PDA

View Full Version : Madden 2005 -- funny stuff...

Pages : [1] 2

htismaqe
11-12-2004, 07:03 AM
I decided to start a franchise in Madden with the Chiefs and instead of playing the games for the first (2004) season, I would sim them to mimic what has happened in real life.

Right now, I'm starting week 4 at 0-3 and here's a couple of gems.

Chris Bober and Jason Dunn are demanding playing time or a trade. :D

But these are the funniest:

I checked my Advisors screen and amongst other things, they're saying "The sports radio shows are ripping the team new one" and "We've got cap room. Now's not the time to be frugal." :banghead: :cuss:

A freaking video game is smart enough to figure it out, but the braintrust at 1 Arrowhead Drive isn't?

htismaqe
11-12-2004, 07:17 AM
I'm now starting week 8. The team is 3-4.

The best Advisor quip is "Where are the fans? We need bodies in the seats!"

Oh, and they're projecting Vonnie Holliday as the only Chiefs to make the Pro Bowl. :rolleyes:

NaptownChief
11-12-2004, 07:23 AM
I say put Bober in for Welborne...Give the kid his playing time. He won't get pushed around any more than Welborne does in pass protection.

Ebolapox
11-12-2004, 07:30 AM
ROFL

that's classic

-EB-

htismaqe
11-12-2004, 07:41 AM
Bober ended up playing the last half of the season because Welborne tore a pectoral muscle.

The Chiefs finished 7-9. They lost to the Pats and Titans on Monday night. They got swept by the CHARGERS. :banghead:

The good news is that they beat the Broncos and swept the Raiders.

Trent Green tore his shoulder and it could be career threatening.

Holmes, Shields, Hall and VONNIE HOLLIDAY made the Pro-Bowl. Poor Vonnie is sitting in Hawaii without any clue that he's about to be cut. :D

Well, it's a Bills vs. Bucs Super Bowl. I'm gonna watch it and then get to the business of FIRING CARL PETERSON. :thumb:

teedubya
11-12-2004, 07:57 AM
Today, 07:03 AM----Right now, I'm starting week 4 at 0-3

Today, 07:17 AM----I'm now starting week 8. The team is 3-4

in 14 minutes? so did you just have the computer play? or what.

teedubya
11-12-2004, 07:59 AM
I would sim them to mimic what has happened in real life.

nevermind. :thumb:

Ebolapox
11-12-2004, 07:59 AM
eh, I always sim the seasons too... even at four or five minutes a game, it takes way too long... I pretty much only play madden to GM the chiefs in owner mode...

-EB-

Hammock Parties
11-12-2004, 08:00 AM
Haha....poor htismaque doesn't realize that he CAN'T fire Carl Peterson. For all intents and purposes HE is Carl Peterson.

You can fire Vermeil, Gunther, Saunders and Gansz, though.

Thig Lyfe
11-12-2004, 08:53 AM
Haha.

I blocked an extra point with Dante Hall last night. It was pretty AWESOME!!!!!!

Plus Lyle West was the Horse Trailer player of the game!!! LYLE WEST IS THE FUTURE!!!!

Hammock Parties
11-12-2004, 09:02 AM
:D

Ebolapox
11-12-2004, 09:22 AM
(this is the millionth time saying this, actually...)

gochiefs, you dumbass

-EB-

Ultra Peanut
11-12-2004, 09:35 AM
:DNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Lzen
11-12-2004, 10:02 AM
Man, that is some funny stuff. I can't wait to try out Madden 05. I just ordered it. Should arrive sometime next week. :) In the meanwhile, I've been enjoying NCAA 05 for the past month. What a great game. :thumb:

Eleazar
11-12-2004, 10:05 AM
I got Madden '05 about two weeks ago but I can't stop playing NCAA 2005 long enough to mess with it.

Ebolapox
11-12-2004, 10:09 AM
eh, I'm a poor college student--I'm still on madden 2004 and ncaa 2004 (the only reason I have nfl 2k5 is because of the fact that it was only 20 bucks new)

-EB-

Hammock Parties
11-12-2004, 10:10 AM
Could be worse:

http://img131.exs.cx/img131/2687/screen0094.jpg

http://img131.exs.cx/img131/3269/screen0095.jpg

Ultra Peanut
11-12-2004, 10:17 AM
I may have nightmares.

Hammock Parties
11-12-2004, 10:21 AM
I may have nightmares.

DREAM TEAM:

http://espn.go.com/media/nfl/2001/0103/photo/s_schottenheimer2_i.jpg
http://www.espnstar.com/jsp/cda/photo/upload/889690greg_robinson_150104.jpg
http://www.raiders.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/PNNFDBNEMEPA/012704raye.jpg

Ultra Peanut
11-12-2004, 10:22 AM
Sweet Zombie Jesus.

WebGem
11-12-2004, 11:16 AM
Jimmy Raye is gay

teedubya
11-12-2004, 11:22 AM
DREAM TEAM:

http://espn.go.com/media/nfl/2001/0103/photo/s_schottenheimer2_i.jpg
http://www.espnstar.com/jsp/cda/photo/upload/889690greg_robinson_150104.jpg
http://www.raiders.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/PNNFDBNEMEPA/012704raye.jpg

http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/2002-123/images/defrib1.jpg

Hammock Parties
11-12-2004, 11:24 AM
http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/2002-123/images/defrib1.jpg

Those guys should all carry "do not resuscitate" cards.

htismaqe
11-12-2004, 11:37 AM
Haha....poor htismaque doesn't realize that he CAN'T fire Carl Peterson. For all intents and purposes HE is Carl Peterson.

You can fire Vermeil, Gunther, Saunders and Gansz, though.

For all intents and purposes, the player takes on the role of OWNER. Every once in a while, you'll get an email from "the GM" but the GM, as a separate position isn't "in the game".

That being said, I was MAKING A JOKE.

BTW, those 4 are already gone. I'll be posting an update of the offseason SLAUGHTER soon.

Hammock Parties
11-12-2004, 11:44 AM
For all intents and purposes, the player takes on the role of OWNER. Every once in a while, you'll get an email from "the GM" but the GM, as a separate position isn't "in the game".

That being said, I was MAKING A JOKE.

BTW, those 4 are already gone. I'll be posting an update of the offseason SLAUGHTER soon.

Damn, all of them?

Anyway, the player is pretty much the Owner/GM/Coach/QB.

shakesthecat
11-12-2004, 11:45 AM

I've prolly sim'd about 90 seasons so far on Madden, and more often than not, the years following an off-season where I slash payroll, the team has a much better record than the previous one.

I am the master of the fire sale.

Bearcat
11-12-2004, 11:51 AM
I'm still on ncaa 2004

Keep it... I traded in '04 for '05, and then ended up trading in '05 to get '04 back :banghead:

ZootedGranny
11-12-2004, 12:10 PM
A few months ago I found a terrible (or not so terrible depending on your morals) glitch in Madden 2005. In Owner mode, they let you edit the position of other teams players.

So what you can do is take someone like Ray Lewis and convert him to FB. Then, you can go into free agency, pick up a higher rated FB, and trade him to the Ravens for Ray Lewis, since Lewis is rated terrible as a FB. Then, you can resign him to a contract more in line with what a fullback will make. Then, you just edit him back to MLB. A 99 rated MLB signed to a 7 year, 8 million dollar deal? BRILLIANT!

It is nice to take all of the Broncos and Raiders players and trade them away for free agent scrubs.

Hammock Parties
11-12-2004, 12:14 PM
A few months ago I found a terrible (or not so terrible depending on your morals) glitch in Madden 2005. In Owner mode, they let you edit the position of other teams players.

So what you can do is take someone like Ray Lewis and convert him to FB. Then, you can go into free agency, pick up a higher rated FB, and trade him to the Ravens for Ray Lewis, since Lewis is rated terrible as a FB. Then, you can resign him to a contract more in line with what a fullback will make. Then, you just edit him back to MLB. A 99 rated MLB signed to a 7 year, 8 million dollar deal? BRILLIANT!

It is nice to take all of the Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) and Raiders players and trade them away for free agent scrubs.

LOL that's not so terrible...you shouldn't be f*cking with other teams like that.

BTW, you can't edit anything during a PC franchise...sucks.

htismaqe
11-12-2004, 12:17 PM
Well, end-of-season fan support was near the bottom in the NFL. Ticket sales are way down. I managed a meager $12M in profit.

Hopefully the fans will be re-energized by the changes I made to the staff:

Head Coach -- Romeo Crennel
Off. Coord. -- Tom Rathman
Def. Coord. -- Mike Singletary
ST. Coord. -- Steve Hoffman (former Dallas kicking coach)

htismaqe
11-12-2004, 12:19 PM
I've prolly sim'd about 90 seasons so far on Madden, and more often than not, the years following an off-season where I slash payroll, the team has a much better record than the previous one.

I am the master of the fire sale.

Yep.

When I'm done cutting and paying contract penalties (for cutting players under contract) I'll have close to FIFTY percent of my cap free. :D

Hammock Parties
11-12-2004, 12:22 PM
Well, end-of-season fan support was near the bottom in the NFL. Ticket sales are way down. I managed a meager $12M in profit.

Hopefully the fans will be re-energized by the changes I made to the staff:

Head Coach -- Romeo Crennel
Off. Coord. -- Tom Rathman
Def. Coord. -- Mike Singletary
ST. Coord. -- Steve Hoffman (former Dallas kicking coach)

Cool. Update us on FA and the draft.

I'm assuming you'll be cutting Hicks, Holliday, Woods and McCleon?

ZootedGranny
11-12-2004, 12:23 PM
LOL that's not so terrible...you shouldn't be f*cking with other teams like that.

BTW, you can't edit anything during a PC franchise...sucks.

Ahh, I just do it to mess around. I have a couple straight up franchises that I roll with, but it is fun to have an exported team to mess around with that has all the players you wish the Chiefs had.

Ebolapox
11-12-2004, 12:47 PM
Keep it... I traded in '04 for '05, and then ended up trading in '05 to get '04 back :banghead:

that's what I hear--after reading a few previews of '05, there's only one or two new features that have me amped--the matchup stick, and crowd 'noise' feature---do they not live up to they hype??

-EB-

Lzen
11-12-2004, 01:42 PM
that's what I hear--after reading a few previews of '05, there's only one or two new features that have me amped--the matchup stick, and crowd 'noise' feature---do they not live up to they hype??

-EB-

I love the matchup stick and crowd noise factor. Not sure how much they affect the game, though. Also, they should improve the matchup stick in the future. As of now, it only shows the composure of the backs and linebackers. One other thing that is cool but a little irritating is that you have disciplinary issues at times. You have to take care of them. I thought I was taking care of them throughout my first season but apparently, only suspending them for a quarter or a half was not good enough. I'm now on probation for 2 years, losing 10 scholarships per year. :banghead: Not good for someone trying to build a program. :KU:

htismaqe
11-12-2004, 02:27 PM
This is too much fun.

Imagine how Larry Johnson felt when he heard that the Bears had offered KC the 3rd overall pick in the draft, plus the 99th overall pick and DE Michael Haynes to the Chiefs for RB Priest Holmes and the new Chiefs management ACCEPTED. PBJ

Now imagine how he felt when the new Chiefs management, with the #3 overall pick in the draft, selected a 6'1", 221lb. HALFBACK out of Pittsburgh... ROFL

The offseason was bloody. I couldn't resist the temptation to GUT this team, especially on defense.

Chris Horn asked for too much money and was not re-signed. John Browning, Benny Sapp, and Freddie Jones were also not offered contracts.

Backup linemen Brett Williams and Kevin Sampson got the axe. Johnnie Morton was cut. Several defensive starters were released, including Vonnie Holliday, Dexter McCleon, Mike Mazlowski, Jerome Woods, Shawn Barber, and Eric Hicks.

In addition to the aforementioned trade of Priest Holmes to the Bears, injured QB Trent Green (shoulder) was traded to the Cowboys for the 14th-overall pick.

I extended a 1-year tender to RFA Scott Fujita and placed the franchise tag on Greg Wesley.

The Chiefs had an outstanding draft, largely due to the fact they had 3 1st-round picks. It went like this:

1st -- #3 -- HB Pittsburgh
1st -- #11 -- RG Georgia
1st -- #14 -- LT Howard
2nd -- #43 -- FS Kansas State
3rd -- #75 -- CB Pittsburgh
4th -- #99 -- WR Bucknell
4th -- #107 -- LE Bethune Cookman
5th -- #139 -- ROLB UCLA
6th -- #171 -- LT Montana
7th -- #203 -- WR Hofstra

Next up:

Free agency. I have to find a replacement of Trent Green somewhere.

Lzen
11-12-2004, 02:32 PM
That's the fun part about these games, IMO. Offseason stuff is where we the fan get to live our dreams as GM. Personally, I would not have done nearly as much as you but hey, to each his own. ;)

Nightfyre
11-12-2004, 02:48 PM
This is too much fun.

