PDA

View Full Version : Court TV - The Psychic Detectives

BIG_DADDY
11-12-2004, 11:44 AM
Anybody else watch this channel and this show? I love the forensics shows and often times wish I had went into that. My sister now does forensics for military investigations now. One of the shows that blows me away is The Psychic Detectives. Some of the stuff they pull off is nothing short of completely amazing. If you ever doubted the ability of psychic's you won't after watching a few episodes. My favorite part is the cops scoffing at the psychics ability only to have them give details of the crime beyond what all the officers have been able to do from across the country. I one episode the cops doubt the psychic so much they refuse to acknowledge her even though she has given them amazing details. She tells them the visual around where the body is and they ignore it. She gets pissed and drives around till she finds the spot and the body, naturally they arrest her for murder. ROFL Of course later she helped provide them with the information they needed to catch the real killer. Man she made that doubter look stupid as hell. To say she changed his mind is an understatement.

Ghostof
11-12-2004, 11:59 AM
DO they already know that I'll flip the channel and go on to another show?

I figure if psychics knew everything, theyd be rich and wouldnt have to tell everyone what their fortunes are.

BIG_DADDY
11-12-2004, 12:05 PM
DO they already know that I'll flip the channel and go on to another show?

I figure if psychics knew everything, theyd be rich and wouldnt have to tell everyone what their fortunes are.

That's the attitude every cop brings to the table when they use them but what they do is amazing you should watch it. The cops are their biggest critics going in but all that changes. If they can change some hard nose Detective's mind I am more than sure they can change the mind of a ghost.

Ghostof
11-12-2004, 12:25 PM
I sort of belive that stuff. I have read about people having dreams of where to look for missing people or whatever and then it becoming true.

Not like the Final Destination 1 and 2...those movies were comedy gold. Theres a few parts in #2 that well....like the guy who was cut in half from the fence and the end where the guy was at the cooker using too much fire starter and POOF

BIG_DADDY
11-12-2004, 01:02 PM
I sort of belive that stuff. I have read about people having dreams of where to look for missing people or whatever and then it becoming true.

Not like the Final Destination 1 and 2...those movies were comedy gold. Theres a few parts in #2 that well....like the guy who was cut in half from the fence and the end where the guy was at the cooker using too much fire starter and POOF

In one of the more amazing episodes they bring the psychic 8 pictures and they want to know what comes to her when she looks at them. She tells them she doesn't want to see the pictures to put them all face down. She quickly discards the 5 that were no suspects. The 3 suspects that the police think may be involved remain face down. She says all three of them were involved not just one and ties them all in to how they participated and names the shooter. The cops were blown away. They go back with the information and make an arest. They tell him that they know all 3 were involved and how. The guy comes clean exactly like the psychic said, it was a trip.

cheeeefs
11-12-2004, 01:40 PM
Television never lies.

BIG_DADDY
11-12-2004, 02:12 PM
Television never lies.

Yea I am sure that the head detectives in hundreds of major murder cases have got nothing better to do than become Ms. Cleo promoters. :rolleyes: Have you even watched it?

cheeeefs
11-12-2004, 02:19 PM
Never under-estimate the power of Ms. Cleo!!! mon!

truthfully I haven't seen it, nor will I... I don't watch too much television. I don't believe nor disbelieve in any of this. But it's fun to stir the pot.

Demonpenz
11-12-2004, 02:23 PM
YES I HAVE LOST SOMEONE CLOSE, IT WAS MY BROTHER, OMFG YOUR ARE AWESOME

Demonpenz
11-12-2004, 02:24 PM
Head detectives would never want to be on TV thats for sure.

FAX
11-12-2004, 03:53 PM
I wonder if, when psychics are young, do they know that they'll grow up to be psychics?

FAX

FAX
11-12-2004, 03:56 PM
You should get a new psychic if she keeps shaking a black ball and saying, "Ask again later."

FAX

KcMizzou
11-12-2004, 04:01 PM
Haven't seen it. I like Battlefield Detectives on the History Channel though...

FAX
11-12-2004, 04:08 PM
You should get a new psychic if she keeps shaking a crystal ball and saying, "It's going to snow."

FAX

BIG_DADDY
11-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Haven't seen it. I like Battlefield Detectives on the History Channel though...

It's interesting how the government has used psychics during time of war. Most of them have went through the Monroe Institute and then they did work with them out here at Stanford too. Pretty cool stuff.

cdcox
11-12-2004, 05:04 PM
I've seen this show a few times. I'm a natural skeptic, but there is no doubt that many of the cops are convinced that the psychics bring something useful to the case. Call me half convinced.

An interesting SciFi movie that ponders the nature of society if we had psychics that could actually forsee a crime in time to stop it is "Minority Report".

BIG_DADDY
11-12-2004, 05:12 PM
I've seen this show a few times. I'm a natural skeptic, but there is no doubt that many of the cops are convinced that the psychics bring something useful to the case. Call me half convinced.

An interesting SciFi movie that ponders the nature of society if we had psychics that could actually forsee a crime in time to stop it is "Minority Report".

I saw that movie, it was decent. One of the funniest things about all this is seeing people believe that in order to be a psychic you must be able to predict everything in advance instead of just being somebody that can tap into different energies.

cdcox
11-12-2004, 05:23 PM
I saw that movie, it was decent. One of the funniest things about all this is seeing people believe that in order to be a psychic you must be able to predict everything in advance instead of just being somebody that can tap into different energies.

