PDA

View Full Version : How come the Colts can win...

ChiefsCountry
11-15-2004, 11:33 AM
with a defense that is crappy than ours? :cuss:

jspchief
11-15-2004, 11:34 AM
Becasue they have an offense that is better than ours and they have smarter coaches.

svuba
11-15-2004, 11:35 AM
They score points - - We just gain yards, Fumble, & Punt

BigChiefFan
11-15-2004, 11:36 AM
Heart and discipline. Two things the Chiefs as a whole are lacking.

stevieray
11-15-2004, 11:38 AM
They don't have a bullseye on their back from the refs.

Their WR's don't fumble while trying to score.

cash1000
11-15-2004, 11:38 AM
The Chiefs defense is more consistently crappy. The colts defense gets torched by good offenses but plays decent enough against bad offenses. The Chiefs defense plays bad against darn near everybody, good ,bad or mediocre! And yea tghe Colts offense is more explosive and consistent because they've got a hell of a lot better recievers!

MichaelH
11-15-2004, 11:39 AM
with a defense that is crappy than ours? :cuss:

Like everyone else said, they score more points than their defense gives up. That usually wins games. :)

Mile High Mania
11-15-2004, 11:41 AM
Indy and KC have a few similar things ...

Each team usually gets a top performance from their respective QB / RB / TE. Manning is obviously better than Green - and Holmes/Gonzo are obviously better than their Indy counterparts, but overall - these 3 areas are top performers for each team.

They both have strong Olines.

Indy has 3 WRs (Harrison / Wayne / Stokely) that could start ahead of Kennison / Morton / Horn. Also, the dual TE set for Indy with Pollard and Clark gives them more diversity and options than what KC has seen with Gonzo / Dunn.

Indy has that ability to keep their offense on the field for a long time, as well as consistently find the end-zone from 40+ yards out. They strike with crazy accuracy and you never really know who is going to rock.

ck_IN
11-15-2004, 11:42 AM
For starters some of their draft picks actually produce.

Bob Sanders, last years top pick, is now a starter. He made several spectacular hits and returned a fumble for a touchdown yesterday.

Dallas Clark, tightend pick, had several huge catches and 2 (I think) touchdowns. He's faster than Gonzo but not as big.

Wayne is poised to become the #1 WR on the team if Harrison can't be kept.

Freeney is a monster at RDE.

The defense here in Indy needs a lot of work but its actually getting better. The picks made produce. DV'/CP's picks take up space on the roster.

KCTitus
11-15-2004, 11:43 AM
Indy has a strong passing game, and doesnt rely on the run. KC is the opposite.

Baby Lee
11-15-2004, 11:44 AM
The Chiefs defense is more consistently crappy. The colts defense gets torched by good offenses but plays decent enough against bad offenses. The Chiefs defense plays bad against darn near everybody, good ,bad or mediocre! And yea tghe Colts offense is more explosive and consistent because they've got a hell of a lot better recievers!
There is a type of Offense that our D can manhandle.

Atlanta
St. Louis
Buffalo
Chicago
Detroit
Baltimore [OK, this is probably more a Fx of offense sucking]

Something about these offenses, most glaringly the first three, play right into whatever 'strengths' this D has. That was what hurt most about the loss to the Colts, because I see more than a hint of Buffalo in the Pats offense, and would have welcomed facing them in the AFC Championship last year.

HC_Chief
11-15-2004, 11:44 AM
The defense here in Indy needs a lot of work but its actually getting better. The picks made produce. DV'/CP's picks take up space on the roster.

No they don't... Siavii and Parker have been inactive the past two weeks. :-/

cash1000
11-15-2004, 11:46 AM
St Louis would smoke the Chiefs secondary for 30 or 40 points.

Baby Lee
11-15-2004, 11:58 AM
St Louis would smoke the Chiefs secondary for 30 or 40 points.
I'll believe it when I see it.
02 - 49-10
00 - 54-34
not to mention pwnage in the preseason.

MarcBulger
11-15-2004, 12:28 PM
Yes St. Louis could smoke 30-40 pts on the Chiefs, however they would give up 30-40 pts and 220 plus yards in Rushing.

ck_IN
11-15-2004, 12:46 PM
<i>Siavii and Parker have been inactive the past two weeks. :-/</i>

I've asked this before and didn't get an answer. What is the deal with Siavii? Is he hurt? Why is he inactive? On the occasions I've seen him he was light years better then Sims. I don't get it.