PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Blaylock?

SECTION11
11-16-2004, 10:55 AM
Can this guy pick up the blitz? Can he run against the blitz?
I see that he's got speed and decent hands, but what about the rest of his game? Any injuries to speak of?

Help a brotha out here... What's the skinny on #23?

He's a FA in '05, no?

Sure-Oz
11-16-2004, 10:56 AM
What about Shipp and Hambrick?? Shipp was pretty good when healthy.

Rausch
11-16-2004, 10:56 AM
Hands off...

Brock
11-16-2004, 10:58 AM
You can't have him.

SECTION11
11-16-2004, 11:09 AM
Shipp is ok, but I'm not sold on him being the back that Green's looking for. He's good between the 20's but doesn't find the endzone like Emmitt can. His speed is suspect and I don't know what he has left in the tank. A lot of scouts thought he was burned out after college from all the carries he got (sort of like Cedric Benson? could be).

I'm pretty convinced we'll take a back on the first day, hopefully the first round, but you never know.

I think Blaylock's speed will go nicely in a spread offense with Aaron Brooks throwing bombs to the best WR trio in the league... :p

SECTION11
11-16-2004, 02:42 PM
Well, fine.
Then how about this?

http://gallery.appleaddict.com/albums/userpics/10005/flowbee.jpg

tk13
11-16-2004, 02:45 PM
Oh he's horrible, you don't want him. You need to look elsewhere. Yeah, that's it.

Ultra Peanut
11-16-2004, 02:46 PM
Can this guy pick up the blitz? Can he run against the blitz?
I see that he's got speed and decent hands, but what about the rest of his game? Any injuries to speak of?

Help a brotha out here... What's the skinny on #23?

He's a FA in '05, no?STEP OFF.

SECTION11
11-16-2004, 02:49 PM
But, but... you have Larry Johnson. C'mon, share the wealth already.

tk13
11-16-2004, 02:50 PM
Whatever man, your team wouldn't sign Eric Hicks away to force us to go after a new DE. We owe you nothing.

SPchief
11-16-2004, 02:50 PM
He is ours and you cant have him :harumph:

shaneo69
11-16-2004, 02:51 PM
The Cardinals would be much better off trading us a 1st round pick for LJ. He's the guy you want.

shaneo69
11-16-2004, 02:53 PM
Seriously, I heard Denny Green was going to try and trade for Michael Bennett this offseason because the Vikings are ready to go with Moore and Smith, and Denny drafted Bennett.

Coogs
11-16-2004, 02:53 PM
Blaylock has look very good on the two occasions he has been asked to play this season. 4TD's and 90+ yards against the Falcons. 186 yards and a TD last Sunday.

I can't wait for Monday night to see what he does. If he posts three good outings in 3 games, I suspect negotiations should begin immediately to keep him as our RBOTF. Don't really care how the game turns out at this point. Looking more to the future.

SECTION11
11-16-2004, 02:56 PM
I'm kinda surprised he wasn't re-upped before Nov. 8. Don't you guys have cap space this year?
I'm going to keep a closer eye on him, I didn't really realize the speed he has.

tk13: We did extend you the courtesy of driving up Vonnie Holiday by a couple bucks, so we're even!

tk13
11-16-2004, 02:59 PM
I would imagine that if his agent had half a brain there's no way he'd have Blaylock re-sign in KC before testing the market to see if there's a starter's job out there somewhere for him....

Rausch
11-16-2004, 03:00 PM

Deal.

We give you LJ, you give us your 2nd round pick... :thumb:

The Rick
11-16-2004, 03:01 PM
I'm kinda surprised he wasn't re-upped before Nov. 8. Don't you guys have cap space this year?
I'm going to keep a closer eye on him, I didn't really realize the speed he has.

tk13: We did extend you the courtesy of driving up Vonnie Holiday by a couple bucks, so we're even!
Geez! You must be a noob! Don't you know we have 6 MILLION DOLLARS of unused cap space?!?

Coogs
11-16-2004, 03:02 PM
I would imagine that if his agent had half a brain there's no way he'd have Blaylock re-sign in KC before testing the market to see if there's a starter's job out there somewhere for him....

Might be a starters job right here. And I mean that in all seriousness too.

SECTION11
11-16-2004, 03:04 PM
Deal.

We give you LJ, you give us your 2nd round pick... :thumb:

I dunno.. too steep.
Green got some insane value this year. Karlos Dansby and Darnell Dockett are animals. Our fourth has started every game at center. Fitz is coming on (fighting a high ankle sprain all season, but coming on).
I think I'll let Denny keep all his first day picks, unless there's a quality QB involved.

Rain Man
11-16-2004, 03:04 PM
Why would Arizona want Blaylock? They've got the leading rusher of all time (echo, echo, echo).

SPchief
11-16-2004, 03:05 PM
[QUOTE=SECTION11]I'm kinda surprised he wasn't re-upped before Nov. 8. Don't you guys have cap space this year?

