PDA

View Full Version : Biggest underachieving Chiefs team I've ever seen!

PunkinDrublic
11-14-2004, 04:02 PM
I think Whitlock was right in his column earier this year where he accused several Chiefs players of content to be Pro bowlers and not seeming to care about taking the team to the next level. There are teams right now that have way less talent than the Chiefs that seem destined for a playoff berth. I think the offensive line started to believe it's own press clippings after the Atlanta game. The offense as a whole played with no since of urgency and seemed to sleepwalk through this whole game. For the second game in a row Trent was sacked by a three man rush that is inexcusable. The defense gave up big plays but they gave the offense multiple chances to get back into the game. The saints tried to rollover but the Chiefs lackluster effort made believers out of them. Notice how the Saints attitude seemed to change after the Chiefs failed to get a td in the red zone on that first quarter drive. IMO everything wrong with this team points to its lack of desire.

mikey23545
11-14-2004, 04:09 PM
The offense has become completely complacent and thinks every loss will automatically be blamed on the defense....

This loss, like 2 or 3 others this year, were completely and absolutely on the shoulders of the offense. Everytime the game is on the line, they choke it away...