PDA

View Full Version : Sandy Eggo.... wutta surprise!

Ugly Duck
11-07-2004, 08:07 PM
Hey..... Sandy Eggo is the highest scoring team in the NFL. Sandy-freakin-Eggo! If they hadn't of let Atlanta score two 4th-quarter TD's on 'em and got nipped by one point, they'd be leading the division right now - who wuuda thunk it? Sounds kinda funny.... but the Sandy dang EGGO Chargers are playing the best football in the division so far.... is that weird or what? Its a turvy, topsy world....

Frankie
11-07-2004, 08:10 PM
I've been scratching my head too on this. A Marty team is not a runs-up-the-middle-and-keep-it-close-for-defense team?

Logical
11-07-2004, 08:11 PM
Yes they seem legit, amazing.

Deberg_1990
11-07-2004, 08:11 PM
The most amazing thing is, they have been getting nothing from LaDainlian Tomlinson.

Spott
11-07-2004, 08:50 PM
As long as Marty is their coach, they will be guaranteed to screw it up in the end.

Valiant
11-07-2004, 08:55 PM
yeah they will **** it up in the end...but brees is the guy i wanted in that draft..him and LT... but brees is finally playing lights out and now we have no chance to sign him...

ARROW2
11-07-2004, 08:57 PM
They'll fade.

sd4chiefs
11-07-2004, 09:50 PM
Chief and Donky fans are going to have eggo on thier face if Sandy wins the division.

KcMizzou
11-07-2004, 09:51 PM
Chief and Donky fans are going to have eggo on thier face if Sandy wins the division.I'd rather see them win it than the farkin' donks.

Wilson
11-07-2004, 09:54 PM
:spock:

Yup, who woulda guessed.

Skip Towne
11-07-2004, 09:56 PM
Keep fvcking doubting Marty. BTW, I am no longer a Chiefs fan. I am a Charger fan and if that fails I'm a Steelers fan. Saul has been tutoring me.

chiefs4me
11-07-2004, 09:57 PM
What is the world coming to when I have to cheer for the chargers,,but since the Chiefs can't seem to get it together ANY team is better then the donks winning. Although I don't know if I could take Marty winning,,,,,JMO

KCJohnny
11-07-2004, 10:31 PM
So much for the Chiefs powerhouse Offense...if a Marty-led team is atop the scoring charts...and the Division. Dick Ver who?

XXXshogunXXX
11-07-2004, 10:36 PM
thats right..

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2004, 10:39 PM
So much for the Chiefs powerhouse Offense...if a Marty-led team is atop the scoring charts...and the Division. Dick Ver who?

I hear they give out trophies for 5-3 records in SD.

Skip Towne
11-07-2004, 10:42 PM
Hey, quitter, who asked you?

KCJohnny
11-07-2004, 10:45 PM

Nice try, Bill. The fact is, Marty has shown some semblance of progress in one of the leagues most hapless franchises while DV continues to pathetically believe his own false press about the '99 Rams and try to rebuild that here in KC. He inherited the NFL's 8th best offense and 18th best D in 2000 and has since improbved an already good offense and run a defense in decline into the annals of perpetual embarassment.

Building up one side of the ball at the expense of the other = .500, which is squarely where DV is after nearly 4 full seasons in KC.

Can you say, Mike Martz? As in Ramifization?

The Chiefs are NO BETTER OFF now than they were under Marty or Gunther and no one can produce legitimate evidence to the contrary.

Otter
11-07-2004, 10:57 PM
Nice try, Bill. The fact is, Marty has shown some semblance of progress in one of the leagues most hapless franchises while DV continues to pathetically believe his own false press about the '99 Rams and try to rebuild that here in KC. He inherited the NFL's 8th best offense and 18th best D in 2000 and has since improbved an already good offense and run a defense in decline into the annals of perpetual embarassment.

Building up one side of the ball at the expense of the other = .500, which is squarely where DV is after nearly 4 full seasons in KC.

The Chiefs are NO BETTER OFF now than they were under Marty or Gunther and no one can produce legitimate evidence to the contrary.

Hehehe, I missed you John!!! :D

tk13
11-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Ramifization!!! ROFL This should be good, take us all right back to 2001. Quick, somebody start some "Cut TrINT" and "Donnie Edwards can suk my baows" threads...

KCJohnny
11-07-2004, 11:05 PM
Ramifization!!! ROFL This should be good, take us all right back to 2001. Quick, somebody start some "Cut TrINT" and "Donnie Edwards can suk my baows" threads...

Nice try to deflect the FACTS, bud. I was right and you were wrong.

Ta Da.

In 2001, I called this whole boondoggle correctly and YOU DIDN'T.

tk13
11-07-2004, 11:08 PM
Nice try to deflect the FACTS, bud. I was right and you were wrong.

Ta Da.

In 2001, I called this whole boondoggle correctly and YOU DIDN'T.
But your facts are freaking wrong. When Dick Vermeil was in St. Louis and they won a Super Bowl they were the 4th ranked defense in the entire NFL! Arrrggh we did all this crap three years ago. Nothing Dick Vermeil did in St. Louis (or Philly) was anything close to resembling this.... if anything the team that you could compare this group to is the Colts... maybe it should be "Coltsifization".

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2004, 11:11 PM
Hey, quitter, who asked you?

Quitter? What'd I miss?

Mile High Mania
11-07-2004, 11:13 PM
The Chargers have piled up points and they look good... thankfully, Denver already beat them once. I'll be at the game in San Diego... so, they have to win. Denver is 6-0 in games that I have attended.

KCJohnny
11-07-2004, 11:15 PM
But your facts are freaking wrong. When Dick Vermeil was in St. Louis and they won a Super Bowl they were the 4th ranked defense in the entire NFL! Arrrggh we did all this crap three years ago. Nothing Dick Vermeil did in St. Louis (or Philly) was anything close to resembling this....

Sorry, pal, but you were wrong in opposing me in 2001. This is EXACTLY what I said would happen with Ramifization and the facts bear witness. You and many others thought DV would be able to get a top 5 offense and a "just enough _efense to get by" squad to a Super Bowl. And you cruelly, personally and viciously condemned me for my opinions. Here it is 4 years later, tk13, do you have the personal integrity to face the truth? KCJ nailed it and you have been wrong. This team is no better off than it was under Gunther Cunningham and CERTAINLY not better off than it was under Marty Schottenheimer who posted the 3rd best record in the NFL for a DECADE in KC. YOU were one of the popel saying to ME that "only Super Bowls matter." Where is DV's SB? He has less wins than Marty, less winning % than Gun, and more hype (and influence) than both.

The Arrowhead on the helmet stands for shut down defense and in your face rushing attack. Learn IT.

WilliamTheIrish
11-07-2004, 11:16 PM

John, there are 8 games left in the season. Marty has done nothing in SD. He was miserable in Washington.

Until Marty actually accomplishes something in SD, let's not couch his record in the term 'semblence of progress.' Whatever that is...

Mile High Mania
11-07-2004, 11:19 PM
John, there are 8 games left in the season. Marty has done nothing in SD. He was miserable in Washington.

Until Marty actually accomplishes something in SD, let's not couch his record in the term 'semblence of progress.' Whatever that is...

As far as Washington goes ... I'm beginning to think that NO COACH can succeed in Washington. I'm not sure why.

KCJohnny
11-07-2004, 11:22 PM
Bill, Marty was 8-8 in Washington after an 0-5 start with a team full of overpaid Prima Donnas. He narrowly missed coach of the year for turning the Redskins' season around. Admittedly, SD has floundered, but this year at 6-3 with the highest scoring team in the AFC, Marty is in the drivers' seat. DV is in the hot seat. If you see anything else (ie, SD losing the table and KC running the table) I need your rose colored glasses.

Mile High Mania
11-07-2004, 11:25 PM
Bill, Marty was 8-8 in Washington after an 0-5 start with a team full of overpaid Prima Donnas. He narrowly missed coach of the year for turning the Redskins' season around. Admittedly, SD has floundered, but this year at 6-3 with the highest scoring team in the AFC, Marty is in the drivers' seat. DV is in the hot seat. If you see anything else (ie, SD losing the table and KC running the table) I need your rose colored glasses.

Marty's not exactly in the driver's seat... they lost straight up to Denver, also at 6-3. But - they're sitting nicely as the #4 or #5th ranked team in the AFC right now, depending on how they match up with the Jets.

tk13
11-07-2004, 11:40 PM
Sorry, pal, but you were wrong in opposing me in 2001. This is EXACTLY what I said would happen with Ramifization and the facts bear witness. You and many others thought DV would be able to get a top 5 offense and a "just enough _efense to get by" squad to a Super Bowl. And you cruelly, personally and viciously condemned me for my opinions. Here it is 4 years later, tk13, do you have the personal integrity to face the truth? KCJ nailed it and you have been wrong. This team is no better off than it was under Gunther Cunningham and CERTAINLY not better off than it was under Marty Schottenheimer who posted the 3rd best record in the NFL for a DECADE in KC. YOU were one of the popel saying to ME that "only Super Bowls matter." Where is DV's SB? He has less wins than Marty, less winning % than Gun, and more hype (and influence) than both.

The Arrowhead on the helmet stands for shut down defense and in your face rushing attack. Learn IT.
I get the sense that you're taking all your aggression over all the people who disagreed with you over the years out on me here. I don't hate you or anything, and I like Marty, I have no ill will toward him, but he had 10 years and it just didn't get done. The Dick Vermeil era isn't over, and I'm not going to abandon everything now. Some people thought I was a blathering idiot when I was sitting here defending Trent Green when he was throwing pick after pick, hopefully some faith in Dick Vermeil pays off. I'm not going to just abandon everything now, because I believe in the guy. I didn't see you here last week blasting Dick Vermeil when we beat Indianapolis, and I didn't see you here doing it when we destroyed Atlanta. Maybe you don't believe in what you're saying enough to say it when the chips are against you, but I am, and even with some of the things that have happened this year, I have yet to lose faith in Dick Vermeil. There isn't anybody in the NFL I'd rather have coaching this team.

I just don't like it when I feel people misrepresent the facts, and you seem to like to perpetuate the idea that Dick Vermeil is some coach that is all hype that's never given a crap about defense, when in reality the guy's teams really had more defensive success than offensive success until he came here... and you've done it from his first season here back when there was no precedent for saying he didn't care about defense.

Always Charger
11-08-2004, 10:43 AM
The Chargers have piled up points and they look good... thankfully, Denver already beat them once. I'll be at the game in San Diego... so, they have to win. Denver is 6-0 in games that I have attended.

The last time I remember SD won at Denver was when Jr intercepted a ball in the last minute of the gam...Canīt remember beating you guys again...In San Diego we have a better chance, itīs going to be a good game...May decide who wins the division.

As for you Chiefs fan, itīs been a very rough season. I still belive you are one Power house on offense, but man, you HAVE to do something about your D....I lost all my bets this weekend, I had you guys on my parleys.....

Anyway, the game at KC will be a good one, it could turn out a shootout (what?? SD in a shootout?? wow... :clap: )....

Weīre having a great season, with everything we expected before this begun, Iīm very happy with my team, and with our schedule we might pull a big upset this season ....

Brock
11-08-2004, 10:54 AM
Much respect to Proctor for the service he has provided us all....but his football knowledge definitely is no better than before.

the Talking Can
11-08-2004, 11:00 AM
Much respect to Proctor for the service he has provided us all....but his football knowledge definitely is no better than before.

thank you, I was getting to ready to say something much, much less nice......

the Talking Can
11-08-2004, 11:02 AM

fug it

you're still a martyr....and a tool....and an asshole....its about the CHIEFS, not Johhny....you'll never figure that out....you deserve your unhappiness

ROYC75
11-08-2004, 11:06 AM
Marty's not exactly in the driver's seat... they lost straight up to Denver, also at 6-3. But - they're sitting nicely as the #4 or #5th ranked team in the AFC right now, depending on how they match up with the Jets.

But the 2nd meeting makes them 1 up if they beat you in SD, which I think will happen.

shaneo69
11-08-2004, 11:14 AM
I was actually getting ready to say that I would be rooting for Marty the rest of the season because a) the Chiefs are done, b) I have nothing against Marty, and c) I hate the donkeys with a passion.

Then I see that KCJ has come back out of the woodwork to remind us how smart Marty is and how dumb DV is. It doesn't matter that Marty has never made it to a Super Bowl in what, 18 or 19 years as head coach? Apparently all that matters is that Marty and Gunther left DV with the #1 ranked offense and #1 ranked defense in 2000, and DV has let everything go to pot since then.