Vlad?
Vlad?

all of ye ... a bunch of bastiges

:cuss: :cuss:

digi2fish
11-07-2004, 08:54 PM
this game makes things harder to trade him.
dammit, Carl....
:shake:

Monty
11-07-2004, 09:31 PM
this game makes things harder to trade him.
:shake:

Oh, I don't know about that. If someone would offer a nice vintage Six Million Dollar Man lunch box in fair condition, I think a deal can get done. :thumb:

Manila-Chief
11-07-2004, 11:17 PM
I went to bed at 1:00 A.M. and didn't wait for the 2:00 A.M. start of the game ... therefore, all I know is looking at the stats...

1. LJ averaged 2.1 yards a carry...
2. 11 of those yards came on one carry.... seems like a lot of carries with little yards???....
3. Priest averaged 3.6 yards a carry ...
4. They both ran behind the same line...
5. He has been pouting about playing ....

Seems to me he got his chance and he is not the back he thinks he is. Also, venerates D.V. for his attitude about LJ...

On the other thread there was a lot of reclamo about who lost the game ... LJ may not have lost it but he certainly didn't help us win it.

A question for you guys ... how much blame for the interceptions goes to LJ for not making a key block and causing Trent trouble????

Oh, Vlad has ben proven correctly .... very poor decision to draft LJ....

Pitt Gorilla
11-07-2004, 11:18 PM
I think he will be a good back in this league and has talent, but hes not a good fit for this type of offense. He reminds me alot of Eddie George, a plodding/bruiser type.George was the first name that came to mind when I saw him today. Good comparison, IMO.

bringbackmarty
11-07-2004, 11:29 PM
More likely, he would get arrested for beating up a virgin in a convent.
I think he would pistol whip a virgin. and the she would knock him on his ass.

Thig Lyfe
11-08-2004, 07:04 AM

all of ye ... a bunch of bastiges

:cuss: :cuss:

Vlad?

Blindside58
11-08-2004, 07:18 AM
I agree he looks to have Chris Brown's deceptive long stride speed. He got around the corner and a line backer took the wrong line on him and he blew past'em.

Cormac
11-08-2004, 08:11 AM
He showed some burst, IMO. He looks slow - and I really agree with the Chris Brown comparison - but on the 11 yard carry, he sidestepped and then burst through the hole really quickly. Also, on one of his catches in the flat he sped by the defender, as Blindside said.

His performance didn't win him any fans yesterday, but his vision is a much bigger problem than his speed, IMO. Maybe that will improve with PT (if he gets any).

Having said all that, even though we had no business winning that game yesterday for as awfully as we played, we would have won if Blaylock was backing up Priest. No doubt in my mind.

Stinger
11-08-2004, 09:27 AM
To me he did not show me much in fact he look like he was running scared, and by that, he was thinking to much and trying to decide where to go and was worried about making the decision instead of just running.

A trying to hard situation if you will. Plus I seem to remember this board saying the same thing about Trent Green and look how he turned out. One game does not define a player.

Hey I am grasping for straws here so here is to hoping.

HC_Chief
11-08-2004, 09:33 AM
He danced around, showed little-to-no speed, was indecisive, and allowed blitzers to come untouched, getting his QB drilled.

Other than that, he had a superb game. :thumb:

teedubya
11-08-2004, 09:35 AM
i wonder if Carl actually watched any tapes of LJ in college before drafting him? LJ blows monkey baows.

Wilson
11-08-2004, 09:35 AM
Don't know if it was slow as much as running with no vision. He was running into the asses of the linement and right into defenders.

ROYC75
11-08-2004, 09:45 AM
OK, everybody knows my frustration on the LJ pick, nothing about LJ other than we should have gone defense.

As for LJ, he is a whinney baby. He had a chance yesterday, didn't fare well at all .

Now with this being said, I'll be the 1st to say that nothing was provened yesterday other than it didn't go to well. The OL is use to PH and DB back there. They run the ball is a different way than LJ does. LJ was slow reading the blocks, seems like he was waiting for that big hole like in his college days to open up. The difference between PH/DB and LJ could be just playing time. We know he can run, he proved it in practice and last year in a preseason game on a kickoff.

BTA, anybody can run it thru an open hole.

Honestly, as much as I hated the draft pick, he needs more playing time to see if he is capable to be an every down back.

P.S. ... I'm not on the LJ bandwagon, just calling it the way I see it.

morphius
11-08-2004, 10:03 AM
I always think it is best to give up on a player after his first set of carries in over 2 years.

I thought both of his runs at the goal line could have been TD's if they had been reviewed. Those just looking at stats need to be aware that 2 of his runs were inside the 5 yard line and on one play the defense was in the backfield so quickly that any running back would have been swallowed up, so a 4 yard loss there.

He has a long way to go, and maybe a little more practice this week well help loosen him up a bit. Of course I don't expect the guy to be Priest either.

TRR
11-08-2004, 10:41 AM
When Holmes was injured initially, I was hoping they'd move TRich to HB and keep LJ on the sidelines. I really didn't think this was the game to give him his opportunity. I wasn't too discouraged by his running style as he ran like that at Penn State. Kind of a herky-jerky slide step style like a Chris Brown or Corey Dillon. However, we really could have went to a one back set with TRich and gotten good pass blocking instead of marginal at best from LJ.

Bob Dole
11-08-2004, 11:40 AM
I always think it is best to give up on a player after his first set of carries in over 2 years.

Bob Dole isn't suggesting that we give up on Johnson.

Bob Dole is simply (still) suggesting that we should not take carries away from a healthy Blaylock just because Johnson was drafted in the first round.

shaneo69
11-08-2004, 02:09 PM
Bob Dole is simply (still) suggesting that we should not take carries away from a healthy Blaylock just because Johnson was drafted in the first round.

Yes, I agree. l hate the fact that Johnson has been getting preferencial treatment by DV just because he was a 1st round pick. Blaylock deserves those carries, and LJ should have to sit on the bench at least one more year, like Derrick did, before he can earn the right to get any carries.

Red Dawg
11-08-2004, 02:31 PM
You can't make him faster. He's too slow! It has nothing to with him getting more carries and then passing judgement. HE'S BIG and SLOW! That will not change with a thousand carries.

morphius
11-08-2004, 02:35 PM
You can't make him faster. He's too slow! It has nothing to with him getting more carries and then passing judgement. HE'S BIG and SLOW! That will not change with a thousand carries.
So he is a lot faster then Priest in the 40, but is too slow and big to ever get it... Ahhhhh, I see.

morphius
11-08-2004, 02:37 PM
Bob Dole isn't suggesting that we give up on Johnson.

Well, Blaylock has been getting the carries all year long, until he got injured. What am I missing?

morphius
11-08-2004, 02:39 PM
Ahhh, heck, I'm just going to say this, and I turned and said the same thing to KCWolfman yesterday...

It just amazes me how much energy people invest in HATING players on their own team.

blueballs
06-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Oh the joys of living in the sticks
there is a small snapping turtle digging a hole with it's hind legs
5-7 yards outside the back door -must be laying eggs

dj56dt58
06-13-2008, 06:43 PM
whose L J?

Hammock Parties
06-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Man tuckdaddy sure is a retard.

Skip Towne
06-13-2008, 07:49 PM
Man tuckdaddy sure is a retard.

Whole bunch of retards in this thread. It's the reason I put NO stock in these "evaluations" we get here after OTA's and training camp.

Hammock Parties
06-13-2008, 07:50 PM
Whole bunch of retards in this thread. It's the reason I put NO stock in these "evaluations" we get here after OTA's and training camp.

You got played, old man. Look at the date on the thread starter.

Skip Towne
06-13-2008, 07:55 PM
You got played, old man. Look at the post on the thread starter.

I saw it. So what?

Hammock Parties
06-13-2008, 07:56 PM
I saw it. So what?

It's an "evaluation" from a regular season game. Sorry, I should have said date.

Skip Towne
06-13-2008, 08:08 PM
It's an "evaluation" from a regular season game. Sorry, I should have said date.

I'd already checked the date. But it takes these old threads to illustrate just how much the masses can tell from watching a practice or even a game.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Wow i don't think this tuckdaddy has a future in an NFL front office with that evaluation.

leviw
06-13-2008, 08:30 PM
...we are hurt real bad...

He got that part right.

Tiger's Fan
06-14-2008, 01:07 AM
Props to Morphius for being the brains behind this BB. Everyone else, not so much.

Ultra Peanut
06-14-2008, 03:44 AM
BEST of ALL THREADS

Ugly Duck
06-14-2008, 11:33 AM

Maybe the blockers have some 300lb defensive linemen trying to push them backwards. That may tend to make them slower than LJ. Just a theory...

blueballs
06-14-2008, 11:36 AM
Maybe the blockers have some 300lb defensive linemen trying to push them backwards. That may tend to make them slower than LJ. Just a theory...

Russell a two way player

The Bad Guy
06-14-2008, 11:44 AM
Props to Morphius for being the brains behind this BB. Everyone else, not so much.

You need a history lesson about this message board.