PDA

View Full Version : Mangino fined $5000

Skip Towne
11-17-2004, 06:12 PM
The Big XII has fined KU's HC for his outburst following the Texas loss. He also received a public reprimand and notice it would be worse if it happened again. Possibly a suspension.

HolmeZz
11-17-2004, 06:14 PM
That's pretty harsh.

Demonpenz
11-17-2004, 06:16 PM
sad day for hot dog venders

Spicy McHaggis
11-17-2004, 06:16 PM
He said what needed to be said. I know I'm a JHawk but there was truth in his statements. He's experienced this on both sides in both ways, at Texas and at KU. I like Mangino because he has a fire in his belly and he truly believes in his team and they believe in him.

Skip Towne
11-17-2004, 06:35 PM
He said what needed to be said. I know I'm a JHawk but there was truth in his statements. He's experienced this on both sides in both ways, at Texas and at KU. I like Mangino because he has a fire in his belly and he truly believes in his team and they believe in him.
It's more like he has a small hog in his belly.

Ultra Peanut
11-17-2004, 07:07 PM
Damn. There goes his lunch money for the week.

gblowfish
11-17-2004, 07:09 PM
I wouldn't piss MM off...he's 50 feet tall and eats billboards!

Sure-Oz
11-17-2004, 07:10 PM
He said what everyone was thinking, good for him.

Raiderhater
11-17-2004, 07:28 PM
I guess I missed it, what exactly did Mangina say?

Ultra Peanut
11-17-2004, 07:37 PM
I guess I missed it, what exactly did Mangina say?"I'm gonna eat you! GET IN MAH BELLAY!!!!!"

Saulbadguy
11-17-2004, 08:27 PM
Many KU fans are sending $$$ to the Athletic Department to cover his fine. There is a thread on Phog.net about it. I sent $10, plus I basically copied the letter the first guy wrote on Phog, saying if it can't be used to cover the fine, put it in the Williams fund.

Saulbadguy
11-17-2004, 08:30 PM
I guess I missed it, what exactly did Mangina say?
He blew up about a blatant screwjob KU received on an offensive pass interference call, and he blamed the BCS about it. If Texas doesn't get in a BCS bowl, thats basically 14 Million bucks the Big XII is out.

Funny thing is, Texas will likely be left out anyways.

Ultra Peanut
11-17-2004, 08:32 PM
a blatant screwjob KU received on an offensive pass interference callSeriously one of the worst calls I have ever seen.

Raiderhater
11-17-2004, 08:38 PM
He blew up about a blatant screwjob KU received on an offensive pass interference call, and he blamed the BCS about it. If Texas doesn't get in a BCS bowl, thats basically 14 Million bucks the Big XII is out.

Funny thing is, Texas will likely be left out anyways.

Is it wrong that I take pleasure in KU not only getting screwed in the call, but that their coach gets fined for pointing it out?

Probably, yet I feel very unsympathetic....

Officiating every where sucks, and Mangina just made the same mistake DV did and painted a big ol' bullseye on his team. It's a shame that it works that way.

- sorry for the game, but not for KU

Saulbadguy
11-17-2004, 08:40 PM
Is it wrong that I take pleasure in KU not only getting screwed in the call, but that their coach gets fined for pointing it out?

Probably, yet I feel very unsympathetic....

Officiating every where sucks, and Mangina just made the same mistake DV did and painted a big ol' bullseye on his team. It's a shame that it works that way.

- sorry for the game, but not for KU
Eh...if you hate KU like you do, i'd say no. I'd probably be laughing if it happened to MU.

But..this was probably the single worst call i've ever seen. It changed the game. Had it not been called, KU would have upset Texas, no doubt. It was terrible.

Skip Towne
11-17-2004, 08:41 PM
It was a bad call. I've never seen PI on the offense on such little contact.

Raiderhater
11-17-2004, 08:46 PM
Eh...if you hate KU like you do, i'd say no. I'd probably be laughing if it happened to MU.

But..this was probably the single worst call i've ever seen. It changed the game. Had it not been called, KU would have upset Texas, no doubt. It was terrible.

In my world, seeing KU get screwed by a call is the same as seeing Oakland get screwed by a call. Of course, seeing Texas drop in the polls with no significant advantages for KU wouldn't be a completely bad thing.

But again, it is a shame that officials have so much control on the out come of a game. That part does suck, big time.

Saulbadguy
11-17-2004, 08:48 PM
In my world, seeing KU get screwed by a call is the same as seeing Oakland get screwed by a call. Of course, seeing Texas drop in the polls with no significant advantages for KU wouldn't be a completely bad thing.

But again, it is a shame that officials have so much control on the out come of a game. That part does suck, big time.
Hm...a good analogy would be this:

Oakland, who is a crappy non-playoff bound team, is playing Denver, who is playoff bound IF they win this game, and Oakland gets screwed on a last minute call that changes the outcome of the game.

