PDA

View Full Version : Holmes and Barber info .....

ROYC75
11-08-2004, 08:54 AM
Early reports on Holmes ( possible MCL ) and Barber ( ACL ) , both will have MRI's today to decide the serverity of it.

teedubya
11-08-2004, 08:55 AM
oh man. Heres to you 5-11.

teedubya
11-08-2004, 08:57 AM
This ligament on the medial aspect of the knee, the medial collateral ligament (MCL), is a commonly injured ligament. It is a broad thick band about four to six inches long. It has deep and superficial layers. This ligament is vulnerable to blows to the knee from the outside, which often occur in contact sports. The exciting thing is that these ligaments can heal well if the person treats them correctly after the injury. What the athlete should not do is use the RICE protocol and anti-inflammatory medications, as these stop the healing process. A better approach is the MEAT program, which involves movement, exercise, natural analgesics, and specific treatments such as physiotherapy or Prolotherapy. When they do not heal on their own, Prolotherapy is used to strengthen them, thus relieving the pain. The MCL rarely needs surgical repair, but often requires stimulation repair with Prolotherapy.

Injury to the MCL also occurs when an athlete falls awkwardly while playing a contact sport or skiing. He/she feels a tearing pain on the inner side of the knee. Usually the athlete can still walk but the pain increases with passage of time. Often there is a swelling of the knee due to the trauma. These symptoms gradually improve over several weeks, and in many cases heal completely. In complete tears (grade III) a brace if often prescribed with gradually-increasing degrees of motion of the knee. This type of bracing is called functional bracing. It is used for a very short time. For the athlete who wants to speed the healing process, even for a complete tear, Prolotherapy can be done on both ends of the MCL to stimulate the body to repair the area.

BigRedChief
If Priest is out who are we going to beat? Oakland at home. Who else?

KcMizzou
Link?

ROYC75
11-08-2004, 09:00 AM
Heard an interview on Fox with CP, said they would know more later today.

The ( possible )MCL on Holmes could keep him out for 1 game, he wasn't giving Barber much hope from the sounds of it .

KcMizzou
11-08-2004, 09:02 AM
The ( possible )MCL on Holmes could keep him out for 1 game, Oh, I thought an MCL was much more severe than that. When we went from a contusion (bruise) to that... it scared me.

Thanks.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-08-2004, 09:03 AM
If Priest is out who are we going to beat? Oakland at home.
maybe...

:sulk:

Iowanian
11-08-2004, 09:06 AM
Blaylock has done very well in his limited chances. The Chiefs can still win some games with him packing the rock...........alot more that cornpickle #27.

Thats right........Its official.........I'm OFF the LJ wagon.

I've liked Barber, and I hate that he was injured.....but he was brought here to be a leader, coverage and stopping the run..........and he's been mediocre at best this year.

There will be no playoffs for our team this year.

morphius
11-08-2004, 09:07 AM
Well, this is gonna leave a mark

ROYC75
11-08-2004, 09:09 AM
If Barber is out for the year, it might open the door for another LB off the practice squad to come aboard, see a little playing time.

KcMizzou
11-08-2004, 09:11 AM
If Barber is out for the year, it might open the door for another LB off the practice squad to come aboard, see a little playing time. Oh lord... Rich Scanlon. Our prayers have been answered.

:p

teedubya
11-08-2004, 09:16 AM
Oh lord... Rich Scanlon. Our prayers have been answered.

ROFL

ROYC75
11-08-2004, 09:17 AM

Hey, I didn't mention any names.

But I like your thoughts ! ROFL

I hate to see anybody get injured, but it happens.

Skip Towne
11-08-2004, 09:20 AM
Blaylock has done very well in his limited chances. The Chiefs can still win some games with him packing the rock...........alot more that cornpickle #27.

Thats right........Its official.........I'm OFF the LJ wagon.

I've liked Barber, and I hate that he was injured.....but he was brought here to be a leader, coverage and stopping the run..........and he's been mediocre at best this year.

There will be no playoffs for our team this year.
Off the LJ wagon? You're from Iowa, you should be used to shitty players. :p

DaWolf
11-08-2004, 09:25 AM
Well I guess if we were going to suffer key injuries, it might as well be in the midst of a crap season and not in the midst of a Super Bowl run... :cuss:

bringbackmarty
11-08-2004, 09:57 AM
hey maybe lj will get 1000 yards and we trade him to someone for a mlb, or a db.

