PDA

View Full Version : Hey Saul, guess what's for dinner tonight

Skip Towne
11-14-2004, 09:43 AM
Fricasseed Ichabod. WU will get a dose of humility at the hands of :KU: tonight. How dare they play Purdue close!

Saulbadguy
11-14-2004, 09:51 AM
And guess who is going to the game? :D

Saulbadguy
11-14-2004, 09:57 AM
and yeah, WU is the class of the MIAA IMO, but should be no match for KU. Purdue isn't that good, but it shows how good this WU team is that they played them that close on the road.

Skip Towne
11-14-2004, 10:00 AM
And guess who is going to the game? :D
How'd you manage to get tickets? You'd better get some of that deer piss scent stuff or they will smell the Wildcat on you and boot your azz.

Saulbadguy
11-14-2004, 10:08 AM
How'd you manage to get tickets? You'd better get some of that deer piss scent stuff or they will smell the Wildcat on you and boot your azz.
Cleansing the buck urine off myself as we speak...

This will be my second time to AFH, which is a good thing. I have a "curse". The first time I go to a sports venue, the team I go to see always loses. Last year vs Richmond was my first time there. The seats were all the way up in 13A, in the corner, on the highest row possible. We literally had the worst seats in the house, although I must admit, no seat there was a bad seat. The experience itself was awesome. Also, a bunch of Chiefs players showed up and sat next to us. Shawn Barber was a Richmond alumn, so he was rooting for Richmond. The rest of the players didn't really care, I don't think.

teedubya
11-14-2004, 10:12 AM
yeah, AFH is enough to make any Wildcrap fan to change allegience.

Saulbadguy
11-14-2004, 10:13 AM
yeah, AFH is enough to make any Wildcrap fan to change allegience.
haha..not quite :D

Skip Towne
11-14-2004, 10:25 AM
Cleansing the buck urine off myself as we speak...

This will be my second time to AFH, which is a good thing. I have a "curse". The first time I go to a sports venue, the team I go to see always loses. Last year vs Richmond was my first time there. The seats were all the way up in 13A, in the corner, on the highest row possible. We literally had the worst seats in the house, although I must admit, no seat there was a bad seat. The experience itself was awesome. Also, a bunch of Chiefs players showed up and sat next to us. Shawn Barber was a Richmond alumn, so he was rooting for Richmond. The rest of the players didn't really care, I don't think.
I'm surprised Chiefs players couldn't get better tickets than that. How did you get tickets?

Saulbadguy
11-14-2004, 10:31 AM
I'm surprised Chiefs players couldn't get better tickets than that. How did you get tickets?
Ebay

Saulbadguy
11-14-2004, 11:22 AM
http://kansas.scout.com/2/318599.html

Experimental rules for KU-Washburn match up
By Phog.net Staff
Date: Nov 14, 2004

No, you are not seeing double. The court for the Kansas-Washburn contest will have some new lines taped down as part of the experimental rules for certified games. Changes include an experimental free throw lane that is 1 1/2 feet wider on each side, a three-point line that is extended to 20 feet, six inches and an arc drawn two feet from the cent of the basket to assist with charge/block calls.

Kansas vs. Washburn
Sunday, November 14th
7:00 pm CST
Allen Fieldhouse

The Associated Press and ESPN/USA Today Coaches polls have tabbed Kansas at the top ranked team in the nation entering the 2004-05 season. This is the second time KU has been ranked No. 1 in the first of each poll. In the AP poll, one has to go back to the Wilt Chamberlain era as KU was No. 1 in the first 1956-57 poll

In the coaches' poll, the Jayhawks were No. 1 in the 1996-97 preseason poll and did not relinquish that spot until the final poll of the season when KU finished fifth.

Kansas enters its second exhibition game of 2004 playing host to Washburn. The Jayhawks are coming off a 115-70 win against Emporia State in its first exhibition contest on Nov. 7.

The Jayhawks (5-0 in exhibition in 2004) are under the direction of second-year coach Bill Self who guided KU to a 24-9 record last season and a tie for second place in the Big 12 race at 12-4. His 24 wins tied Dick Harp for the most victories by a KU head coach in his debut season.

KU returns four starters from last year's team and is ranked No. 1 in the Associated Press and ESPN/USA Today Coaches polls. Seniors Keith Langford, Aaron Miles and Wayne Simien and sophomore J.R. Giddens are KU's returning starters. Simien is a preseason AP All-America selection and Preseason Big 12 Player of the Year. Langford was named to the preseason all-conference team as voted on by the coaches and media as well.

Washburn opened exhibition play with 81-72 loss at Purdue last Monday. The Ichabods are defending MIAA champs, posting a 27-5 record last season and return eight letterwinners - including two starters - from the 2003-04 squad. WU is coached by Bob Chipman, who begins his 27th season with the Ichabods with a 586-197 record.

DJay23
11-14-2004, 11:33 AM
As a KU fan, there is no greater feeling than sitting in "the Phog." I went to 3 games my freshman year at KU (had to transfer sophomore year). This was the famed '96-'97 team of LaFrentz, Vaughn, Pierce, Pollard, Haase, and TER-RY NOON-ER! We were number 1 most of the season, then lost to Zona in the Sweet 16.

My first game was versus Okie State. I sat in the second row from the floor behind the North hoop. This was before they put those blue walls up, so if I wanted, I could have easily jumped on the floor and run the court. I got on TV when the cameraman did one of those, "look how crazy and excited these students are," shots. Spike Lee was in town for a speaking engagement at the Lied Center and took in a game. We won something like 106-68 or thereabouts.

My second game was the revenge game versus Mizzou. Mizzou had beaten us in Columbia in triple overtime (we remained number one after the game anyway). It was packed. In fact there were people standing on the benches (as is customary) AND on the floor between benches in the student section. I was in the south end about halfway up. It was a tight game until near the end when some Mizzou bitch fouled LaFrentz hard, then took a half hearted swing at him. We were all so fired up for the game that that almost spilled us over to physically beat the hell out of every Mizzou person in the building. We didn't of course. It was fun chanting, "Sit down NORM!"

My third game was senior day. I sat about 10 rows down from the "Pay Heed All Who Enter: Beware of the Phog" sign. It was against K-State and it was actually a pretty close game. When we started to pull away with about 3 minutes to play, I started doing the Rock Chalk Chant. Maybe it was a bit premature, but the north end followed suit, then the whole field house. Yes, I am taking credit for starting the Chant on one of the most emotional senior days. The speeches were great, especially Jacque's.

The pre game traditions, the feeling of unity with the student body, and the love for the Hawks make AFH the greatest sporting experience of my life. I would imagine Cameron Indoor is above KU as far as atmosphere since is smaller, but not being a Duke fan it wouldn't be as special.

Saulbadguy
11-14-2004, 10:38 PM
They played KU pretty close too Skip. :)

Good game..Chipman always has the Bods prepared.

Skip Towne
11-14-2004, 10:44 PM
They played KU pretty close too Skip. :)

Good game..Chipman always has the Bods prepared.
I only got the report "coach" gave me on here but it sounds like the Ichabods gave a good account of themselves. Pretty good for them. But if I was a good high school player I sure as hell wouldn't become an Ichabod. Chipman must be a wizard to overcome that.

Saulbadguy
11-14-2004, 10:47 PM
I only got the report "coach" gave me on here but it sounds like the Ichabods gave a good account of themselves. Pretty good for them. But if I was a good high school player I sure as hell wouldn't become an Ichabod. Chipman must be a wizard to overcome that.
KU sort of looked flat, didn't hit FG's or FT's, but the line up was toyed with all night. The Bods wouldn't give up, and just played like a scrappy team.

Wouldn't become an Ichabod eh? If you wanted to stay in Kansas, there aren't many other choices...Emporia..or god for bid Pittsburg!

SoCalBronco
11-14-2004, 11:08 PM
whats for dinner? it better be cold cream of rice, saul.

Saulbadguy
11-14-2004, 11:10 PM
whats for dinner? it better be cold cream of rice, saul.
Or perhaps some Cookie Crisp..you know you want it.

SoCalBronco
11-14-2004, 11:20 PM
cookie crisp is okay saul. Actually there is some good count chocola and cinnamon Life in the kitchen but since milk will make my cold and sore throat even more ****ed up i cant have any. Damn.
what was that fake cereal that you fervently asserted existed and i said it didnt?