That is a good point. The psychics on this show seem to have a special affinity for tapping into violent crimes, but don't pretend they can see all things clearly. Normally they are able to give the police clues that send them in the right direction, without telling them exacly who dunnit. But the details that they provide are sometimes amazingly accurate with no apparent way for them to learn them. Other times their input is less convincing. One time the psychic kept focusing on the number 19. They finally tied this in by saying that the victim was found exactly 1.9 miles from their home. Call me less than convinced on that particular detail.

Demonpenz
11-12-2004, 05:24 PM

I'd like to tap her different energies !

Skip Towne
11-12-2004, 05:42 PM
I watch Court TV a lot but I change channels when that comes on. They tell you what the psychic got right but we have no way of knowing how much they said that was wrong. And why are they always women?

FAX
11-12-2004, 05:48 PM
You should get a new psychic if she asks you to "hit' or "stay" during a card reading.

FAX THE INFORMED

Wile_E_Coyote
11-12-2004, 07:04 PM
I watch them both and find the psychics more believable than the forensics. They can really make some stretches with the forensics. I'm not joking

Skip Towne
11-12-2004, 07:10 PM
I watch them both and find the psychics more believable than the forensics. They can really make some stretches with the forensics. I'm not joking
Got an example?

Wile_E_Coyote
11-12-2004, 07:19 PM
Got an example?
There was a couple of boys who got beat up by a pond, I think one of them was drowned. They connected one boy to the killing because the micronisms(sp?) in the pond matched the ones on his wet sneekers

On another, a women had mud on her shoes that matched the mud on a pond her ex-husband was camping at. Something the farmer put in the water.

Anyway she stole a gun from her ex-boyfriends campsite & killed her husband, trying to kill two birds with one stone.

Those are poor examples...I can not think of any others right now

Wile_E_Coyote
11-12-2004, 07:26 PM
make sure you flush the condom, damn, some sick person could steal it & pin a murder or rape on ya

Skip Towne
11-12-2004, 07:40 PM
There was a couple of boys who got beat up by a pond, I think one of them was drowned. They connected one boy to the killing because the micronisms(sp?) in the pond matched the ones on his wet sneekers

On another, a women had mud on her shoes that matched the mud on a pond her ex-husband was camping at. Something the farmer put in the water.

Anyway she stole a gun from her ex-boyfriends campsite & killed her husband, trying to kill two birds with one stone.

Those are poor examples...I can not think of any others right now
You are correct, those aren't very good examples. But you didn't say what was wrong with the forensics. Yeah, mud does vary in it's composition and there are different micro-organisms in different ponds. Especially if a farmer put a chemical in the water. What's the problem with forensics?

Wile_E_Coyote
11-12-2004, 07:56 PM
You are correct, those aren't very good examples. But you didn't say what was wrong with the forensics. Yeah, mud does vary in it's composition and there are different micro-organisms in different ponds. Especially if a farmer put a chemical in the water. What's the problem with forensics?
I wish I could think of some better examples. There have been some I thought was a stretch. And I worded it wrong in the examples I did give. They didn't match, they were "consistant."

One case, a body was found wraped in plastic garbage bags. A man charged with the crime had garbage bags "consistant" with those found on the body.

It seems garbage bags are made from re-cycled plastic, and the formula can very from batch to batch. The ones in his house & on the body were of a "consistant." formula.

It is too much like politics to me, you can take figures and bend them anyway you want

Skip Towne
11-12-2004, 08:21 PM
I wish I could think of some better examples. There have been some I thought was a stretch. And I worded it wrong in the examples I did give. They didn't match, they were "consistant."

One case, a body was found wraped in plastic garbage bags. A man charged with the crime had garbage bags "consistant" with those found on the body.

It seems garbage bags are made from re-cycled plastic, and the formula can very from batch to batch. The ones in his house & on the body were of a "consistant." formula.

It is too much like politics to me, you can take figures and bend them anyway you want
I saw that plastic bag episode and you seemed to have missed what was going on. Each batch of plastic bags have different markings due to wear on the machines that make them. Much like a lathe tool markings will vary as it gets dull. They matched the bag at the crime scene with the same batch they found in the perps house. Nothing political about that.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-12-2004, 08:36 PM
I saw that plastic bag episode and you seemed to have missed what was going on. Each batch of plastic bags have different markings due to wear on the machines that make them. Much like a lathe tool markings will vary as it gets dull. They matched the bag at the crime scene with the same batch they found in the perps house. Nothing political about that.

this one was a different episode or show, I watched that show also. If the bags were purchased at a store like Wal-Mart, they more than likely would have several boxes of the same batch. Sold in the same general area

Skip Towne
11-12-2004, 09:05 PM
this one was a different episode or show, I watched that show also. If the bags were purchased at a store like Wal-Mart, they more than likely would have several boxes of the same batch. Sold in the same general area
It was covered in that episode. It was only one of many pieces of damning evidence against the perp. The markings on the bag were EXACT matches to the bag found at the crime scene. The machine markings vary every few bags, not boxes of bags. Pay closer attention. And let me know when you find more flaws with forensic evidence. Hell you might be able to discredit DNA evidence.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-12-2004, 09:25 PM
It was covered in that episode. It was only one of many pieces of damning evidence against the perp. The markings on the bag were EXACT matches to the bag found at the crime scene. The machine markings vary every few bags, not boxes of bags. Pay closer attention. And let me know when you find more flaws with forensic evidence. Hell you might be able to discredit DNA evidence.

..as well you might find that there are things other than your own experiences.