Swanman
11-08-2004, 10:11 AM
hey maybe lj will get 1000 yards and we trade him to someone for a mlb, or a db.

I don't see LJ getting 645 carries over the next 8 games.

Logical
11-08-2004, 10:14 AM
I don't see LJ getting 645 carries over the next 8 games.
ROFL how true

R&GHomer
11-08-2004, 10:14 AM

I saw that coming from the cheap seats ROFL :deevee:

KCWolfman
11-08-2004, 10:18 AM
Hey, with only having two players drafted in this millennium to the NFL (Nate Dwyer and Adrian Jones - neither really burning up the scene), you don't have a lot of room to talk. You had better get back to your Steelers board.

ROYC75
11-08-2004, 10:22 AM
I saw that coming from the cheap seats ROFL :deevee:

Damn, I didn't know that having a guy who makes tackles on the team was a bad thing ? :rolleyes:

I guess to each his own ....... ROFL

Iowanian
11-08-2004, 10:42 AM

Robert Gallery
Nate Kaeding
Casey Weigeman
Dallas Clarke
Eric Steinbeck
Tim Dwight
Jarrod DeVries
Kurt Warner(UNI)
and the list goes on........

Top 12 the past 2 seasons, top 20 this season, with the 5-6th string RB starting due to Injuries...............

Who you got Tigger?

KcMizzou
11-08-2004, 11:02 AM
Who you got Tigger?
ROFL Tigger? That's sure to piss him off.

Braincase
11-08-2004, 11:03 AM
Robert Gallery
Nate Kaeding
Casey Weigeman
Dallas Clarke
Eric Steinbeck
Tim Dwight
Jarrod DeVries
Kurt Warner(UNI)

Top 12 the past 2 seasons, top 20 this season, with the 5-6th string RB starting due to Injuries...............

Who you got Tigger?

All I give a rat's ass about is Nik Moser, ISU...

Red Dawg
11-08-2004, 11:19 AM
Barber will be dropped in the off season. Maybe we will sign a better player.

Eleazar
11-08-2004, 11:25 AM
So what corners and linebackers are projected for the top of the first round next year? :spock:

vailpass
11-08-2004, 11:37 AM
[QUOTE=Iowanian]Robert Gallery
Nate Kaeding
Casey Weigeman
Dallas Clarke
Eric Steinbeck
Tim Dwight
Jarrod DeVries
Kurt Warner(UNI)

Don't forget Mssrs. Stoops & Long who are currently doing their alma mater quite proud over there at Oklahoma U.

Iowanian
11-08-2004, 11:40 AM
Moser is doing pretty well at ISU this year..heard his name quite a few times on the radio saturday..I know one of the Fullbacks and WRs at ISU.

Vail.........Tigger probably doesn't want to hear about some guy named Ed Podalak right now either...or John Alt........or the Hildebergs.

CBs..........Not alot to offer, IMO................Dline or LBs...........several prospects. Roth is a 1st day DE.......and there are probably 2 LBs next year.

vailpass
11-08-2004, 11:44 AM
Moser is doing pretty well at ISU this year..heard his name quite a few times on the radio saturday..I know one of the Fullbacks and WRs at ISU.

Vail.........Tigger probably doesn't want to hear about some guy named Ed Podalak right now either...or John Alt........or the Hildebergs.

Or Andre Tippet or Reggie Roby or Mark Bortz or Alex Karass (sp?) or.....

But if Tigger don't like them apples I gues we could always talk wrestling ;)

Bowser
11-08-2004, 11:44 AM
So what corners and linebackers are projected for the top of the first round next year? :spock:

We keep up at this pace, we'll have a shot at Texas LB Derrick Johnson.

chiefqueen
11-08-2004, 12:19 PM
I sure hope Priest's MCL is okay, but if it isn't it would make Whitlock look stupid as he implied that Priest should have gone ahead & kept playing yesterday b/c the team doctor didn't tell him he couldn't.

KCWolfman
11-08-2004, 12:21 PM
Robert Gallery
Nate Kaeding
Casey Weigeman
Dallas Clarke
Eric Steinbeck
Tim Dwight
Jarrod DeVries
Kurt Warner(UNI)

Who you got Tigger?
See below:

The powerhouses Nate Dwyer and Adrian Jones. With names like Adrian, your school doesn't produce very much.

Bob Dole
11-08-2004, 12:40 PM
Anyone know what Brian Shay is doing these days?

Bowser
11-08-2004, 12:45 PM
Anyone know what Brian Shay is doing these days?

Going to strip clubs with Jesse Haynes and Ted White.

KCWolfman
11-08-2004, 12:47 PM
Going to strip clubs with Jesse Haynes and Ted White.
They aren't still using that "I coulda been a contender, I coulda been somebody" line, are they?

Bowser
11-08-2004, 12:49 PM
They aren't still using that "I coulda been a contender, I coulda been somebody" line, are they?

Ha! Great flick!

Nah, they're still stuck on "Do you know who I am?"

Saulbadguy
11-08-2004, 12:51 PM
Iowa and Iowa State suck...and thats all I have to add.

ROYC75
11-08-2004, 12:51 PM
Ha! Great flick!

Nah, they're still stuck on "Do you know who I am?"

Back to doing what they did before they became famous !

HolmeZz
11-08-2004, 01:09 PM

Rather have Rolle. I think a shutdown corner is more important than a linebacker.

Iowanian
11-08-2004, 01:10 PM
Iowa and Iowa State suck...and thats all I have to add.

Doesn't ISU have more wins this year to date than the GheyU Mildcats?

DenverChief
11-08-2004, 01:17 PM
great.....what would brian boytano do?

Iowanian
11-08-2004, 01:34 PM

Probably sip tea while you gave him a peticure...........

I have no Idea..........maybe a triple axle?

Do Canadian Figure skaters know anything about playing CB?

Titus will be thrilled when KC drafts a safety on Day 1.

KCFalcon59
11-08-2004, 01:51 PM
Titus will be thrilled when KC drafts a safety on Day 1.

Well we're gonna need one! Woods is done. To think we could have drafted that guy Pittsburgh got with the trade Polamalu.

Bob Dole
11-08-2004, 01:57 PM

What would Brian Boitano do? If he was here right now, he'd make a plan and he'd follow through.

That's what Brian Boitano'd do.

Spicy McHaggis
11-08-2004, 02:09 PM
If Barber is out for the year, it might open the door for another LB off the practice squad to come aboard, see a little playing time.

The Time of Keyaron Fox is at hand. Make haste and spread the word.

WebGem
11-08-2004, 02:59 PM
I think without Priest we will probably win every game and go 11-5 and win the Super Bowl.

Saulbadguy
11-08-2004, 03:04 PM
Doesn't ISU have more wins this year to date than the GheyU Mildcats?
Thats GheySU, FYI.

And yes, they have one more win. Too bad their next game is at Manhattan. Good luck with that, Suckclones.

HC_Chief
11-08-2004, 03:05 PM
The 'Suckclones' were good enough to defeat KU this year. How'd the mildkittens fare against my Jayhawks again? :hmmm:

:KU:

teedubya
11-08-2004, 03:06 PM
I think without Priest we will probably win every game and go 11-5 and win the Super Bowl.

I think without your medication you are a very dangerous person.

KCWolfman
11-08-2004, 03:07 PM
Ehh, he is a Blue Jay fan as well, I would say he is more feeble than dangerous.

Saulbadguy
11-08-2004, 03:08 PM
The 'Suckclones' were good enough to defeat KU this year. How'd the mildkittens fare against my Jayhawks again? :hmmm:

:KU:
The Hawks did lose Barmann at Ames..i'd would say that has alot to do with it.. :hmmm:

But again, ISU comes to Manhattan...I dont' think they can win there.

WebGem
11-08-2004, 03:12 PM
Okay, I think you should answer this question.

Is it at all possible that Larry Johnson wins Super Bowl XXXIX MVP?

HC_Chief
11-08-2004, 03:14 PM
Losing Barmann was hardly a bad thing.... the O was sputtering big time with him at the helm. Swanson added a spark. Unfortunately CU knocked him out of the game :(

Saulbadguy
11-08-2004, 03:16 PM
Losing Barmann was hardly a bad thing.... the O was sputtering big time with him at the helm. Swanson added a spark. Unfortunately CU knocked him out of the game :(
IIRC they played Brian Luke in that game quite a bit too. John Nielsen is a worthless piece of crap, however. I don't see them winning another game with him. :(

Calcountry
11-08-2004, 03:36 PM
Just another GRob graduate to untrain. :shake:

Bowser
11-08-2004, 03:39 PM
Just another GRob graduate to untrain. :shake:

Ha!

Hell, if he can play like that under Knob, think of what he could do in an attack style defense!

Bob Dole
11-08-2004, 03:46 PM
Any news out of KC on Holmes' MRI?