Imagine how Larry Johnson felt when he heard that the Bears had offered KC the 3rd overall pick in the draft, plus the 99th overall pick and DE Michael Haynes to the Chiefs for RB Priest Holmes and the new Chiefs management ACCEPTED. PBJ

Now imagine how he felt when the new Chiefs management, with the #3 overall pick in the draft, selected a 6'1", 221lb. HALFBACK out of Pittsburgh... ROFL

The offseason was bloody. I couldn't resist the temptation to GUT this team, especially on defense.

Chris Horn asked for too much money and was not re-signed. John Browning, Benny Sapp, and Freddie Jones were also not offered contracts.

Backup linemen Brett Williams and Kevin Sampson got the axe. Johnnie Morton was cut. Several defensive starters were released, including Vonnie Holliday, Dexter McCleon, Mike Mazlowski, Jerome Woods, Shawn Barber, and Eric Hicks.

In addition to the aforementioned trade of Priest Holmes to the Bears, injured QB Trent Green (shoulder) was traded to the Cowboys for the 14th-overall pick.

I extended a 1-year tender to RFA Scott Fujita and placed the franchise tag on Greg Wesley.

The Chiefs had an outstanding draft, largely due to the fact they had 3 1st-round picks. It went like this:

1st -- #3 -- HB Pittsburgh
1st -- #11 -- RG Georgia
1st -- #14 -- LT Howard
2nd -- #43 -- FS Kansas State
3rd -- #75 -- CB Pittsburgh
4th -- #99 -- WR Bucknell
4th -- #107 -- LE Bethune Cookman
5th -- #139 -- ROLB UCLA
6th -- #171 -- LT Montana
7th -- #203 -- WR Hofstra

Next up:

Free agency. I have to find a replacement of Trent Green somewhere.
Its awesome how you drafted from two I-AA teams with your 6th and 7th :rolleyes: They wont be competitive at all.

htismaqe
11-12-2004, 04:05 PM
Its awesome how you drafted from two I-AA teams with your 6th and 7th :rolleyes: They wont be competitive at all.

Hehe...in Madden it really doesn't matter as much what school they came from, it's all about the ratings.

I actually ended up not signing my 7th-rounder because he was so bad and I needed free agents.

Speaking of free agents, here is who I signed:

QB Mike McMahon -- will be the starter
OLB Kalen Thornton -- backup
RB Charles Stackhouse -- good run blocker, being groomed to take over for TRich
WR Aaron Moorehead -- will start at slot WR
CB Vontez Duff -- young depth
DT Eddie Freeman -- hey, what can I say? He was the best of what was left... :D

A couple of interesting FA notes:

Both Barber and McCleon went to the Panthers.
Hicks went to the Chargers and Holliday to the Patriots. Interestingly enough, both teams run predominantly 3-4 defenses, which many of us felt both were better suited for...

Mr. Kotter
11-12-2004, 04:08 PM
I decided to start a franchise in Madden with the Chiefs and instead of playing the games for the first (2004) season, I would sim them to mimic what has happened in real life.

I checked my Advisors screen and amongst other things, they're saying "The sports radio shows are ripping the team new one" and "We've got cap room. Now's not the time to be frugal." :banghead: :cuss:

A freaking video game is smart enough to figure it out, but the braintrust at 1 Arrowhead Drive isn't?

Good thing it's a game...I'd be PISSED if that was the REAL season. :banghead:

:cuss:

digi2fish
11-12-2004, 04:08 PM
Welcome aboard, Mr. Peterson.
ROFL

Lzen
11-12-2004, 04:22 PM
Quetion about Madden. Do they allow you to keep 80 on the roster until the cutdown days in preseason like real life? Or do they make you have the required 55(or whatever it is) all the time? That is one of the areas that has always been lacking in Madden, IMO.

royr17
11-12-2004, 04:22 PM
Funny is im in my 3rd year of my Franchise, people i have let go are, Collins, Huard, Morton, Kennison, Boerigter, Horn, Dunn, Bober, Willis, Hicks, Holliday, Wilkerson, Dalton, Jones, Maz, Barber, Bartee, McCleon, Woods, Pile, Tynes and Cheek.

T-Rich retired on me so my Fullback is Omar Easy (didnt give up on him and is pretty good, Trent and Priest are on the decline so signed them to 1-year deals and my QB and RB next season will Casey Clausen and Larry Johnson unless i draft someone else or pick them up in free agency.

Jordan Black is being groomed as a replacement for Roaf, Lilja is gonna replace Wiegmann.

The Buccanneers cut Michael Clayton so he is a chief now so is David Terrell. Will Allen is a chief and moved Warfield to safety. Billy Cundiff is now my kicker and Derrick Frost is my punter.

Drafted a guy named Andy Lee and is my starting LE and he is fast too speed of 87. :)

And I may trade for Bartee and move him to Safety, so but all and all its been pretty good the most money i ever had in a offseason was 43 million dollars under the cap.

Named Gunther head coach, Al still OC, Mike Singletary named DC, and Gansz still special teams coach.

But the one thing that sucks about the game is the radio show and i think it sucks big time.

Hammock Parties
11-12-2004, 04:23 PM
Quetion about Madden. Do they allow you to keep 80 on the roster until the cutdown days in preseason like real life? Or do they make you have the required 55(or whatever it is) all the time? That is one of the areas that has always been lacking in Madden, IMO.

Maximum 55 throughout the year. No cutdown date.

Saulbadguy
11-12-2004, 04:26 PM
My first few times of simming the 04 season, The Chiefs won the division at 8-8, once lost in the divisional playoffs, the other lost in the AFC championship game.

Demonpenz
11-12-2004, 04:27 PM
i played my 11th season yesterday, larry johnson has to be going to the hall of fame, thanks to the genious that is me, i had him in on TE plays and half the HB plays. He got 1000 rushing and 1000 recieving almost every year. I also have this play where i have 9 DB and 1 fast LB and one great Pass rusher, it gives up some yards, but usually I can get a pick or if the QB decided to run i can get there in time. Anyway this offseaon after winning 2 SB's i decided that in my fantasy world it was time to cut the team. Now i am ususally not good at the training camp thing, but there was a WR with 99 speed and i choose him to do Running back drills. He was awesome and i gained six points. I am grooming a Hall of fame LB too, right now my linebacker K. COX has 2 straight fourteen sack seasons. i

Saulbadguy
11-12-2004, 04:28 PM
BTW, I imported my draft class from NCAA 2004 on my first year, and I ended up with this:

1. Braylon Edwards
2. Marlin Jackson
3. Darren Sproles
4. Dusty Dvoracek
5. That godly punter from BYU
6. Some kicker
7. can't remember.

royr17
11-12-2004, 04:32 PM
Why did i just have a feeling that you would draft sproles saul ?

Saulbadguy
11-12-2004, 04:33 PM
Why did i just have a feeling that you would draft sproles saul ?
:D

Traded Blaylock away...

royr17
11-12-2004, 04:35 PM
So you starting Sproles saul ?

Bearcat
11-12-2004, 04:37 PM

-EB-

The matchup stick itself is a cool idea, but like he said, I'm not sure it makes a difference.

The atmosphere in '05 is great..... and going back to '04 made me realize how good it is in '05. I really miss it.

The agile running is great.

What I don't miss:

Lack of a passing game. 04's is challenging, but not impossible. I never even got decent at it in '05, no matter the teams or the sliders.

WAY too many dropped passes. It was fine in '04, but this was another thing they messed up in their defensive quest. Wide open receivers don't drop 50%+ of the passes that are perfectly thrown to them.... and if the receiver doesn't drop it, it's because it was either tipped or not close to him.

Tipped passes :cuss: ...almost every tipped pass (I'm talking 80-90%) is tipped UP. Dumbest thing EVER. If they had just perfected the collision engine from '04, it would have been fine. Now, in '05, if a ball is touched, it gets popped up. I've even seen the ball get batted numerous times between a group of huddled-up players... I've seen the ball get tipped up literally 5-10 times in one play. Didn't happen very often, but it's evidence that they changed it so there would be more picks. Again, dumbest idea ever.

The whole game just isn't realistic.... with KU, I had a great defense and no offense... with FLORIDA I had a great defense, and no offense.... no matter the sliders or the opponent. I played the game for a couple of months to see if I'd get better, and I came to the conclusion that '05 is a huge step backwards from '04.

I've gone back to '04, and am in a great, very realistic franchise.

NCAA '06 should be '04 with '05's graphics/animations, atmosphere, agile running, crowd animations, matchup stick, and discipline features (although they should be toned down). LEAVE THE GAMEPLAY & AI ALONE!!! :cuss:

Saulbadguy
11-12-2004, 04:38 PM
So you starting Sproles saul ?
Nope..he is the 3rd stringer still. He's still a rookie. Right now he is just riding the bench. I eventually plan to start him though, if LJ doesn't work out.

Demonpenz
11-12-2004, 04:38 PM
I wish there was a high school video game.

I put myself as a saragusa type of player and played through college (always in trouble) and through 5 seasons in madden, finally the coke and painkillers I retired myself, only to die 2 years later. Everyone on the chiefs wore a sticker on their helmet to remember their fallen coke addict friend

htismaqe
11-12-2004, 04:40 PM
BTW, my 4th-round WR out of Bucknell is a real gem.

I drafted him because he evaluated out as a decent kick returner at 6'3", 194 lbs. That should mean he's fairly fast, right?

Well, he's got 4.25 speed! All I need to do is work on his hands...

royr17
11-12-2004, 04:40 PM
Oh did i also mention i traded away Mitchell, Scanlon is my starting MLB and signed Saleem Rasheed ...

royr17
11-12-2004, 04:41 PM
So what is sproles ratings ?

Demonpenz
11-12-2004, 04:41 PM
i don't understand why they don't make the grafix better in ncaa 2005. The Defence in the game is retarded. I like to play a 3-4, but it seems no matter what i pick it doesn't really matter, the game makes the decision wiether a play is going to work. Further evidence ncaa 05 sucks is i put a CB at middle linebacker and he gets like 4 sacks a game

Saulbadguy
11-12-2004, 04:42 PM
So what is sproles ratings ?
77 OVR rookie year.

royr17
11-12-2004, 04:43 PM
Oh yea im playing madden right now and just knocked out Brees and in comes Rivers, but i may wanna create sproles saul and put him on my team so you think you maybe could give me his ratings ?

Saulbadguy
11-12-2004, 04:44 PM
Oh yea im playing madden right now and just knocked out Brees and in comes Rivers, but i may wanna create sproles saul and put him on my team so you think you maybe could give me his ratings ?
Just create a 5'6 185 lb'er, #43, and jack up all his ratings to 99. :)

I'm not at home right now, otherwise I would.

htismaqe
11-12-2004, 04:44 PM
Good thing it's a game...I'd be PISSED if that was the REAL season. :banghead:

:cuss:

Um, we'd have to go better than 4-4 the rest of the way for that NOT to be our REAL season.

Rausch
11-12-2004, 04:46 PM
Oddly enough I played the Saints in the super bowl last night and went into overtime after I came back to tie it up at 28 all...

Then won in OT with a field goal after Kawika intercepted Brooks.

htismaqe
11-12-2004, 04:47 PM
Oh did i also mention i traded away Mitchell, Scanlon is my starting MLB and signed Saleem Rasheed ...

Mitchell is progressing for me at an alarming rate.

Gained 6 points in the 2004 preseason...I had Beisel at starter for that whole season (for simulation purposes) and then moved Mitchell to starter at the beginning of my 2nd season (the one I'm actually playing). He's now 84 overall, gaining 14 points since the beginning of the 2004 TC.

Another guy really progressing is Keyaron Fox.

Saulbadguy
11-12-2004, 04:48 PM
Bartee also plays surprisingly well in my madden seasons...

royr17
11-12-2004, 04:49 PM
Ok Saul do you think you could when you get home ? i mean im just on week 2 on my 3rd year so i wont need them until probably a few days, i play madden quite a bit though, but if you could get those to me that would be great ... Thanks

Rausch
11-12-2004, 04:49 PM
Another guy really progressing is Keyaron Fox.

After season 2 the guy is a 90 overall on my game. Awesome. And Jr is leading the team in sacks (though he only had 5 for the season :( )

tk13
11-12-2004, 04:50 PM
Bartee also plays surprisingly well in my madden seasons...
Yeah he's always played real well for me... his ratings aren't spectacular, but he plays better than his ratings, he's never made the Pro Bowl but he's been among the leaders in voting before...

Saulbadguy
11-12-2004, 04:51 PM
Yeah he's always played real well for me... his ratings aren't spectacular, but he plays better than his ratings, he's never made the Pro Bowl but he's gotten votes before...
I play the dime quite abit so all secondary gets alot of picks...Warfield usually always makes the pro bowl.

Bearcat2005
11-12-2004, 04:53 PM

When I start my first season I love to build up a team from scratch with young players so for awhile the radio will tell me to spend cap room since I have so much.

royr17
11-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Oh yea and by the way saul im curious but did Demarcus Faggins go to K-State ?

Saulbadguy
11-12-2004, 04:59 PM
Oh yea and by the way saul im curious but did Demarcus Faggins go to K-State ?
Yes. Graduated in 02 IIRC.

Bearcat
11-12-2004, 05:00 PM
Before '04, once I got used to a game, I didn't lose. It was just a matter of getting to the top spot. It never took long to get Kansas a NC. In '04, I had to work a lot harder for it, and even when I started to get better players, there would still be a game or two a season where I just didn't have it.... I had one dynasty at South Carolina, where I was really good after one mediocre season, but I didn't get a NC until my 5th season. Before, I'd ALWAYS get one before my first contract was up (within 3 years). In that dynasty, it wasn't nearly as easy to go undefeated as previous games.

The bottom line is that '04 drew a line between the bad teams, the good teams, and the great teams.... most importantly, between the good and the great. You couldn't just go and beat the #1 ranked team in the nation.

I think '05 took a step back... All the teams seemed to be the same. I couldn't pass against any team, but I could run for 250 yards against every team. There was no seperation between the teams.. it was like I was playing the same team every week.

royr17
11-12-2004, 05:01 PM
Was he any good, cause i have him on my game now on the chiefs, i guess you could sorta call that a home coming couldnt you ...

Saulbadguy
11-12-2004, 05:02 PM
Was he any good, cause i have him on my game now on the chiefs, i guess you could sorta call that a home coming couldnt you ...
He was good at KSU..he is doing "OK" I guess now with the Texans. He had an INT return for a Td a few weeks ago.

Mr. Kotter
11-12-2004, 05:16 PM
Um, we'd have to go better than 4-4 the rest of the way for that NOT to be our REAL season.

Psssst.....I was being facetious.

royr17
11-12-2004, 05:20 PM
I have him on my team and i think he's pretty good and i have him as my nickle corner on my team ...

Hammock Parties
11-12-2004, 09:20 PM
Payback's a bitch.

http://img115.exs.cx/img115/7289/mcpasson3.jpg

ChiefsFire
11-12-2004, 10:03 PM
Payback's a bitch.

http://img115.exs.cx/img115/7289/mcpasson3.jpg

wow that never happens to McNugget LOL

royr17
11-13-2004, 12:43 AM
whos that WR that you just posted a pic of by the way gochiefs ?

HolmeZz
11-13-2004, 12:47 AM
Probably a rookie drafted in the game.

htismaqe
11-13-2004, 06:52 AM
I'm finally getting around to playing the games. I made sure and scheduled Chicago as my first preseason game -- rookie DeAndre Samuels' first game in the NFL will be against Priest Holmes. How fitting.

FYI, for those of you who are frustrated with winning the Super Bowl year after year. The reason I'm just now starting a franchise is because I'm a slider buff. This is the current set I'm using -- VERY tough, much tougher than playing on default All-Madden, but without the CPU AI cheese/cheating...

All-Pro difficulty
11 min. quarters
accelerated clock on
sub in/out -- 80/85
all penalties maxed
all assists off

Hum/CPU

QBA -- 4/4
PBK -- 10/7
WRC -- 11/11
RBA -- 9/16
RBK -- 13/20

AWR -- 7/17
KDN -- 3/3
INT -- 5/5
BRK -- 1/15
TKL -- 0/1

FGL -- 13/15
FGA -- 1/1
PTL -- 12/20
PTA -- 8/10
KOL -- 10/11

ROYC75
11-13-2004, 01:33 PM
bump

Hammock Parties
11-13-2004, 02:02 PM
I just lost Tony Gonzalez for the season in the first quarter of my playoff game.

Shitty.

Injuries aren't very realistic but it helps if you hire the worst training staff. :D

Coach
11-14-2004, 05:29 PM
My brother plays this game, and after a 8-8 in 2004, he basically drafted alot of defensive players, mostly players who can run and accelerate well. IIRC, he selected 1 DE, 2 LB's, 3 DB's, and 1 WR.

Basically, he is building the team by pure speed and acceleration. Some DB's have a 90 or higher speed, especially his safties.

blsilks
11-14-2004, 05:34 PM
What you should do is trade your whole offensive line for a bunch of 1st and 2nd round picks, drop the whole defense and pick up free agent rookies, and trade Priest Holmes for TO.

htismaqe
11-14-2004, 07:01 PM
My brother plays this game, and after a 8-8 in 2004, he basically drafted alot of defensive players, mostly players who can run and accelerate well. IIRC, he selected 1 DE, 2 LB's, 3 DB's, and 1 WR.

Basically, he is building the team by pure speed and acceleration. Some DB's have a 90 or higher speed, especially his safties.

My kid reset the XBox while I was saving and I lost my latest save. I had to do the draft again.

With my picks (11th in every round) and the picks I got for trading Holmes, I got a HB (97 SPD), a RG, a LT, a RT, a FS, a DE, and CB that are all mid-to-high 70's OVR.

Hammock Parties
11-14-2004, 07:03 PM
My kid reset the XBox while I was saving and I lost my latest save. I had to do the draft again.

With my picks (11th in every round) and the picks I got for trading Holmes, I got a HB (97 SPD), a RG, a LT, a RT, a FS, a DE, and CB that are all mid-to-high 70's OVR.

How is your D shaping up?

I've retooled 3/4 of my secondary.

htismaqe
11-14-2004, 07:23 PM
How is your D shaping up?

I've retooled 3/4 of my secondary.

I have rookies starting at FS and nickel CB. Bartee, Warfield, and Wesley round out the backfield. At LB, I have Key Fox, Fujita, and Mitchell. My line is Jared Allen, Siavii, Sims, and Michael Haynes.

They aren't very good, but they're young and gaining experience with every game. Some of them have very good upside development -- Mitchell started at 70 and is now 78. Fox started at 68 and is now 78.

I'll post a depth chart later when I have a chance to write it down. Even though I lost my latest save, I was able to start with my 2nd oldest save, which was during "Owner's Mode" so all I really lost was my offseason changes. That wasn't hard to duplicate. About the only difference is that I also cut TRich this time around because he was holding out for more money.

htismaqe
11-14-2004, 08:13 PM
Here's my new (post crash) draft list...

Round-Pick
1-4 HB Colorado (the crash turned out to be a blessing in disguise -- this guy is a 6'1" 217-pounder with 97 speed)
1-11 RG Arizona
1-14 CB McNeese St
2-43 LT Southern Miss
3-75 FS Tennessee
4-99 DT San Diego State
4-107 LG Delaware (could be the steal of the draft -- was a projected 1st-rounder but dropped because of potential injury concerns)
5-139 LOLB Colorado State
6-171 RDE Oregon
7-203 RDE BYU

I draft for 2 things -- size and speed. Everything else can be developed, IMO.

Here's my preseason depth chart:

QB: Mike McMahon (FA), Charlie Batch (FA), Albert Branch (R)
HB: DeAndre Samuels (R), Derrick Blaylock, Larry Johnson
FB: Charles Stackhouse (FA), Omar Easy
WR: Eddie Kennison, Dante Hall, Aaron Moorehead (FA), Sammie Parker, Marc Boerigter, Maurice Mann (FA)
TE: Tony Gonzales, Jason Dunn, Kris Wilson
LT: Willie Roaf, Jason Thomas (R), Scott Tercero (FA)
LG: Brian Waters, Jordan Black, Isaac Peete (R)
C: Casey Wiegmann, Chris Bober
RG: Will Shields, Chris Swift (R)
RT: John Welbourn

LDE: Michael Haynes (trade), Jimmy Wilkerson
RDE: Jared Allen, Dontrelle James (R), Marquez Hill (R)
DT: Ryan Sims, Junior Siavii, Lional Dalton, Sam Rayburn (FA), Brian Hixon (R)
LOLB: Scott Fujita, Nate Carey (R)
MLB: Kawika Mitchell, Monty Beisel
ROLB: Keyaron Fox, Quenton Caver
CB: William Bartee, Eric Warfield, Lorenzo Holden (R), Julian Battle, Benny Sapp
FS: Jamal Jones (R), Willie Pile
SS: Greg Wesley, Shaunard Harts

David.
11-14-2004, 08:25 PM
I draft for 2 things -- size and speed. Everything else can be developed, IMO.

pft, you can edit size

htismaqe
11-15-2004, 06:31 AM
pft, you can edit size

That would be cheating. ;)

htismaqe
11-15-2004, 11:04 AM
I'm moving this thread to the Games forum so we can keep it open...anybody that plays Madden, feel free to post Franchise updates...

Hell, anybody that plays NCAA, feel free to post Dynasty updates...

David.
11-15-2004, 11:15 AM
I'm in my 18 year as a bungle. I had to turn the franchise around :)

htismaqe
11-15-2004, 01:33 PM
I'm in my 18 year as a bungle. I had to turn the franchise around :)

Year 18, WOW...how many Super Bowls have you won?

Thig Lyfe
11-15-2004, 03:47 PM
I never simulate and I don't hardly have time any more, but I'm about halfway through my third season as the Chiefs. I went 15-1 (all of these on All-Pro level) and won the Super Bowl over the Eagles. Priest Holmes won MVP. In the offseason, I drafted a kicker with the 32nd pick, Mike Nugent out of Ohio State. Stop laughing. 2nd round I drafted Fred Gibson, a WR out of Georgia. He ended up with some killer stats and Offensive Rookie of the year.

Then the second season I started 2-3, but then ended up 12-4 I think and still got a bye. I won another Super Bowl over the Eagles. In the offseason I traded 93 OVR Jerome Woods (because Shaunard Harts had developed to 91 OVR) and 88 OVR Quincy Carter to the lions for the 5th overall pick and a backup FS that I'd later drop. With that 5th overall pick I drafted Reggie McNeal out of A&M. He's awesome. This was a strong draft class, in which I also drafted DeAngelo Williams out of memphis in the third round, Pat Watkins, a FS out of FSU in the 4th, and Roscoe Parrish, a WR out of Miami in the 5th. The latter two are both producing significantly.

Madden Rocks.

Saulbadguy
11-15-2004, 04:04 PM
Started a new NCAA Dynasty and Madden Franchise a few weeks ago to make me think "oh what could have been..."

In my NCAA Dynasty I went 11-1 (Only loss coming to Missouri..bah, they seriously overrated Brad Smith in this game), and a win vs Auburn in the Cotton Bowl. The entire season I used 3rd string QB Nick Patton (who did not academically qualify for KSU this year, but he is still on the game). He could not pass worth shit, but he ran the option beautifully. Amassed about 800 yards on the ground rushing, and his running opened up the ground game for Darren Sproles, who rushed for 1800 yards, 22 TD's, and a Heisman Trophy. :) Nick Patton passed for about 750 yards, 8 TD's, 8 INTs.

On to the next year, I knew I would struggle this year with a "new" RB Thomas Clayton, who NCAA 2005 put as a JUNIOR when in reality he was a sophmore, so now he is a senior. He is OK, OVR 89, speed 91..so I run the option a bunch, but i'm trying to open up the passing game more with my talented young WR Corps. I had to schedule some cupcakes early on to grasp the offense better (1-AA East and West..stuck to Snyders formula..), but so far so good. Overall we have gained about 900 yards of offense in the first 2 games, so we are ready to roll in to Huntington, WV for the REVENGE game vs Marshall...:)

Madden wise..I'm 11-0, and with one more win i'll clinch the AFC West. I'm totally rewriting the record books with Priest Holmes and Trent Green. Priest is going to break the single season rushing mark, and Trent will come close to breaking the passing record mark. I'm averaging about 56 points a game, on All-Pro. Madden just makes it TOO easy to fling the ball around. I might bump it up to Madden mode next season.

Thig Lyfe
11-15-2004, 04:07 PM
Same thing happened to me with KSU. Except I lost to Texas in the Big 12 Champ game and beat South Carolina handily in the Cotton Bowl. And Darren Sproles won the Heisman.

After two years of that I went to USC and I think I'm in my 3rd year with USC. So 5 years total. Keep in mind that I never simulate a single game.

Saulbadguy
11-15-2004, 04:14 PM
Same thing happened to me with KSU. Except I lost to Texas in the Big 12 Champ game and beat South Carolina handily in the Cotton Bowl. And Darren Sproles won the Heisman.

After two years of that I went to USC and I think I'm in my 3rd year with USC. So 5 years total. Keep in mind that I never simulate a single game.
Last year in the offseason I was bored so I started out a 65 year dynasty. I simulated most of the games..mind you, but it was fun.

I started out with Kansas. They were a pretty poor team in 2004 to play with, but in my 3rd year I had them competing for the national title game, and in the 4th year I won it all. Then I won it 3 years in a row after that, all simulating of course.

Then... I went to their rival, Kansas State. Took me a year to get them back on track, and then took them to 10 straight NC's.

After that I got bored..so I decided I went to:

Florida State: Fun to recruit here...lots of talent. Hard to recruit in Kansas...won 3 conference titles, 2 National championships
Indiana: Piss poor team, took awhile..but got them conference titles/ national titles.
UCLA: same as above
South carolina: Same as above
TCU: They were decent, but I made them better of course. Texas is another great state to recruit in.
West Virginia: Easy.

After that I went to KSU again, and broke all the coaching records for most years coached, most games won, longest win streak etc etc etc...

Keep in mind this was pretty much ALL simulated. I wanted to try and get as many Conference Trophies as I could, but eventually the case got full.

htismaqe
11-15-2004, 05:06 PM
I never simulate and I don't hardly have time any more, but I'm about halfway through my third season as the Chiefs. I went 15-1 (all of these on All-Pro level) and won the Super Bowl over the Eagles. Priest Holmes won MVP. In the offseason, I drafted a kicker with the 32nd pick, Mike Nugent out of Ohio State. Stop laughing. 2nd round I drafted Fred Gibson, a WR out of Georgia. He ended up with some killer stats and Offensive Rookie of the year.

Then the second season I started 2-3, but then ended up 12-4 I think and still got a bye. I won another Super Bowl over the Eagles. In the offseason I traded 93 OVR Jerome Woods (because Shaunard Harts had developed to 91 OVR) and 88 OVR Quincy Carter to the lions for the 5th overall pick and a backup FS that I'd later drop. With that 5th overall pick I drafted Reggie McNeal out of A&M. He's awesome. This was a strong draft class, in which I also drafted DeAngelo Williams out of memphis in the third round, Pat Watkins, a FS out of FSU in the 4th, and Roscoe Parrish, a WR out of Miami in the 5th. The latter two are both producing significantly.

Madden Rocks.

Dude, you need to try my sliders I posted earlier in this thread. Sounds like you need more of a challenge.

It will make the thrill of winning it all that much more rewarding. I'm about .500 with the Chiefs in testing these sliders. It plays alot like real football -- I gain a bunch of yards but I give up a bunch of yards.

htismaqe
11-15-2004, 05:07 PM
Madden wise..I'm 11-0, and with one more win i'll clinch the AFC West. I'm totally rewriting the record books with Priest Holmes and Trent Green. Priest is going to break the single season rushing mark, and Trent will come close to breaking the passing record mark. I'm averaging about 56 points a game, on All-Pro. Madden just makes it TOO easy to fling the ball around. I might bump it up to Madden mode next season.

All-Madden is seriously flawed in many ways.

But my sliders make the All-Pro AI as hard as All-Madden (probably harder) without the cheese. Try them.

Thig Lyfe
11-15-2004, 05:11 PM
Dude, you need to try my sliders I posted earlier in this thread. Sounds like you need more of a challenge.

It will make the thrill of winning it all that much more rewarding. I'm about .500 with the Chiefs in testing these sliders. It plays alot like real football -- I gain a bunch of yards but I give up a bunch of yards.

But it was a hard-earned 15-1!

It's a lot better than going 16-0 every season like in 04.

It's an interesting paradox, Franchise mode is: you want to win, but if you win all the time it gets boring and if you lose you feel like you've sorta wasted an hour of your life.

Unless the games are almost always close, which they are for me.

htismaqe
11-15-2004, 07:57 PM
But it was a hard-earned 15-1!

It's a lot better than going 16-0 every season like in 04.

It's an interesting paradox, Franchise mode is: you want to win, but if you win all the time it gets boring and if you lose you feel like you've sorta wasted an hour of your life.

Unless the games are almost always close, which they are for me.

In testing and creating sliders for both All-Pro and All-Madden, I played over 100 games and simmed over 100 more. I worked with 2 other people at Maddenplanet to develop them.

With those All-Pro sliders I posted, I played 2 seasons as the final test. The first, with the Ravens, I finished I was 8-5 when I quit. As the Bengals, I finished 5-11.

The biggest problem with All-Pro is the lack of a CPU running game, which my sliders pretty much fix. As the Chiefs (with the default rosters) I routinely gave up big rushing games, including a 200-yard effort by Quentin Griffin.

The Bad Guy
11-16-2004, 11:58 AM
Parker,

Can you PM me your sliders?

The search function is disabled..

shakesthecat
11-16-2004, 12:15 PM
Here ya go, TBG
I'm gonna try them out myself.

FYI, for those of you who are frustrated with winning the Super Bowl year after year. The reason I'm just now starting a franchise is because I'm a slider buff. This is the current set I'm using -- VERY tough, much tougher than playing on default All-Madden, but without the CPU AI cheese/cheating...

All-Pro difficulty
11 min. quarters
accelerated clock on
sub in/out -- 80/85
all penalties maxed
all assists off

Hum/CPU

QBA -- 4/4
PBK -- 10/7
WRC -- 11/11
RBA -- 9/16
RBK -- 13/20

AWR -- 7/17
KDN -- 3/3
INT -- 5/5
BRK -- 1/15
TKL -- 0/1

FGL -- 13/15
FGA -- 1/1
PTL -- 12/20
PTA -- 8/10
KOL -- 10/11

htismaqe
11-16-2004, 01:07 PM
If you guys need any help with sliders at all, just PM me.

Ask Psicosis about my work on sliders for NCAA and Madden over at the site formerly known as NCAA Heaven...

Saulbadguy
11-16-2004, 01:24 PM
Interesting..i havent played with my Madden sliders at all.

NCAA on the other hand, when I set it to All-American, it is HARD to run the ball. My O-line would constantly be pushed back, and the opponents d-line would always collapse the play. Had to adjust that. Also, WR's would constantly drop balls. Had to adjust that.

Defensively though, it was way too easy. On default settings, I could average -20 yards a game rushing vs an opponent, and about 120 yards passing..usually on a couple of big plays. They made the game by default, way too defensive. Madden is the complete opposite...way too offensive.

htismaqe
11-16-2004, 01:40 PM
Interesting..i havent played with my Madden sliders at all.

NCAA on the other hand, when I set it to All-American, it is HARD to run the ball. My O-line would constantly be pushed back, and the opponents d-line would always collapse the play. Had to adjust that. Also, WR's would constantly drop balls. Had to adjust that.

Defensively though, it was way too easy. On default settings, I could average -20 yards a game rushing vs an opponent, and about 120 yards passing..usually on a couple of big plays. They made the game by default, way too defensive. Madden is the complete opposite...way too offensive.

Yeah, I've never used default settings. I played NCAA 2004 on Heisman.

Saulbadguy
11-16-2004, 01:46 PM
There are other things that you can take advantage of in NCAA 2005...make one of your speedier halfbacks a Linebacker and blitz him to the side every down...even on Heisman, you are guaranteed about 8-9 sacks a game.

htismaqe
11-16-2004, 01:53 PM
There are other things that you can take advantage of in NCAA 2005...make one of your speedier halfbacks a Linebacker and blitz him to the side every down...even on Heisman, you are guaranteed about 8-9 sacks a game.

That's just simple willpower. You either take advantage of the cheese or you don't.

I mean, last year it was possible for a 1-star team to get the top recruiting class in the nation if you new the right tricks...that's why I used OSUMike's recruiting "house rules"...

In a lot of ways, getting realism is as much about the self-control that it takes to avoid CHEATING as it is about tweaking sliders...

Saulbadguy
11-16-2004, 01:55 PM
That's just simple willpower. You either take advantage of the cheese or you don't.

I mean, last year it was possible for a 1-star team to get the top recruiting class in the nation if you new the right tricks...that's why I used OSUMike's recruiting "house rules"...

In a lot of ways, getting realism is as much about the self-control that it takes to avoid CHEATING as it is about tweaking sliders...
Yup.

You'd think they'd fix these things, though. :)

htismaqe
11-16-2004, 02:44 PM
Yup.

You'd think they'd fix these things, though. :)

I'm not a big fanboy...I think ESPN is a great game too...I'm just a franchise nut and for that, Madden is much better.

I don't buy into the idea that every time they fix something, something else gets broke. To me, every iteration of Madden or NCAA is slightly better than the last. Next year's will be no exception. I just wonder how much ESPN will improve. If they fix the draft, I will be switching...

Saulbadguy
11-16-2004, 03:11 PM
I'm not a big fanboy...I think ESPN is a great game too...I'm just a franchise nut and for that, Madden is much better.

I don't buy into the idea that every time they fix something, something else gets broke. To me, every iteration of Madden or NCAA is slightly better than the last. Next year's will be no exception. I just wonder how much ESPN will improve. If they fix the draft, I will be switching...
Definately..sometimes I think to myself after playing, "How can they make this any better?"

Here is a slight list of grievances I have with NCAA 2005 (and correct me if i'm stupid and am doing something wrong..)

They need different packages with each formation, like Madden has. I'd like to quick sub my 2nd string HB in with the press of a button, instead of setting the depth chart manually. Something to that effect, at least.

They need to continue to work on the stadiums, how they look, and more importantly, how they feel. This may be asking much, but every stadium has its own "traditions". They are working on this, but they need to keep working at it.

They need to tweak their "BCS"...there have been teams getting in to the National title game that have NO business being there.

Thig Lyfe
11-16-2004, 03:28 PM

Exactly. I used to cheat all the time. I'd use the trick with the Create-A-Player where you make somebody 99 OVR, trade them for a 1st round pick, and then make the Create-A-Player a lot worse. I just didn't like losing ever.

I'm recovered now.

htismaqe
11-16-2004, 04:58 PM
Definately..sometimes I think to myself after playing, "How can they make this any better?"

Here is a slight list of grievances I have with NCAA 2005 (and correct me if i'm stupid and am doing something wrong..)

They need different packages with each formation, like Madden has. I'd like to quick sub my 2nd string HB in with the press of a button, instead of setting the depth chart manually. Something to that effect, at least.

They need to continue to work on the stadiums, how they look, and more importantly, how they feel. This may be asking much, but every stadium has its own "traditions". They are working on this, but they need to keep working at it.

They need to tweak their "BCS"...there have been teams getting in to the National title game that have NO business being there.

I can't speak on NCAA 2005 since I didn't buy it.

I am absolutely HOOKED on the sub packages in Madden. So much so that I've set my auto-sub percentages at 50 out and 75 in. In fact, I'm thinking about turning auto-sub OFF altogether.

I use packages exclusively for resting players. I also use sub packages to put Kris Wilson in at FB and other such things.

David.
11-16-2004, 11:57 PM
Yeah, I play on all-madden with the sliders even tougher than what htis posted. I still can't be stopped. It sucks :-\. I don't use cheese either, I'm just ridiculously good with a middle linebacker. Most people can't score on me :shrug: Even online, I'd be undefeated if it weren't for my xbox freezing mid game. All the games I'm disconnected at have me up. I don't use cheese either. I donno, I guess I've just played the game so much I know what works.

Thig Lyfe
11-17-2004, 06:29 AM
Yeah, I play on all-madden with the sliders even tougher than what htis posted. I still can't be stopped. It sucks :-\.I don't use cheese either, I'm just ridiculously good with a middle linebacker. Most people can't score on me :shrug: Even online, I'd be undefeated if it weren't for my xbox freezing mid game. All the games I'm disconnected at have me up. I don't use cheese either. I donno, I guess I've just played the game so much I know what works.

Are you sure you don't use cheese?

Rain Man
11-17-2004, 09:51 AM

I've never understood the whole cheating thing. Why do it? It wouldn't make me feel good to win if I had the system rigged so that anyone could win.

htismaqe
11-17-2004, 11:56 AM
I've never understood the whole cheating thing. Why do it? It wouldn't make me feel good to win if I had the system rigged so that anyone could win.

It's the surest way to ensure that a game gets boring way too fast.

The goal of most linear platform/adventure games is the "beat" the game.

Since Madden is a football simulation, it's a little more open-ended, but in the end, the goal is to win the Super Bowl. If you win it over and over again, you just ensure the game gets boring.

In NCAA 2003/2004, I started with a 1-star team (Utah State, Idaho, Louisiana Lafayette, and San Jose State to be exact) and went through 4 or 5 seasons of building them up, struggling through poor recruiting and the occasional 1-win season. The goal was NEVER to win a NC, which to me simply isn't realistic. It was to build up my coaching prestige so that I could get a job offer from a bigger school.

The longest, most satisfying dynasty I played in 2004 was 11 seasons (4 with Utah State, 7 with the University of Iowa). I won 1 Sun Belt title, 2 Big 10 titles, and ZERO national championships...

shakesthecat
11-17-2004, 12:31 PM
After years, no, decades of frustration, I finally won another SB last night.

I'm in 2008 of my 4th franchise of Madden 2k5, and had not won a SB since 2029 of Franchise 1.

It took every ounce of self control I had to not go out and riot.

Hammock Parties
11-17-2004, 12:43 PM
Here's how my 2005 franchise has gone so far:

Year 1: Vermeil, lost in AFC Championship, 34-21 to Titans.
Year 2: Vermeil, won SB. 31-17 over Seahawks.
Year 3: Gunther, lost in AFC Championship, 32-29 to Colts. Manning engineered a 2-minute drill to win the game, and I threw an interception on the last play of the game after getting into FG range. :banghead:
Year 4: Beginning.

htismaqe
11-17-2004, 01:56 PM
I won't be able to play again until the weekend... :banghead:

Upcoming, the preseason debut of QB Mike McMahon, #3 pick HB DeAndre Samuels, and the re-vamped Chiefs defense versus the Chicago Bears and Priest Holmes...

Lzen
11-17-2004, 02:02 PM
Parker, I think I will try your settings when I get Madden. In the meanwhile, do you know where I can get some good settings for NCAA 05? Ones that have been thoroughly researched like you and your friends did with Madden.

htismaqe
11-17-2004, 02:13 PM
Parker, I think I will try your settings when I get Madden. In the meanwhile, do you know where I can get some good settings for NCAA 05? Ones that have been thoroughly researched like you and your friends did with Madden.

Give these a try...

8min quarters on AA
Offense (H/CPU)
9/16
10/10
20/20
11/17
6/20

Defense (H/CPU)
0/7
10/10
10/10
12/10
9/10

SpecTeams (H/CPU)
10/10
2/0
10/10
10/10
10/10

penalty (in order top to bottom)
max
max
max
max
max
max
max

Lzen
11-17-2004, 04:11 PM
So where did you get those settings? I know you said you didn't have NCAA 05 yet. One thing that I find really annoying in 05 is that the CPU teams can't kick/punt worth a crap. Heh, now that I think about it, I actually had to raise the human kicking as well. With a good kick I couldn't even hit 40 yard FGs. :shake:

Saulbadguy
11-17-2004, 04:44 PM
So where did you get those settings? I know you said you didn't have NCAA 05 yet. One thing that I find really annoying in 05 is that the CPU teams can't kick/punt worth a crap. Heh, now that I think about it, I actually had to raise the human kicking as well. With a good kick I couldn't even hit 40 yard FGs. :shake:
Settings> AI

htismaqe
11-17-2004, 04:46 PM

It's the same way in Madden. By default, punters average about 30 yards...combine that with a glitch in punt blocking (where gunners run THROUGH the punt blockers) and it results in ZERO punt returns...I don't mean 3-yard returns either...I mean you fair catch on EVERY punt or risk a fumble.

Those settings came from AustinWolv, who is a moderator over there -- great guy and solid slider tester. His were derived from another respected member named Rack.

Lzen
11-17-2004, 05:29 PM
Yeah, punt and kick returns are very tough in NCAA 05, too.

Hammock Parties
11-17-2004, 05:50 PM
It's the same way in Madden. By default, punters average about 30 yards...combine that with a glitch in punt blocking (where gunners run THROUGH the punt blockers) and it results in ZERO punt returns...I don't mean 3-yard returns either...I mean you fair catch on EVERY punt or risk a fumble.

If you tweak the sliders you can get the punters to outkick their coverage and get some returns off that. Overall the blocking on punt returns is piss poor, though. I think I'm averaging 9 or 10 yards with Dante Hall.

Lzen
11-17-2004, 06:40 PM
Well, I used all those settings that you provided, Parker. I was already finishing up my 3rd season as the Jayhawks. My team is a pretty decent team but it's no dominant powerhouse or anything. I'm ahead of Texas A&M in the Big 12 Championship game 20-6 at halftime. Should've been Texas but they couldn't beat A&M in the regular season. :LOL: Speaking of that, there's another thing I don't like about NCAA. For example, Oklahoma is struggling just to make a bowl game. WTH?

Lzen
11-17-2004, 07:44 PM
Ok, well TAM made some adjustments and played much better in the 2nd half. Final score KU 27 TAM 22. I did miss a couple FGs, though. This ought to be much more challenging next season. Now for the National Championship game. :)

Saulbadguy
11-17-2004, 08:37 PM
I bumped up the AI for everything for KSU's 2008 season. I've had a hell of a recruiting class the past few years, and we won our first National Title last year in 2007. Right now im on All American with the AI things you've adjusted, except I didnt mess with the penalties.

First game..KSU vs 1AAEast 77-0
Second game KSU vs Memphis 69-7

I've got a hell of a wide receiver though that has been my entire offense...he has had 560 yards receiving so far. Other than that, its been somewhat challenging, but I haven't been playing any good teams yet. Memphis was challenging at first, but I pulled away. I'm looking forward to my next game, vs Ball State..which should be another offensive show.

Lzen
11-17-2004, 08:40 PM
Oh man, Psicosis is gonna be pissed at you. :D

Saulbadguy
11-17-2004, 08:42 PM
Oh man, Psicosis is gonna be pissed at you. :D
I don't know what happened to Memphis. They had a good 04 season on my game, but after that they sort of collapsed.

Saulbadguy
11-17-2004, 10:31 PM
Well, Ball State gave me a bit of a challenge. They played some tight defense, and I couldn't get much done against it. Many 3 and outs...but eventually they made some mistakes on offense and I capitalized off turnovers.
It was a very windy game (30 mph) and that had alot to do with it.

KSU 38 Ball State 13

Next up, Miami (OH).

htismaqe
11-18-2004, 08:36 AM
I want to see what kind of challenge you get when you start facing some better teams. So far, the blowouts look realistic -- you are playing pretty bad teams...

Lzen
11-18-2004, 08:43 AM
I think perhaps we should start a separate NCAA thread. BTW, I just got Madden in the mail. I played one game last night against my son. He was the Eagles and I was the Chiefs, of course. I won. :) I didn't change any of the default settings yet.

Here are my initial observations:
- It's hard to run, defense just seems to always be keying on Priest.
- The blitzes are faster than in the past, which is a good thing, IMO.
- I still hate the kick meter.

Demonpenz
11-18-2004, 03:28 PM
If you can drop back your dlineman on a punt return you can use him as a lead blocker, not like the AI ever runs a fake

Lzen
11-18-2004, 04:04 PM
If you can drop back your dlineman on a punt return you can use him as a lead blocker, not like the AI ever runs a fake

I used to do that a lot with NCAA 04. Only not with a dlineman because they are too slow. I would use one of the guys on the outside that are blocking the gunner. Heck, the gunner always gets around the 2 guys blocking him anyways.
:shake:

htismaqe
11-18-2004, 09:14 PM
I used to do that a lot with NCAA 04. Only not with a dlineman because they are too slow. I would use one of the guys on the outside that are blocking the gunner. Heck, the gunner always gets around the 2 guys blocking him anyways.
:shake:

I've tried taking one of the outside blockers back to help but I can never get him lined up with a gunner, which means not only are they running free like every other time, but I don't have time to switch to the return man and call a fair catch.

royr17
11-19-2004, 01:24 AM
Yea, for some unknown reason im playing on all-pro level, some sliders someone gave me, and whenever i play a team like the patriots or so i blow them out, in my franchise i have not had a game that i didnt blow out the other team on ... yea and one season the raiders overall is a 83 and i like beat them 73-0 ...

royr17
11-19-2004, 01:26 AM
So is there any possible way someone could give me some better sliders ???

htismaqe
11-19-2004, 08:51 AM
So is there any possible way someone could give me some better sliders ???

this will be the THIRD time I've posted them :D

All-Pro difficulty
11 min. quarters
accelerated clock on
sub in/out -- 80/85
all penalties maxed
all assists off

Hum/CPU

QBA -- 4/4
PBK -- 10/7
WRC -- 11/11
RBA -- 9/16
RBK -- 13/20

AWR -- 7/17
KDN -- 3/3
INT -- 5/5
BRK -- 1/15
TKL -- 0/1

FGL -- 13/15
FGA -- 1/1
PTL -- 12/20
PTA -- 8/10
KOL -- 10/11

htismaqe
11-19-2004, 08:52 AM
Yea, for some unknown reason im playing on all-pro level, some sliders someone gave me, and whenever i play a team like the patriots or so i blow them out, in my franchise i have not had a game that i didnt blow out the other team on ... yea and one season the raiders overall is a 83 and i like beat them 73-0 ...

FYI, that's why your players are progressing out of control...

Lzen
11-19-2004, 09:12 AM

73-0 in an NFL game is nothing close to reality. You should've changed your settings a long time ago. How can you even continue to play when it's so easy for you?

royr17
11-19-2004, 04:34 PM
I know what makes me mad now is that i cant even get my playstation to work at all and it is pissing me off ...

Hammock Parties
11-19-2004, 05:57 PM
I know what makes me mad now is that i cant even get my playstation to work at all and it is pissing me off ...

I think you should whine some more about it.

royr17
11-21-2004, 01:36 AM
Hey gochiefs, wheres my ratings, biatch ?????????

Just kidding man.

royr17
11-21-2004, 02:38 AM
this will be the THIRD time I've posted them :D

All-Pro difficulty
11 min. quarters
accelerated clock on
sub in/out -- 80/85
all penalties maxed
all assists off

Hum/CPU

QBA -- 4/4
PBK -- 10/7
WRC -- 11/11
RBA -- 9/16
RBK -- 13/20

AWR -- 7/17
KDN -- 3/3
INT -- 5/5
BRK -- 1/15
TKL -- 0/1

FGL -- 13/15
FGA -- 1/1
PTL -- 12/20
PTA -- 8/10
KOL -- 10/11

Kinda, confused on how to set these's settings up, is yours on the computer or on PS2, cause i have PS2 and i need some pretty good settings, and see i've tried going over 10 and when i get to 10 im maxed so i cant go over to 16 or 20, so are you on a different platform ?

Hammock Parties
11-21-2004, 02:55 AM
Hey gochiefs, wheres my ratings, biatch ?????????

Just kidding man.

More neg rep, perhaps?

royr17
11-21-2004, 04:07 AM
Gochiefs how can you give people negative rep if they are just kidding, I mean come on think about it, all this negative rep you have been giving me here lately the subject i have typed on i was just kidding, so why give me neg rep, i dont like getting neg rep cause it takes my rep points away ... So quit it.

Hammock Parties
11-21-2004, 04:52 AM
Gochiefs how can you give people negative rep if they are just kidding, I mean come on think about it, all this negative rep you have been giving me here lately the subject i have typed on i was just kidding, so why give me neg rep, i dont like getting neg rep cause it takes my rep points away ... So quit it.

I'm just kidding, Roy.

htismaqe
11-21-2004, 06:54 AM
Kinda, confused on how to set these's settings up, is yours on the computer or on PS2, cause i have PS2 and i need some pretty good settings, and see i've tried going over 10 and when i get to 10 im maxed so i cant go over to 16 or 20, so are you on a different platform ?

I count sliders from far left -- you're starting from center (default). So 1 click from far left for me is +1, whereas you're calling it -9. +20 for me would be +10 for you.

Lzen
11-21-2004, 10:16 AM
Not sure if Roy jr. understood that, Parker. Perhaps I can help explain.

Roy, move your slider all the way to the left and assume that is "0". From there, each time you move a click to the right, it goes up "1". Basically, from the farthest left to the farthest right is 20 clicks. Hope that helps.

royr17
11-21-2004, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the help everybody ...

htismaqe
11-21-2004, 08:54 PM
I'm 6 games into my season now. I'll be posting some game recaps tomorrow. I think I'm gonna be getting NCAA here in a couple of days...

