PDA

View Full Version : The Team that deserved to win won today....

chiefqueen
11-14-2004, 03:49 PM
As a Kansas Citian I am embarrassed, not by the offense or defense, but by the thuggery displayed. I have not seen this type of thuggery displayed since 1998.

Recently my office just hired somebody from New Orleans. The first thing I plan to do when I enter the office tomorrow & is apologize & explain to him that Kansas Citians typically do not act like that.

I also think this was worse than 1998 because the thuggery appeared to be team-wide and not limited to one or two individuals.

The common thread between 1998 & 2004 is Gunther.........he must go TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I much rather have a defense that is a sieve than a team that is representing the city is such a poor manner.

Right now I'm embarrassed to be a Chiefs fan and a Kansas Citian.

I haven't felt this way since 11/17/1998 (the day after the Mon. Night meltdown).

Rain Man
11-14-2004, 03:51 PM
I'll bet someone goes in and beats up that person from New Orleans before you get there tomorrow.

|Zach|
11-14-2004, 03:52 PM
This is not nearly as bad as that Raiders game in the rain at the end of the season a few years ago. Thats the only time ive felt really embaressed about being a Chiefs fan.

Delano
11-14-2004, 03:54 PM
Good thing you are not a Steeler or Brown fan.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-14-2004, 03:55 PM
WTF are you talking about...."thuggery?"

I did take a nap in the middle of the game...did I miss something?

I just saw one shitty team lose to another shitty team.

chiefqueen
11-14-2004, 03:58 PM
I'll bet someone goes in and beats up that person from New Orleans before you get there tomorrow.

Out of 15 in the office we're the only football fans. (Unless they hired a Chief that I did not know about.)

Redcoats58
11-14-2004, 04:02 PM
If you call "thugery" Jerome Woods getting slapped around I would agree. This team wishes it had a few thugs then maybe they could strike some fear into opposing offenses.

chiefqueen
11-14-2004, 04:03 PM
WTF are you talking about...."thuggery?"

I did take a nap in the middle of the game...did I miss something?

I just saw one shitty team lose to another shitty team.

Slapping players on the face, hitting players after the whistle and/or out of bounds. Things that seemed not to happen when Gunther is not associated with this team.

chiefqueen
11-14-2004, 04:08 PM
Good thing you are not a Steeler or Brown fan.

If I lived in Pittburgh or Cleveland & held a similar job in those cities I would have the same concerns. Besides I do not know if the pregame fight was isolated incident.

patteeu
11-14-2004, 04:09 PM
I'm a little embarrassed that you're a Chiefs fan too. :p

Thuggery was the least of our problems today IMO. Dumb penalties? Yes. Completely incompetent? Maybe. Thuggery? I don't think so.

patteeu
11-14-2004, 04:17 PM
Slapping players on the face, hitting players after the whistle and/or out of bounds. Things that seemed not to happen when Gunther is not associated with this team.

The Jared Allen late hit was excusable IMO. Even if the whistle had blown, the play appeared to be in progress and Allen was just moving the pile like he's supposed to do. I saw no visual indication that anyone involved at the pileup was stopping their effort. If Allen actually heard the whistle (assuming there actually was a whistle) then that would be one thing, but judging from his reaction on the sideline I find it hard to believe that he heard it.

The Wesley hands to the face (x2 I think) were stupid, but that's not what I'd call thuggery. Cheap shots, clear late hits when the opposing player is relaxing, attempts to injure, spearing, intentional helmet-to-helmet... these are the things I'd call thuggery. The rest is football (or in this case maybe, stupid football). I think there was a roughing the passer call too, but I was in the bathroom and missed it so I can't comment on that one.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-14-2004, 04:19 PM
OH attitude...yea we could use more of that. It can't get out of control...but we could defiantely use a little intimidation factor for once.

Coach
11-14-2004, 04:20 PM
The Jared Allen late hit was excusable IMO. Even if the whistle had blown, the play appeared to be in progress and Allen was just moving the pile like he's supposed to do. I saw no visual indication that anyone involved at the pileup was stopping their effort. If Allen actually heard the whistle (assuming there actually was a whistle) then that would be one thing, but judging from his reaction on the sideline I find it hard to believe that he heard it.

The Wesley hands to the face (x2 I think) were stupid, but that's not what I'd call thuggery. Cheap shots, clear late hits when the opposing player is relaxing, attempts to injure, spearing, intentional helmet-to-helmet... these are the things I'd call thuggery. The rest is football (or in this case maybe, stupid football). I think there was a roughing the passer call too, but I was in the bathroom and missed it so I can't comment on that one.

If you are talking about Fujita's roughing the passer call, that was a bullshit call as well. What is Fuji supposed to do? Let the QB run around him before he threw the ball? Fuji hit him cleanly right after the ball was thrown, and you and I both know, how sensitive the f**king NFL is sensitive to QB's which they probably told the officials to throw the flag if someone laid a finger on them.

chiefqueen
11-14-2004, 04:23 PM
I'm a little embarrassed that you're a Chiefs fan too. :p

Thuggery was the least of our problems today IMO. Dumb penalties? Yes. Completely incompetent? Maybe. Thuggery? I don't think so.

I think I have a right not to see a veteran team commit five personal fouls (and the refs could've called more IMO - I saw couple of defenders pile on Brooks as he was being sacked). Pushing people when the play is over time after time is not being incompetent.........it's being a thug IMO.

Coach
11-14-2004, 04:25 PM
I think I have a right not to see a veteran team commit five personal fouls (and the refs could've called more IMO - I saw couple of defenders pile on Brooks as he was being sacked). Pushing people when the play is over time after time is not being incompetent.........it's being a thug IMO.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree. We're supposed to be pushing people/moving the pile/piling on when there is no whistle being blown. When the whistle blows, then that's where they should stop.

patteeu
11-14-2004, 04:30 PM
If you are talking about Fujita's roughing the passer call, that was a bullshit call as well. What is Fuji supposed to do? Let the QB run around him before he threw the ball? Fuji hit him cleanly right after the ball was thrown, and you and I both know, how sensitive the f**king NFL is sensitive to QB's which they probably told the officials to throw the flag if someone laid a finger on them.

That's depressing information. Like I said, I missed that play.

I also forgot to mention the Jerome Woods late shove. Absolutely stupid move.

Coach
11-14-2004, 04:31 PM
Yeah. Whatever it is, they better clean that shit up. At least the good thing is nobody grabbed someone's facemask and swung it around all over the place yet...

RedNFeisty
11-14-2004, 04:42 PM
I have to completely disagree. I think the Chiefs need to be more aggressive. They need to instill fear into the opponents. I think the problem is the Chiefs are not playing with heart or determination. Everyone complained about how Carl Peterson and the front office did nothing in the off season to improve the team other then bringing in Gun. How do you think the players might feel. They knew they needed improvements just like everyone else did. I think that is where the whole problem started this year.

Again, as for the thuggish play, bring it on baby. I want to see players act like Night Train, or Ray Lewis, and Butkis. Bring back the morals and passion of Lombardi!!