PDA

View Full Version : After watching the Tivo.. LJ did OK...

dtebbe
11-13-2004, 11:44 AM
I may have been a little hard on LJ. He certainly was no Holmes (but who really is?), but he did get key first downs and ran the ball hard. After watching the tape, he is not really slow, he is just being tenative, which is making him look slow. On one screen pass he smoked a DB to the outside, got the corner and made the first down, showing very good speed. After watching and replaying some of his runs, I think he just needs some carries.

On one run where he was stuffed at the line, he got impatient and dove into the line insted of following T-rich. Had he followed T-rich he probably would have broke a 20-30 yard run, the hole was that big. He needs to get up behind T-rich like Priest does and get his had on T-rich's but to let him know it's KO time. Everytime I see Priest to that T-rich blows somebody the F&ck up and Priest breaks it open.

So to summarize, LJ is no Priest, but I think if he gets some carries he will improve rapidly. He just needs to see the blocking schemes real-time and gain some confidence. I think his brain is what is making him look slow right now.

DT

Hammock Parties
11-13-2004, 11:48 AM
After watching the tape, he is not really slow, he is just being tenative, which is making him look slow.
DT

I agree.

Hydrae
11-13-2004, 11:54 AM
I agree that he looked tenative to me. Not so much slow as having to think instead of reacting. I think he will be okay in the long run. The only question is where his attitude will be by the time he gets a serious shot at real playing time.

Gaz
11-13-2004, 12:09 PM
Is LJ the kind of back who will thrive with our OL? I am not being facetious, I genuinely do not know. I did not see a whole lot of LJ in his college days.

Both Holmes and Blaylock are patient runners, who wait for a hole and the burst through. Cruise, cruise, cruise…there’s the hole and bang they are gone. From what I saw last Sunday, LJ seemed to be banging the LOS quickly, rather than waiting for a hole and then hitting it.

Does LJ have the vision and quickness to run effectively behind our OL or does he need a scheme that pre-determines where the hole will be and hope the OL wins the battle at the line?

xoxo~
Gaz
Pondering our difficult child.

Deberg_1990
11-13-2004, 12:11 PM
The kid wil be ok..just get give him some carries and he will be ok. Wil he be Priest? Of course not but we shouldnt expect him to be either......I pitty the fool who has to follow Priest on this team. Its sort of like what happened to all the QB's who have followed Elway in Denver, they all pale in comparison no matter how good or bad they are.

Gaz
11-13-2004, 12:21 PM
We need to remember that Holmes was not lighting it up against Tampa Bay, either. We seem to be very eager to blame LJ instead of giving some credit to Tampa Bay.

xoxo~
Gaz
Aches for a D like Tampa Bay.

Deberg_1990
11-13-2004, 12:25 PM
We need to remember that Holmes was not lighting it up against Tampa Bay, either. We seem to be very eager to blame LJ instead of giving some credit to Tampa Bay.

xoxo~
Gaz
Aches for a D like Tampa Bay.

Great Point Gaz. I havent heard anyone give credit to their Defense..but they were bringin it in the 2nd half of that game...Makes me long for the Chiefs Defense Circa 1995-1997....sigh...

Gaz
11-13-2004, 12:39 PM
But then I remember the sorry Offense that accompanied that Defense and think that Vermeil had the right idea: crank up the O and then bring the D up.

xoxo~
Gaz
Waiting impatiently for the D to get brung up.

Nzoner
11-13-2004, 12:42 PM
But then I remember the sorry Offense that accompanied that Defense and think that Vermeil had the right idea: crank up the O and then bring the D up.

xoxo~
Gaz
Waiting impatiently for the D to get brung up.

and congrats on 10,000

Gaz
11-13-2004, 12:50 PM
and congrats on 10,000

I was not even paying attention.

Do I get a prize?

xoxo~
Gaz
Post whore.

4th and Long
11-13-2004, 12:51 PM
Not to be critical but ... OK wait, I am going to be critical. It's all well and fine that L.J. "did OK" with his runs but ... let us not forget that the kid can't block to save his life, let alone Trent's life. :shake:

jagerdrinker
11-13-2004, 12:55 PM
I watched a lot of LJ at Penn State since I live in Big 10 country (East Lansing, MI.) The book on LJ is that he is a power runner...not necessarily in the vein of an Okoye, who would punish, but just more of a bruiser that has deceptive speed once in the clear. He has definitely been running tentatively as compared to his days at PSU. If put in his position, I'd be the same. He's had the KC fans on his ass and he's hardly touched the ball. How much additional crap would he take for an untimely fumble?

***I know that he's brought some of the media attention and public negativity on himself.

4th and Long
11-13-2004, 12:55 PM
I was not even paying attention.

Do I get a prize?

xoxo~
Gaz
Post whore.