Lzen
11-21-2004, 09:28 PM
I don't know what is the reason but, I'm not really that much into Madden. I'm still having so much fun with NCAA 05. Especially now with those settings. BTW, the settings for Madden you listed here are too difficult, IMO. I don't think they're realistic. I mean, I have had Trent throwing passes way off the mark when there's no pressure and no wind. The Chiefs offensive line doesn't block worth crap and the defensive line never breaks a block. Never. C'mon, it's fun if it's a challenge but not if it's unrealistic. I dunno, maybe I'm just not used to the game yet. And I am only basing this off my first game at Denver.

royr17
11-21-2004, 11:41 PM
In my 6 year of the franchise, simulated the 1st game so i could trade for Dwight Freeney, and play the Cowboys in the next game :

Cowboys vs Chiefs
Game Mode: All Pro
Quarter Length: 12 minute(s)

Cowboys 1st 2nd 3rd 4th OT Total
3 0 6 0 9
Chiefs 1st 2nd 3rd 4th OT Total
7 14 7 16 44

TEAM STATISTICS KC DAL
Total Offense 435 253
First Downs 24 14
Third Down Eff 4-14 (28.6) 2-13 (15.4)
Fourth Down Eff 3-5 (60.0) 1-1 (100.0)
2-Point Conv 0-0 0-0
Redzone Att-TD-FG 7-5-0 5-0-3
Rush Att-Yards 34-160 20-70
Average Per Rush 4.7 3.5
Passing Yards 276 183
Comp-Att-Int 25-46-1 14-39-3
Average Per Pass 6.0 4.7
Sacks 4 1
Defensive Ints 3 1
Punt Return Yards 19 3
Kick Return Yards 94 127
Punts-Average 4-43.2 6-43.3
Fumbles-Lost 0 0
Penalties-Yards 2-10 6-47
Turnovers 1 3
Time Of Possession 27:16 20:44

PLAYER STATISITCS
Pasing
Dallas CMP ATT YDS PCT TD INT
Drew Henson 14 39 212 35.9 0 3

Kansas City CMP ATT YDS PCT TD INT
Phillip Rivers 24 41 274 58.5 3 1
Kliff Kingsbury 1 5 10 20.0 0 0

Rushing
Dallas ATT YDS AVG LONG TD FUM
Jeremy Griffin 18 68 3.8 21 0 0
Marcel Shipp 1 7 7.0 7 0 0
Drew Henson 1 -5 -5.0 0 0 1

Kansas City ATT YDS AVG LONG TD FUM
Derrick Blaylock 27 138 5.1 28 2 0
Darren Sproles 6 24 4.0 13 0 0
Omar Easy 1 -2 -2.0 0 0 0

Receiving
Dallas REC YDS AVG LONG TD
Troy Edwards 7 127 18.1 74 0
Antonio Bryant 2 23 11.5 22 0
Terry Glenn 2 23 11.5 17 0
Jason Whitten 1 22 22.0 22 0
Moran Norris 1 12 12.0 12 0
Derrick Hamilton 1 5 5.0 5 0

Kansas City REC YDS AVG LONG TD
Kris Wilson 5 72 14.4 18 1
Omar Easy 5 36 7.2 18 1
Michael Clayton 4 68 17.0 26 0
Derrick Blaylock 4 31 7.7 20 0
Terrance Wallace 3 35 11.7 13 1
Koren RObinson 2 21 10.5 11 0
Darren Sproles 1 11 11.0 11 0
Dusty Williams 1 10 10.0 10 0

Kicking
Dallas FGA FGM PCT LONG XPA XPM
Lawrence Tynes 3 3 100.0 36 0 0

Kansas City FGA FGM PCT LONG XPA XPM
Billy Cundiff 0 0 0.0 0 6 6

Punting
Dallas PNTS AVG LONG BLOCK IN 20
Matt McBriar 6 43.3 51 0 1

Kansas City PNTS AVG LONG BLOCK IN 20
Derrick Frost 4 43.2 54 0 2

Kick Return
Dallas KR YDS AVG LONG TD
Troy Edwards 5 127 25.4 35 0

Kansas City KR YDS AVG LONG TD
Samie Parker 4 94 23.5 29 0

Punt Return
Dallas PR YDS AVG LONG TD
Troy Edwards 1 3 3.0 3 0

Kansas City PR YDS AVG LONG TD
Samie Parker 4 19 4.7 9 0

Defense
Dallas TAK SCK FF INT
Ifeanyi Ohalete 16 0 0 0
Dat Nguyen 8 0 0 0
Brady Hasty 8 0 0 0
Roy Williams 6 0 0 0
Riddick Moss 5 0 0 0
Terrence Newman 4 0 0 1
Tay Cody 3 0 0 0
Greg Ellis 2 1 0 0
Marcellus Wiley 2 0 0 0
Donte Curry 2 0 0 0
Flozell Adams 1 0 0 0
Barry Gardner 1 0 0 0
Onterrio Paige 1 0 0 0
Larry Moss 1 0 0 0
Terry Glenn 1 0 0 0
Moran Norris 1 0 0 0
Al Singleton 1 0 0 0

Kansas City TAK SCK FF INT
Adrian Wilson 7 0 0 1
Greg Wesley 6 0 0 0
Keyaron Fox 5 1 0 0
Kevin Lee 4 2 0 0
Rich Scanlon 4 0 0 0
Julian Battle 3 1 0 0
Benny Sapp 3 0 0 1
Ryan Sims 2 0 0 0
Kevin Garrett 2 0 0 0
Scott Fujita 2 0 0 0
Mair Gainer 1 0 0 0
Willie Middlebrooks 1 0 0 0
Will Allen 1 0 0 0
Michael Clayton 1 0 0 0
Quinton Caver 1 0 0 0
Anthony Davis 0 0 0 1

royr17
11-21-2004, 11:42 PM
well that didnt turn out too well ...

htismaqe
11-22-2004, 06:20 AM
I don't know what is the reason but, I'm not really that much into Madden. I'm still having so much fun with NCAA 05. Especially now with those settings. BTW, the settings for Madden you listed here are too difficult, IMO. I don't think they're realistic. I mean, I have had Trent throwing passes way off the mark when there's no pressure and no wind. The Chiefs offensive line doesn't block worth crap and the defensive line never breaks a block. Never. C'mon, it's fun if it's a challenge but not if it's unrealistic. I dunno, maybe I'm just not used to the game yet. And I am only basing this off my first game at Denver.

Come on. How did the Denver game in real life play out? EXACTLY.

And about these being too hard, wait until you see my game recaps. I'm flat out disgusted right now.

Lzen
11-22-2004, 08:27 AM
I don't have a problem with losing in Denver. It's the fact that certain aspects of the game were unrealistic. How many points did KC score against Denver? It's not about the loss, it's about how I lost. It was not realistic. A Pro Bowl QB does not throw ducks and the Chiefs O line isn't a sieve.

htismaqe
11-22-2004, 11:32 AM
I don't have a problem with losing in Denver. It's the fact that certain aspects of the game were unrealistic. How many points did KC score against Denver? It's not about the loss, it's about how I lost. It was not realistic. A Pro Bowl QB does not throw ducks and the Chiefs O line isn't a sieve.

Give them more than a one-game chance. I'm actually going back to All-Madden because they're TOO EASY.

I played my preseason and 5 games of the regular season with these sliders and I just dominated on offense. McMahon's QBR is 95.3 (4th in the NFL) and my rookie RB has 119 carries for 737 yards. That's a 6.2 ypc average, and if he continues at this pace he'll finish the season with about 2350 yards. He put up 165 against a 90-rated Buffalo team.

Without Green and Holmes, I'm averaging 36 ppg, obviously 1st in the league.

royr17
11-23-2004, 05:11 AM
Nobody posting anymore in this thread it seems, well im gonna restart madden franchise cause i cheated on it by cutting a bunch of players before i started the season so that i could have a bunch of money.

David.
11-23-2004, 05:44 AM
Give them more than a one-game chance. I'm actually going back to All-Madden because they're TOO EASY.

I played my preseason and 5 games of the regular season with these sliders and I just dominated on offense. McMahon's QBR is 95.3 (4th in the NFL) and my rookie RB has 119 carries for 737 yards. That's a 6.2 ypc average, and if he continues at this pace he'll finish the season with about 2350 yards. He put up 165 against a 90-rated Buffalo team.

Without Green and Holmes, I'm averaging 36 ppg, obviously 1st in the league.

yeah they're too easy for me too. I might end up breaking down and playing All-madden, I just hate having the computer have superhuman players.

htismaqe
11-23-2004, 06:43 AM
yeah they're too easy for me too. I might end up breaking down and playing All-madden, I just hate having the computer have superhuman players.

Try these:

All-Madden difficulty
11 min. quarters
accelerated clock on
sub in/out -- 83/88
all penalties maxed
defensive pass assist -- off
offensive catch assist -- off

Hum.....CPU

QBA -- 10.....1
PBK -- 10.....10
WRC -- 10.....8
RBA -- 13.....13
RBK -- 10.....10

AWR -- 12.....12
KDN -- 20.....0
INT -- 7.....7
BRK -- 10.....10
TKL -- 1.....1

FGL -- 10.....9
FGA -- 7.....0
PTL -- 0.....20
PTA -- 0.....20
KOL -- 10.....11

royr17
11-23-2004, 07:51 AM
Well there is not cheating this time for me ... Just traded Maz, Huard, and Boerigter. Got a 2nd for Maz, a 5th for Huard, and a 5th for Boerigter.

htismaqe
11-23-2004, 09:22 AM
Well there is not cheating this time for me ... Just traded Maz, Huard, and Boerigter. Got a 2nd for Maz, a 5th for Huard, and a 5th for Boerigter.

A 2nd for Maz? You're cheating again. :D

htismaqe
11-23-2004, 07:40 PM
Try these:

All-Madden difficulty
11 min. quarters
accelerated clock on
sub in/out -- 83/88
all penalties maxed

Hum.....CPU

QBA -- 10.....1
PBK -- 10.....10
WRC -- 10.....8
RBA -- 13.....13
RBK -- 10.....10

AWR -- 12.....12
KDN -- 20.....0
INT -- 7.....7
BRK -- 10.....10
TKL -- 1.....1

FGL -- 10.....9
FGA -- 7.....0
PTL -- 0.....20
PTA -- 0.....20
KOL -- 10.....11

I've tweaked these slightly.

CPU and Human RBA should be 12.
Human TKL should be 2, CPU TKL should be 0

htismaqe
11-23-2004, 07:52 PM
Check that, keep both RBA at 13, just like before...

Change Hum TKL to 4 and CPU TKL to 0

royr17
11-23-2004, 10:19 PM
A 2nd for Maz? You're cheating again. :D

Naw, i just tried to get what i could for him, just like after this season im gonna try to get what i can get for McCleon and Barber.

The only bad thing is that Barbers signing bonus is 7.00 Million dollars and McCleon has a 3.00 Million dollar signing bonus, and thats a high number too.

Oh, well.

royr17
11-24-2004, 05:17 AM
Well this sucks, im entering my 3rd game of the season just played my 2nd game and I lost Holmes for 9 weeks ... What should I do start Blaylock or Johnson ???

royr17
11-24-2004, 08:51 AM
Well on my franchise, Johnnie Mortons career with the chiefs is over, he just suffered a career ending knee injury.

htismaqe
11-24-2004, 09:43 AM
Ouch, that sucks.

I've tweaked my All-Madden sliders again. Here's the very latest. I've had some GREAT games with these...

All-Madden difficulty
11 min. quarters
accelerated clock on
sub in/out -- 65/80**
**I'm using substitution packages now for realism - I seem to get more fumbles and injuries because guys get more tired.
all penalties maxed

Hum.....CPU

QBA -- 10.....1
PBK -- 10.....10
WRC -- 10.....8
RBA -- 12.....12
RBK -- 10.....10

AWR -- 12.....12
KDN -- 20.....0
INT -- 10.....5
BRK -- 10.....10
TKL -- 4.....0

FGL -- 10.....9
FGA -- 7.....0
PTL -- 0.....20
PTA -- 0.....20
KOL -- 10.....11

I'm telling you right now -- these are not for the faint of heart. They are TOUGH. But they are fair, you just have to give them a few games...

As an example, I played Carolina (me) vs. Philly last night. I couldn't get the running game going at all (Davis had 21 rushes for just 23 yards!), but I hit Ricky Proehl for a 93-yard TD bomb and I also had an 86-yard kickoff return with Rod Smart.

I then played Indy (me) vs. Detroit and when I quit, Edge had 8 rushes for 42 yards and Manning was 11 for 15...

htismaqe
11-24-2004, 07:40 PM
My daughter is in an ornery mood tonight, so I've only got to play a few snaps...I really struggled to run the ball as the Seahawks vs. the Rams and was really starting to get concerned that I would have to do more tweaking.

Then I started a game as the Bengals vs. the Jets and still couldn't run...7 carries for just 22 yards. But I should have had faith. Run number 8 was a gem. Rudi Johnson broke 2 tackles right up the gut and then just plowed over the safety. There was nobody else to beat -- 77 yards for the touchdown.

Hammock Parties
11-24-2004, 07:44 PM
Htis, if you really want to go for more realism, you should hire the worst training staff in the game every offseason. Injuries are far too unrealistic in this game.

My current staff has a prevention rating of 51. ROFL

Also, you should get the PC version. I'm at least assuming that's why your daughter kicked you off the TV or whatever.

And I don't know if you can design plays and playbooks on the PS2 version. I just drew up a few plays based on DRU's Chiefs highlight videos from the Saints game. I'm insane. :D

royr17
11-24-2004, 10:21 PM
Yes gochiefs you can create plays and playbooks on the PS2 Madden version.

I thought i told you that before, i've had you try to help me out with it before if the game didnt have it, then why would i try to have you help me out with it ?

royr17
11-24-2004, 10:22 PM
Oh yea and Larry Johnson sucks on the game, he is too slow so i traded him away, and well I have Maurice Morris as my RB now.

royr17
11-26-2004, 03:44 AM
Ok, for all of Madden game playes out there, have you ever tried the Fantasy Draft ?

I just did and i tell you I would recommend you do that cause it'll make the game so much tougher than what it is when you just use the current players the chiefs have.

