PDA

View Full Version : Will the CHIEFS fans BOYCOTT's Monday nights game?

Chief Henry
11-15-2004, 10:33 AM
I was not going anyway...I'm just curious if 1/3 of the seats being empty
next Monday night might have some sort of an effect on LaMar and Carl
or the players.

If I had season ticket I would eat them and not show up. This is coming from a guy who would have killed to go to a CHIEFS game
for the last 30years....

What say you. :hmmm:

NewChief
11-15-2004, 10:34 AM
Hell no, they won't boycott.

Chief Henry
11-15-2004, 10:36 AM
I EXPECT more from the Chiefs than what we are getting. Empty seats on national TV might just
embarres LaMar enough to call CARL to STFU @STFD......(only in my dreams).

Yes I'm close to jumping off the Carl Peterson bandwagon. Has has NOT given us what we want.

BigChiefFan
11-15-2004, 10:40 AM
As upset as I am with them, my money is already invested into going to the game. I would love to get results out of boycotting the team, but they've already pocketed my money, so what good would it do?

Nzoner
11-15-2004, 10:43 AM
If I had season ticket I would eat them and not show up. This is coming from a guy who would have killed to go to a CHIEFS game
for the last 30years....

What say you. :hmmm:

I say that's easy to say when you don't have tickets.

2bikemike
11-15-2004, 10:44 AM
Why would a FAN boycott his team?
MNF in one of the greatest venues of all time!

BigRedChief
11-15-2004, 10:45 AM
this is just anger. righteous anger but still misplaced anger. We need to think this boycott idea through a little better.

shaneo69
11-15-2004, 10:45 AM
No, I'm not boycotting. But I'll probably be booing my ass off.

Brock
11-15-2004, 10:46 AM
They're playing the world champs. The seats will be full.

ptlyon
11-15-2004, 10:47 AM
Why would a FAN boycott his team?

Yup. I lived through the 80's, I can live through this.

Chief Henry
11-15-2004, 10:48 AM
As upset as I am with them, my money is already invested into going to the game. I would love to get results out of boycotting the team, but they've already pocketed my money, so what good would it do?

SInce I'm not a season ticket holder and have not invested all that $$$
I can't honestly tell you what to do. I can't even tell you if a boycott
on Monday nights game would do anygood.

But one thing that men with ego's dont' like is being shown up. Carl and Lamar both have ego's. If on Monday night You have John Madden and Co. talking about all the empty seats with PICTURES on TV of the EMPTY Seats, that {should} start a BURN in LaMars BUTT. The one thing CARL has prided himself on during the Carl ERA was a FULL Stadium with lots of "atmosphere" aka BAR BQ, Smoke filled stadium
and rowdy fans with NOISE NOISE AND NOISE.... John Madden would be right on QUE to make some comments about how Chiefs fans are
fed up with the product on the field by not turning out on MONDAY night Football. Remember the MONDAY night MEltdown???? LaMar and Carl
was embarressed. If 1/2 to 1/3 of the seats were empty for the BIG
SHOW on Monday Night, that would have to send a MESSAGE.

MichaelH
11-15-2004, 10:49 AM
If I had a ticket, I'd go no matter what. Maybe instead of a boycott, everyone could put brown bags on their heads. Yeah, I know, it's been done before. But Madden would have a field day with it.

Nzoner
11-15-2004, 10:49 AM
this is just anger. righteous anger but still misplaced anger. We need to think this boycott idea through a little better.

The idea of boycotting the game is stupid,the idea of boycotting the game coming from someone who is not a season ticket holder is pure dumbassery.

No way in hell do I miss Monday Night Football,or an opportunity to tailgate beforehand.Personally,I'm boycotting the concessions but still supporting my team by showing up.

ptlyon
11-15-2004, 10:52 AM
Maybe everyone should wear black and silver to the game to illustrate what this team has turned into?

Nzoner
11-15-2004, 10:53 AM
Maybe everyone should wear black and silver to the game to illustrate what this team has turned into?

Or all black to represent that we are in mourning.

Chief Henry
11-15-2004, 10:55 AM
I say that's easy to say when you don't have tickets.

Your right, I don't have seaosn tickets. Thats why I can't tell you what to do. However, we as fans ARE NOT getting a quality product on the field. The MNF iis the BIGGEST SHOW every weekend for the NFL.
THE intire NFL KNOWS ARROWHEAD IS A ROCKING PLACE for the CHIEFS.....Can you imagine the feelings LaMar and Carl would have
if we had 10,000-15,000 EMPTY seats in front of the BIG TIME
Natioal audience???

For Christ sakes, we've only been a 500 ball club for the last 6-7 years.
When the last time we won a FREAKING PLAYOFF GAME. :cuss:

Christ, we drafted LARRY JOHNSON in the first round.

Dartgod
11-15-2004, 10:58 AM
Do we really need another one of these dumbass threads?

BigChiefFan
11-15-2004, 10:59 AM
SInce I'm not a season ticket holder and have not invested all that $$$
I can't honestly tell you what to do. I can't even tell you if a boycott
on Monday nights game would do anygood.

