PDA

View Full Version : Trouble at work.

Scorp
11-10-2004, 05:02 PM
So I am having this problem with this crazy girl at work. The problem is she doesn't do her share of the work for the team. Always slacking, and not doing things the way they are suppose to do. I have tried to communicate properly with this girl, but all she does is give me attitude. I have communicated this with my superiors.

Tuesday it all came to a head, when she blew a fuse. I approached her and tried to point out what she was doing at the current time was incorrect. She became irate and got in my face yelling this and that. My superiors quickly separated us, and wanted the "He said She said story". I have been called a liar and all sorts of stuff by her, you shouldn't have to put up with in a work environment.

The problem is, I still have to communicate with this person in a team environment. Managment wants us to work things out ourselves instead of them getting involved. She is african american, and the resentment she has towards me I see nothing but future problems ahead.

So fellow planeteers, how the hell would you handle this?

Saulbadguy
11-10-2004, 05:05 PM
Sounds like your management is pretty worthless if they won't work things out.

My advice, do the best you can, and work with her the best you can. If she continues to slack off, they should catch wind of that themselves, and take action accordingly.

Donger
11-10-2004, 05:05 PM
So I am having this problem with this crazy girl at work. The problem is she doesn't do her share of the work for the team. Always slacking, and not doing things the way they are suppose to do. I have tried to communicate properly with this girl, but all she does is give me attitude. I have communicated this with my superiors.

Tuesday it all came to a head, when she blew a fuse. I approached her and tried to point out what she was doing at the current time was incorrect. She became irate and got in my face yelling this and that. My superiors quickly separated us, and wanted the "He said She said story". I have been called a liar and all sorts of stuff by her, you shouldn't have to put up with in a work environment.

The problem is, I still have to communicate with this person in a team environment. Managment wants us to work things out ourselves instead of them getting involved. She is african american, and the resentment she has towards me I see nothing but future problems ahead.

Are you her boss?

Scorp
11-10-2004, 05:07 PM
Are you her boss?

More like team leader.

KcMizzou
11-10-2004, 05:07 PM
Has Phob been around to suggest poking her in the butt yet?

Bwana
11-10-2004, 05:08 PM
How tall is she and is the top of her head flat?

ChiTown
11-10-2004, 05:10 PM
More like team leader.

Man, I am soooooooooooooooooo fn glad I don't work within the corporate confines any more. Team Leader? Come on. She's blowing you, right?

Scorp
11-10-2004, 05:11 PM
Man, I am soooooooooooooooooo fn glad I don't work within the corporate confines any more. Team Leader? Come on. She's blowing you, right?

LMFAO! :thumb:

KcMizzou
11-10-2004, 05:12 PM
Man, I am soooooooooooooooooo fn glad I don't work within the corporate confines any more. Team Leader? Come on. She's blowing you, right? I'm gonna need you to finish those TPS reports. Did you get the memo?

Donger
11-10-2004, 05:12 PM
More like team leader.

What the hell is that? Do you have any authority over her or not?

Rain Man
11-10-2004, 05:13 PM
As an employer, I can say that most bosses pretty quickly figure out who's the keeper in a situation like this, so I wouldn't worry about that.

If you're the team leader, I think the key is to not treat her any differently than any other team members. That just leads to an irreversible escalation. You just have to figure out what makes her tick, get as much productivity out of her as possible, and then document during performance reviews if she's a low achiever and/or requires special attention.

You could also have her killed, but there are a lot of legal ramifications with that, so I can't recommend it until I know more about the situation.

Scorp
11-10-2004, 05:13 PM
What the hell is that? Do you have any authority over her or not?

None to really speak of except I train people to do the job. :banghead:

Brando
11-10-2004, 05:14 PM
Have you tried stabbing her?

Jenson71
11-10-2004, 05:16 PM
Rainman's right.... don't kill her.

Instead, take her down to the companies basement. And chain her to the wall. Then start laying bricks down, so when you are finished, she is in a small cell. Be sure to gag her though, so she doesn't scream and get you into trouble.

ChiTown
11-10-2004, 05:17 PM
I'm gonna need you to finish those TPS reports. Did you get the memo?

Jenson71
11-10-2004, 05:17 PM
Also get on the good side of the other workers and management by calling her Omarosa when dealing with her. This will insure you a top job position in the future and she will fell belittled, eventually quit, and finally sue your sorry ass for millions of dollars.

Donger
11-10-2004, 05:18 PM
None to really speak of except I train people to do the job. :banghead:

Well, in all honesty, I'm not really very good at conflict resolution.

Goog luck.

Rain Man
11-10-2004, 05:20 PM
Rainman's right.... don't kill her.

Instead, take her down to the companies basement. And chain her to the wall. Then start laying bricks down, so when you are finished, she is in a small cell. Be sure to gag her though, so she doesn't scream and get you into trouble.

I always wondered what happened to Bob Amontillado.

BIG_DADDY
11-10-2004, 05:24 PM
Document every conversation as well as everything she does wrong. If there are others there you totally trust get them to document it too. Management probably just sees this as a huge hassel and doesn't want to get sued because she is a black female so do their groundwork for them and give them the fuel they need to fire her.

Jenson71
11-10-2004, 05:26 PM
Poe is the man. My favorite is 'The Masque of the Red Death'

The Fall of the House of Usher was great too.

ROYC75
11-10-2004, 05:28 PM
If it's differents in opinions, tell her that this is good, but that the company is going to want us to do it a certain way.