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-08-2004, 03:49 PM
Apparently they took a look at his knee.......?.?.?.?.?.?

FAX
11-08-2004, 03:50 PM
I trust they will they be MRIing the brainpans of the defensive unit as well?

FAX

Bowser
11-08-2004, 03:51 PM

Kietzman is currently screaming at a Sooner fan, and I can't pick up 610 am.

So I guess I am saying I don't know, yet. And don't worry, there is no charge for the other updates. :thumb:

BIG_DADDY
11-08-2004, 04:22 PM
Apparently they took a look at his knee.......?.?.?.?.?.? ROFL Apparently indeed. ROFL

Pants
11-08-2004, 04:44 PM
Priest said he didn't feel a tear or anything like that, that's why he thought he was ready to go out and play again. I don't think the injury is at all that serious. He'll just skip some practices and will be ready to go on Sunday. But knowing DV, he'll want to be safe with Priest and will start the B-Monster, anyway.

Bowser
11-08-2004, 04:46 PM
Priest said he didn't feel a tear or anything like that, that's why he thought he was ready to go out and play again. I don't think the injury is at all that serious. He's just skip some practices and will be ready to go on Sunday. But knowing DV, he'll want to be safe with Priest and will start the B-Monster.

Fescoe said Priest had a similar injury in Baltimore. He tried to tough it out for a couple of weeks, but in the end, it ended up costing him 4 weeks of inactivity.

I say sit him for the Saints game so he doesn't aggrivate the injury on the turf.

FAX
11-08-2004, 04:49 PM
Fescoe said Priest had a similar injury in Baltimore. He tried to tough it out for a couple of weeks, but in the end, it ended up costing him 4 weeks of inactivity.

I say sit him for the Saints game so he doesn't aggrivate the injury on the turf.

Word, Mr. Bowser. Sit him for a few games along with Trent, TG, and TR. Start the 2nd and 3rd stringers showcasing them to the league for trade value and saving our aging stars.

Then use FA to get Gun some impact players on D and a WR with blazing speed.

FAX THE FIXER

Pants
11-08-2004, 04:51 PM
Word, Mr. Bowser. Sit him for a few games along with Trent, TG, and TR. Start the 2nd and 3rd rounders showcasing them to the league for trade value and saving our aging stars.

FAX THE FIXER

Eff that, we are going 11-5, and you KNOW it. You guys never listen to me, but when we lose in the Superbowl, you'll say "Damn, metro was right this whole time"...

Bowser
11-08-2004, 04:53 PM
Word, Mr. Bowser. Sit him for a few games along with Trent, TG, and TR. Start the 2nd and 3rd stringers showcasing them to the league for trade value and saving our aging stars.

FAX THE FIXER

Overzealous is the word that jumps to mind after reading this one.........

I'm not throwing in the towel just yet, Mr. Fax. Talk to me again after a couple more losses.......

;)

Bob Dole
11-08-2004, 05:01 PM
Priest has strained MCL. Extent of strain won't be known for a few days. Every day evaluation process. Will prepare as if he won't play.

Dick Vermeil soundbite... on 810.

Blaylock is back to work. Expected to be 100% on Sunday.. and will be starter if Priest isn't ready.

Thanks for the update!

On a related note, it's kind of sobering for Bob Dole to realize that he's been wrong for the past few years.

You are <b>not</b> completely and utterly ****ing useless.

FAX
11-08-2004, 05:04 PM
Eff that, we are going 11-5, and you KNOW it. You guys never listen to me, but when we lose in the Superbowl, you'll say "Damn, metro was right this whole time"...

Ah yes, Mr. Metrolike. But (God Forbid) when the injury bug spreads throughout our senescent offensive pro-bowlers as a result of pressing and retirement becomes their best option after a disappointing and humiliating season, YOU will say, "Damn, that FAX THE FIXER, what a guy! He has my undying respect and complete confidence. Would that I were only more like him." And, you will say other similar stuff that is very complimentary too.

FAX THE GOOD IDEA MAN

Bob Dole
11-08-2004, 05:06 PM
Sorry you sobered up, Bob.

No biggie. That's a fairly simple fix.

Pants
11-08-2004, 05:11 PM
Ah yes, Mr. Metrolike. But (God Forbid) when the injury bug spreads throughout our senescent offensive pro-bowlers as a result of pressing and retirement becomes their best option after a disappointing and humiliating season, YOU will say, "Damn, that FAX THE FIXER, what a guy! He has my undying respect and complete confidence. Would that I were only more like him." And, you will say other similar stuff that is very complimentary too.

FAX THE GOOD IDEA MAN

Keep dreaming Mr. Fax, we are going to the SB and losing there.

FAX
11-08-2004, 05:14 PM
Keep dreaming Mr. Fax, we are going to the SB and losing there.

The best part of me hopes that you are correct, Mr. Metrolike.

Best

FAX THE HUMBLE

TRR
11-08-2004, 05:42 PM
I'm not too concerned with Holmes' injury. Barber's injury on the other hand did not look good.

Mr. Laz
11-08-2004, 05:49 PM
bet 'cha king carl blames the whole fugged up season on injuries

ESPECIALLY if holmes misses even a single game

Wile_E_Coyote
11-08-2004, 06:02 PM
Rhonda Moss, take it for what it's worth, Barber could be out for the season

Ralphy Boy
11-08-2004, 06:20 PM
At this point would it be so much to ask for a mysterious injury to happen to Mr Welbourn? No sense giving up a pick higher than we have to when we know we aren't going to get a playoff win out of it.

MKB4®
11-08-2004, 06:23 PM
DICK VERMEIL: “Shawn Barber has a knee injury and is going down to Birmingham (AL) to see Dr. Andrews who operated on his other knee when he was with the Redskins. He’ll get an evaluation and then we’ll know more. He’s definitely out.

“Priest (Holmes) has a strained MCL. The extent of the strain will only be known after a period of days. He was a little better today than it was after the ballgame. It’ll be an every day evaluation process and we’ll go from there. We’ll go ahead and prepare as if he’s not going to be there, just in case if he isn’t we’ve got everybody ready to go. I can’t make that decision or the doctors or can Priest right now. Of course, Priest is always optimistic. He surprises us all the time by doing what he does. We’ll play it by ear.”

Q: What about Blaylock? Will he be back?

VERMEIL: “I think he’ll be back to work some, limited on Wednesday. He was close on Sunday. We worked him out on Sunday before the ballgame but it just didn’t feel good at top speed.”

Q: If Priest isn’t able to go will Blaylock be your starter and Larry Johnson the backup?

VERMEIL: “If Blaylock is 100%, yes.”

Q: So no Kris Wilson yet?

VERMEIL: “No, but he’ll start practicing a little bit this week in drills.”

Q: So, Priest wasn’t healthy to go back in the game? Reading the quotes he said that the coach didn’t know what to do, or that they could have put a brace on it. What’s the story?

VERMEIL: “The trainer told me he had a knee problem and it wasn’t a good idea to play him. When I went back to see Priest on the bench, and I’ve looked at him on the bench for a few years now and know, I didn’t think it was a good idea that we go ahead and play him because he’s the kind of guy who if you say go play, he would even if he wasn’t feeling well. We didn’t put him back in for all the right reasons.”

Q: It’s possible he could be back this week?

VERMEIL: “Oh yeah, sure. There are degrees of sprains and we’ve had three or four of them this year already and guys come back and play. But you don’t know until you get a few days away as to how severe it is.”

Q: What would be the mindset of the club with Priest since he means so much?

VERMEIL: “We don’t play anybody who isn’t ready to play at his best or it would hurt him. That’s all. We didn’t put him back in there on Sunday because we didn’t feel real good about it. That just doesn’t make good sense if it’s Priest Holmes or any player. Most coaches operate that way.”

Q: This is different than the last time in the Carolina game where you said you didn’t want him in the game at that time.

VERMEIL: “The Carolina game. That’s so long ago I don’t…did we play them this year? Let’s go on. I can’t go back that far. I can’t remember what I said yesterday.”

Mr. Laz
11-08-2004, 06:28 PM
At this point would it be so much to ask for a mysterious injury to happen to Mr Welbourn? No sense giving up a pick higher than we have to when we know we aren't going to get a playoff win out of it.

i think that might be why they are platooning bober and welbourn right now. ;)

Skip Towne
11-08-2004, 06:35 PM
Robert Gallery
Nate Kaeding
Casey Weigeman
Dallas Clarke
Eric Steinbeck
Tim Dwight
Jarrod DeVries
Kurt Warner(UNI)

Who you got Tigger?
I'll give you Podolak and Weigeman. Gallery? Isn't he that reserve lineman for the Chargers? Never heard of the rest of those stiffs. We ain't got much either. Ever heard of Gale Sayers or John Riggins. Dana Stubblefield, Gilbert Brown or Nolan Cromwell? John Hadl? These are just some I remember, I'm sure there are more but I'm too lazy to look for them. Besides, KU is a basketball school and Iowa sucks!

Saulbadguy
11-08-2004, 06:39 PM
:ksu: has scoreboard on Iowa, biatches.

Saulbadguy
11-08-2004, 06:41 PM
I'll give you Podolak and Weigeman. Gallery? Isn't he that reserve lineman for the Chargers? Never heard of the rest of those stiffs. We ain't got much either. Ever heard of Gale Sayers or John Riggins. Dana Stubblefield, Gilbert Brown or Nolan Cromwell? John Hadl? These are just some I remember, I'm sure there are more but I'm too lazy to look for them. Besides, KU is a basketball school and Iowa sucks!Robert Gallery plays for the Raiders. He was the #2 pick overall in the draft.

You forgot Kwame Lassiter.

Skip Towne
11-08-2004, 06:45 PM
Robert Gallery plays for the Raiders. He was the #2 pick overall in the draft.

You forgot Kwame Lassiter.
Last I heard Gallery hadn't cracked the starting lineup. KU has put lots of players in the NFL but I'm not gonna go look them up. Cromwell's DB mate was also in the Rams D backfield with him. Can't remember his name.

Saulbadguy
11-08-2004, 06:48 PM
Last I heard Gallery hadn't cracked the starting lineup. KU has put lots of players in the NFL but I'm not gonna go look them up. Cromwell's DB mate was also in the Rams D backfield with him. Can't remember his name.
Last weekend I was checking out Memorial Stadiums "ring of fame" and the only name I recognized was Gale Sayers. I didn't recognize the others. I know who John Riggins is, but I didn't see him on the ring. What gives? :shrug:

I'll also add Charles Gordon will be in the NFL in a few years. Guaranteed.

Skip Towne
11-08-2004, 06:54 PM
Last weekend I was checking out Memorial Stadiums "ring of fame" and the only name I recognized was Gale Sayers. I didn't recognize the others. I know who John Riggins is, but I didn't see him on the ring. What gives? :shrug:

I'll also add Charles Gordon will be in the NFL in a few years. Guaranteed.
No Riggins? They may as well take the whole thing down. Did you notice if Cromwell was up there?

Saulbadguy
11-08-2004, 06:56 PM
No Riggins? They may as well take the whole thing down. Did you notice if Cromwell was up there?
Nope..didn't notice. I do remember now I saw Hadl, and Curtis McClinton.

TRR
11-08-2004, 07:08 PM
bet 'cha king carl blames the whole fugged up season on injuries

ESPECIALLY if holmes misses even a single game

I blame our season on injuries. I knew in training camp that the first couple of games were going to be ugly. We weren't two weeks in to TC and we had our top 3 receivers out with injuries in Kennison, Boe, and then Morton. Then we lost Boe for the season, Kennison has been banged up and we lost a huge part of our "new offense" in Kris Wilson. On the defensive side, we could hardly field a LB crew against the Vikes with Maz out for the season, and Kawika Mitchell on the sidelines as well. Then Battle, who was having a solid TC goes down.

Everyone knew were weren't a deep team. Do I blame this season on injuries? Hell yes. Because it is a ligitimate excuse. You can't lose your top 4 WR's in TC and still play well out of the gate. Our offense is just now (the last couple of games) getting on track.

Now we've lost Shawn Barber as well.

Deberg_1990
11-08-2004, 07:10 PM
I blame our season on injuries. I knew in training camp that the first couple of games were going to be ugly. We weren't two weeks in to TC and we had our top 3 receivers out with injuries in Kennison, Boe, and then Morton. Then we lost Boe for the season, Kennison has been banged up and we lost a huge part of our "new offense" in Kris Wilson. On the defensive side, we could hardly field a LB crew against the Vikes with Maz out for the season, and Kawika Mitchell on the sidelines as well. Then Battle, who was having a solid TC goes down.

Everyone knew were weren't a deep team. Do I blame this season on injuries? Hell yes. Because it is a ligitimate excuse. You can't lose your top 4 WR's in TC and still play well out of the gate. Our offense is just now (the last couple of games) got on track.

Now we've lost Shawn Barber as well.

Ummmm....Sorry, that doesnt fly either......Do you realize that the Pats played Troy Brown a WR at Nickel back yesterday because they are so thin in the secondary and he played better than any of our DB's......pretty pathetic.......Injuries are not an excuse.

