PDA

View Full Version : Get Rid of Priest?

Demonpenz
11-14-2004, 04:27 PM
Maybe get rid of priest in favor of young legs? It is being discussed right now on 810 and several message board. In this league you have to keep your young fresh guys.

Hammock Parties
11-14-2004, 04:28 PM
WHO IS, exactly?

Braincase
Keep Priest. Ditch Carl.

Phobia
Who is? Explain, please.

Demonpenz
11-14-2004, 04:30 PM
Just some interesting things on 810. They talked about how in the nfl you have to stay with the fresh legs. With priest retiring in a couple years, they were talking about making a trade with priest to make the D better. I can see the point. Priest maybe has 2 years left, Blaylock maybe 3 or 4.

Demonpenz
11-14-2004, 04:31 PM
I don't really like the plan that much. I want priest in the hall of fame as a chief, but it is interesting. I think we could get by with blaylock, but it's damn sure we can't get by with this defense

el borracho
WHO IS, exactly?
Crazy people. Pay them no attention.

Deberg_1990
Just some interesting things on 810. They talked about how in the nfl you have to stay with the fresh legs. With priest retiring in a couple years, they were talking about making a trade with priest to make the D better. I can see the point. Priest maybe has 2 years left, Blaylock maybe 3 or 4.

Yea i just heard it as well......I would do it if it meant we got an Impact Defensive Player, like what Denver did with Portis and Champ

ChiefFripp
At this pount, they owe it to Priest to play with a winner. The Chiefs look for ways to lose games.

Redcoats58
11-14-2004, 04:32 PM
I believe Blaylock is only 25 right? So I would say he has more than 3 or 4 years left in him.

Spicy McHaggis
11-14-2004, 04:32 PM
Blaylock should have more than 3 or 4 years left in him. He's only 25. He should be in his prime in 3 years.

Phobia
11-14-2004, 04:33 PM

Oh. Well, I could get on board with that assuming we get proper compensation for Priest and resign Blaylock. I don't see anybody giving up too much, though.

Demonpenz
We wasted priests prime, better not do it with blaylocks.

jspchief
Considering how we just gave Holmes a big contract, I seriously doubt that we'd get rid of him for "fresh legs".

And that's ignoring the fact that there is no reasonable excuse to get rid of Holmes. He's done everything we've asked him to. It would make more sense to get rid of the entire team except Priest.

ROYC75
11-14-2004, 04:34 PM
Keep in mind, Blaylock looked good, but it was the Saints !

Demonpenz
11-14-2004, 04:34 PM
Who is a young D player and a team that needs RB help. Maybe we can steal a corner from miami

Valiant
11-14-2004, 04:44 PM
Considering how we just gave Holmes a big contract, I seriously doubt that we'd get rid of him for "fresh legs".

And that's ignoring the fact that there is no reasonable excuse to get rid of Holmes. He's done everything we've asked him to. It would make more sense to get rid of the entire team except Priest.

teams would pay for him...almost 80tds in 3 years...but anything less then a top D player and multiple 1sts would be worthless...

dirk digler
11-14-2004, 04:46 PM
Bad idea IMO.

Sure-Oz
11-14-2004, 04:46 PM
No way get rid of priest **** that! If Carl wants to make a better defense they can do it, don't ****ing trade our best player, no way! I want to win a championship with Priest on our team, blasphemy i tell ya!!!

jcroft
11-14-2004, 04:48 PM
I'm not in favor of trading Priest, but Roy -- Blaylock has looked good nearly every time he's gotten into a game -- not just against the Saints.

Blaylock looks destined to be a star, especially if he can play in an offense similar to this one -- he's masterful on screens, draws, etc.

Phobia
11-14-2004, 04:48 PM
No way get rid of priest **** that! If Carl wants to make a better defense they can do it, don't ****ing trade our best player, no way! I want to win a championship with Priest on our team, blasphemy i tell ya!!!

Be realistic. That's not gonna happen during Priest's contract. Why not parlay the guy into some assistance rebuilding the defense? We need to replace 7-8 of these starters and you can't do that in a season.

HolmeZz
11-14-2004, 04:50 PM
As much as other teams would like to have Priest, he's over 30 and he's banged up. We wouldn't get much for him.

jspchief
11-14-2004, 04:51 PM
teams would pay for him...almost 80tds in 3 years...but anything less then a top D player and multiple 1sts would be worthless...

I'm not so sure. GMs don't want a vet at RB, especially a high priced one. They rarely pan out. The reason KC was willing to pay the big money was a combination of his talent, the fit in our scheme, and public relations. The FO probably doesn't think they'll get value out of his current contract, but they got great value cheap when he first played for us. Besides, it would have been a PR nightmare to not keep him.

ChiefFripp
11-14-2004, 04:52 PM
Yeah I was kidding. No F*cking way do you give up Priest.

Sure-Oz
11-14-2004, 04:56 PM
Be realistic. That's not gonna happen during Priest's contract. Why not parlay the guy into some assistance rebuilding the defense? We need to replace 7-8 of these starters and you can't do that in a season.
Honestly that is a tough pill to swallow for me, if we got the right deal yeah, but that is just tough to think chiefs football without him on the team and you are right in a sense but we just need an average d i'd think a few decent players in there. This is interesting to say the least, i'd hate to see him tear it up in another uni.

FringeNC
11-14-2004, 04:58 PM
Priest was talking about retiring last year...no team is going to give us much for him. It's going to be hard for the Chiefs to let Blaylock walk, but they have no other option.

Valiant
11-14-2004, 05:08 PM
I'm not so sure. GMs don't want a vet at RB, especially a high priced one. They rarely pan out. The reason KC was willing to pay the big money was a combination of his talent, the fit in our scheme, and public relations. The FO probably doesn't think they'll get value out of his current contract, but they got great value cheap when he first played for us. Besides, it would have been a PR nightmare to not keep him.

Yes but you are using rational thought, pretend you are CP...
And i believe Miami,Philly,Arizona would do it..

ck_IN
11-14-2004, 05:19 PM
So much fantasy.

Outside of Portis/Baily name me the last blockbuster player trade in the NFL.

I can think of a few player/draft pick trades but player for player? Nothing comes to mind. Even if we got a top 5 #1 for Priest are any of us comfortable with CP and DV doing the drafting?

Also a rookie counts for nothing in their first year or two. Some produce but most need to get up to speed. Are you all willing to watch Priest tear up things at where ever while our #1 pick develops?

LiL stumppy
11-14-2004, 05:36 PM
yea and move LJ to a full back :(

BigRedChief
11-14-2004, 05:57 PM
WTF? No way. King Carl needs to go not Priest.

Who you going to get for him?

Ty Law? McCallister? Who?

Sure-Oz
11-14-2004, 06:03 PM
There is only 1 priest and i think i'd rather have him, he will not get us multiple players and 1 player may not be enough for us and this d.

kansas hawk
11-14-2004, 08:04 PM
only trade him if they get a herschel walker type deal. other wise keep him untill he breaks down.