PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Offense! What a waste!

chiefsfan1963
11-14-2004, 09:34 PM
Guys this has been really tough for me to watch. 3-6 and we still have a Super Bowl Offense. Go figure! Well it looks like we are now the spoiler team for the rest of the season. I know the masses want DV's head right now, but I want DV for his last year of his career. All will be forgotten if he brings us the Lombardi Trophy next year. My only wish is that we get a top 5 pick in the Draft next year. If we do watch out! I'm really sorry about this whole season. I wish this season was over right now, but unfortunately we have 12 more weeks of this. I know all of us have pride and we are all Diehard Chiefs Fans. Despite all the times we bicker with each other, I love you guys!!!!!!! :thumb:

htismaqe
11-15-2004, 06:32 AM
This is NOT a Super Bowl offense. Super Bowl offenses WIN games in crunch time, not throw INT's in the red zone.

old_geezer
11-15-2004, 06:40 AM
This is NOT a Super Bowl offense. Super Bowl offenses WIN games in crunch time, not throw INT's in the red zone.

I second that statement. This offense is more like the bully you feared in high school. It looks and acts big and mean, but stand up to it and put some pressure on it and most of the time it will turn and run away. Crunch time becomes crunched time.

Thig Lyfe
11-15-2004, 06:41 AM

SHUT UP! WE ARE TOO A SUPERBOWL DEFENSE!!!!

:deevee:

NewChief
11-15-2004, 07:25 AM

Agreed. The Defense was pathetic yesterday, but the Offense's inability to put up points, despite gaudy yardage statistics, was even more distressing.

Every time I see us get a bad break, I remind myself that good teams find a way to overcome those bad breaks. We're not a good team.

Gaz
11-15-2004, 07:42 AM

Exactly.

xoxo~
Gaz
Was fooled just like the rest of the fans.

MichaelH
11-15-2004, 07:46 AM
Every time I see us get a bad break, I remind myself that good teams find a way to overcome those bad breaks. We're not a good team.

Exactly! The Chiefs marched right down the field on their first possession. Then, after penalties and a Morton fumble, they instantly imploded and fell apart. Good teams overcome obstacles and find ways to win. The team has no heart and that's why the media has so much fun blasting the team.

htismaqe
11-15-2004, 11:06 AM
Exactly! The Chiefs marched right down the field on their first possession. Then, after penalties and a Morton fumble, they instantly imploded and fell apart. Good teams overcome obstacles and find ways to win. The team has no heart and that's why the media has so much fun blasting the team.

Same thing happened last week.

This team has no heart and no guts.

They're like a machine. A soul-less machine that compiles stats.

MichaelH
11-15-2004, 11:09 AM

Much like their HC, only he spouts stats.

stevieray
11-15-2004, 11:18 AM
Same thing happened last week.

This team has no heart and no guts.

This doesn't apply to Trent Green.

MichaelH
11-15-2004, 11:21 AM

Agreed! I wish his enthusiasm was contagious to players on the other side of the ball. :(

cash1000
11-15-2004, 11:23 AM
This a Superbowl offense. Neither of the interceptions were because of dumb throws. When Trent threw the shuttle to pass to Priest while being sacked on a similar play no one was complaining! This is Superbowl offense its been wasted on a defense that ranks damn near last in the league the LAST FOUR YEARS!

NewChief
11-15-2004, 11:24 AM

It was funny (not Haha funny) yesterday, though. That announcer was slobbering all over Trent, talking about how he has the hottest hand in football, how he's playing better than any QB in the league, how he's totally THE MAN. My wife turns to me and says, "I wish he'd shut up. He's going to jinx Trent." Sure enough, the O's play went downhill shortly after that.

HC_Chief
11-15-2004, 11:26 AM
The INT on the tip was on Trent... he should have tucked it and ran for the first down. Bad decision... very costly. I have faith, however, that he will learn from it.

The first INT is 100% Morton. The ball went precisely where it should have... would have hit Morton between the numbers if he had not have fallen down. :rolleyes:

stevieray
11-15-2004, 11:33 AM
what is interesting to me is, in the past, I'd be like "ok, two minute drill, you can pull it off..."

Yesterday I couldn't help feel like i'm tired of hoping the offense will get it done.

This team is losing becuse of both the offense and the defense.

turnover ratio/18 less (biggest drop in the NFL)
fourth qtr points (used to be best in the league)
red zone offense (keeps dropping)
penalties (we have more now,than all of last year)
ST's (depeleted starters and new blocking rule)

NewChief
11-15-2004, 11:39 AM
what is interesting to me is, in the past, I'd be like "ok, two minute drill, you can pull it off..."

Yesterday I couldn't help feel like i'm tired of hoping the offense will get it done.

This team is losing becuse of both the offense and the defense.

turnover ratio/18 less (biggest drop in the NFL)
fourth qtr points (used to be best in the league)
red zone offense (keeps dropping)
penalties (we have more now,than all of last year)
ST's (depeleted starters and new blocking rule)

There is definitely a pall of negativity over the team. I have no confidence in their ability to get it done in the 2-minute drill. What's worse: they have no confidence.

Last year, you could just feel it. 1:30 to go? No big deal. We'll pull it out. This year that is not the feeling.

chiefsfan1963
11-15-2004, 01:29 PM
Man you guys are tough! Losing can effect any team the way you describe. Their lack of confidence is understandable given their 3-6 record. I don't care what you guys say this is a Super Bowl Offense. Many that are negative right now are just pissed b/c you know our offense is damn good, and it's tough to imagine that it will have to sit this playoff season on the sidelines. This team has pride. I'm not going to abandon them, and start second guessing everything they do from here on out. I'll leave that to you guys. You're pros, I'm just an amateur when it comes to this.

This season is over, but the DV's Chiefs are not through making some noise. They're be back next year better than ever. I will compare this season to other seasons other very good teams had to experience coming off a very strong year. These teams bounced back the following year going very deep in the playoffs and one I can remember made it all the way!!!!!! Yeah the NE Patriots last year!

chiefsfan1963
11-15-2004, 11:11 PM
Man you guys are tough! Losing can effect any team the way you describe. Their lack of confidence is understandable given their 3-6 record. I don't care what you guys say this is a Super Bowl Offense. Many that are negative right now are just pissed b/c you know our offense is damn good, and it's tough to imagine that it will have to sit this playoff season on the sidelines. This team has pride. I'm not going to abandon them, and start second guessing everything they do from here on out. I'll leave that to you guys. You're pros, I'm just an amateur when it comes to this.

This season is over, but the DV's Chiefs are not through making some noise. They're be back next year better than ever. I will compare this season to other seasons other very good teams had to experience coming off a very strong year. These teams bounced back the following year going very deep in the playoffs and one I can remember made it all the way!!!!!! Yeah the NE Patriots last year!

I didn't think anyone would touch this one.
:thumb:

KCWolfman
11-15-2004, 11:25 PM
I don't see our offense as comparable to the Colts, the Eagles, or the Vikings.

It is a very good offense, but not the best.

Add in a WR at least, then you are talking SB offense.

KCJohnny
11-16-2004, 10:14 PM
This a Superbowl offense. Neither of the interceptions were because of dumb throws. When Trent threw the shuttle to pass to Priest while being sacked on a similar play no one was complaining! This is Superbowl offense its been wasted on a defense that ranks damn near last in the league the LAST FOUR YEARS!

Who do you blame for that????