PDA

View Full Version : I'm Going To Be Sick....KSU Was Down 10-0

WilliamTheIrish
11-13-2004, 05:09 PM
KSU fought back to tie it at 10.

CU recovers a KSU fumbled punt (nothing new there), goes up 17-10.

Cu drives 50 yards after a shiot punt and scores a TD, goes up 24-10.

In the 4th Q, KSU back at their 2, with a 3rd and 19 gets 24 yard completion to keep alive the season.

Seemingly sparked, the Cats drive down to close within a score. 24-17.

On the next CU possesion, KSU tips a pass, INT by Ted Sims, and he rolls in to the EZ to tie.

KSU ST's maintain their shittiness to an art form by giving up a 39 yard return on the ensuing KO. CU gets two big pass plays and goes in to the EZ, grabbing the lead at 31-24 with 3:28 to play.

KSU starts at the 20 and gets a 16b yard completion. Then QB Webb is mashed to the turf and has to leave. Enter Dylan Meier who hits 7 of 10 passes, including 3 big 3rd down tosses, and the Cats tie the game ona 17 yard Meier to Moreira completion with :36 left.

Certain OT right? Well no. Too much celebration. So the PAT is to be kicked from the 35. Rheem hits the PAT and we're tied.

Rheem kicks the ensuing KO out of the EZ. So after two running plays that net nothing, on 3rd down Klatt hits some MUTT for 16. OK. First and 10 from the CU 36 with 17 seconds left.

On 1st and 10, WITH A G-ROBESQUE 3 man rush spinner defense, Klatt eludes a rush and hits a receiver with a 64 yard TD. WITH 8 MEN IN THE F@KCING SECONDARY!!!!

If Snyder doesn't shiotcan Bobby Elliott after this debacle, I'll... I'll....

...WTF am I saying?

I'll be right back doing this same shiot next season.

2bikemike
11-13-2004, 05:11 PM
Damn that sounded like KC's defense was on the field.

Skip Towne
11-13-2004, 05:15 PM
Does this mean Mizzou will win the North? Man that would be shitty.

KcMizzou
11-13-2004, 05:16 PM
Does this mean Mizzou will win the North? Man that would be shitty. I think ISU has the best shot (who'da thunk it?), followed by Nebraska.

WilliamTheIrish
11-13-2004, 05:17 PM
GD it!!!!!

I could just puke. How in the world does a defense give up a 65 yard pass with 8 men in the secondary?

That should get you fired. On the spot. No question. Good bye. You're gone. Hasta la vista.
Chaio. Adieu. Adios muchacho. Bon voyage. Kiss my ass and die you worthless piece of shiot.

KevB
11-13-2004, 05:22 PM
GD it!!!!!

I could just puke. How in the world does a defense give up a 65 yard pass with 8 men in the secondary?

That should get you fired. On the spot. No question. Good bye. You're gone. Hasta la vista.
Chaio. Adieu. Adios muchacho. Bon voyage. Kiss my ass and die you worthless piece of shiot.

I agree, but c'mon. We had 8 players in the secondary, and they all get beat for a TD? There are some players on this defense that don't deserve a scholarship.

WilliamTheIrish
11-13-2004, 05:29 PM
I agree, but c'mon. We had 8 players in the secondary, and they all get beat for a TD? There are some players on this defense that don't deserve a scholarship.

Sorry. Misplaced anger. I have a small problem with the 3 man rush due to G-Rob's influence on the Chiefs.

I agree that any DB involved in that play, should be wary of a schollie yanking.

Skip Towne
11-13-2004, 05:36 PM
I think ISU has the best shot (who'da thunk it?), followed by Nebraska.
That I could live with. It prolly doesn't matter though. Whoever wins it will just get rolled by OU. But OU isn't as strong as they have been so maybe not.

milkman
11-13-2004, 05:38 PM

My thinking is, and always has been, if you give the QB time to find receivers, then it doesn't matter how many people are in the secondary, someone is going to get open.

I know that a 65 yard TD is with 8 seconds is something of an aberration in this scenario, but I still think that more good things happen when you rush the passer than when you play prevent.

I'd fire this Booby Elliot, and kick his as on the way out the door.

DenverChief
11-13-2004, 05:49 PM
Hey how about those Mild cats :D

DenverChief
11-13-2004, 05:55 PM
Hey WTI I'm just glad I could be here to help you with your pain...

WilliamTheIrish
11-13-2004, 06:07 PM
Hey WTI I'm just glad I could be here to help you with your pain...

I'd tell you to suck my ****, but I know what pleasure you'd derive from it. :cuss:

And yes, I'm kidding.

DenverChief
11-13-2004, 06:08 PM
I'd tell you to suck my ****, but I know what pleasure you'd derive from it. :cuss:

And yes, I'm kidding.

:LOL: I know your a good sport....I was fully expecting to lose again today...so thanks :p

Den9899
11-13-2004, 06:08 PM
http://www.mcdonalds.hr/shared/logo.gif

WilliamTheIrish
11-13-2004, 06:16 PM

Interesting. They let you post from work? Watch out for the hot grease.

WilliamTheIrish
11-13-2004, 06:27 PM

Gone so quick?

Drive through must be getting crowded....bet it feels pretty cool to wear those headphones and mic? makes ya feel like Brittany, don't it?

DenverChief
11-13-2004, 06:28 PM
Gone so quick?

Drive through must be getting crowded....bet it feels pretty cool to wear those headphones and mic? makes ya feel like Brittany, don't it?

so thats how her titties got bigger? too many Big macs in the drive thru? :hmmm:

Frankie
11-13-2004, 07:14 PM
I think ISU has the best shot.

:banghead: :banghead: ....... And this is from a Cyclone fan!

Spott
11-13-2004, 07:24 PM
:banghead: :banghead: ....... And this is from a Cyclone fan!

I think whoever wins the Big 12 north should pass on playing in the title game. Nobody in that half of the conference deserves to play in anything but the Weedeater bowl.

Saulbadguy
11-13-2004, 07:39 PM
Fvck Brett Bilemma for leaving KSU, and Fvck Bobby Elliot for being such a joke. I'm still upset...the damn season is over. Ah well...I still have one more game to go to to pay the Seniors their respect.

Dave Lane
11-13-2004, 07:44 PM
GD it!!!!!

Don't hold back how do you really feel? ROFL ROFL

Dave

WilliamTheIrish
11-13-2004, 07:46 PM
Fvck Brett Bilemma for leaving KSU, and Fvck Bobby Elliot for being such a joke. I'm still upset...the damn season is over. Ah well...I still have one more game to go to to pay the Seniors their respect.

I'm still p!ssed. This team has major flaws. Talent and coaching. In my memory, I can think of no team that has thrown a 65 yard TD pass, while the defense was in a 3 man rush, and had 8 men in pass coverage, on what should have been the last play of the game. Or the 2nd to last.

It's just not possible. But it happened.

8 guys. 8 ******* guys in coverage.

David.
11-13-2004, 07:47 PM
HA HA[/Nelson Muntz]

Saulbadguy
11-13-2004, 07:50 PM
I'm still p!ssed. This team has major flaws. Talent and coaching. In my memory, I can think of no team that has thrown a 65 yard TD pass, while the defense was in a 3 man rush, and had 8 men in pass coverage, on what should have been the last play of the game. Or the 2nd to last.

It's just not possible. But it happened.

8 guys. 8 ******* guys in coverage.
I just fail to see how they can be so inconsistent. I see some promise on offense with both QB's (more so Webb IMO), but defensively I have no idea what they are going to do next year, with virtually no talent. Special Teams wise, we are pretty much fvcked as well. Joe Rheem is graduating, our only good consistent player on ST's, and both of our punters are inconsistent.

Ah well..I have faith in Bill Snyder to turn things around.

Hydrae
11-13-2004, 07:56 PM
I don't why you are upset with only rushing 3 in that situation. It got Tampa a sack at the end of the game last week! :banghead:

Skip Towne
11-13-2004, 07:57 PM
I just fail to see how they can be so inconsistent. I see some promise on offense with both QB's (more so Webb IMO), but defensively I have no idea what they are going to do next year, with virtually no talent. Special Teams wise, we are pretty much fvcked as well. Joe Rheem is graduating, our only good consistent player on ST's, and both of our punters are inconsistent.

Ah well..I have faith in Bill Snyder to turn things around.
Hey, I hate to rain on your parade (No I don't) but Bill Snyder just turned 65 and may decide he doesn't want to invest in a rebuild. The dude is 5 years older than Marty Shottenheimer. Back to the bottom of college football for the Mildcats.

Saulbadguy
11-13-2004, 07:59 PM
Hey, I hate to rain on your parade (No I don't) but Bill Snyder just turned 65 and may decide he doesn't want to invest in a rebuild. The dude is 5 years older than Marty Shottenheimer. Back to the bottom of college football for the Mildcats.
I don't know about that. He is a workaholic...I see him staying for at least a few more years. But then again, who knows. :shrug:

As for going back to the bottom, I doubt it. At least I hope not.

WilliamTheIrish
11-13-2004, 08:19 PM

Ya know, I miss the days when the old man wasn't such a GD mad scientist.

From day one, I knew things would be different. In his 2nd season, with little talent, the differences could be seen. Guys were flying around, especially on ST's. Blocking punts, FG's, hammering return men.

Today, with better talent up and down the roster, the ST's perform like shiot. It's inexcusable.

On offense, KSU is predictable. In the first 5 years of the turnaround, you never knew when he'd pull a trick play or the surprise on side kick.

Now, he has the QB checking off at the LOS so often, KSU will burn 3 TO's in a span of 5 minutes because audibles are called with :07 on the play clock and they can't get the snap off. All this because the DLine shifted one gap to the right or left.

But when he loosens the reigns, they score points in bunches. Look no further than the MUtt game last week (35 points in 33 minutes) and the 2nd and 4th quarters of the Bluff game as shining examples of how the O runs when Snyder isn't trying to be a genious.

He may be running out of steam. Can't say as I blame him. He's put everything he's got into this university.

Skip Towne
11-13-2004, 08:45 PM
I don't know about that. He is a workaholic...I see him staying for at least a few more years. But then again, who knows. :shrug:

As for going back to the bottom, I doubt it. At least I hope not.
You may want to check K-State's record in football for the 50 years before Snyder showed up. They were the absolute laughingstock of college football. And I see no reason why they won't go right back there when he retires. Manhattan, Ks is an abysmal place to try to lure blue chippers. Snyder can do it but a bevy of others could not. I realize, Saul, that at your age, Snyder football is all you know. But check the record, coach after coach tried to win there and failed. Vince Gibson was the most successful but even he got booted. When Snyder goes, so does K-State football. What do you think William?

Saulbadguy
11-13-2004, 08:51 PM
You may want to check K-State's record in football for the 50 years before Snyder showed up. They were the absolute laughingstock of college football. And I see no reason why they won't go right back there when he retires. Manhattan, Ks is an abysmal place to try to lure blue chippers. Snyder can do it but a bevy of others could not. I realize, Saul, that at your age, Snyder football is all you know. But check the record, coach after coach tried to win there and failed. Vince Gibson was the most successful but even he got booted. When Snyder goes, so does K-State football. What do you think William?
I've seen it. I know of it. As far as Manhattan, KS being an abysmal place to lure blue chippers, I may have agreed with that statement BEFORE KSU had success with football, but that success has put alot in to the town. When was the last time you've been there?

As for Snyder going...who knows what will happen after that. All I know is, KSU has the $$$ to get a good coach, as before, they might not have, and just got lucky with Snyder.

