PDA

View Full Version : My son got his first deer!

ChiefsOne
11-09-2004, 12:05 PM
I took my son hunting on the youth hunt this past weekend. He killed his first, a button buck, on Sunday morning at 6:30. He was very excited and we had to drive it around and show everyone.

BTW he is 9 years old and just bought him a 223 last Thursday. He shot it from about 60 years away.

Funny story and hunters will understand: Tanner, my son, asked me after he shot it how far away the deer was, I told him 50-60 yards. When we were showing it around the first person asked him how far he was, he said "oh about 50-60 yards" the second person asked and he said "oh guess it was about 60-70 yards"! I laughed my ass off. I would bet it was even farther yesterday when he was telling his friends at school.

ChiefsOne
11-09-2004, 12:05 PM
I think I was even more excited than he was!!!

Kraut
11-09-2004, 12:08 PM
Nice job!!! SOme men hunt all their lives and get nothing. Once again great job!! :thumb:

stumppy
11-09-2004, 12:10 PM
:thumb:

It's hard to beat a day like that.

Boise_Chief
60 years away thats a long shot you should be proud. hehe

MOhillbilly
I can hear him at school....*three w/ one blow*

Hunting down south? If you think he'll want to try to fill a doe tag late in the season PM me.

Braincase
11-09-2004, 12:12 PM
I remember my first deer. Car was in the body shop for a month.

MadProphetMargin
11-09-2004, 12:14 PM
I took my son hunting on the youth hunt this past weekend. He killed his first, a button buck, on Sunday morning at 6:30. He was very excited and we had to drive it around and show everyone.

BTW he is 9 years old and just bought him a 223 last Thursday. He shot it from about 60 years away.

Funny story and hunters will understand: Tanner, my son, asked me after he shot it how far away the deer was, I told him 50-60 yards. When we were showing it around the first person asked him how far he was, he said "oh about 50-60 yards" the second person asked and he said "oh guess it was about 60-70 yards"! I laughed my ass off. I would bet it was even farther yesterday when he was telling his friends at school.

RAH! Not bad for a 9 year old!

I assume, though that you meant 60 YARDS away.

Or else you use relativistic bullets.

Mr. Kotter
11-09-2004, 12:15 PM
Congrats! :thumb:

Now, to be fair and balanced; you have to make him sit through Bambi. :)

ChiefsOne
11-09-2004, 12:21 PM
60 years away thats a long shot you should be proud. hehe

yards

ChiefsOne
11-09-2004, 12:24 PM
MOHillbilly
Hunting down south? If you think he'll want to try to fill a doe tag late in the season PM me.

Yes, I was hunting down south. But may take you up on the offer, I'll let you know. He really loved it and wanted to go more. Youth Hunt doesn't allow, but Hillbilly hunt might!!!!

ChiefsOne
11-09-2004, 12:25 PM
pic

go bo
11-09-2004, 12:27 PM
MOHillbilly

Yes, I was hunting down south. But may take you up on the offer, I'll let you know. He really loved it and wanted to go more. Youth Hunt doesn't allow, but Hillbilly hunt might!!!!9 years old?

he has a lot of deer hunting ahead of him, but it's great to start out by getting one...

it'll be a memory he cherishes for his entire life...

congrats to him and to you! :toast:

ChiefsOne
11-09-2004, 12:30 PM
Yes, he is 9. He has been bow hunting for the last couple of years, but didn't kill anything. This was the first time he went with a rifle, I didn't know about the Youth Hunt until last week and you have to be 11 to take the Hunter's Saftey Course.

MOhillbilly
11-09-2004, 12:31 PM
MOHillbilly

Yes, I was hunting down south. But may take you up on the offer, I'll let you know. He really loved it and wanted to go more. Youth Hunt doesn't allow, but Hillbilly hunt might!!!!

I have a big stand and lots of deer.Hit me up if ya wanna come out you are invited.

Bwana
11-09-2004, 12:36 PM
Very cool ChiefsOne. Now I need to get my rear out there and tag one along with an elk.

ChiefsOne
11-09-2004, 12:37 PM
I have a big stand and lots of deer.Hit me up if ya wanna come out you are invited.

Sure thing.....thanks!

I'll have to the second weekend. I leave my deer rifle at my parents house, never had any place to go up here. I'll pick up my gun this weekend.

ChiefsOne
11-09-2004, 12:39 PM
Bwana
Very cool ChiefsOne. Now I need to get my rear out there and tag one along with an elk.

I would love to kill an Elk, but might get in trouble around here by the game farmers!

teedubya
11-09-2004, 12:40 PM
yee haw.

sevenand7kc
11-09-2004, 12:41 PM
This will be my 3rd year of deer hunting and I haven't gotten one yet. Shot at a few, but haven't gotten anything.

Rifle has been sighted in and ready to go for this weekend.

Was this your son's first year? Had you taken him before? I've got a 6 year old who has expressed a little interested and would like to hear the pros/cons of taking him out to sit with you.

Before anyone asks - no it's not sitting in an actual tree stand together - it's an old outhouse that I've converted over for hunting.

teedubya
11-09-2004, 12:43 PM
That's shitty.

Thats punny.

ptlyon
11-09-2004, 12:44 PM
Before anyone asks - no it's not sitting in an actual tree stand together - it's an old outhouse that I've converted over for hunting.

My Grandpa always used to say, "Never $hit in your blind".

sevenand7kc
11-09-2004, 12:46 PM
That's shitty.

I should have seen that one headed my direction!

It actually works quite nice. It has windows on 3 sides that you can open up and shoot through. Keeps the wind and snow from hitting you very much as well.

Calcountry
11-09-2004, 12:49 PM
9 years old?

he has a lot of deer hunting ahead of him, but it's great to start out by getting one...

it'll be a memory he cherishes for his entire life...

congrats to him and to you! :toast:
For 60 years at least.

:p

Red Dawg
11-09-2004, 01:22 PM
MURDERER!

MOhillbilly
11-09-2004, 01:27 PM
Just give me alittle heads up,and ill run some others off and scout what time they are moving.PM me when you get close and ill give you my #.
Its a big enough stand you and your boy can both hunt,or whatever.

Its a big stand.

Iowanian
11-09-2004, 01:27 PM
How could he kill such a cute, innocent, fury creature.........It looks so sad and cuddly like a teddy bear.
Easy.....Just don't lead it as much....

Congratulations. Teach him well.

He's 4 years from needing a Bow now.

Chiefnj
11-09-2004, 01:29 PM
Good for your son.

Is Bambi Jr. going to be adorning the ChiefsOne trophy room?

ptlyon
11-09-2004, 01:29 PM
Its a big stand.

BIG

ChiefsOne
11-09-2004, 01:31 PM
sevenand7kc
Was this your son's first year? Had you taken him before? I've got a 6 year old who has expressed a little interested and would like to hear the pros/cons of taking him out to sit with you.

He has been bow hunting for the last couple of years, but this was the first time gun hunting. Hard to keep quite for very long, at least my son, they get bored and want to start messing with leaves or asking questions. Try to be patient and understand that their attention span is very short. When we wasn't seeing deer he was bored and wanted to talk or walk around. When we were seeing some, he was really anxious to shoot.

I think it is a good thing to do with them, start instilling things early.

Braincase
11-09-2004, 01:35 PM
Here's the file you've all been looking for.

bogie
11-09-2004, 01:38 PM
Congratulations to ChiefsOne Jr. I have a six year old girl and I'm afraid she'll never get the hunting bug. All you guys with sons or daughters that want to hunt with you are very, very lucky.

ptlyon
11-09-2004, 01:41 PM
Don't worry bogie - she may someday.

Does she appear interested when you bring home game?

bogie
11-09-2004, 01:48 PM
Don't worry bogie - she may someday.

Does she appear interested when you bring home game?

She's surprisingly interested and unafraid of the hanging deer even after it's gutted. I have a neice and sister that hunt as well and I hope that will peak her interest. But I'm pretty sure she's a girly girl. Which is okay, but not very promising for a father daughter hunt. But, I'm not giving up yet. She still has several years of me gently encouraging her before I give up.
Thanks.

ChiefsOne
11-09-2004, 01:50 PM
Iowanian
How could he kill such a cute, innocent, fury creature.........It looks so sad and cuddly like a teddy bear.
Easy.....Just don't lead it as much....

Congratulations. Teach him well.

He's 4 years from needing a Bow now.

He has been bowhunting for a while and shooting guns. His grandfather has been teaching him a lot since he spends most of the summer with him in Arkansas.

ChiefsOne
11-09-2004, 01:50 PM
Following is a good read from his grandfather: This is to grandfather's nephew that is a writer for the Arkanas Game & Fish.

Hi Tommy,

Tanner killed his first deer today.

I hated to miss his first kill. Tanner is 9. Missouri had a youth hunt this weekend.

Tanner has practiced with me with a 22 rifle and a $9.00 walmart scope for 6 years.

I started him when he was 3 years old. He didn't start hitting the target until he was 5 years old. He would always ask me when I thought he would kill a deer. I told him to keep practicing, we will know when the time comes.

He spent this summer with me while school was out. He shot 3 boxes of 22 bullets. Each box contained 550 bullets. He got to where he could hit the tiny bullseye most every time.

Tanner also shoots a bow.

He started shooting the bow when he was three. The first bow was a recurve. He shot that bow for three years. He could hit the target from 20 feet every time. When he was 5 years old He wanted to shoot a bow with the wheel on it. He would see us hitting the target from a further distance. We all had bows with wheels. I took him to Wal-mart. I told him if he could pull back the bow with wheels, I would buy the bow for him. He tried so hard to pull back the little compound bow but he could not get the bow pulled back.

He continued to shoot all that year with his recurve.

The next year he was 6 years old. On our first shoot, he said he believed he could now shoot the compound bow and asked me to take him back to Wal-mart. I did. I put the bow in his hand and told him if he could pull the bow back, I would buy the bow for him. He got a sincere look on his face and he wrapped his fingers around the string and pulled for everything he had. He got the bow pulled back. Although the bow was mostly pointing straight up, while he had it pulled back he looked at me and a big grin came over his face.

I said thats good enough, I will buy you the bow.

He had a hard time for a couple of weeks keeping the arrow on the string while he struggled to hold the bow back with the arrow notched and trying to aim at the target.

He continued everyday to shoot.

He got good with the bow and could hit the target each time from about 30 ft.

This year Tanner would shoot from 25 yards with his little compound bow. He learned if he elevated the bow, He could hit the deer target at 25 yards. He could hit the deer almost everytime. Sometimes the arrow would stick in the target deer. Most of the time the arrow would hit the deer behind the shoulder and fall to the ground.

I knew it was time for stronger bow.

Tanner had gone home to Springfield, where he lives. He would return in about a week. While he was gone I went to wal-mart and got the youth bow. The pull is 35 pound.

I took the bow to Thayer Plant Food, ( They sell bow accessories) I asked them to put front sights and a peep sight on the bow. Also, I wanted a release. He asked how old is the youth. I said 9 years old. He said he did not recommend this setup for a nine year old. I explained, this is the 3rd bow and the 9 year old has been shooting from the time he was 3 years old.

I had the bow ready when Tanner came back to stay with me for a week.

He learned in two days how the pull the bow, line the front sight with the peep sight, push the trigger on the release and hit the deer behind the shoulder and the arrow would stick.

We looked forward to the fall hunt. Tanner continued to shoot the gun and the bow all summer.

Then, hurricane Charley hit Florida. Being a catastrophe adjuster, I had to go the Florida.

Tanner called and asked me if I would be home for hunting season. I said Yes I should be back.

Then Francis hit. Then, Ivan hit, Then Gene hit. As I set in Orlando and watched the 80 mile an hour wind and heavy rains pound of 22 hours, (winds where clocked at 123 mph in some areas) I knew hunting, for me, was out of the question this year .

