PDA

View Full Version : your opinion: if the Chiefs don't make the playoffs this year, what will happen?

bricks
11-11-2004, 10:24 AM
I say Carl and Dick re-sign. Whata you say?

Hammock Parties
11-11-2004, 10:27 AM
Carl and Dick will both be back for one more season. That is the sad truth.

We might see some defensive talent brought in though, thank god.

milkman
11-11-2004, 10:27 AM
Carl goes on vacation just as the FA signing period begins.
Dick goes home to whine in his wine.

Carl drafts some 4th round project type in the first round.

And before any of this happens, we get to read about a zillion Voyager draft scenarios.

KC Jones
11-11-2004, 10:28 AM
re-sign?

Their contract isn't up.

Do you mean resign, as in give notice and stop caoching/managing?

Dick will come back for next year. The offense is still there. They have one more shot at fielding an average defense and riding the offense to the promised land.

As for Carl, he'll never retire all at once. He'll slowly turn over more aspects of managing the franchise and probably eventually just be the chairman of the board or at least a board member. At the very least he'll be very involved in hiring his "replacement" and in choosing the next head coach. At least that's my opinion.

Mr. Laz
11-11-2004, 10:29 AM

And before any of this happens, we get to read about a zillion Voyager draft scenarios.

actually Voyager no longer resides here, but i'll do my best :thumb: :thumb:

teedubya
11-11-2004, 10:29 AM
well... my guess is, is that we will watch 12 other teams in the playoffs... then it will whittle down to 8... then 4... then we will watch the SUperbowl... rinse and repeat same shit for last 35 years.

bricks
11-11-2004, 10:31 AM
re-sign?

Their contract isn't up.

Dick will come back for next year. The offense is still there. They have one more shot at fielding an average defense and riding the offense to the promised land.

As for Carl, he'll never retire all at once. He'll slowly turn over more aspects of managing the franchise and probably eventually just be the chairman of the board or at least a board member. At the very least he'll be very involved in hiring his "replacement" and in choosing the next head coach. At least that's my opinion.

Yes. That is correct. I mean resigning as in giving notice and stop coaching/managing. :thumb:

So, if Carl doesn't resign do you think Lamar will fire him?

milkman
11-11-2004, 10:35 AM
Yes. That is correct. I mean resigning as in giving notice and stop coaching/managing. :thumb:

So, if Carl doesn't resign do you think Lamar will fire him?

Yeah.
That'll happen at about the same exact instant that I call for the return of Martyocre.

Gaz
11-11-2004, 10:37 AM
Vermiel is under contract next year. He will be here and so will Peterson. Hunt is not going to fire them.

xoxo~
Gaz
Expects lots of anguished wailing on the Planet.

Hoover
11-11-2004, 10:38 AM
When the Chiefs miss the playoffs this year

Carl Stays

DV goes.

Saunders is named HC
Gun Stays

Priest comes back for more, thus the O stays the same.

Hicks - Cut June
Holliday - Cut
Barber - Cut June

Draft top 10 pick

1st - CB or WR
2nd - LB or CB or WR (What ever we didn't pick in the 1st.

FA - We will sign a bunch of middle of the road guys nothing huge.

Hoover
11-11-2004, 10:39 AM
DV quits, not fired

beavis
11-11-2004, 10:40 AM
Well, our first priority should be resigning our own players on defense. That much is obvious. :banghead:

ChiefFripp
11-11-2004, 10:40 AM
There is no "if", they aren't making the playoffs. When you can't win any road games besides getting lucky in Baltimore, you just simply are not a playoff team. The Chiefs will lose to The Saints and beat The Patriots...and that is indicative of this complete season.

I do see us bringing in some defensive talent before next season, I mean unless they want Arrowhead burned down by an angry mob of 80,000. I hope our Offense has another 2 years left in them.

teedubya
11-11-2004, 10:41 AM
they wont cut barber now... he would file an injury grieveance, and get paid as much as he got paid this year for the next 2-3 years... it would then count against the salary cap... i.e. bubby fuggin brister.

Mr. Laz
11-11-2004, 10:49 AM
Well, our first priority should be resigning our own players on defense. That much is obvious. :banghead:

i dont expect many changes until the GM and personnel dept is changed.

until then not much else matters

Logical
11-11-2004, 10:59 AM
I say Carl and Dick re-sign. Whata you say?

You are living in a dream world.

A couple of mid level talent free agents will be signed.

The homers will love Carl's draft.

Ticket prices will go up slightly (less than usual)

The ticket sales will be slow so Carl will make a push to sign a flashy post June 1st free agent and will likely fail, whereupon he will settle for some lesser talent but the fans will still fall for it.

Then there will be just enough season ticket holders and fans that each week the games will sell out initially. Depending on how the season progresses will decide if every game is a sellout.

bricks
11-11-2004, 11:06 AM

The ticket sales will be slow so Carl will make a push to sign a flashy post June 1st free agent and will likely fail, whereupon he will settle for some lesser talent but the fans will still fall for it.