Here is exactly who I got in the draft :

QB : Carson Palmer, Drew Henson, Chris Simms
RB : Clinton Portis, Steven Jackson, Derrick Knight
FG : Brad Hoover, Mike Karney
WR : Ammani Toomer, Reggie Williams, Rashaun Woods, Michael Clayton, and Triandos Luke (for my RS Dante was off the board)
TE : Tony Gonzalez, Chris Baker, Jermane Tuman
LT : L.J. Shelton, Stacy Andrews
LG : Brian Waters, Tam Hopkins
C : Matt Birk, Jake Grove
RG : Bobbie Williams, Montrae Holland
RT : Anthony Clement, Spencer Folau

LE : Will Smith, Tony Hargrove
LT : Ryan Sims, Randy Starks
RT : Donnell Washington, Nick Eason
RE : Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, Jamal Reynolds
LLB : Terrell Suggs, Quinton Caver
MLB : Edgerton Hartwell, Hunter Hillenmeyer
RLB : Napolean Harris, Dontarrious Thomas
LCB : Ken Lucas, Nnamdi Asomugha, Allen Rossum
RCB : Dunta RObinson, Tom Knight
FS : Sean Taylor, Jason Shivers
SS : Adam Archuleta, Kevin McCadam

K : Adam Vinateri
P : Shane Lechler

But I suggest some of you people try it sometime cause it really makes all the teams about even instead of being superstar teams.

htismaqe
11-28-2004, 02:46 PM
Ok, for all of Madden game playes out there, have you ever tried the Fantasy Draft ?

I just did and i tell you I would recommend you do that cause it'll make the game so much tougher than what it is when you just use the current players the chiefs have.

Here is exactly who I got in the draft :

QB : Carson Palmer, Drew Henson, Chris Simms
RB : Clinton Portis, Steven Jackson, Derrick Knight
FG : Brad Hoover, Mike Karney
WR : Ammani Toomer, Reggie Williams, Rashaun Woods, Michael Clayton, and Triandos Luke (for my RS Dante was off the board)
TE : Tony Gonzalez, Chris Baker, Jermane Tuman
LT : L.J. Shelton, Stacy Andrews
LG : Brian Waters, Tam Hopkins
C : Matt Birk, Jake Grove
RG : Bobbie Williams, Montrae Holland
RT : Anthony Clement, Spencer Folau

LE : Will Smith, Tony Hargrove
LT : Ryan Sims, Randy Starks
RT : Donnell Washington, Nick Eason
RE : Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, Jamal Reynolds
LLB : Terrell Suggs, Quinton Caver
MLB : Edgerton Hartwell, Hunter Hillenmeyer
RLB : Napolean Harris, Dontarrious Thomas
LCB : Ken Lucas, Nnamdi Asomugha, Allen Rossum
RCB : Dunta RObinson, Tom Knight
FS : Sean Taylor, Jason Shivers
SS : Adam Archuleta, Kevin McCadam

K : Adam Vinateri
P : Shane Lechler

But I suggest some of you people try it sometime cause it really makes all the teams about even instead of being superstar teams.

That looks like an all-star team...

I'm getting PLENTY of challenge right now using my All-Madden sliders...

royr17
11-29-2004, 07:02 PM
Restarted my season, and am in my third year i just named Brian Shottenheimer my HC, Charlie Joiner the OC, Jim Schwartz DC, and still have Frank Gansz Jr. as my ST coach.

David.
11-29-2004, 09:44 PM
that's pretty cool htis, keep it up

Hammock Parties
11-29-2004, 09:45 PM
Brian Shottenheimer my HC,

What tha hell? :shake:

royr17
11-29-2004, 10:06 PM
Gochiefs does it matter, its not the HC playin the game its the coaches players playing so it doesnt really matter who your HC is ...

Hammock Parties
11-29-2004, 10:25 PM
Gochiefs does it matter, its not the HC playin the game its the coaches players playing so it doesnt really matter who your HC is ...

Yeah I know, I just don't see the point in hiring Brian Schottenheimer. Maybe the last name makes it fun.

royr17
11-29-2004, 10:56 PM
Yeah I know, I just don't see the point in hiring Brian Schottenheimer. Maybe the last name makes it fun.

You know, thats exactly what it was, hey i bet he be a hell of a OC. :p

Hammock Parties
11-30-2004, 03:07 AM
Hehe:

royr17
11-30-2004, 04:53 AM
By the way gochiefs whos the WR ???

htismaqe
11-30-2004, 05:57 AM

Better yet, where is that stadium???

It's not Arrowhead.

It has the Chiefs' colors and endzone logos, but it has buildings in the background, kinda like Wrigley field.

htismaqe
11-30-2004, 08:10 AM
Well, I just have the worst luck with this game.

I sat down to play and decided to get up and get something to drink first. While I was up, I had left the game sitting at the Weekly Schedule screen.

My 1-year-old decided that it would be fun to chew on the XBox controller. Somehow, she managed to press the right button sequence and SIMMED THE REST OF MY SEASON.

So, yes, I have to start over again.

Thig Lyfe
11-30-2004, 04:00 PM
Better yet, where is that stadium???

It's not Arrowhead.

It has the Chiefs' colors and endzone logos, but it has buildings in the background, kinda like Wrigley field.

It's a custom built stadium. I made one in 2004 but have yet to make on in 2005. I plan on doing it after my current season.

Thig Lyfe
11-30-2004, 04:00 PM

Looks like Chris Horn to me.

royr17
11-30-2004, 07:13 PM
Maybe it is Chris Horn, who knows ...

Saulbadguy
11-30-2004, 07:36 PM
Ok...i've started the offseason after going 5-11 this season.
I cut the following players:
Steve Cheek
John Browning
Damon Huard
Larry Johnson
Johnnie Morton
Chris Horn
Julian Battle
Dexter McCleon

I traded the following players
Vonnie Holliday for Darren Sproles (who is a 74 OVR, more than LJ was) ;)
Jerome Woods for Ndukwe Kalu
Traded someone away to get RW McQuarters..I forget who.
Here are the draft results, I picked 6th in the draft.

1. Marcus Spears, DE, LSU 82 OVR
2. Braylon Edwards, WR, Michigan 81 OVR
3. Marlin Jackson, CB, Michigan 78 OVR
4. Lionel Turner, MLB, LSU 72 OVR
5. Matt Payne, P, BYU (6'4 225 lbs..and a MONSTER!) 71 OVR
6. Jaxson Appel, FS, Texas A&M 74 OVR

On to free agency...:) I really hate this part. Takes forever.

Saulbadguy
11-30-2004, 07:46 PM
Ok..that went rather quickly. I had to re-sign John Browning once I found out I was screwed at depth at DT.

I signed Dexter Jackson, and converted my 6th pick Jaxson Appel in to a CB ;)

I also signed Mike McMahon..I like that kid. He is my "QBOTF". I'll update with depth chart.

Saulbadguy
11-30-2004, 07:53 PM
QB
Trent Green
Mike McMahon
Todd Collins

HB
Priest Holmes
Derrick Blaylock
Darren Sproles

FB
Tony Richardson
Thomas Tapeh (some scrub I got in a trade)

WR
Braylon Edwards
Eddie Kennison
Dante Hall
Sammie Parker
Marc Boerigter

TE
Tony G
Jason Dunn
Kris Wilson

LT
Willie Roaf
Kevin Sampson

LG
Brian Waters
Jordan Black

C
Casey Wiegmann
Chris Bober

RG
Will Shields
Jonathan Clinkscale

RT
John Welbourne
Brett Williams

LE
Marcus Spears
Jimmie Wilkerson

RE
Ndukwe Kalu
Jared Allen

DT
Ryan Sims
Junior Siavii
John Browning
Lional Dalton

LOLB
Scott Fujita
Keyaron Fox

MLB
Mike Maslowski
Kawika Mitchell
Lionel Turner

ROLB
Shawn Barber
Monty Beisel

CB
Eric Warfield
RW McQuarters
William Bartee
Marlin Jackson
Jaxson Appel

FS
Dexter Jackson
Shaunard Harts

SS
Greg Wesley
Willie Pile

K
Lawrence Tynes

P
Matt Payne

KR/PR
Dante Hall
Darren Sproles

Mind you this is the PRESEASON depth chart!

David.
11-30-2004, 08:04 PM
it seems everyone gets Mike McMahon for QBOTF

royr17
11-30-2004, 08:20 PM
Ok, Saulbadguy who is your starting RB since you released LJ ???

Saulbadguy
11-30-2004, 08:22 PM
Ok, Saulbadguy who is your starting RB since you released LJ ???
Look at the depth chart...

Priest Holmes :)

royr17
11-30-2004, 08:22 PM
Actually I have Casey Clausen as my QBOTF ...

royr17
11-30-2004, 08:39 PM
Im in year 4 of my franchise and in the 2nd week of the season, heres my current depth chart :

QB
7 Casey Clausen
17 Aaron Baker
5 Lester Hunt

HB
27 Larry Johnson
23 Derrick Blaylock
35 Ricky Williams (the smaller version)

FB
38 Moran Norris
49 Kevin Caulley

WR
89 Nate McKenzie (awesome 2nd year player)
82 Dante Hall
80 Richard Smith
81 Taylor Jacobs
85 Devard Darling
** These players all have 90 speed **

TE
88 Tony Gonzalez
84 Kris Wilson
83 Chuck Gaines

LT
77 Willie Roaf
72 Pete Gordon

LG
76 Shawn Edwards
65 Jordan Black

C
54 Brian Waters
61 Pete Kennison

RG
68 Will Shields
60 Stanley Wheeler

RT
70 Damion McIntosh
79 Kevin Sampson

LE
95 Kevin Lucas (rookie i drafted)
93 Matt Roth

RE
91 Jared Allen
92 Ken Thomas

DT
90 Ryan Sims
94 Junior Siavii
71 Eddie Freeman
75 Rodney Leslie

LOLB
51 Scott Fujita
52 Quinton Caver

MLB
57 E.J. Henderson
56 Monty Beisel

ROLB
59 Derrick Johnson
50 Tony Newson

CB
29 William Peterson
34 Charles Tillman
24 William Bartee
26 Julian Battle
22 Benny Sapp

FS
21 Michael Huff
39 Ike Brown (rookie)

SS
20 Ed Reed
35 Warrick Slater

K
8 Kerry Johnson (kicker i drafted)

P
15 Randall Kaufman (punter i drafted)

RS
82 Dante Hall

Saulbadguy
11-30-2004, 08:50 PM
Jesus christ. I suck at this game with these settings.

royr17
11-30-2004, 09:12 PM
yea im sucking pretty bad too ...

David.
11-30-2004, 09:15 PM
I'm averaging 587 yards of offense through 5 games. With Jake Delhomme at QB(98) and 2 rookie rb's (82 and 79) Chambers and Booker at WR (90 and 85 respectively) McMicheal at TE (88) and a decent O-line. I might try those all-madden settings Htis.

Hammock Parties
11-30-2004, 09:27 PM
The WR is Dre Ward, a guy I drafted.

The stadium is Thomas Field, built after the 2006 season. I raised ticket prices to pay for it.

