PDA

View Full Version : Is Carl Petersen fixin' to steal Al Davis' draft pick?

Ugly Duck
11-14-2004, 06:59 PM
2005 Draft: The race for the #1 pick.....

#1..... Miami
#2..... San Francisco
#3..... Carolina
#4..... Titans
#5..... Oakland
#6..... Redskins
#7..... Chiefs

Hammock Parties
11-14-2004, 07:00 PM
We need that game thread summary, stat.

SoCalRaider
11-14-2004, 07:17 PM
2005 Draft: The race for the #1 pick.....

#1..... Miami
#2..... San Francisco
#3..... Carolina
#4..... Titans
#5..... Oakland
#6..... Redskins
#7..... Chiefs
:hmmm:

There are 8 teams in the NFL with 3 wins. What did you do, use your own coin flip?

SoCalBronco
11-14-2004, 07:38 PM
yeah im starting to get worried about that. Hopefully the Chiefs can go 8-8 or so.

Garcia Bronco
11-14-2004, 08:04 PM
You guys are a couple of SoCal's

David.
11-14-2004, 08:23 PM
how cute

Ugly Duck
11-15-2004, 12:05 AM
There are 8 teams in the NFL with 3 wins. What did you do, use your own coin flip?Division record, then conference record. Just like in real life.

Ugly Duck
11-15-2004, 12:08 AM
We need that game thread summary, stat.I only compile Cliff Notes of Chiefs victories.... its just too cruel to post a gamethread summary on a KC board after a KC loss. Win a game and I'll work my magic again. And stay away from our draft pick!!

cdcox
11-15-2004, 12:12 AM
Division record, then conference record. Just like in real life.

Wrong leisure suit breath. From SI.com:

The draft order is based on a team's record and strength-of-schedule. In slotting teams with the same record, the team whose opponents had the weakest schedule picks ahead of the team whose opponents had the next weakest schedule and so forth for that group.

In the event of ties (teams with the same record and the same strength-of-schedule), the first applicable tiebreaker (head-to-head, divisional record, or conference record) is used, with the tiebreak loser getting the higher selection in Round 1. If there are no applicable tiebreakers (as would be the case with teams from opposite conferences that did not face each other), ties are broken by coin toss.

The Super Bowl winner and loser will draft 32nd and 31st, respectively. Other playoff teams, as they are eliminated from the postseason, move to the end of their group regardless of strength-of-schedule. If teams with the same record drop out in the same playoff week they are positioned at the end of the group and strength-of-schedule will determine their sequence. Teams coming back into their group in different playoff weeks are placed in the group with the team(s) that advanced further being placed behind the team(s) that dropped in earlier.

Once the first round sequence has been established, in subsequent rounds teams rotate within their won-loss grouping with the team that picked earliest in the previous round moving to the last position of the group while others move up.

Ugly Duck
11-15-2004, 12:22 AM
The draft order is based on a team's record and strength-of-schedule. Oh yeah.... I was using the playoff slot formula. The draft order is a different story - my bad. Dang.... you Chiefs could already be in a higher draft position than Oakland right now as we speak! I hope you guyz draft Larry Johnson again....

DaWolf
11-15-2004, 12:41 AM
Oh yeah.... I was using the playoff slot formula. The draft order is a different story - my bad. Dang.... you Chiefs could already be in a higher draft position than Oakland right now as we speak! I hope you guyz draft Larry Johnson again....

Touche...
ROFL

SoCalRaider
11-15-2004, 01:04 AM
Division record, then conference record. Just like in real life.
In real life I believe it's based on head to head, followed by strength of schedule... except when there's an 8 way tie.

SoCalRaider
11-15-2004, 01:06 AM
In the event of ties (teams with the same record and the same strength-of-schedule), the first applicable tiebreaker (head-to-head, divisional record, or conference record) is used, with the tiebreak loser getting the higher selection in Round 1. If there are no applicable tiebreakers (as would be the case with teams from opposite conferences that did not face each other), ties are broken by coin toss.
I posted before I read your reply... but this sounds right. :thumb: