PDA

View Full Version : This is a depressing thread about divorce.

Phobia
11-17-2004, 09:44 AM
I'm sure you've read my venting about my ex-wife over the years. She's a very bad person. But this is the worst thing she's done in some years.

Here goes: My parents are always faithful about contacting the children on holidays. For Halloween they sent greeting cards with $10 tucked away inside. Last night, I had the opportunity to speak to the children about Halloween and they claimed they hadn't received any card from their grandparents. It turns out that their step-father gave them $10 each for Halloween. I realize that this all seems very circumstansual. Not with this lady, though.

This kind of shit blows my mind. How can you do that to your own children?

Rain Man
11-17-2004, 09:46 AM
That's incredibly sleazy.

Maybe next year your folks should send checks.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-17-2004, 09:47 AM
So, the bastard opened the cards and took the money out...gave the kids the money "from him" and threw away the cards...?

Frankie
11-17-2004, 09:47 AM
Your parents should right $10 checks next time for the kids.

morphius
11-17-2004, 09:48 AM
Nothing like being reminded of a mistake for the rest of your life.

ROYC75
11-17-2004, 09:49 AM
People are cruel, they don't want somebody to have a leg up on them. Ask her how the kids are going to feel when they find out that they have lied to them.

It appears that she wants to make the kids think that you are a lazy dad,grandparents ,someone who doesn't want anything to do with them. I know you hate to bring the kids in the middle of it, but they need to know the truth.

Does this woman not understand that keeping things hidden from them will come back to haunt her as they get older ?

I knw what you are going thru, I know many people in this position.... Good Luck.

Phobia
11-17-2004, 09:49 AM
So, the bastard opened the cards and took the money out...gave the kids the money "from him" and threw away the cards...?

No. I'm certain that the mother did all that and directed the step-father to give them the money. The step-father is sort of a hero to me. Even though he was sleeping with my (then) wife, he took her off my hands and for that, I am eternally grateful. I always send him a Christmas gift.

ROYC75
11-17-2004, 09:52 AM
No. I'm certain that the mother did all that and directed the step-father to give them the money. The step-father is sort of a hero to me. Even though he was sleeping with my (then) wife, he took her off my hands and for that, I am eternally grateful. I always send him a Christmas gift.

ROFL :clap:

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-17-2004, 09:52 AM
:thumb:

Frankie
11-17-2004, 09:55 AM
Though I don't normally believe in getting children involved in parents' disputes, I think it would be quite appropriate if they asked their mother for the "cards" in this case.

KCTitus
11-17-2004, 09:57 AM
That's just a shame that some people are so hateful and petty...

Phobia
11-17-2004, 09:57 AM
I think we've reached the conclusion that we'll be retaining birthday and holiday greeting cards until the girls arrive in town. Then they'll be handed a stack of cards from the holidays they missed. If they ask why we're doing it that way, we explain what happend. I really try not to burden the children with the shit their mother does. But, I'm not going to lie to them either.

Phobia
11-17-2004, 09:59 AM
That's just a shame that some people are so hateful and petty...

They live in your neck of the woods. Will you please stop by and take a dump on their car?

stevieray
11-17-2004, 10:00 AM
That really sucks.

Don't save them. Make out money orders.

KCTitus
11-17-2004, 10:01 AM
They live in your neck of the woods. Will you please stop by and take a dump on their car?

I could, but I thought that the Planet had a designated dumper around here.

Phobia
11-17-2004, 10:05 AM
I could, but I thought that the Planet had a designated dumper around here.

Garcia Davenport?

FAX
11-17-2004, 10:13 AM
I'm very sorry to hear about this Mr. Phobia.

I believe that people who harm or manipulate children are at least partially dead inside.

My condolences to you during these troubles. However, you sound like a person who will be a healthy and positive influence on your children. This, they will always remember.

FAX

Skip Towne
11-17-2004, 10:15 AM
I have a very similar situation. I have to send all of my daughters letters to the ex's sister to ensure delivery. Writing checks doesn't even help. The bastard just throws them away. And no, I don't send him Christmas presents.

Mr. Kotter
11-17-2004, 10:17 AM
... How can you do that to your own children?

Insecurities drive otherwise rational people to do very selfish, stupid, and manipulative things sometimes... :shake:

KCWolfman
11-17-2004, 10:21 AM
Checks and money orders won't work. Your ex will cash them with her kids "signatures" and use the cash as they have this time. Hell, even gift card won't work.

If they are determined to cut you out emotionally with your kids, there is nothing you can do long distance.

Just be honest with them and the time will come when the motives of the current guardians will be questioned and your honesty will come out.

Michael Michigan
11-17-2004, 10:31 AM
She even took the ice cube trays out of the freezer!

What kind of a sick bitch takes the ice cube trays out of the freezer?

Skip Towne
11-17-2004, 10:38 AM

I'll bet you have some interesting stories to tell.

KCWolfman
11-17-2004, 10:39 AM

True lies?

Monty
11-17-2004, 10:41 AM
So what about a card with a deposit receipt or something showing that a deposit has been made into said child's account for them and they can use it when they come to visit.....does that sound any better?

I'm toying with this same issue as well......

KCWolfman
11-17-2004, 10:44 AM
So what about a card with a deposit receipt or something showing that a deposit has been made into said child's account for them and they can use it when they come to visit.....does that sound any better?

That's what I had to do. I also had my best friend take stuff over to the girls (I live 3 states away) and tell them it was from me.

Spott
11-17-2004, 10:49 AM
Damn, it sounds like you're ex-wife must have left you for a Raider fan.

beavis
11-17-2004, 10:56 AM

Great flick. ROFL

Swanman
11-17-2004, 11:08 AM
Nuthooks for the both of them.

Raiderhater
11-17-2004, 11:29 AM
Damn, when I saw the thread title I thought Pink had finally had enough of you.

It is a shame the girls are stuck in the middle of this, and even more shameful that they are used as weapon against you.

Raiderhater
11-17-2004, 11:30 AM
True lies?

I think so. One flick that Tom Arnold was actually good in.

Michael Michigan
11-17-2004, 11:59 AM
True lies?

:)

Yep.

morphius
11-17-2004, 12:00 PM
Heh. I see I wasn't the only one.
Hell, I figured you hadn't posted on here because you had already jumped onto a plane to KC or Houston to try and pick her up.

Clint in Wichita
11-17-2004, 12:02 PM
I'm sure you've read my venting about my ex-wife over the years. She's a very bad person. But this is the worst thing she's done in some years.

Here goes: My parents are always faithful about contacting the children on holidays. For Halloween they sent greeting cards with $10 tucked away inside. Last night, I had the opportunity to speak to the children about Halloween and they claimed they hadn't received any card from their grandparents. It turns out that their step-father gave them $10 each for Halloween. I realize that this all seems very circumstansual. Not with this lady, though.

Bah, just kill the bitch already!

Mr. Kotter
11-17-2004, 12:02 PM
Nah. She hates me.

How's that make her different from any other woman?

KC Kings
11-17-2004, 12:22 PM

That is nothing but spite. I have never been divorced, but I broke up with a live in girlfriend one night at the bar, and when I got home she had taken all her stuff, and all of the food. She even took a 5 pound pork tenderloin that was marinating in the fridge, and she was Jewish and didn't even eat pork!

Raiderhater
11-17-2004, 12:25 PM
Heh. I see I wasn't the only one.

I was surprised no one beat me to it.

Hammock Parties
11-17-2004, 12:26 PM
Bullshit wife, IMO.

Pure bullshit.

Calcountry
11-17-2004, 12:29 PM
People are cruel, they don't want somebody to have a leg up on them. Ask her how the kids are going to feel when they find out that they have lied to them.

It appears that she wants to make the kids think that you are a lazy dad,grandparents ,someone who doesn't want anything to do with them. I know you hate to bring the kids in the middle of it, but they need to know the truth.

Does this woman not understand that keeping things hidden from them will come back to haunt her as they get older ?

I knw what you are going thru, I know many people in this position.... Good Luck.
The only thing worse than a bitch, is a dumb bitch.

Calcountry
11-17-2004, 12:30 PM
ROFL transferred agression, I love it.

Calcountry
11-17-2004, 12:31 PM
I have a very similar situation. I have to send all of my daughters letters to the ex's sister to ensure delivery. Writing checks doesn't even help. The bastard just throws them away. And no, I don't send him Christmas presents.

Just show up and hand deliver the gift.

Calcountry
11-17-2004, 12:33 PM

Prepaid Visa Check cards with the kids picture on it.

Bubble gum, 1 dollar,

The look on the dumb bitch's face when she can't spend your money,

PRICELESS!!!

Calcountry
11-17-2004, 12:34 PM
Bah, just kill the bitch already!
You forgot to mention bumping off the homo she is living with. lmao.

Sure-Oz
11-17-2004, 12:35 PM
What a bitch!

KCWolfman
11-17-2004, 12:38 PM
That is nothing but spite. I have never been divorced, but I broke up with a live in girlfriend one night at the bar, and when I got home she had taken all her stuff, and all of the food. She even took a 5 pound pork tenderloin that was marinating in the fridge, and she was Jewish and didn't even eat pork!
I would have changed the locks before I told her and only let her in on the Sabbath to get her stuff out.

KCWolfman
11-17-2004, 12:39 PM
Prepaid Visa Check cards with the kids picture on it.

Bubble gum, 1 dollar,

The look on the dumb bitch's face when she can't spend your money,

PRICELESS!!!
Naw, she just simply tells the kids "look what I bought for you" and presents the cards.

The only way Phil knows the kids know where the gifts came from is if he presents them himself.

But these things have a way of working out. In the long run, the dumb broad will trip herself as my ex did with my kids.

Monty
11-17-2004, 01:10 PM
But these things have a way of working out. In the long run, the dumb broad will trip herself as my ex did with my kids.

This is exactly why I have hope. :) Did you get them back?

StcChief
11-17-2004, 01:10 PM
The kids will be old enough eventually to figure her out.

It's a long life to lose your kids respect

chiefs4me
11-17-2004, 02:01 PM

That's really sad,,you need to confront him and her about it,, and your idea of holding all the cards/gifts until they visit you is the ideal solution.

Shes got to be cruel,,,because when my sons get anything in the mail from their dad, I can't wait to show them to see the gleam in their eye...it is priceless.

Children are very smart, in due time they will catch on to moms tricks.

And what ever you do, don't let (them) affect your realtionship with your girls.

KCWolfman
11-17-2004, 02:24 PM
This is exactly why I have hope. :) Did you get them back?
Nope, they live with Mom, but they spend more time with me than ever before of their own will now.

Logical
11-17-2004, 02:31 PM
Phil, Just writing to say I am sorry for the troubles you are experiencing.

Flustrated
11-17-2004, 04:13 PM
speaking from experience, the best thing you or your parents could do when it comes to the gift of money, is buy a savings bond. Give it to em when they go off to college then they can spend it on something important...(like beer)

Iowanian
11-17-2004, 04:16 PM
This is why I always say a Divorce is never Final until somebody is run through a wood chipper.

Bwana
11-17-2004, 04:27 PM
What a complete chit heal. :shake:

seclark
11-17-2004, 04:30 PM
The kids will be old enough eventually to figure her out.

i agree. and i think it's better they find out themself instead of the other parent trying to tell their side of the story.
sec

jspchief
11-17-2004, 04:47 PM
If you want to be able to prove that they got the cards (eliminate "lost in the mail" bullsh*t), send them with a signature requirement. It may force you to confront the Ex, but at least you'll know whether your suspicions are merited.

Something to note..."cards" are always prime targets for crooks at the post office. They are the best bet for finding cash. It's possible that some scumbag in the mail system stole them and the like amount is just coincidental.