If we would have any cap space we would have signed him already. But of course we didn't have any cap room coming into the season. :)

SECTION11
11-16-2004, 03:08 PM
Geez! You must be a noob! Don't you know we have 6 MILLION DOLLARS of unused cap space?!?

That's about what we have. Tried to get Adrian Wilson and Anquan Boldin done, but didn't. Boldin still have two years left, no worries.
Hardly anyone this year locked up players with the rest of their cap. We got four second level guys but that's it. The Chiefs I don't think resigned anyone did they?
Things are changing in AZ. Deals like that never would have gotten done three/four years ago.

tk13
11-16-2004, 03:09 PM
Might be a starters job right here. And I mean that in all seriousness too.
You may be right... I would guess Blaylock would just as soon stay and start here considering this is a great offense and he'd be comfortable with it, but if that's not possible this offseason when he does happen to become a FA, away he'll go....

tk13
11-16-2004, 03:10 PM
That's about what we have. Tried to get Adrian Wilson and Anquan Boldin done, but didn't. Boldin still have two years left, no worries.
Hardly anyone this year locked up players with the rest of their cap. We got four second level guys but that's it. The Chiefs I don't think resigned anyone did they?
Things are changing in AZ. Deals like that never would have gotten done three/four years ago.
We re-signed our center, Casey Wiegmann.... keeps the O-line intact through the end of next year.

Nightfyre
11-16-2004, 03:13 PM
I think NO needs an Oline before they can do anything else.

Coogs
11-16-2004, 03:22 PM
Priest's body language at the game Sunday was interesting. He just sat there on the bench all by himself. Kind of had a "golfers" type of applause once in a while, but really didn't seem interested in the game at all. Maybe it was nothing, but I did find it curious anyway.

Calcountry
11-16-2004, 03:26 PM
Since we aren't going to use our cap space, can we trade it for an extra draft pick?

Why can't a team sell its cap space to another. Cap space ought to be traded as a commondity on the Chicago Board of trade.

Heck, at least then we would have a reason for saving all the cap space.

Calcountry
11-16-2004, 03:27 PM
Priest's body language at the game Sunday was interesting. He just sat there on the bench all by himself. Kind of had a "golfers" type of applause once in a while, but really didn't seem interested in the game at all. Maybe it was nothing, but I did find it curious anyway.
When he walked off the game against the Bucs, he wasn't limping that bad, but I had the same feeling about him as you observed above. It was as if, he has had it. He is tired of giveing up his body when no one else will. If he has said Fug it, then that would explain why the team is in free fall.

I can't say that I blame him.

Coogs
11-16-2004, 03:29 PM
When he walked off the game against the Bucs, he wasn't limping that bad, but I had the same feeling about him as you observed above. It was as if, he has had it. He is tired of giveing up his body when no one else will. If he has said Fug it, then that would explain why the team is in free fall.

I can't say that I blame him.

:thumb:

Sure-Oz
11-16-2004, 03:32 PM
Boldin needs to start getting me some yards and tds, this 5 catches for 30 yards crap sucks for my fantasy team.

shaneo69
11-16-2004, 03:33 PM

Maybe you didn't hear. Yeah, sure, we have $6 mil in cap space available. But we paid out $37 mil in signing bonus money the last two years, so Lamar is cashed out. He will be able to resume paying signing bonus money as soon as Bi-State II passes and the Arrowhead concourses are widened.

SECTION11
11-16-2004, 03:37 PM
Boldin needs to start getting me some yards and tds, this 5 catches for 30 yards crap sucks for my fantasy team.

A QB that can get it to him in stride would be cool.
If Jeff Blake were still our QB we'd be 6-3 right now. How's THAT for an insane statement?

shaneo69
11-16-2004, 03:42 PM
If Jeff Blake were still our QB we'd be 6-3 right now. How's THAT for an insane statement?

I can beat that. If we would've drafted Jeff Blake in '92 instead of Matt Blundin, we would've won the '95 and '97 Super Bowls.

SECTION11
11-16-2004, 03:52 PM
I thought you were a big McCown backer...

Still waiting for the light to come on. He's tough, but he needs work.
There's a Shaun King current picking up speed. He's no world beater either, but all he has to do is run the offense.

Sure-Oz
11-16-2004, 04:30 PM
A QB that can get it to him in stride would be cool.
Yeah all the Arizona wr's are putting low #'s up for sure, is Bryant Johnson any good??? It seems like you guys have top talent at wr with 2 1st rounders and boldin was a lucky 2nd rounder?

SECTION11
11-16-2004, 04:47 PM
Yeah all the Arizona wr's are putting low #'s up for sure, is Bryant Johnson any good??? It seems like you guys have top talent at wr with 2 1st rounders and boldin was a lucky 2nd rounder?

We're pretty well set. Johnson you would think is the deep threat with his speed, but it's been Fitzgerald because dude owns any and all jump balls. First play of the season was a flea flicker, he was blanketed by two Rams and still got it. It's the fact that he was double covered on a flea flicker that concerns me.
I'd still like to have a speed guy like Lee Evans, but oh well. On to the running back.
We are so close it's frightening. '05 is going to be interesting.