Is this company rules she has a problem with ?

Is it a project that must be turned in ?

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-10-2004, 05:29 PM
I generally avoid talking to coworkers alltogether.
yea...but unbeknownst to you...that was THEIR choice.....

:)

cdcox
11-10-2004, 05:38 PM
I would find another job and leave. That would punish the company. All stupid deeds must be punished.

Rausch
11-10-2004, 05:40 PM
I would find another job and leave. That would punish the company. All stupid deeds must be punished.

Pretty much...

chiefs4me
11-10-2004, 05:50 PM
Ah,,is there a number where I can verify this at ROFL ROFL

SECTION11
11-10-2004, 05:56 PM
Show her your Calvin Pissing avatar so she can see your sophisticated side?

:i got nuthin:

bogie
11-10-2004, 06:12 PM
What do you want to happen? Do you want to fix the problem, or do you want to get rid of her. If you want to get rid of her and she's doing things truely against company policy, document everything, any witnesses will be very helpful. When you have enough ammo, call her into the office and give her a verbal warning. Document the verbal warning also. Have her sign a form that says she received a verbal warning. She doesn't have to say she agrees with it, just that she received it. Give her space on the form to write down her side of the story. Let her know what she needs to improve on. If she doesn't improve, give her a written warning. Follow the same procedures. Let her know what she needs to improve and the next step is termination. If she continues, present your documentation to your supervisor and have him/her fire her. If he doesn't fire her based on the factual information you've presented him then he's probably doing her and you're screwed so you better start looking for work elsewhere.
If you want to fix the problem without firing her, I suggest you call your team together for a meeting to remind them of the rules. During this meeting bring her problems to the surface, but don't present it as a problem that is currently happening, present it as a problem that the company doesn't want to see happen. Don't pick out any one person, address the entire group. Again, you should still document everything. If she doesn't improve, you're back to presenting it to your superviser and the whole he's doing her scenario. So there ya go. This and $1.25 will get you a cup of coffee.

NY CHIEF
11-10-2004, 06:32 PM
Is she hot?? :hmmm:

Brando
11-10-2004, 06:35 PM
Is she hot?? :hmmm:
Manlius, NY? You should be over on the Rich Scanlon thread! I'm from Tipp Hill.

siberian khatru
11-10-2004, 06:36 PM
Call her the n-word, preferably in front of a large group of co-workers. I guarantee you'll never have to work with her again. Problem solved.

Brando
11-10-2004, 06:37 PM
Call her the n-word, preferably in front of a large group of co-workers. I guarantee you'll never have to work with her again. Problem solved.
She might have trouble hearing him through that white pillow case he wears over his head.

Slayer Diablo
11-10-2004, 06:42 PM
Suggest to management the installation of "security" cameras with full audio in the areas your "team" works in...either she'll quit starting stuff, or they'll see for themselves what's going on.

Phobia
11-10-2004, 08:07 PM
Suggest to management the installation of "security" cameras with full audio in the areas your "team" works in...either she'll quit starting stuff, or they'll see for themselves what's going on.

I haven't responded to you in a while, but in case you had forgotten I just wanted to inform you that you are a moron.

With that said, my suggestion is to poke her in the extra stinky hole. That should loosen her up some....

If that doesn't work, bring some fried chicken and collard greens to share for lunch.

Brando
11-10-2004, 08:08 PM
I haven't responded to you in a while, but in case you had forgotten I just wanted to inform you that you are a moron.

With that said, my suggestion is to poke her in the extra stinky hole. That should loosen her up some....

If that doesn't work, bring some fried chicken and collard greens to share for lunch.

That last line was very Fuzzy Zoeller :thumb:

KcMizzou
11-10-2004, 08:10 PM
Has Phob been around to suggest poking her in the butt yet?
There he is...

Phobia
11-10-2004, 08:11 PM
That last line was very Fuzzy Zoeller :thumb:

Heh heh - I was gonna sign it "Regards, Fuzzy" but I forgot the guy's name. Who the hell goes by "Fuzzy"? Jeez.

Brando
11-10-2004, 08:12 PM
Heh heh - I was gonna sign it "Regards, Fuzzy" but I forgot the guy's name. Who the hell goes by "Fuzzy"? Jeez.
It's like calling yourself Chin-nuts.

jettio
11-10-2004, 08:26 PM
Best way to solve this is to have her come to Chiefs Planet and start a thread seeking advice on how to deal with her Team Leader.

Team leader? What does your company do make new age CDs featuring recordings of Ocean Breezes and Walrus Sh*t washing ashore.

Lzen
11-10-2004, 09:17 PM
Man does this ever sound familiar. Do you work in a restaurant by any chance?

BigRedChief
11-10-2004, 09:25 PM
It's war baby. Set her ass up. Dirty deal her from the bottom of the deck every chance you get.

Skip Towne
11-10-2004, 09:29 PM
It's war baby. Set her ass up. Dirty deal her from the bottom of the deck every chance you get.
Yeah, hide dead shrimp in various places around her cubicle.

jiveturkey
11-10-2004, 09:53 PM
Yeah, hide dead shrimp in various places around her cubicle.Live shrimp are even better.

They do however require a lot more care.

KcMizzou
11-10-2004, 09:54 PM
Live shrimp are even better.

They do however require a lot more care. I'd go with Sea Monkeys.

Dave Lane
11-10-2004, 10:52 PM

Suicide is painless or so I've been told

Dave