Of course, its great Oakland got screwed, but you hate Denver too...and now Denver goes to the playoffs because of the screwjob.

WilliamTheIrish
11-17-2004, 08:50 PM
Dear Big IIX,

Please retract the fine on Coach Mangino. We want him to remain a viable industry.

The Kansas Beef Council

Raiderhater
11-17-2004, 08:52 PM
Hm...a good analogy would be this:

Oakland, who is a crappy non-playoff bound team, is playing Denver, who is playoff bound IF they win this game, and Oakland gets screwed on a last minute call that changes the outcome of the game.

Of course, its great Oakland got screwed, but you hate Denver too...and now Denver goes to the playoffs because of the screwjob.

It's a win lose situation either way - I'll enjoy which ever positive I get and ignore the negative.

WilliamTheIrish
11-17-2004, 08:53 PM
OK, I stole that previous post.

On one of the morning sports shows, they replayed a Jim Rome clip and it went like this:

Dear Rome,

Please refrain from criticizing Coach Mangino. It puts him under stress and jeopardizes his ability to remain a viable industry.

Signed

Butter.

Saulbadguy
11-17-2004, 08:53 PM
Hey Jamie...I have a hypothetical for you?

What if the Al-Qaeda all-stars came to Lawrence to play KU in an exhibition game in basketball?

Who would you root for? ;)

WilliamTheIrish
11-17-2004, 08:55 PM
Oh. It was a total shiot call. Gordon and the defender merely made contact with one another. Gordon separated. Pass complete. 1st down. Game ovah.

Then the flag.

Total dogshiot call.

Raiderhater
11-17-2004, 08:55 PM
Hey Jamie...I have a hypothetical for you?

What if the Al-Qaeda all-stars came to Lawrence to play KU in an exhibition game in basketball?

Who would you root for? ;)

I would root for the same thing I do in an Oakland Denver game - a nuke in the middle of the court.

Demonpenz
11-17-2004, 08:57 PM
i can't believe that official didn't tackle the qb on that 4th and 18 run

Saulbadguy
I would root for the same thing I do in an Oakland Denver game - a nuke in the middle of the court.
Haha..no option C, have to choose between option A or option B.

My mom is as crazed as you are with your hatred for KU. She would root for the Al-Qaeda all stars over KU. This is just a rumor, but my dad told me that the Soviet union all starts played KU back in the 80's and my mom rooted for the Commies. I don't know if thats true or not, but I believe it.

As a child I would ask her if I played for KU, would she root for them then? She'd say "I'd root for you honey, but not KU."

Skip Towne
Dear Big IIX,

Please retract the fine on Coach Mangino. We want him to remain a viable industry.

The Kansas Beef Council
I'll bet the twinkie people are screaming too. Man that sumbitch is FAT!!

|Zach|
11-17-2004, 09:01 PM
I dislike KU. This has been pretty obvious. Having said that...I like Mangino alot. I think he is a good guy and a great coach.

This fine is over the top IMO.

Raiderhater
11-17-2004, 09:02 PM
Haha..no option C, have to choose between option A or option B.

Option.......... C Deal with it.

My mom is as crazed as you are with your hatred for KU. She would root for the Al-Qaeda all stars over KU. This is just a rumor, but my dad told me that the Soviet union all starts played KU back in the 80's and my mom rooted for the Commies. I don't know if thats true or not, but I believe it.

As a child I would ask her if I played for KU, would she root for them then? She'd say "I'd root for you honey, but not KU."

I always told my brothers that if they were able to go to KU to play football, and took the opportunity, I would disown them.

Spicy McHaggis
11-17-2004, 09:12 PM
i can't believe that official didn't tackle the qb on that 4th and 18 run

Which happened after the call that would have ended the game. :rolleyes:

Skip Towne
11-17-2004, 09:19 PM
Option.......... C Deal with it.

I always told my brothers that if they were able to go to KU to play football, and took the opportunity, I would disown them.
I'm assuming your brothers outweigh you by at least 100 pounds.

|Zach|
11-17-2004, 09:24 PM
A buddy of mine plays football at KU. I bet he does some good things his junior\seinor years...

http://kuathletics.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ringwood_bruce00.html

Coach
11-18-2004, 10:59 PM
Sports Center ran a little clip of Mangino outrage tonight. Thought it was somewhat comical when I saw that clip, that Mangino was pissed.

Raiderhater
11-18-2004, 11:16 PM
I'm assuming your brothers outweigh you by at least 100 pounds.

A toothpick outweighs me.

Obviously, for my brothers to play football, they have to have a little more physical substance to them than I.

Thankfully, I got all of the mental substance (yeah yeah, that ain't saying alot, I know).