PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Care How Good the Mechanic Is...the Engine Won't Run Without Spark Plugs

RINGLEADER
11-14-2004, 05:17 PM
The "Gunther will make a difference" fantasy can finally be put to rest.

The Chiefs can build on Jared Allen and Lionel Dalton on D-Line, but need new DE and new DT (unless Sims decides he's going to step up sometime in the near-future).

The Chiefs have nothing at LB. They need to start from scratch.

The Chiefs have maybe one adequate nickel or maybe dime CB among Warfield/McCleon/Bartee, but need two new starters at CB.

The Chiefs have one adequate safety among Wesley and Harts, but nothing outstanding.

So, by my count, we need a new starting DT, a new starting DE, three new starting LBs, two new starting CBs and at least one new starting safety.

Of course I won't be holding my breath that they make these changes. It's sad to see so much offensive talent wasted on the complete lack of talent on the defensive side of the ball.

Bwana
11-14-2004, 05:21 PM
I have said this from the start, you can't polish a turd. We need to make some major changes in the off season, or we can look forward to more of the same. The only way to fix this is to take out the trash. The magic wand doesn't work in this case.

el borracho
11-14-2004, 05:28 PM
Please, please, please let us take an all-pro DE with our first pick in the draft next year.

Garcia Bronco
11-14-2004, 05:37 PM
I think you guys should stand pat...or at least I hope you do.

Bob Dole
11-14-2004, 05:38 PM
Ross Perot is in tha hizzouse.

Hammock Parties
11-14-2004, 05:39 PM
I still think Fujita is a good building block at LB.

Sure-Oz
11-14-2004, 05:42 PM
We need several new players next season on D, hopefully make some good choices in the draft as well. We need a major playmaker on the line and at CB. Mckenzie would;ve looked good too bad.

David.
11-14-2004, 06:37 PM
boy oh boy. Then we get to retool the offensive line find a new QB some WR's. I bet we're gonna be GREAT the next 3 years.

LiL stumppy
11-14-2004, 06:46 PM
The "Gunther will make a difference" fantasy can finally be put to rest.

The Chiefs can build on Jared Allen and Lionel Dalton on D-Line, but need new DE and new DT (unless Sims decides he's going to step up sometime in the near-future).

The Chiefs have nothing at LB. They need to start from scratch.

The Chiefs have maybe one adequate nickel or maybe dime CB among Warfield/McCleon/Bartee, but need two new starters at CB.

The Chiefs have one adequate safety among Wesley and Harts, but nothing outstanding.

So, by my count, we need a new starting DT, a new starting DE, three new starting LBs, two new starting CBs and at least one new starting safety.

Of course I won't be holding my breath that they make these changes. It's sad to see so much offensive talent wasted on the complete lack of talent on the defensive side of the ball.

I want to see Siavii play some.

Hammock Parties
11-14-2004, 06:55 PM
boy oh boy. Then we get to retool the offensive line find a new QB some WR's. I bet we're gonna be GREAT the next 3 years.

We can be average on both sides of the ball! Yay! Maybe Dante Hall can return 14 kicks for TDs to win a few games.