Here are Dre Ward's vitals:

Height: 6'2
Weight: 214
OVR: 92
SPD: 96
STR: 43
AWR: 84
AGI: 85
ACC: 94
CTH: 99
CAR: 76
JMP: 90
BTK: 63
INJ: 84

Here is the team:

NO PLAYER POS OVR SAL YRL AGE HT WT
10 T.Green QB 98 $50.94M 7 36 6'3" 217
14 R.Ray QB 86 $5.33M 4 27 6'3" 210
19 P.McCaffrey QB 80 $1.74M 3 23 6'2" 223 - 99 THP on this guy!
23 W.McGahee HB 87 $16.54M 4 25 6'0" 228
31 P.Holmes HB 97 $35.00M 7 33 5'9" 213
47 B.Clayton HB 79 $6.73M 4 24 5'11" 231
48 D.Kreider FB 88 $4.00M 4 30 5'11" 246
17 R.Smith WR 71 $7.73M 5 27 5'10" 191
82 D.Hall WR 83 $5.25M 5 28 5'8" 187
85 M.Boerigter WR 70 $3.00M 6 29 6'3" 220
80 B.Lynch WR 79 $4.22M 3 22 6'4" 206 - A young Randy Moss - needs to work on his hands.
81 D.Ward WR 92 $8.89M 4 24 6'2" 214
88 T.Gonzalez TE 99 $24.05M 6 31 6'4" 248
89 J.Dunn TE 81 $7.00M 6 33 6'6" 276
40 K.Wilson TE 77 $6.12M 4 26 6'2" 248
84 L.McDaniels TE 69 $4.55M 5 25 6'7" 268
77 W.Roaf LT 97 $21.00M 6 37 6'5" 320
73 P.Graham LT 78 $4.32M 3 24 6'8" 362
54 B.Waters LG 99 $39.97M 7 30 6'3" 318
65 J.Black LG 76 $4.84M 4 27 6'5" 314
62 C.Wiegmann C 99 $29.61M 7 31 6'2" 285
60 W.Clark C 76 $2.88M 3 23 6'3" 307
67 S.Smith RG 80 $6.95M 4 24 6'5" 328
68 W.Shields RG 99 $39.55M 7 35 6'3" 315
75 Z.Hand RG 68 $2.31M 3 22 6'2" 316
76 J.Welbourn RT 99 $15.65M 5 31 6'5" 318
72 B.Curtin RT 78 $3.14M 3 26 6'9" 315

Defensive Players
69 J.Allen LE 73 $9.78M 7 25 6'6" 265
92 R.Meier RE 69 $5.61M 5 29 6'5" 293
96 J.Wilkerson RE 78 $7.70M 5 26 6'2" 280
95 C.Hall RE 93 $12.54M 4 28 6'4" 261
93 W.Mitchell DT 73 $9.59M 4 24 6'7" 344
90 R.Sims DT 79 $21.91M 7 27 6'4" 315
94 J.Siavii DT 79 $4.80M 6 27 6'4" 340
51 S.Fujita LOLB 86 $9.60M 3 28 6'5" 247
97 K.Fox LOLB 73 $1.80M 4 25 6'2" 227
58 J.Vazquez LOLB 77 $3.37M 3 23 6'2" 242
52 J.Cordova MLB 77 $6.11M 3 25 6'1" 241
50 K.Mitchell MLB 79 $7.44M 4 27 6'0" 253
59 S.Barber ROLB 87 $30.55M 7 32 6'2" 245
56 M.Beisel ROLB 70 $3.78M 4 28 6'3" 254
26 J.Battle CB 86 $26.11M 7 25 6'2" 205
42 P.Hunter CB 86 $18.39M 4 27 6'2" 212
34 D.Ross CB 81 $10.23M 5 27 6'2" 207
35 R.Clemons CB 78 $5.02M 4 26 6'1" 196
20 A.Lott FS 75 $2.77M 4 28 5'10" 196
21 B.Sanders FS 87 $3.10M 4 26 5'8" 204
25 G.Wesley SS 89 $6.17M 3 31 6'2" 206
30 J.Powell SS 70 $3.27M 3 21 6'0" 216
45 J.Johnson SS 68 $2.64M 3 21 6'1" 206

Special Teams Players
1 L.Tynes K 91 $2.26M 2 29 6'1" 202
5 S.Cheek P 88 $2.31M 3 29 6'4" 205

Saulbadguy
11-30-2004, 09:34 PM
Ok...just completed a CRAZY preseason game.

Final Score:
Kansas City 37
Minnesota 31

411 yards total offense
365 yards allowed
Rushing yards: 33
Passing yards:378

I could not run for SHIT. I need to adjust some sliders methinks..I got stopped almost every time, and just about anytime I got a good gain, I got called for holding. But boy oh boy could I pass.

Mike McMahon 6 of 11 202 yards 2 TD
Trent Green 18 of 32 199 yards 2 TD

rushing
Darren Sproles 31 yards on 11 attempts
Derrick Blaylock 8 yards on 4 attempts
Priest Holmes....-6 yards on 10 attempts, and 1 TD :)

Receiving...this is madness
Braylon Edwards 272 yards, 2 TD's, 111 YAC on 12 receptions
Eddie Kennison 51 yards 1 TD on 5 attemps
Dante Hall 60 yards 1 TD on 5 attempts

Braylon Edwards was obviously the player of the game.

I was down 17-0 in the first quarter, came back to make it 24-17 by the 3rd quarter. Extended my lead to 31-17, and then Minnesota drove to tie it up at 31 with 16 seconds remaining in the 4th quarter.

2 long bombs to Braylon Edwards later, I win the game on a hail mary TD pass by Mike McMahon, barely avoiding a sack. I then missed the XP. :(

Good game though..I need to adjust the sliders...

Hammock Parties
11-30-2004, 09:39 PM
Why the hell is Trent Green throwing 32 passes in a preseason game?

Some of you make bad armchair coaches.

Saulbadguy
11-30-2004, 09:41 PM
Why the hell is Trent Green throwing 32 passes in a preseason game?

Some of you make bad armchair coaches.
Cause I couldn't run the ball worth sheeeeeot. Trent played through the first half, plus im running 7 minute quarters.

Hammock Parties
11-30-2004, 09:49 PM
Cause I couldn't run the ball worth sheeeeeot. Trent played through the first half, plus im running 7 minute quarters.

That's still too many. Green should have been out in the first quarter.

Hell I don't even play most of my starters in preseason games.

Saulbadguy
11-30-2004, 09:49 PM
Hey GoChiefs...have you ever seen the 1978 Star Wars Holiday Special?

WTF?!?

Hammock Parties
11-30-2004, 09:51 PM
Hey GoChiefs...have you ever seen the 1978 Star Wars Holiday Special?

WTF?!?

That made-for-TV special does not exist.

Saulbadguy
11-30-2004, 09:52 PM
That made-for-TV special does not exist.
Bullshit.

I'm watching it right now. Its the worst piece of programming i've ever seen in my life. It has Chewbaccas family in it, and Bea Arthur, Jefferson Starship, and Art Carney. This is TERRIBLE.

Hammock Parties
11-30-2004, 09:53 PM
Bullshit.

I'm watching it right now. Its the worst piece of programming i've ever seen in my life. It has Chewbaccas family in it, and Bea Arthur, Jefferson Starship, and Art Carney. This is TERRIBLE.

You are high on something apparently.

It does not exist! :cuss:

Saulbadguy
11-30-2004, 09:54 PM
You are high on something apparently.

It does not exist! :cuss:
Well...I know George Lucas does not want to acknowledge its existance...apparently he has gotten to you as well.

Hammock Parties
11-30-2004, 09:56 PM
Well...I know George Lucas does not want to acknowledge its existance...apparently he has gotten to you as well.

Yeah I know...it's awful. Just terrible.

Saulbadguy
11-30-2004, 09:57 PM
Yeah I know...it's awful. Just terrible.
Its so bad, its funny. Jefferson Starship..what were they thinking?

royr17
11-30-2004, 10:12 PM
Here's Nate McKenzie that WR i drafted :

Height: 6'3
Weight: 212
OVR: 88
SPD: 95
STR: 58
AWR: 82
AGI: 99
ACC: 87
CTH: 85
CAR: 61
JMP: 90
BTK: 62
INJ: 78

royr17
11-30-2004, 10:14 PM
I mean I love the guy as my WR he is pretty awesome ...

Hammock Parties
11-30-2004, 10:18 PM
What's his best season so far, roy?

royr17
11-30-2004, 10:41 PM
Gochiefs, His rookie season :

83 catches 1,185 yards receiving, 14.2 YPC, 11 TD's

Hammock Parties
11-30-2004, 10:46 PM
Gochiefs, His rookie season :

83 catches 1,185 yards receiving, 14.2 YPC, 11 TD's

Ward's first two years in the league:

RECEIVING REC YDS AVG LONG TD DROP YAC
Dre Ward 68 1264 18.5 74 12 12 262
Dre Ward 88 1318 14.9 72 14 8 195

royr17
11-30-2004, 10:49 PM
McKenzie had 5 drops in his rookie season ...

Hammock Parties
11-30-2004, 10:51 PM
McKenzie had 5 drops in his rookie season ...

What sliders were you using?

royr17
11-30-2004, 10:56 PM
The ones that Hstimage gave me ...

David.
12-01-2004, 01:58 AM
pft, my 79 Running back has 700 yards rushing in the first 4 games. AND HE'S SPLITTING CARRIES WITH ANOTHER BACK. Yeah, it's safe to say I can run. It's weird, my 82 Back has like a 3.2 avg, but my 79 has like an 8 yard avg. What's weird is their attributes are nearly identical. :shrug:

Hammock Parties
12-01-2004, 02:00 AM
pft, my 79 Running back has 700 yards rushing in the first 4 games. AND HE'S SPLITTING CARRIES WITH ANOTHER BACK. Yeah, it's safe to say I can run. It's weird, my 82 Back has like a 3.2 avg, but my 79 has like an 8 yard avg. What's weird is their attributes are nearly identical. :shrug:

Rookie mode must be fun for you.

royr17
12-01-2004, 02:18 AM
Gochiefs when am i gonna get my ratings that your promised me ???

David.
12-01-2004, 02:28 AM
Rookie mode must be fun for you.

not exactly, I'm on all-pro with htis sliders.

royr17
12-01-2004, 07:37 AM
Here's a guy I also just drafted named Ian Shields :

Height: 6'4
Weight: 214
OVR: 81
SPD: 84
STR: 69
AWR: 74
AGI: 89
ACC: 84
CTH: 88
CAR: 78
JMP: 86
BTK: 57
INJ: 78

Hammock Parties
12-01-2004, 09:48 AM
Gochiefs when am i gonna get my ratings that your promised me ???

htismaqe
12-01-2004, 11:47 AM
You guys should take the step up from my All-Pro sliders to my All-Madden sliders...

Trust me, you'll LOVE it.

David.
12-01-2004, 08:35 PM
I'll have to give it a shot. The only problem with the All-Pro sliders for me, is it's impossible to throw deep. The QB just has no arm strength

Hammock Parties
12-01-2004, 10:08 PM
I'll have to give it a shot. The only problem with the All-Pro sliders for me, is it's impossible to throw deep. The QB just has no arm strength

Depends on the QB. I can throw amazing bombs with my 99 THP QB. Green's deep ball is a little less impressive. He can throw a nice 45-yard bomb though.

David.
12-01-2004, 10:12 PM
I guess it's Delhomme. he's got like..87 THP. 99 accuracy though.

royr17
12-01-2004, 10:41 PM
Im wondering something though on my sliders whenever my QB Casey Clausen goes back to throw a lob pass the ball is either going out of bounds or left of the receiver, and Clausen has improved to where his awareness is 82 throw power is 88 and throw accuarcy is 90, so could someone please explain that to me, plz.

Thank You ...

Hammock Parties
12-01-2004, 10:43 PM
I guess it's Delhomme. he's got like..87 THP. 99 accuracy though.

Try stepping up in the pocket and release the ball after a couple steps.

David.
12-01-2004, 10:44 PM
when you move whilst throwing, it's horridly off target.

royr17
12-01-2004, 10:51 PM
Gochiefs, Help me out here bud, Im wondering something though on my sliders whenever my QB Casey Clausen goes back to throw a lob pass the ball is either going out of bounds or left of the receiver, and Clausen has improved to where his awareness is 82 throw power is 88 and throw accuarcy is 90, so could someone please explain that to me, plz.

Thank You ...

David.
12-01-2004, 10:59 PM
Gochiefs, Help me out here bud, Im wondering something though on my sliders whenever my QB Casey Clausen goes back to throw a lob pass the ball is either going out of bounds or left of the receiver, and Clausen has improved to where his awareness is 82 throw power is 88 and throw accuarcy is 90, so could someone please explain that to me, plz.

Thank You ...

Try stepping up in the pocket and release the ball after a couple steps.

when you move whilst throwing, it's horridly off target.

:spock:

royr17
12-01-2004, 11:14 PM
Well my feet are set when i throw it ... but i get the same results ...

David.
12-01-2004, 11:23 PM
Well my feet are set when i throw it ... but i get the same results ...

oh, well, then I have no idea

royr17
12-01-2004, 11:40 PM
David has that ever happened to you before ???

David.
12-01-2004, 11:46 PM
yah when I move in the pocket and don't get set

royr17
12-01-2004, 11:53 PM
Well it happens to me when i roll out ...

David.
12-01-2004, 11:55 PM
than you're not getting set before you throw. TOugh habit to break.

royr17
12-02-2004, 12:00 AM
yea especially when someone is chasing your from behind ...

Hammock Parties
12-02-2004, 12:03 AM
It's not the same as moving while you throw the ball.

Let me see if I can post a video.

royr17
12-02-2004, 12:07 AM
Ok, I have to find out a way to quit doing that, its killing me and its getting me picked off ...

David.
12-02-2004, 12:07 AM
I know what you're talking about, you take a step forward while in the pocket and puts zip behind your throws.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2004, 12:16 AM
I know what you're talking about, you take a step forward while in the pocket and puts zip behind your throws.

Yeah, and the more steps you take the better deep ball you will throw.

I also have my pass lead slider set to 8.

royr17
12-02-2004, 12:16 AM
I mean when your getting chased from behind you try to get it off quick to avoid a sack and when i do it go way off target ...

Hammock Parties
12-02-2004, 12:21 AM
I mean when your getting chased from behind you try to get it off quick to avoid a sack and when i do it go way off target ...

That's because your QB isn't very good.

Try NOT throwing deep balls when you're running for your life.