Congrats on 10K Gazmeister! :clap: :thumb:

I was going to give you a cookie Gaz but, I'm fresh out. Instead, heres some handy cookie cutters to dazzle your friends with. They'll "Oooo" and "Aaaah" when you use them to make some tasty Gaz cookies at your next Chiefs party.

http://www.foosecookiecutters.com/store/media/fbfootballspecial.jpg

dtebbe
11-13-2004, 01:40 PM
Is LJ the kind of back who will thrive with our OL? I am not being facetious, I genuinely do not know. I did not see a whole lot of LJ in his college days.

Both Holmes and Blaylock are patient runners, who wait for a hole and the burst through. Cruise, cruise, cruise…there’s the hole and bang they are gone. From what I saw last Sunday, LJ seemed to be banging the LOS quickly, rather than waiting for a hole and then hitting it.

Does LJ have the vision and quickness to run effectively behind our OL or does he need a scheme that pre-determines where the hole will be and hope the OL wins the battle at the line?

xoxo~
Gaz
Pondering our difficult child.

This IS the question. I think he will do well somewhere, but I'm not sure yet if it will be in KC with this line. With Priest dinged maybe we will find out. I hope he does fairly well, just so his trade value increases if nothing else!

DT

siberian khatru
11-13-2004, 01:46 PM
If a TIVO person could help me, I seem to remember on one of his carries, near midfield, it appeared that there was room around left end, and if LJ had made one cut to the outside he might've broken it for 15+ plus yards, instead he followed the line straight ahead and got 5 or so. Is that true? My impression for the game was he was going to go as far as the line took him, but he wasn't -- yet -- able to exploit those openings himself for extra yards.

dtebbe
11-13-2004, 01:53 PM
If a TIVO person could help me, I seem to remember on one of his carries, near midfield, it appeared that there was room around left end, and if LJ had made one cut to the outside he might've broken it for 15+ plus yards, instead he followed the line straight ahead and got 5 or so. Is that true? My impression for the game was he was going to go as far as the line took him, but he wasn't -- yet -- able to exploit those openings himself for extra yards.

I think that is the same play I was talking about. There was one guy in the hole and T-rich was headed for him, but LJ cut inside instead of following T-rich. But on that play there was no gain.

DT

Gaz
11-13-2004, 01:56 PM
I remember Lenny [on the radio] bemoaning the fact that LJ did not follow Richardson on that play.

xoxo~
Gaz
Cutting the young man a bit of slack.

siberian khatru
11-13-2004, 01:58 PM
I think that is the same play I was talking about. There was one guy in the hole and T-rich was headed for him, but LJ cut inside instead of following T-rich. But on that play there was no gain.

DT

It was either this play:

1-10-KC46 (2:17) L.Johnson to KC 49 for 3 yards (S.Rice, S.Quarles).

Or this one:

3-1-TB45 (1:57) L.Johnson to TB 43 for 2 yards (D.Brooks, G.Spires).

If anyone with TIVO wants to check.

wolfpack0735
11-13-2004, 03:10 PM
lj suck the big one on the two td runs,or non td runs. i replayed tivo too and his legs all but stopprd when he got hit, no second effort. but run him so we can trade him.

Demonpenz
11-13-2004, 03:13 PM
i think LJ was just trying not the fumble

Sure-Oz
11-13-2004, 03:14 PM
Well when you get the ball like 5 times in 2 years you are bound to look sh1tty on the field, lets hope he gets in some and looks better this week, atleast dick is praising him more rather then being negative. He does need to learn how to block.

David.
11-13-2004, 03:22 PM
i think LJ was just trying not the fumble

me too. Think of the backlash :shake: it would be ugly

BigRedChief
11-13-2004, 03:26 PM
Is this what we are reduced to? debating one or two runs of the 3rd string RB. Man, we suck.

Demonpenz
11-13-2004, 03:27 PM
I will be honest, i just come on here to vent my frustrations. So I sit here and say F*ck slo jo, you suck bla bla bla, but he will be alright I think. I seem to remember a play where he went right then cut all the way back across the field, so he still has speed. He will be a power rundown hill type of back, not a breakaway back and you know what? Priest hasn't been a breakaway back for a couple years now. Being the homer I am i hope we can keep him and get a sold back and actually start playing some mother grabbing defense

Demonpenz
11-13-2004, 03:28 PM
Is this what we are reduced to? debating one or two runs of the 3rd string RB. Man, we suck.

We wouldn't be talking about it if he wasn't always running his mouth about how he wants playing time, then doesn't have enough heart to get in from one yard away. Plus this is Carls pick, when we could have shore up our D yadda yadda yadda.

Rain Man
11-13-2004, 08:25 PM
I hope LJ becomes the LJ of legend this week.

go bo
11-13-2004, 08:32 PM
I hope LJ becomes the LJ of legend this week.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: