PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame/Pitt

Spicy McHaggis
11-13-2004, 05:24 PM
Anyone watch the ND/Pittsburgh game? Great show, this TE named Gill came up with some huge plays for Pitt. Just outmuscled DB after DB for the ball. On a semi-related note Palko (the Pitt QB) was swearing up a storm during his interview after the game. My favorite comment was the "We're Awesome" he spouted off. NBC of course was apologizing immediately for his language and said it "marred" his performance being the 1st Qb ever to hang 5 passing TDs on the Golden Domes.

HolmeZz
11-13-2004, 05:40 PM
If that's all you saw then you missed the most lopsided game in terms of officiating you'll ever see. I really hope the Big East crew that did the game gets investigated, because they completely screwed up the game. And it was so obvious that you'd have to believe it was on purpose. Hopefully Sportscenter or one of those shows breaks down how bad it really was. It was absolutely horrendous.

Spicy McHaggis
11-13-2004, 05:51 PM
yeah Notre Dame got screwed on that PI call. It cost them the game.

HolmeZz
11-13-2004, 05:56 PM

Yeah, that was the straw that broke the camel's back, but there were other calls on that possession alone. During the replay you could tell Palko was clearly over the line on the 4th down flip pass. Then they got bailed out by a weak PI call earlier in that same drive. And in the 3rd quarter, while the Irish were driving, one of the Notre Dame receivers got drilled going over the middle before the ball got to him; there was no flag thrown and the ball ended up being intercepted.

Just awful.

DenverChief
11-13-2004, 05:59 PM
Good I hate ND as much as I hate the Raiderz

HolmeZz
11-13-2004, 06:06 PM
Good I hate ND as much as I hate the Raiderz

nlm

OmahaChief
11-13-2004, 06:16 PM

At least it was not a phantom PI call in the Fiesta Bowl by a Big 12 offical that cost Miami another National Championship. Nothing happened to Terry Porter and nothing will happen to the Big East refs they are like made men.

HolmeZz
11-13-2004, 06:25 PM
It was a phantom PI call. It was 4th and 10 for Pitt from like the 25. Palko got pressured, scrambled a little, and then threw it into the corner of the end zone where it got picked. Everyone celebrated and then a flag came out. Then the replay was shown and there was absolutely no PI at all.

Saulbadguy
11-13-2004, 07:45 PM
Fvck Notre Lame.

Did anyone hear Palko cussing after the game? ROFL NBC had to apologize..haha.

"This is a great fvcking..er..freaking football team"..unedited!

HolmeZz
11-13-2004, 07:49 PM
Don't understand how so many people can hate Notre Dame when a lot of them don't even know a single player on the team. :shrug: