PDA

View Full Version : FFL Help

DJay23
11-09-2004, 09:02 PM
Ok, I'm on a roll and I want to keep it that way. I've won 3 in a row, but I'm sort of like Ohio State. I'm one of the lowest scoring teams in teh league, but teams seem to always have a bad game against me. I'd like to get the right line up this week so I don't have to sweat as much. This is a yardage and touchdowns league.

Here is my starting line up as of now, along with the options I"m considering:

QB Tim Rattay vs. Car or Brian Griese vs. Atl
RB Deuce McAlister vs KC
RB Kevan Barlow vs Car or Warrick Dunn vs. TB
WR Donald Driver vs Min or Anquan Boldin vs NYG
WR Keary Colbert vs SF or Jimmy Smith vs Det*
TE Algae Crumpler vs TB or Marcus Pollard vs Hou**
K Shayne Graham
D/ST Atlanta vs TB or NY Giants vs Ari

*Jimmy Smith is a consistent performer, however he is playing with a back up quarterback who may not have the same chemistry that exists with Leftwich.
**Saved my ass this week. I was down by7 going in to monday night and the guy pulled off 2 touchdowns for me to get me the win. He's a lot like Jerome Bettis though, or Boerigter from a couple years ago. He's got 16 catches, 5 of them touchdowns. Crumpler on the other hand gets a lot of yardage with the occasional touchdown. He's consistent, Pollard is hit or miss.

Opinions?

Miles
11-09-2004, 09:08 PM
How man WR and RB's do you need?

DJay23
11-09-2004, 09:28 PM
How man WR and RB's do you need?
2 each

Nelson Muntz
11-09-2004, 09:41 PM
Any free agents for the New Orleans offense will score you a lot of points. :banghead:

Miles
11-09-2004, 09:41 PM
Rattay (keep an eye on the injury though)

RB
Deuce
Dunn - Tough call vs. Barlow but Dunn has been a consistant TD producer decent TD producer despite his low carries and yards.

WR
Driver - Playing the Minn D
Boldin - They threw to him a ton last week but he was really well covered by Miami's very solid CB's. Very tough call between him and Jimmy Smith though. As you said the new QB may hurt smiths production. However they have had the bye week to prepair for this game and get in synch.

TE - Crumpler only because he is more consistant.

D - too close to call. I would have said NYG but with strahan out its a tossup.

DJay23
11-09-2004, 10:09 PM
Rattay (keep an eye on the injury though)

RB
Deuce
Dunn - Tough call vs. Barlow but Dunn has been a consistant TD producer decent TD producer despite his low carries and yards.

WR
Driver - Playing the Minn D
Boldin - They threw to him a ton last week but he was really well covered by Miami's very solid CB's. Very tough call between him and Jimmy Smith though. As you said the new QB may hurt smiths production. However they have had the bye week to prepair for this game and get in synch.

TE - Crumpler only because he is more consistant.

D - too close to call. I would have said NYG but with strahan out its a tossup.

Thanks, they're tough calls.

Rattay would have been a solid free agent pick up for me if not for the injury. It looks like it'll bring his numbers down some (lost some velocity, more interceptions), but he's on a team that's behind a lot so he should still throw for a lot of TD's. I think against Carolina I kind of have to play him, though the injury scares me a little. Griese I haven't techinically picked up yet, but I have a waiver order pending. He's looked solid since he's come back and looks to be the starter for the duration now. Pennington is my regular started, but I've had to put him on IR, and I wanted to jump at Griese for insurance purposes.

At running back Barlow has been a huge disappointment. Every time i play he he gets me jack squat. When I don't play him, he scores TD's and gets actual yardage. Again, against Carolina it's a tough call. I like Deuce against our D, he's gotten more and more involved since the bye and his injured ankle. He's good for at least a TD a week. Dunn, like you said has been solid for me. At least a TD a week and a few yards, though I don't like the way they've cut his role of late. Going against the TB D sort of scares me.

I think Driver is a no brainer at wideout. I like Colbert against San Fran. He hasn't broken out since I've owned him, but I expect it to happen any time, San Fran is the perfect team to do it against. This could be the week. Same for Boldin. I picked him up early in the season and sat him on IR, hoping that the move would pay off. I would kick myself if he finally busted through this week, but then the Giants D is fairly solid. Jimmie Smith gets a lot of yards, but not too many TD's. I'm thinking with a back up he may not produce as much. This is my toughest decision, my second wideout slot.

Tight end I think I'll go with Crumpler because of consistency.

With the D, I'm going to stay with Atlanta. They've been my highest scorer this year (sad huh). They pulled through for me against Denver, and they always seem to get at least 1 big return or a lot of turnovers or both.

stumppy
11-09-2004, 11:13 PM
By the way, I hate teams like yours. I've got beat a couple of times this year by the lowest scoring team in the league.:cuss:
With that said.

Griese
McAlister
Dunn
Boldin
Smith
Crumpler
Atlanta