But one thing that men with ego's dont' like is being shown up. Carl and Lamar both have ego's. If on Monday night You have John Madden and Co. talking about all the empty seats with PICTURES on TV of the EMPTY Seats, that {should} start a BURN in LaMars BUTT. The one thing CARL has prided himself on during the Carl ERA was a FULL Stadium with lots of "atmosphere" aka BAR BQ, Smoke filled stadium
and rowdy fans with NOISE NOISE AND NOISE.... John Madden would be right on QUE to make some comments about how Chiefs fans are
fed up with the product on the field by not turning out on MONDAY night Football. Remember the MONDAY night MEltdown???? LaMar and Carl
was embarressed. If 1/2 to 1/3 of the seats were empty for the BIG
SHOW on Monday Night, that would have to send a MESSAGE.
I think what you are saying COULD have an impact, but this is the Lamar Hunt that you think will be affected by this, is the same guy that heard critisism by the COMMISSIONER of football about our crap defense and he chose to pocket an extra $ 6 million over having the FO actually get out and improve the team.

Swanman
11-15-2004, 10:59 AM
. , that {should} start a BURN in LaMars BUTT.

I'm sure Lamar has enough money left over after signing bonuses to buy a couple tubes of prep H to take care of that problem.

KC Dan
11-15-2004, 11:00 AM
My take, No way in hell do I miss this game. It may be our last Monday night game for a couple of years. Especially after this 6-10 or 5-11 season. I go for the tailgating and being with friends anyhow. A Chiefs victory while great is only icing on the cake for me.

And I fly from Washington for the games. Whiners - STFD & STFU!

Brock
11-15-2004, 11:01 AM

Incredibly tiresome, isn't it? Hell, if they want to boycott, they should start with this board.

Chief Henry
11-15-2004, 11:02 AM
The idea of boycotting the game is stupid,the idea of boycotting the game coming from someone who is not a season ticket holder is pure dumbassery.

No way in hell do I miss Monday Night Football,or an opportunity to tailgate beforehand.Personally,I'm boycotting the concessions but still supporting my team by showing up.

We will keep getting what were getting if we keep doing what were doing... If we keep spending our $$$ we will keep getting the product that we have.

The Aints 27
The Chefs 20

That pains me to no end to call the Chiefs the Chefs. One sports
announcer in DSM, Iowa has called the Chiefs the CHEFS forever and it use to piss me off. He's a big bronco fan and I use to call him up and get into it with him.

We have a < mediocre football team. Thats not acceptable to me.
Not after all this time.

Nzoner
11-15-2004, 11:03 AM
My take, No way in hell do I miss this game. It may be our last Monday night game for a couple of years. Especially after this 6-10 or 5-11 season. I go for the tailgating and being with friends anyhow. A Chiefs victory while great is only icing on the cake for me.

And I fly from Washington for the games. Whiners - STFD & STFU!

That's long distance REP.:thumb:

vckcchiefs04
11-15-2004, 11:05 AM
As mad as I am about this abortion of a season.... there is noway we have empty seats at Arrowhead..... plus Monday night against the world champs, no way. You want to make an impact.... take a bus to the game or park outside the parking lots so they get no parking money, don't buy any food or beer in the stadium, and don't buy an merchandise in the stadium.... this is the play money they love!

BigChiefFan
11-15-2004, 11:08 AM
Incredibly tiresome, isn't it? Hell, if they want to boycott, they should start with this board.Why even open the thread if it's so tiresome? I won't apologize for being displeased with the whole off-season philosophy and the more we lose, the more it makes sense to let them know we aren't happy about it.

shaneo69
11-15-2004, 11:09 AM
No, you know what? After thinking about this idea for a minute, I realized what would actually happen if people boycotted. If only half the stands were full, John Madden would go on and on about how he thought that KC fans were supposed to be the best in the league but now they've apparently given up on their team. I'm sure by the end of the broadcast, Madden would have the whole country believing that Chiefs fans are the biggest bunch of bandwagoners around and that KC doesn't deserve a team if their fans don't bother showing up for MNF.

Chief Henry
11-15-2004, 11:09 AM

No we don't need another thread like this, but it lets me rant.

I actually got mad at my wife after the game on sunday. All she did was call me and talk to me on the phone. I was so pissed at our performance. I've never done that before.

What else can the average fan do to make a statement on how we feel
about the CHIEFS. For christ sakes we are turning into the FREAKING
Chicago CUBS of football.

CARL and LaMar need to be embarresed SOMEHOW.

MichaelH
11-15-2004, 11:11 AM
CARL and LaMar need to be embarresed SOMEHOW.

They should read some of these posts then. They'd be embarrassed for sure. :)

ptlyon
11-15-2004, 11:13 AM
I actually got mad at my wife after the game on sunday. All she did was call me and talk to me on the phone. I was so pissed at our performance. I've never done that before.

Good God. Yesterday's game I don't think I showed any emotion what-so-ever. I don't think that has ever happened before. Not mad at a stupid play (well I might have called Woods a dumb@$$ on his personal foul). Not yelling when we had a good play, and there was a lot to be happy about watching Blaylock run the ball.

Either I have finally grown up or maybe you need a life. :)

Chief Henry
11-15-2004, 11:14 AM
Incredibly tiresome, isn't it? Hell, if they want to boycott, they should start with this board.

The Aints 27
The Chefs 20

We've been a SUB 500 ball club for too long. Last year was a fluke
and the Bengals proved that.

Chief Henry
11-15-2004, 11:16 AM
Either I have finally grown up or maybe you need a life. :)

Your on to something right thur. Maybe next year I won't get the Sunday ticket. :hmmm:

ptlyon
11-15-2004, 11:18 AM
Your on to something right thur. Maybe next year I want get the Sunday ticket. :hmmm:

The way most of this BB is talking they would be blacked out anyway, so save your $$$.$$.