TRR
11-08-2004, 07:16 PM
Ummmm....Sorry, that doesnt fly either......Do you realize that the Pats played Troy Brown a WR at Nickel back yesterday because they are so thin in the secondary and he played better than any of our DB's......pretty pathetic.......Injuries are not an excuse.

Ummmm...Sorry. If you haven't realized yet. The 2004 KC Chiefs are not the New England Patriots.

Mr. Laz
11-08-2004, 07:18 PM
Everyone knew were weren't a deep team.
Ummmm...Sorry. If you haven't realized yet. The 2004 KC Chiefs are not the New England Patriots.

and why aren't we a deep team?

and why AREN'T we the caliber of the new england patriots?

Skip Towne
11-08-2004, 07:32 PM
Nope..didn't notice. I do remember now I saw Hadl, and Curtis McClinton.
Hadl was a hometown boy. Went to Lawrence HS. There is no way McClinton should be there and not Riggins. Do you know of a place to find a list of who is on the Ring of Fame? If you get me one I'll tell you who they are.

Saulbadguy
11-08-2004, 07:38 PM
Hadl was a hometown boy. Went to Lawrence HS. There is no way McClinton should be there and not Riggins. Do you know of a place to find a list of who is on the Ring of Fame? If you get me one I'll tell you who they are.
I believe these guys are on it, plus McClinton:

http://www.kusports.com/football/all-american/

ck_IN
11-08-2004, 07:46 PM
<i>I blame our season on injuries. I knew in training camp that the first couple of games were going to be ugly. We weren't two weeks in to TC and we had our top 3 receivers out with injuries in Kennison, Boe, and then Morton. Then we lost Boe for the season, Kennison has been banged up and we lost a huge part of our "new offense" in Kris Wilson. On the defensive side, we could hardly field a LB crew against the Vikes with Maz out for the season, and Kawika Mitchell on the sidelines as well. Then Battle, who was having a solid TC goes down.</i>

I am so tired of hearing people whine about injuries. :rolleyes:

Boe was a complete nonfactor on offense last year. Maybe he would've torn it up this year maybe he would've been the total nothing he was on O last year. Saying he's a top 3 WR is either dreaming or saying that our WR's are that bad.

I don't think Morton missed a single game. Any injury he had was trivial.

Wilson was a rookie and therefore couldn't be counted on to provide anything. For all we know he might be another Sims.

Battle is a no talent idiot. He played yesterday and was a complete nonfactor.

Mitchell and Maz are both average at best. Losing either is no loss and I love Maz. Biesel is maybe half a notch below these two.

Kennison did miss some games and that hurt but with the weapons this offense has missing Kennison shouldn't be a show stopper.

Injuries are a part of the game. Good teams with good coaching deal with it. Bad teams with poor coaching don't. Please bury that pathetic injury crutch.

Skip Towne
11-08-2004, 08:12 PM
I believe these guys are on it, plus McClinton:

http://www.kusports.com/football/all-american/
Some of those dudes are even before my time. I started following KU in 1955. But Zook and Bobby Douglas were on that '69 Orange Bowl team with Riggins. That article said it was against Penn but it was really Penn State. Douglass was a big (for the day) strong left hander who probably could have played defensive end. I was in Korea and didn't get to see that Orange bowl. I'd give your left nut for a tape of it. McClinton was a tall rangy dude from Wichita. There was a hint of a scandal with him as he went to TCU (I think) first and then transferred to KU. We were accused of tampering. I think he played briefly for the Chiefs but wasn't much. Ran too upright. Another very good QB was Steve Renko. His dad was a former KU QB. He had a very strong arm and pitched for the White Sox after graduation. I'd like to see the complete list of the Ring of Famers. Probably the best O lineman KU ever had later coached the Seahawks but I can't remember his name right now.

Mr. Laz
11-08-2004, 08:21 PM
Injuries are a part of the game. Good teams with good coaching deal with it. Bad teams with poor coaching don't. Please bury that pathetic injury crutch.

also worth noting...

that coincidently all these injuries mentioned happened at positions that everyone in the known football world knew we should of strengthen in the off season.

1. we needed a true #1 receiver - oops :redface: injuries at receivers hurt our team.

2. we needed an upgrade at MLB - oops :redface: injuries at MLB hurt our team.

3. we needed a quality #1 cover cornerback - oops :redface: injuries at cornerback hurt our team

so in others words, if we hadn't been so gawd dam cheap and tried to "just get by" at critical positions, that needed to be upgraded in the first place, we would of had better depth and these injuries wouldn't of hurt us so badly.

allow me...

Dammit Carl :cuss:

Skip Towne
11-08-2004, 08:24 PM
Also, Saul, for another KU legend, google Willie Pless, the best MLB KU has ever had. Only 5'11" and 210 he was too small for the NFL but became a legend in the CFL.

WilliamTheIrish
11-08-2004, 08:39 PM
Some of those dudes are even before my time. I started following KU in 1955. But Zook and Bobby Douglas were on that '69 Orange Bowl team with Riggins. That article said it was against Penn but it was really Penn State. Douglass was a big (for the day) strong left hander who probably could have played defensive end. I was in Korea and didn't get to see that Orange bowl. I'd give your left nut for a tape of it. McClinton was a tall rangy dude from Wichita. There was a hint of a scandal with him as he went to TCU (I think) first and then transferred to KU. We were accused of tampering. I think he played briefly for the Chiefs but wasn't much. Ran too upright. Another very good QB was Steve Renko. His dad was a former KU QB. He had a very strong arm and pitched for the White Sox after graduation. I'd like to see the complete list of the Ring of Famers. Probably the best O lineman KU ever had later coached the Seahawks but I can't remember his name right now.

Good ol' Bobby Douglass. Strong as an ox. Played with Da Bears in some of their worst years, but the guy was so tough. He'd be scrambling and have defenders literally hanging on him and just drag them around.
Had a cannon for an arm. He was Elway, sans the accuracy. But he threw bullets. In one game, Douglass hit a DB in the helmet with an errant throw across the middle... knocked his helmet off.

He was almost a cartoon like legend. Got beat out by Billy Canon or Bob Avellini.

Skip Towne
11-08-2004, 09:19 PM
Good ol' Bobby Douglass. Strong as an ox. Played with Da Bears in some of their worst years, but the guy was so tough. He'd be scrambling and have defenders literally hanging on him and just drag them around.
Had a cannon for an arm. He was Elway, sans the accuracy. But he threw bullets. In one game, Douglass hit a DB in the helmet with an errant throw across the middle... knocked his helmet off.

He was almost a cartoon like legend. Got beat out by Billy Canon or Bob Avellini.
Uh....Billy Cannon was a RB for LSU and a helluva TE for the hated Faiders but he in no way was a QB. You pretender.

Saulbadguy
11-08-2004, 09:28 PM
Nice. I was wrong. The elderly are good for something.

Skip, i'm still looking for the complete ring of fame.

WilliamTheIrish
11-08-2004, 09:46 PM
Uh....Billy Cannon was a RB for LSU and a helluva TE for the hated Faiders but he in no way was a QB. You pretender.

Gah!! I'm getting old. It was Jack CONcannon. Boston College.

Saulbadguy
11-08-2004, 09:52 PM
Skip-
That list I provided you with is who is on KU's wall of fame. Only All-Americans. I thought I saw McClinton, but I may be wrong.

WilliamTheIrish
11-08-2004, 09:55 PM
Just looked up Douglass' stats.

In 1972
Rushing: 968 yds. on 141 attempts.
Passing: (14 games) 75-198 (37%) 12 INT's. 9TD's. 9 lost fumbles.

DaWolf
11-09-2004, 01:48 AM
and why aren't we a deep team?

and why AREN'T we the caliber of the new england patriots?

Interesting question, especially considering how Carl has always touted his belief that you win with the best 56 man roster, not the best starting 11. Looks like Carl has started sucking at even his own philosophy.

But I guess that's what happens when you give the Barbers and McCleons and Hollidays the money and draft the LJs in round 1...

Wile_E_Coyote
11-09-2004, 05:51 PM
Rhonda Moss report on 610:

Priest, 30/70 chance on playing Sunday

Barber, done for the season, via DV

Wilson, will be on practice field tomorrow, no team practice yet

Jr, will need about 1 more week

McCleon, Blaylock & Biesel back at practice tomorrow

Dunn, backspasms, know more tomorrow

Warrior5
11-09-2004, 05:54 PM
I hope DV lets Blaylock carry the rock and rests Holmes for the Pats.

Sure-Oz
11-09-2004, 06:20 PM
I would rather see holmes sit on the bench this week he needs to rest. Blaylock and LJ need to step up and help get us a W sunday, the whole D needs to step up.