PDA

View Full Version : Will Lamar Care Enough To Make Changes?

Mr. Laz
11-18-2004, 02:01 PM
i think we all know that Lamar Hunt cares...

but its up for debate about what priority those concerns take

1. financial

2. winning

3. security (better settle for decent "known" than take risk for something greater)

Will Winning be such a priority that the chiefs current situation is unacceptable?

Phobia
11-18-2004, 02:03 PM
No. He'll continue to be an invisible owner.

KCTitus
11-18-2004, 02:03 PM
I honestly have my doubts...

Lzen
11-18-2004, 02:10 PM
I really, truly hope that he does care enough to make some change. Or force Carl and Dick to make changes. But the realist in me says that he won't do anything. :banghead:

tk13
11-18-2004, 02:13 PM
Define "somebody of importance".

Skip Towne
11-18-2004, 02:14 PM
If the past is any indicator he won't do anything. I don't understand the man.

Brock
11-18-2004, 02:16 PM
Probably not. I think his major concern right now is prolonging his life.

MichaelH
11-18-2004, 02:16 PM
I have my doubts. He's making money so it's a desire thing. Does he want another Lombardi trophy? All I know is if the Chiefs ran their organization like a normal business, CP would have been fired years ago and the desire to win would be much greater.

KCJohnny
11-18-2004, 02:20 PM
As long as the fans continue to set attendance records, why the urgency for change?

the Talking Can
11-18-2004, 02:32 PM
will he force out CP?....no

the Talking Can
11-18-2004, 02:33 PM
Lamar has anywhere from 5 minutes to a couple of years left to live..not be morbid, or cruel, but we won't see any more major changes in his lifetime...

Alton deFlat
11-18-2004, 03:18 PM
When Lamar passes on........ and if.....the Hunt family decides to sell the team......... is there anyone in the KC metro area, or anyone with KC ties, that could buy the team to ensure that it stays in KC.

kc rush
11-18-2004, 03:37 PM
When will Clark step in and win one for his dad?

Calcountry
11-18-2004, 03:46 PM
If the past is any indicator he won't do anything. I don't understand the man.
Maybe deep down, he really dont' give a F about football and it has all been a hoax??

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-18-2004, 03:56 PM
I think he's gotten too old to think much about it before needing to take a nap. Carl has free reign of things...and like a 7 year old fat kid in a chocolate factory he just keeps getting it all over his face with no one there to stop him.

tomahawk kid
11-18-2004, 04:01 PM
Lamar doesn't care folks.

Except it, Learn it, Embrace it.

Chiefs are done for another 2-3 years, until the next rebuilding effort begins.

:mad:

jspchief
11-18-2004, 04:06 PM
I just don't think Lamar is that involved anymore. It's not like he's going to tell CP to "get a defense, or else!" He probably just lets Peterson handle everything. It has to be difficult to be heavily involved in a such a demanding business at his age.

Chief Henry
11-18-2004, 04:28 PM
As long as the fans continue to set attendance records, why the urgency for change?

Amen Johnny. Welcome back :) I went on a rant about this Monday.
I'm still pizzed off about whats happening in the front office and on the field... As long as the seats are filled we will be the Chicago Cubs of the NFL :banghead:

Calcountry
11-18-2004, 04:31 PM
I think he's gotten too old to think much about it before needing to take a nap. Carl has free reign of things...and like a 7 year old fat kid in a chocolate factory he just keeps getting it all over his face with no one there to stop him.
Continuing with your metaphor, may he fall into the Chocolate river ASAP.

It will be fun wathcing him be exploded through the pipe.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-18-2004, 04:31 PM
No.

If people keep going to the games, it doesn't matter about any changes.

Chief Henry
11-18-2004, 04:33 PM
Lamar doesn't care folks.

Except it, Learn it, Embrace it.

Chiefs are done for another 2-3 years, until the next rebuilding effort begins.

:mad:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

King_Chief_Fan
11-18-2004, 04:33 PM
When Lamar passes on........ and if.....the Hunt family decides to sell the team......... is there anyone in the KC metro area, or anyone with KC ties, that could buy the team to ensure that it stays in KC.

a change in ownership is the only thing that will save this club.

The change may not keep them in KC, but an expansion team could replace them

Brock
11-18-2004, 04:36 PM

THANKS FOR EFFING UP THIS THREAD

Skip Towne
11-18-2004, 04:39 PM
I just don't think Lamar is that involved anymore. It's not like he's going to tell CP to "get a defense, or else!" He probably just lets Peterson handle everything. It has to be difficult to be heavily involved in a such a demanding business at his age.
Not that involved anymore? He was never very involved. He let Shaaf and Steadman run it into the ground for years. They had "crowds" of 20,000 and still he did nothing for years.

Wallcrawler
11-18-2004, 08:27 PM
Lamar has no desire for a championship. The one his franchise captured in Superbowl IV seems to be enough for him. All he wants to do now, is run the team in the best way possible to make a profit, nothing more.

The fans deserve more than this.

Mr. Laz
11-19-2004, 12:47 PM
Define "somebody of importance".

someone ABOVE the level of coordinator

not gunther, not Al saunders ... someone above that level

Head coach,personnel manager,GM etc....

Frazod
11-19-2004, 01:14 PM
The old bastard doesn't even have enough pride to be bothered by giving the trophy with his name on it to another owner ever year. He's got our cash - that's OBVIOUSLY all he cares about.

4321 Lamar Bidwell

BigMeatballDave
11-19-2004, 01:18 PM
THANKS FOR EFFING UP THIS THREADYEAH! WHAT A TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rausch
11-19-2004, 01:18 PM

Hey, cheese stick, edit your post so it doesn't **** up the thread for everybody...

Sig Kauffman
11-19-2004, 01:23 PM
a change in ownership is the only thing that will save this club.

The change may not keep them in KC, but an expansion team could replace them

What would be ideal (although highly unlikely) is if a situation like the Green Bay Packers came about...where the team is actually owned by the FANS...I know nothing about the team's worth or anything like that, but having part-ownership in the team would make you feel more a part of the team than just sitting in the stadium or at home hoping someone will figure it out.