Tanner called. I broke the news to him that I would not be hunting this year.
He asked me, If he killed a deer without me being there, if I would be disappointed? I told him I would not be. I explained to him that although I would not be there, He will be taking years of our experience with him and although I was far away I would still be a part of the kill.

Tanner called this morning, his Dad had taken him on the youth hunt north of Thayer. He had killed his first deer with a gun. We were both excited. A big congratulations was given.

This story will be continued next year when I tell you about the deer he will kill with his bow.

ptlyon
11-09-2004, 01:55 PM
She's surprisingly interested and unafraid of the hanging deer even after it's gutted. I have a neice and sister that hunt as well and I hope that will peak her interest. But I'm pretty sure she's a girly girl. Which is okay, but not very promising for a father daughter hunt. But, I'm not giving up yet. She still has several years of me gently encouraging her before I give up.
Thanks.

Exactly what I wanted to hear. Most definitely having other girls in the hunting party will help. 6 is a bit young yet, she still has time.

Good luck!

As a side note, I just found out last week that my g/f has interest in hunting. I've seen her for 3 years, and I never knew it. I was amazed. When I asked why she never said anything she said it was a "guy" thing (my family, brother, dad, etc.).

I am making it a point to take her duck hunting this year to see if she would like it.

I think it is awesome. We may have opened up a new avenue that we can share.

KC Kings
11-09-2004, 01:59 PM
This will be my 3rd year of deer hunting and I haven't gotten one yet. Shot at a few, but haven't gotten anything.

Rifle has been sighted in and ready to go for this weekend.

Youth hunts in Missouri are for ages 6-15, but I can't imagine any 6 year old being ready to hunt. I am taking my 4 year old with me for the weekend, but he will be in the house with his Great Grandmother all day. When everybody comes in for lunch I will take him out in the tree stand with me, but I won't be hunting with him, just sitting and letting him hang out with the boys.

Congrats Junior ChiefsOne!!! Your buck may be small, but the meat will be outstanding, and you have a lot of years ahead of you.

When I was 17, I went hunting with my neighbors. The boy was 15 and it was his first year deer hunting. By 7am on opening day he had a taken a 50+ yard shot and took down a 21 point non-typical. we had never seen a rack that big in person in our entire lives, and he knocks one down on his first hunt. Did you know that taxidermist will setup payment plans for you?

BigRedChief
11-09-2004, 02:07 PM
MURDERER!

He shot Bambi? Who's next? Donald Duck? Bugs Bunny? What season is it? Wabbit or Duck season? :p

May I suggest shooting out the tires on King carls veichle on draft day. That would help Chief fans tremendously. :thumb:

bogie
11-09-2004, 02:07 PM
Exactly what I wanted to hear. Most definitely having other girls in the hunting party will help. 6 is a bit young yet, she still has time.

Good luck!

As a side note, I just found out last week that my g/f has interest in hunting. I've seen her for 3 years, and I never knew it. I was amazed. When I asked why she never said anything she said it was a "guy" thing (my family, brother, dad, etc.).

I am making it a point to take her duck hunting this year to see if she would like it.

I hope she loves it! My wife does not love it. She doesn't like anything about it. She did try it once.
She does however make a point to keep her opinions away from my daughter because she knows I'm trying to encourage her to become a hunting buddy someday. My family has hunted together for well over 30 years and my wife knows it's a passion of mine. If you want your girlfriend to become your hunting buddy, that's great! Keep her warm or she'll lose interest quick.
Honestly, I kind of like the fact that right now my hunting is my own and I don't have to share it with my wife. She knows that too.
ChiefsOne, excellent read, it brought a tear.

Iowanian
11-09-2004, 02:09 PM
Sitting still for long periods of time, and being meticulous about covering his scent will be the biggest obstacles.

I'm a big proponent of teaching kids to hunt.

ptlyon
11-09-2004, 02:32 PM
I hope she loves it! My wife does not love it. She doesn't like anything about it. She did try it once.
She does however make a point to keep her opinions away from my daughter because she knows I'm trying to encourage her to become a hunting buddy someday. My family has hunted together for well over 30 years and my wife knows it's a passion of mine. If you want your girlfriend to become your hunting buddy, that's great! Keep her warm or she'll lose interest quick.
Honestly, I kind of like the fact that right now my hunting is my own and I don't have to share it with my wife. She knows that too.
ChiefsOne, excellent read, it brought a tear.

Thanks bogie. I hope she does too. There are some real loser of days duck hunting, it can get pretty boring. I will keep her warm, we have heaters in our blinds. I don't like to get cold either! :D

She has really expressed an interest in deer hunting with a rifle. Here in Iowa, we only hunt shotgun. But over in South Dakota and Nebraska they allow rifle hunting, and in each state we know a couple that hunt together also. Perhaps I can get her into a hunters safety course this year and go next year. That would be neat.

True, couples need their space apart sometimes.

Good luck with your daughter! That would be an excellent way to spend time with your children!

KC Kings
11-09-2004, 04:36 PM

Good luck!

My VA Beach wife showed a little spark of interest in hunting, and wanted to shoot a gun. I thought first about how great it would be to have a wife that understood the joys of hunting.... then I thought about having a women around on opening day weekend. A women to monitor how much beer we were drinking, a women that would have to get up a 3am in order to get showered and ready for a day out in the woods, a woman who was secretly trying to trick me out of the only excuse I had to spend a few days away from her every fall.

Luckily I caught on to her scheme, laid the .22 up against a tree, handed her my Remington 12 gauge loaded with 3 1/2" turkey mags, and when I saw the butt sitting a half inch off of her shoulder, I calmly told her that when she was ready she could pull the trigger. Needless to say, she will be home with my daughter this weekend, while I am taking the boy on his first hunting trip.

ChiefsCountry
11-09-2004, 05:15 PM
Thats cool, I got my first deer last year. 8 point buck. Hanging in my apartment right now.

bogie
11-09-2004, 06:17 PM
My first Deer. Warning, this is a long story...
The first deer I killed was in 1972. I was 15 years old and I hunted with my Dad. My Dad and I built a double decker stand. He sat about 6 or 7 ft off the ground and I was about 5 or 6 ft. higher up in the same tree. I chewed Beechnut back then and not knowing much about scent and things like that I put a big ole' chaw in my mouth. On my very first spit, which missed my Dad by a few inchs, my Dad, in a very firm fatherly fashion told be to take that sh*t out of my mouth and put it in my pocket. He then explained how well deer smell.
I used a break down single shot 20 guage that my Dad gave me for Christmas. I still have the gun and most of my nephews and one neice used it on their first hunt. Their parents didn't want to invest in a gun for them until they were sure they would hunt again. So my 20 guage became the rookies (n00bs) gun.
That was back in the day when the season was buck only and with the luck of the draw a few doe tags per county were given out. I got lucky and got a doe tag my first year. On the last day of the season a doe came up about 40 yards away. She was standing between us and a pond. When I shot, there was a huge splash in the pond and the doe ran off. I thought for sure I shot over her. My Dad kept telling me he thought I "hit her good" because when I shot she jumped straight up before she ran off, but I didn't believe him. After 30 minutes we got down and sure enough we found the deer. It turns out the slug went through her and hit the pond. The slug took off the bottom of her heart.
My Dad made me field dress the deer which was my first time. He talked me through it and took the knife away from me a couple of times because I was working pretty slow.
I gotta tell you, my Dad was so proud of me he was beaming and my Dad isn't the beaming type. We tied the deer onto the hood of our white station wagon to haul it to the check stand. The front of the station wagon was crashed in from an earlier ice storm incident and now covered with deer blood. When we got to the check station my Dad proudly proclaimed "it's my sons first deer" at which the agent laughed and said "what'd you do, hit it"? My Dad was not ammused.
I have two older brothers who hunted a couple of years before me but with no success. I was the first of my brothers to kill a deer. I will never let them forget that.

4th and Long
11-09-2004, 06:26 PM
Ahhh ... the memories. They come rushing back.
:hmmm:
Yep. I remember when I got my first deer.

http://www.homeproductsnmore.com/deer-whistles/Photos/deer-car.jpg

FUGGIN' DEER! :cuss:

bogie
11-09-2004, 06:35 PM
Ahhh ... the memories. They come rushing back.
:hmmm:
Yep. I remember when I got my first deer.

http://www.homeproductsnmore.com/deer-whistles/Photos/deer-car.jpg

FUGGIN' DEER! :cuss:

WOW! Did that really happen to you?

4th and Long
11-09-2004, 06:43 PM
WOW! Did that really happen to you?
Well ......yes ...... and no.

I did get my first deer with a car. Tore the fug outta my car too. :cuss:

The above picture however, is not of that incident.

Crap, I just noticed I passed 3,000 posts.

So much for the usual celebration. :banghead:

Skip Towne
11-09-2004, 06:57 PM
pic
That's a deer? It looks like you killed somebody's dog.

Demonpenz
11-09-2004, 08:30 PM
I hit the deer one time, tore the shit out of my car. I almost broke my foot kicking it's dead body

Mr. Kotter
11-09-2004, 08:49 PM
Never been a hunter... but my last semester of college I worked part time at a gas station that was also a wildlife checking station. Got to put tags on a bunch of dead deer.

You're sellin' yourself short, Brian.

Whaling count as hunting, regardless. :thumb:

sparkky
11-09-2004, 08:52 PM
good job and congrats!!!
Did you play "name that organ" as you taught him how to field dress it?

DRU
11-09-2004, 10:11 PM
cold blood killers...all of you. look at the deer...it's a baby just like your son. next time let him close enough that papa deer could speer him in the eye with his antlers and give him a knife instead of a rifle.

if you people insist on calling this a sport why not hunt something that can kill you back? how about mountain lions or bears? And do it with your bare hands. Firing a weapon from far enough away they can barely see you...after hiding up in trees and covering yourself with deer piss to hide their only method of survival...scent...is nothing more than pathetic..for lack of more shallow a word.

How many of you believe in God? I for one....am not a religious person. But I would be willing to bet many of you are yet you KILL...look at that word...KILL. I see no difference in letting your 9 year old blast on another young boy. Or how about when another young boy blasts on your 9 year old and then you find out daddy taught him how to shoot one summer in the forrest? Bet that day'll be filled with pictures of him sprawled out in the bed of their truck like a trophy.

Humans disgust me.

ptlyon
11-10-2004, 07:28 AM
Humans disgust me.

That last sentence explains a lot. Where are you from, Mars?

The next time you sit yourself in front of a steak, think how hard you had to work for it and what the animal went through for your pleasure.

Moron. :shake:

Bwana
11-10-2004, 07:42 AM
cold blood killers...all of you. look at the deer...it's a baby just like your son. next time let him close enough that papa deer could speer him in the eye with his antlers and give him a knife instead of a rifle.

if you people insist on calling this a sport why not hunt something that can kill you back? how about mountain lions or bears? And do it with your bare hands. Firing a weapon from far enough away they can barely see you...after hiding up in trees and covering yourself with deer piss to hide their only method of survival...scent...is nothing more than pathetic..for lack of more shallow a word.

How many of you believe in God? I for one....am not a religious person. But I would be willing to bet many of you are yet you KILL...look at that word...KILL. I see no difference in letting your 9 year old blast on another young boy. Or how about when another young boy blasts on your 9 year old and then you find out daddy taught him how to shoot one summer in the forrest? Bet that day'll be filled with pictures of him sprawled out in the bed of their truck like a trophy.

Humans disgust me.
WTF?? Are you serious?? Who the hell are you, the leader of PETA? What a dickweed.

Fairplay
11-10-2004, 07:47 AM
WTF?? Are you serious?? Who the hell are you, the leader of PETA? What a dickweed.

I second that. Hes an idiot.

Fairplay
11-10-2004, 07:51 AM
While I was quite the beaver hunter back in the day, it was more of a catch and release program.

Did you catch anything the doctor had to fix?

Bwana
11-10-2004, 08:20 AM
I second that. Hes an idiot.

To say the least. :shake:

ChiefsOne
11-10-2004, 11:13 AM
DRU

Humans disgust me.

You are a fuggin moron DRU!!!!!!!!!!

Hunting is not a sport IMO, and I never said it was.

God put animals on this earth for us to eat and live off of. "KILL" your defination isn't even worth getting into. He knows the difference in an animal to shoot to eat and a human. Now maybe if he saw your dumbass he might shoot you!

Next time you are eating your Big Mac, think about how that cow was smashed in the head with a slege hammer to feed you pathetic ass or how much that head of lettuce suffered for you!

I have no idea how people like you can even get out bed. Fuggin Retard!

Frosty
11-10-2004, 01:02 PM
Plus, we're talking about a deer here. A fuggin' long-legged rat. You can't hardly move around here without tripping over one of the damned things.

You get Bambi out of your head in a hurry when you almost end up in a ditch trying to avoid one, or they eat everything in your yard and garden or tear the crap out of your fence because they are too stupid to avoid the fence and run right through it. :cuss:

Radar Chief
11-10-2004, 01:09 PM

Humans disgust me.

Just where do you think that double cheeseburger you had for lunch came from?

“It’s easy to use the glue when you don’t have to kill the horse yourself.” Ray Ramono

bogie
11-10-2004, 01:57 PM
DRU,
If that's your real name. Where do you live? In a house, a condo, an apartment complex? The land you live on used to belong to wildlife. You and I have taken over their land. We've messed with their eco system. Because of that it's now our resposibility to protect their existing system. Because I live in a house that is on land that used to sustain wildlife I want to do my part to help. That's one reason why I'm a hunter. Other than bitching on a BB what are you doing to help maitain our wildlife? If you're not doing anything, SHUT THE FUGG UP!

Nightfyre
11-10-2004, 02:02 PM
The real question is not who killed it, but who cleaned.

Oh! And who did the ceremonial Liver eating! And by that I mean who, after the deer was cleaned, took a bite out of the fresh liver in celebration of a first kill.

bogie
11-10-2004, 02:06 PM
The real question is not who killed it, but who cleaned.

Oh! And who did the ceremonial Liver eating! And by that I mean who, after the deer was cleaned, took a bite out of the fresh liver in celebration of a first kill.

ewww. We'll rub blood on the face, that's about as far as we'll go.

Nightfyre
11-10-2004, 02:07 PM
ewww. We'll rub blood on the face, that's about as far as we'll go.
Fuggin Californians. I expected less.

bogie
11-10-2004, 02:09 PM
Fuggin Californians. I expected less.

Only in body, not in sole.

Radar Chief
11-10-2004, 02:11 PM
DRU,
If that's your real name. Where do you live? In a house, a condo, an apartment complex? The land you live on used to belong to wildlife. You and I have taken over their land. We've messed with their eco system. Because of that it's now our resposibility to protect their existing system. Because I live in a house that is on land that used to sustain wildlife I want to do my part to help. That's one reason why I'm a hunter. Other than bitching on a BB what are you doing to help maitain our wildlife? If you're not doing anything, SHUT THE FUGG UP!

Oh that’s rep. Organizations like Ducks Unlimited do more for wildlife habitat than a hundred PETAs. :thumb:

Bwana
11-10-2004, 05:40 PM
Oh that’s rep. Organizations like Ducks Unlimited do more for wildlife habitat than a hundred PETAs. :thumb:

Without question.........

Uncle Jesse
11-10-2004, 06:27 PM
Nice job!!! SOme men hunt all their lives and get nothing. Once again great job!! :thumb:

You're kidding right?

There are so many deer here in Kansas they hand out extra tags quite often to control the pop.

If you hunt for deer here your entire life and don't get one thats just pathetic.

BTW did I see some spots on that deer's back? Button buck or fawn?