Phobia
11-17-2004, 07:23 PM
If you want to be able to prove that they got the cards (eliminate "lost in the mail" bullsh*t), send them with a signature requirement. It may force you to confront the Ex, but at least you'll know whether your suspicions are merited.

Something to note..."cards" are always prime targets for crooks at the post office. They are the best bet for finding cash. It's possible that some scumbag in the mail system stole them and the like amount is just coincidental.

If you knew my ex, you wouldn't even consider coincidence as an option. She's a vindictive bitch with control issues. What's even more ridiculous is that SHE is the one who stepped out on me. I guess she's mad that I divorced her - like I was supposed to put up with her disfunctional shit for the rest of my life.... What really pisses me off is that she's doing it to my folks who always treated her well.

RedNFeisty
11-17-2004, 07:32 PM
Pretty messed up, hate when people have to pull their kids into it and make them suffer. It is one thing to want to be vindictive to adults, but leave it with the adults.

Sounds like she is trying to weasel the new guy in, again messed up. When will women learn to keep the boy toys away from their children. I guess this is a little different, she did marry him. Can the sucker not affored to give them ten bucks out of his own pocket?

jspchief
11-17-2004, 07:33 PM
If you knew my ex, you wouldn't even consider coincidence as an option. She's a vindictive bitch with control issues. What's even more ridiculous is that SHE is the one who stepped out on me. I guess she's mad that I divorced her - like I was supposed to put up with her disfunctional shit for the rest of my life.... What really pisses me off is that she's doing it to my folks who always treated her well.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to stick up for her. I realize some people are just f*cked in the head when it comes to this stuff (my sister has major problems with her ex and his wife). It was just an idea.

The US post office has express mail that you pay a small fee to require a signature. All total, it would probably be more than the ten dollars in the card though. It still might be a good solution to larger packages. Plus there's always added excitement for kids when they get a package from the "present truck".

Ultra Peanut
11-17-2004, 07:47 PM
How skeevy.

Ultra Peanut
11-17-2004, 07:48 PM
I could, but I thought that the Planet had a designated dumper around here.Najeh Davenport?

Skip Towne
11-17-2004, 07:52 PM
How skeevy.
Nice word.

redfan
11-17-2004, 08:14 PM
Dam, that sux arse.

Nice job w/ the 2nd tho... :thumb: ;)

Bowser
11-17-2004, 08:17 PM
Sorry to hear it, Phil.

Stories like this is why I believe so heavily in karma.

Phobia
11-17-2004, 08:36 PM
Sorry to hear it, Phil.

Stories like this is why I believe so heavily in karma.

I have 2 questions regarding karma. I presume you can answer them.

WTF did I do to deserve marriage to her?

If karma were real, she'd have died a slow painful death some time ago. What is she doing to offset her bad deeds?

Bowser
11-17-2004, 08:41 PM
I have 2 questions regarding karma. I presume you can answer them.

WTF did I do to deserve marriage to her?

If karma were real, she'd have died a slow painful death some time ago. What is she doing to offset her bad deeds?

1) You were married HER to appreciate your marriage NOW that much more.

2) Have patience, grasshopper. All good things in time. :)

I don't have a Buddha belly for nothing, you know!

Brando
11-17-2004, 08:43 PM
This is awful. I think that we should all chip in and buy you, "The O.J. Simpson Guide to Dealing with Ex-Wives" for Christmans.

Phobia
11-17-2004, 08:59 PM
This is awful. I think that we should all chip in and buy you, "The O.J. Simpson Guide to Dealing with Ex-Wives" for Christmans.

Bah - I've posted worse stories about her. This one is just the most recent. Since she moved to Virginia, I don't really talk to her so the stories are more infrequent.

One time I thought I was sending her to San Antonio for the weekend to attend an EMT course. The trip cost me roughly $1500.... 2 months later I discovered pictures from her excursion with her boyfriend. I think cheating is pretty shitty to begin with, but if I were ever reduced to cheating with a man's wife I would at least have the courtesy to pay my own way. Jeez. It's okay though because now she's his problem. I've heard she makes him cry.

Brando
11-17-2004, 09:02 PM
Bah - I've posted worse stories about her. This one is just the most recent. Since she moved to Virginia, I don't really talk to her so the stories are more infrequent.

One time I thought I was sending her to San Antonio for the weekend to attend an EMT course. The trip cost me roughly $1500.... 2 months later I discovered pictures from her excursion with her boyfriend. I think cheating is pretty shitty to begin with, but if I were ever reduced to cheating with a man's wife I would at least have the courtesy to pay my own way. Jeez. It's okay though because now she's his problem. I've heard she makes him cry.

Wow..that sucks plus tax. I don't know how you've kept your composure. I probably would've have drop kick her in the lovebox. God bless ya man!

Hammock Parties
11-17-2004, 09:02 PM

I remember that story. How did you handle that?

I can't imagine if that sort of thing ever happened to me. I might kill the bitch.

Brando
11-17-2004, 09:03 PM

I can't imagine if that sort of thing ever happened to me. I might kill the bitch.

C'mon now..you could never harm Tito.

stevieray
11-17-2004, 09:04 PM
Don't waste any more energy on it. She's not worth it.

You've got intelligent kids, they'll see it for what it is.

Phobia
11-17-2004, 09:07 PM

I don't wanna say, but I will. I went out an bought her a new house full of new furniture. She moved straight into the guest bedroom after we moved in and got her ass kicked out a short time later. I got the house, but she got some of the furniture. That woman ****ed my head up for a while. Divorce involving children isn't a pretty thing. I strongly considered the OJ option, but I'm not selfish enough to award my children to the state.

Phobia
11-17-2004, 09:11 PM
Don't waste any more energy on it. She's not worth it.

You've got intelligent kids, they'll see it for what it is.

I'm just venting. That's the healthy way, I think. It's a helluva lot better than confronting her with a profanity laced tirade. That was my old method of dealing with her and quite frankly, that's what she wants. She knows that I know what she did. Every day that I don't call to bitch her out about it, she takes it out on her current husband. I know this because I used to be him.

Yeah, my kids will understand. When they have their own families at my place for the holidays and no longer talk to their mother, I'll have the last laugh. But, that's not what I want. I'd rather it be different - ya know?

Iowanian
11-17-2004, 09:30 PM
The next card should have a special note for the person opening it, letting them know that you know, and that it had better stop, and wish filthy things on her.

I'll even wait until I'm pissed off and compose the note.

Inspector
11-17-2004, 09:42 PM
Life in some ways can be compared to a yard stick. This part of your relationship with your kids is a very small piece of that overall length (of time).

Kids know. They figure it out. And in the long run your relationship with them will be even stronger as a result of their mom's actions.

You see, in their eyes, you are their hero, their dad, and when someone does something wrong to their dad, they know it and it draws them closer to you - as your defender - in a certain way....

Guard against trying to turn your kids against their mom, you have the power to do what's right. Unfortunately you can't control her. But your kids (if they haven't already) will figure out her games.

When your children are adults - which is really soon, no matter what age they are now - you will cherish the closeness that will result from you being a great dad now. And they will understand what you went through, if not sooner, definetley as adults.

Good luck man. Keep your eye on the prize and do the best you can for the kids and yourself.

...just sent a prayer for you and your situation....

stevieray
11-17-2004, 09:42 PM
I'm just venting. That's the healthy way, I think. It's a helluva lot better than confronting her with a profanity laced tirade. That was my old method of dealing with her and quite frankly, that's what she wants. She knows that I know what she did. Every day that I don't call to bitch her out about it, she takes it out on her current husband. I know this because I used to be him.

Yeah, my kids will understand. When they have their own families at my place for the holidays and no longer talk to their mother, I'll have the last laugh. But, that's not what I want. I'd rather it be different - ya know?

Totally.

Hang in there.

Skip Towne
11-17-2004, 09:48 PM

You actually still talk to this cvnt? You should invite her to give her side of the argument here on the Planet. That way I could neg rep her.