Then there will be just enough season ticket holders and fans that each week the games will sell out initially. Depending on how the season progresses will decide if every game is a sellout.

I assume you've seen this before too many times too be saying this. Has this happened a lot of times before? How long have you been a Chiefs fan? However, if Carl and Dick re-signed I'm sure you would like that.

Hammock Parties
11-11-2004, 11:09 AM

Based on Carl's history next year should be a good year for the Chiefs, if, in fact, this year does bomb out and we go 8-8 or whatever.

Logical
11-11-2004, 11:09 AM
I assume you've seen this before too many times too be saying this. Has this happened a lot of times before? How long have you been a Chiefs fan? However, if Carl and Dick re-signed I'm sure you would like that.

Since 1965, yes it has happened many times with Carl.

Definitely happy if Carl resigned, somewhat mixed on DV.

Logical
11-11-2004, 11:10 AM
Based on Carl's history next year should be a good year for the Chiefs, if, in fact, this year does bomb out and we go 8-8 or whatever.

If you enjoy first round playoff losses, yes historically you would be correct.

Hammock Parties
11-11-2004, 11:12 AM
If you enjoy first round playoff losses, yes historically you would be correct.

The streak has to end some time man. :D

bricks
11-11-2004, 11:14 AM
Since 1965, yes it has happened many times with Carl.

Definitely happy if Carl resigned, somewhat mixed on DV.

Wow! since '65? So Vladdy, what is the best Chief team you've ever seen assembled. I wasn't even around when the Chiefs won the SB. Would you say the '69 Chiefs is by far the best team put together by Lamar and co?

alpha_omega
11-11-2004, 12:33 PM
...I will be upset once again...

But, IMO, we can count on another year of DV and CP

patteeu
11-11-2004, 12:37 PM
When the Chiefs miss the playoffs this year

Carl Stays

DV goes.

Saunders is named HC
Gun Stays

Priest comes back for more, thus the O stays the same.

Hicks - Cut June
Holliday - Cut
Barber - Cut June

Draft top 10 pick

1st - CB or WR
2nd - LB or CB or WR (What ever we didn't pick in the 1st.

FA - We will sign a bunch of middle of the road guys nothing huge.

I'll give you credit for a bold, detailed prediction.

I don't think Al Saunders will ever be promoted to head coach.

My prediction is that Carl and DV both stay and that we see more activity in free agency this year in order to make a final push during the Vermeil era. (Not nearly as bold as yours).

Logical
11-11-2004, 01:01 PM
Wow! since '65? So Vladdy, what is the best Chief team you've ever seen assembled. I wasn't even around when the Chiefs won the SB. Would you say the '69 Chiefs is by far the best team put together by Lamar and co?

68-71 team definitely. That Christmas game denied us a 2nd Super Bowl win.

Sig Kauffman
11-11-2004, 01:32 PM
The streak has to end some time man. :D

Until last month, Boston Red Sox fans had been saying that their entire lives. Chicago Cubs fans are still saying it. You are right though...the streak will end...in the year 2058.

ROYC75
11-11-2004, 01:38 PM
68-71 team definitely. That Christmas game denied us a 2nd Super Bowl win.

I thought we had a more complete team that year than any other.

bricks
11-11-2004, 01:38 PM
Until last month, Boston Red Sox fans had been saying that their entire lives. Chicago Cubs fans are still saying it. You are right though...the streak will end...in the year 2058.

ROFL and the 5 year plan will go on to what? You do the math :D

beavis
11-11-2004, 02:13 PM
i dont expect many changes until the GM and personnel dept is changed.

until then not much else matters
My thoughts exactly. We are stuck in football purgatory.

ck_IN
11-11-2004, 02:19 PM
Carl and Dick resign? You're outa your mind.

My take:

Gun will be blamed for the defense being a failure. Gun may leave in disgust. If he does, the new DC will give DV/CP an excuse for next year.

At any rate some mid level FA's will be signed with the excuse that the 1st tier wanted too much money. An offensive player will be drafted 1st, then some token attention will be paid to the D in the rest of the draft. Excuses will be made, fall guys will be found and the faithfull will renew their season tickets which is all CP really cares about.

In short, Logic pretty much has it pegged.

Brock
11-11-2004, 02:23 PM
Nothing will happen.

CHIEFSFAN_NY
11-11-2004, 03:20 PM

Has he returned from his vacation yet????

Calcountry
11-11-2004, 03:30 PM
re-sign?

Their contract isn't up.

I am sure that he will retain only one responsibility, controlling the draft picks. :banghead:

Calcountry
11-11-2004, 03:31 PM
actually Voyager no longer resides here, but i'll do my best :thumb: :thumb:
Hey laz, you and the milkman need to hook up. :p

MOhillbilly
11-11-2004, 03:41 PM
2nd coming will happen 1st.