KevB
11-13-2004, 09:05 PM

First of all, Snyder won't be gone for awhile. Second, KSU now has the $ support, facilities and university leadership to continue football success. All, any high schooler that is coming up right now knows is KSU success. They see us win the conference, playing in big bowls, etc. You can reference KSU's history, but this is a different era, with much different variables. Don't expect KSU to fall back for long.

alanm
11-14-2004, 01:15 AM
At least you guys made a game of it. Nebraska just avoided a shut out by hitting a FG with 1 second left in the game. 30-3 Oklahoma. :banghead: We need to beat Colorado the day after Thanksgiving to finish 6-5 If they lose there's 2 more records down the drain. Which would be the first losing record since 1961 and the end of their bowl streak of 35 yrs. At least the game is in Lincoln and not Boulder. Some consulation comes from the fact that Nebraska has the 2nd ranked recruiting list so far according to Rivals. The 2nd ranked RB in the nation Marlon Lucky from Hollywood, Ca accepted a scholorship offer to sign with Nebraska. He turned down USC and Oklahoma to accept Nebraska's offer. So the future does look somewhat bright.:thumb:

Saulbadguy
11-14-2004, 09:15 AM
At least you guys made a game of it. Nebraska just avoided a shut out by hitting a FG with 1 second left in the game. 30-3 Oklahoma. :banghead: We need to beat Colorado the day after Thanksgiving to finish 6-5 If they lose there's 2 more records down the drain. Which would be the first losing record since 1961 and the end of their bowl streak of 35 yrs. At least the game is in Lincoln and not Boulder. Some consulation comes from the fact that Nebraska has the 2nd ranked recruiting list so far according to Rivals. The 2nd ranked RB in the nation Marlon Lucky from Hollywood, Ca accepted a scholorship offer to sign with Nebraska. He turned down USC and Oklahoma to accept Nebraska's offer. So the future does look somewhat bright.:thumb:
Actually, you'd be 5-5, which technically is not a losing record.

Skip Towne
11-14-2004, 09:35 AM
First of all, Snyder won't be gone for awhile. Second, KSU now has the $ support, facilities and university leadership to continue football success. All, any high schooler that is coming up right now knows is KSU success. They see us win the conference, playing in big bowls, etc. You can reference KSU's history, but this is a different era, with much different variables. Don't expect KSU to fall back for long.
Nope, you've got stars in your eyes. The KSU basketball team has all the same things you listed and they stink. It's all Snyder and he's beginning to look like he may have caught Joe Paterno disease.

Frankie
11-14-2004, 10:15 AM
I think whoever wins the Big 12 north should pass on playing in the title game. Nobody in that half of the conference deserves to play in anything but the Weedeater bowl.

Weedeater bowl?.. Nah that's too good. TOILET BOWL is more like it.

Saulbadguy
11-14-2004, 10:35 AM
This isn't the first time KSU has been pitiful this decade. One only needs to look back to 2001 where we luckily finished 6-6. (6-5 regular season, got slaughtered by Syracuse in the Insight.com Bowl) The only difference then was KU was pitiful. (End of the Terry Allen era), and they spotted us a win.

We've seen tough times before. I have faith in Snyder and Company to bounce back.

KevB
11-14-2004, 10:41 AM
Nope, you've got stars in your eyes. The KSU basketball team has all the same things you listed and they stink. It's all Snyder and he's beginning to look like he may have caught Joe Paterno disease.

Are you kidding? KSU basketball doesn't have any of those things. No serious support from boosters, the university or fans. No recent success to sell to recruits....I'm assuming with your statement you're just trying to draw out a response, because you couldn't be more wrong and I hope you realize that.

Skip Towne
11-14-2004, 10:46 AM
Are you kidding? KSU basketball doesn't have any of those things. No serious support from boosters, the university or fans. No recent success to sell to recruits....I'm assuming with your statement you're just trying to draw out a response, because you couldn't be more wrong and I hope you realize that.
Those boosters are there if you win. Jack Hartman had them. Bramlage is nearly new. I call that support from the university. Nope, when Snyder goes, you guys are back in the tank.

Raiderhater
11-14-2004, 11:25 AM
I'm Going To Be Sick

That about sums it up. :shake:

KevB
11-14-2004, 04:19 PM
Those boosters are there if you win. Jack Hartman had them. Bramlage is nearly new. I call that support from the university. Nope, when Snyder goes, you guys are back in the tank.

OK, fishing expedition is over.....I'm done.