Spott
11-17-2004, 09:50 PM
Damn, I never got Halloween cards when I was a kid, especially not any with money in them. I better go ask my Mom if she was holding out on me all those years.

morphius
11-17-2004, 09:51 PM
You actually still talk to this cvnt? You should invite her to give her side of the argument here on the Planet. That way I could neg rep her.
well, there are children involved, so I'm sure they have to talk a bit...

Hammock Parties
11-17-2004, 09:52 PM

Yeah, that's gonna sound great.

"Hey honey, I know we have alot of problems and I think we should have it out. I have some friends on the internet and they all want to hear your side of the story. Would you mind registering on www.chiefsplanet.com? Let's discuss it there in front of my internet friends!"

Spott
11-17-2004, 10:00 PM

"Hey honey, I know we have alot of problems and I think we should have it out. I have some friends on the internet and they all want to hear your side of the story. Would you mind registering on www.chiefsplanet.com? Let's discuss it there in front of my internet friends!"

We could just tell her to register with the username GOCHIEFS.

Hammock Parties
11-17-2004, 10:03 PM
We could just tell her to register with the username GOCHIEFS.

Are you suggesting she would get alot of abuse because of that?

digi2fish
11-17-2004, 10:09 PM
it's really, really depressing, Phob, I'm sorry to know that.

IMO the kids should never involve into this, it seems be doing nothing good to them.

and I think you should have a talk with their step father to tell he knew it or not and figure out what to do with him.

Skip Towne
11-17-2004, 10:11 PM

Yeah, you have a lot of expertise in marital relationships now don't you you ignorant little celibate cretin. I'm so goddam sick of you replying to every thread on this board. If you would confine your comments to topics you know something about we would never hear from your ignorant ass. BTW, that was a joke. Of course, you didn't understand it.

Spott
11-17-2004, 10:11 PM
Are you suggesting she would get alot of abuse because of that?

It's slightly possible. :)

Spott
11-17-2004, 10:13 PM
Yeah, you have a lot of expertise in marital relationships now don't you you ignorant little celibate cretin. I'm so goddam sick of you replying to every thread on this board. If you would confine your comments to topics you know something about we would never hear from your ignorant ass. BTW, that was a joke. Of course, you didn't understand it.

I think you should tell him how you really feel.

Skip Towne
11-17-2004, 10:19 PM
I think you should tell him how you really feel.
Ah, I'm just waiting for the little dickhead to reply so I can slap him down again.

Hammock Parties
11-17-2004, 10:23 PM

Are you shitting on me?

Skip Towne
11-17-2004, 10:26 PM
Are you shitting on me?
I'm getting ready to, open your mouth.

OldTownChief
11-17-2004, 10:28 PM
Some of them can be pretty bad. My first wife and the mother of my 23 year old daughter once had to go to court and answer for stealing all of the girl scouts money when she was the treasurer. I could have told them NEVER give her any responsibilty, then I was in a bar one night and got to talking to this guy that had reciently been divorced and he was telling about how horrible his X had been. Turns out we have the same X and now we are pretty good friends. No kidding.

Skip Towne
11-17-2004, 10:30 PM
My apologies to you Phobia for slamming this little dipshit on your thread.

Manila-Chief
11-17-2004, 10:58 PM

Yep, but they will not have the same admiration for their grandparents as they should have. It's one thing to rob from an ex .... but even worse to rob the girls of having an even better relationship with their grandparents who love them.

We experienced something similar with one of our kids ex's ... while we were on State Side Assignment a couple years ago ... we bought niece gifts for our grand kids ... the ex took them back to the store. Imagine what that does to grandparents feelings .... let alone the kids. This one is trying to get at the ex ... but doesn't understand that it is the kids that are being emotionally damaged.

Why can't adults fight as adults and do what is right for their kids...

So, Phil, ... I know what you are going through ... from your parents side of things...

Brando
11-17-2004, 11:05 PM
What do you think your parents would say to her if they were to call her about it?

Phobia
11-17-2004, 11:38 PM

No, I don't. Until about 8 months ago, I did. But, she pushes my buttons and I allow it. She enjoys hearing me lose my cool. So, I decided to step back and let two people who are slightly detatched handle discussions regarding the children. Our current spouses talk about pertinent issues regarding the children now. It's a little more productive, but not much. My ex won't allow her husband to make a responsible decision on his own - he has to run everything past her so the result is the same, only without all the yelling and screaming.

I just remembered another horror story from my ex. My (at that time) youngest daughter was hospitalized for 3 days about 5 years ago. We all lived in Houston and I never got a phone call. Who doesn't notify a child's father when his baby is in the hospital? How in the hell can you expect a 6 year old to lie in a hospital bed for 3 days wondering why her father isn't there for her?

It pisses me off just thinking about it. Indefensible. She tells them that I didn't take care of them when they were babies. She said that I never changed their diapers or anything. Like I said, the lady is disfunctional and she's hurting her own kids more than she's hurting me. The sad thing is that she doesn't know it.

Phobia
11-17-2004, 11:40 PM
What do you think your parents would say to her if they were to call her about it?

Not gonna happen. She's gotten good at pressing their buttons, too. So, there would be screaming within the first 30 seconds of the conversation. Once again, counterproductive.

Mr. Kotter
11-17-2004, 11:42 PM
... Like I said, the lady is disfunctional and she's hurting her own kids more than she's hurting me. The sad thing is that she doesn't know it.

Man, what did you see in her....in the beginning? Yeah, she gave you two daughters you adore, which is cool....but, damn, she better have given world class head or somethin'.... :shake:

Phobia
Why can't adults fight as adults and do what is right for their kids...

Hell if I know. I'm in a better situation now and actually grateful the nightmare with her is over. So, I'm over her infidelity. Dude did me a huge favor. I'd like to have a civil "relationship" with the lady. I think it's better for the children - especially since they don't have to feel like they're choosing sides. When they come to see me, we try not to even discuss their mother.

Brando
No, I don't. Until about 8 months ago, I did. But, she pushes my buttons and I allow it. She enjoys hearing me lose my cool. So, I decided to step back and let two people who are slightly detatched handle discussions regarding the children. Our current spouses talk about pertinent issues regarding the children now. It's a little more productive, but not much. My ex won't allow her husband to make a responsible decision on his own - he has to run everything past her so the result is the same, only without all the yelling and screaming.

I just remembered another horror story from my ex. My (at that time) youngest daughter was hospitalized for 3 days about 5 years ago. We all lived in Houston and I never got a phone call. Who doesn't notify a child's father when his baby is in the hospital? How in the hell can you expect a 6 year old to lie in a hospital bed for 3 days wondering why her father isn't there for her?

It pisses me off just thinking about it. Indefensible. She tells them that I didn't take care of them when they were babies. She said that I never changed their diapers or anything. Like I said, the lady is disfunctional and she's hurting her own kids more than she's hurting me. The sad thing is that she doesn't know it.

Take comfort in the fact that after growing up with this maniacal twat they will realize what a wackjob she is and they will grow closer to you.

Phobia
11-17-2004, 11:45 PM
Man, what did you see in her....in the beginning? Yeah, she gave you two daughters you adore, which is cool....but, damn, she better have given world class head or somethin'.... :shake:

Heh heh. My wife reads the board, man. :D

She seemed pretty normal to me in the beginning, which is strange because I knew the rest of her family was disfunctional. My brother saw through her from the beginning and always hated her. Everybody I knew told me that she was bad news, but I thought I could fix her. Some people call it co-dependancy. I call it stupidity.

Mr. Kotter
11-17-2004, 11:48 PM
Heh heh. My wife reads the board, man. :D

She seemed pretty normal to me in the beginning, which is strange because I knew the rest of her family was disfunctional. My brother saw through her from the beginning and always hated her. Everybody I knew told me that she was bad news, but I thought I could fix her. Some people call it co-dependancy. I call it stupidity.

I forgot, my bad... ROFL

Don't beat yourself up; I dated a girl in college for four years.....my friends called her (behind my back, I found out later) "Ice Princess."

Let's just say, she deserved it. :banghead:

go bo
11-17-2004, 11:53 PM
Hell if I know. I'm in a better situation now and actually grateful the nightmare with her is over. So, I'm over her infidelity. Dude did me a huge favor. I'd like to have a civil "relationship" with the lady. I think it's better for the children - especially since they don't have to feel like they're choosing sides. When they come to see me, we try not to even discuss their mother.i've been down that road...

just try to remember that, as someone else has noted in this thread, before you know it, your children will be grown and all this will be a bad memory...

in the meantime, i think you're handling it very well...

once the kids are grown, you won't have any more contact with your ex...

and that will be the end of it...

take it from a man who's been there...

OldTownChief
11-17-2004, 11:58 PM
As time goes on all this will blow over and the kids will see what she has done, thats what happened with my oldest daughter and she is fine now. I didn't have to tell her anything about how her mother is, she figured it all out on her own. I did have to tell her that all my child support checks were being cashed by her mother at Duffies Bar because the witch told her I didn't pay it. I gave all the cancelled checks to my daughter to do with as she wishes. About $20,000 cashed at Duffies Bar alone.

Thats what makes them our X's in the first place...They are not human.

Phobia
11-18-2004, 12:18 AM
As time goes on all this will blow over and the kids will see what she has done, thats what happened with my oldest daughter and she is fine now. I didn't have to tell her anything about how her mother is, she figured it all out on her own. I did have to tell her that all my child support checks were being cashed by her mother at Duffies Bar because the witch told her I didn't pay it. I gave all the cancelled checks to my daughter to do with as she wishes. About $20,000 cashed at Duffies Bar alone.

Thats what makes them our X's in the first place...They are not human.

Yeah, I've saved some things too. I'll probably never even show them, though. They already know their mother is a liar. They know more than I realize already and they're only 11 and 12.

XXXshogunXXX
11-18-2004, 12:28 AM
what is this thread about

Hammock Parties
11-18-2004, 12:30 AM
what is this thread about

Your mom.

Phobia
11-18-2004, 12:30 AM
It's just a bunch of jilted dipshits bitching about their ex-wifes. You should probably skip it.

Earthling
11-18-2004, 12:34 AM
I had a very similar ex problem 30 some odd years ago. Its very important not to make this a tug of war for the childrens affections...and extremely difficult to do. Someday your childen will realize what went down, and after many years have passed you might even realize that you no longer hate your ex...(It took me about 25 years) Hang in there. It will get better.

OldTownChief
11-18-2004, 12:36 AM
I thank God every day this dipshit was jilted.

OldTownChief
11-18-2004, 12:40 AM
I had a very similar ex problem 30 some odd years ago. Its very important not to make this a tug of war for the childrens affections...and extremely difficult to do. Someday your childen will realize what went down, and after many years have passed you might even realize that you no longer hate your ex...(It took me about 25 years) Hang in there. It will get better.

I agree, but the hate left for me when my daughter moved out of the X's house. I don't respect her enough to hate her.

Earthling
11-18-2004, 12:49 AM
I agree, but the hate left for me when my daughter moved out of the X's house. I don't respect her enough to hate her.
OTC, exactly. My ex is like a total non-person to me now. Hate requires effort and I'm glad I don't think of her anymore enough to make that effort. Left that pile down the road and feelin' good....finally.

BIG_DADDY
11-18-2004, 10:37 AM
Bad things happen to bad people eventually. They will figure it out as they older. In the meantime best of luck to you and your family it can't be easy dealing with somebody like that.

Skip Towne
11-18-2004, 10:41 AM
Neither can the rest of us.

You married? To a woman? Ha! Unimaginable.
Of course not but he can tell you all about it.

Jenny Gump
11-20-2004, 01:48 AM

I told you.... I "know" somebody.