PDA

View Full Version : First Chiefs Game

Swanman
11-17-2004, 08:37 AM
I got a call from my mom last night and she was offered 4 tickets for the Chiefs game on Christmas so it looks like I'll finally go to my first Chiefs game. We'll be driving down to KC from Illinois on Christmas eve so if anyone has hotel recommendations, I would be grateful. I've read some fairly bad reviews of the hotels around the stadium so I'm looking at some hotels in Country Club Plaza and also there is the Marriott Courtyard KC South that caught my eye.

UTChief
11-17-2004, 09:05 AM
I am also going to this game with my wife and kids for my first game.
I just got my reservations two weeks ago and I had to call several before I found one close to the stadium its about 6 miles away, I dont have the name or the details at work I will post them when I get home.

Mr. Kotter
11-17-2004, 09:34 AM
I got a call from my mom last night and she was offered 4 tickets for the Chiefs game on Christmas so it looks like I'll finally go to my first Chiefs game. We'll be driving down to KC from Illinois on Christmas eve so if anyone has hotel recommendations, I would be grateful. I've read some fairly bad reviews of the hotels around the stadium so I'm looking at some hotels in Country Club Plaza and also there is the Marriott Courtyard KC South that caught my eye.

I don't know why there are bad reviews of the hotels around the stadium....the Holiday Inn, Drury Inn, and, now, Clarion (used to be Adam's Mark) have all served me well. Not cheap but not spendy really, and considering the money you save parking, and time you save leavin' after the game...it's well worth it in my mind. To each his own I guess....

The Marriot and Embassay Suites on the Plaza are close to the Chief's Express Bus Route, so those would also be good choices.

If you are on a budget, anything in the "economy" class near the Plaza would be fine.