PDA

View Full Version : So how has the Chiefs AGE affected this season?

teedubya
11-18-2004, 06:51 PM
I think that our team is just too old now. We are definately out of gas each and every 4th Quarter.

We have had a chance to win every game in the 4th but lost 6 of those sum'bitches. With the core of our team in very late 20's to mid 30's, there just isnt enough speed, nor gas in the tank to put teams away.

I would say that this is a reflection of piss poor drafting, innit?

Jenson71
11-18-2004, 06:56 PM
We will all now what the Arabs used to say...

"One Hundred sheep led by an elephant can kill 1000 antelope led by an Austrialian hippo."

I think this team can relate to that...

Rick
11-18-2004, 06:58 PM
Our age is on the offensive side of the ball, so I'd say it has saved our ass from being 0-9.

KCJohnny
11-19-2004, 08:59 AM
This is actually a significant issue for personnel management. Regardless if the Chiefs senior citizens have the legs to compete in the 4th quarter (Ali makes a great point IMO), the QB is what? 34? TR is 33? Shields, Roaf? 34? Holmes 31? Kennison and Morton both what? 32? Even Gonzo is near 30. The window may have closed on the Chiefs last year. I'm surprised more fans aren't talking about this.

suds79
11-19-2004, 09:02 AM
This is actually a significant issue for personnel management. Regardless if the Chiefs senior citizens have the legs to compete in the 4th quarter (Ali makes a great point IMO), the QB is what? 34? TR is 33? Shields, Roaf? 34? Holmes 31? Kennison and Morton both what? 32? Even Gonzo is near 30. The window may have closed on the Chiefs last year. I'm surprised more fans aren't talking about this.

Interesting point.

Okay so I'll put it out there for everybody.

Next year. Do we have a chance to make another run at it or is it time to rebuild.

IMO while we could be pretty good next year, I just don't see us getting there so I think it's time to rebuild. Sell the farm.

Espically if Priest retires.

cdcox
11-19-2004, 09:08 AM

Green and Gonzo are in the prime years of their careers, considering their positions. Valid points about the rest. It was discussed frequently during the off season that we had at most a 2 year window with this crew of players. I think the lost opportunities with this talent pool is the absolutely most frustrating thing about the end of last season and all of this season.

KCJohnny
11-19-2004, 09:12 AM
I think that if the OL and the QB can stay with it another 2-3 years, the window hasn't completely shut. It is frustrating for us fans that in the record-setting years for offense in 2002-2003 we have nothing to show for it except, well, records.
Me, I like stats. Most fans don't care - they want championships. The positions most at risk are WR and TB. Although Derrick Blaylock acquitted himself well against New Orleans last Sunday...

teedubya
11-19-2004, 09:29 AM
regardless, we need a shredding fast effective reciever... fast and somewhat strong.

one good safety, a corner with more than NO career interceptions, and one good LB... cut Woods and his contract... cut Maz. replace Kennison or Morton... sign Plaxico Burress, or Hines Ward... but i think those recievers want to stay with Ben R. for a few years.

i sure would like a QBofT sometime...

KCJohnny
11-19-2004, 09:32 AM
WR will become an issue soon. I do like Chris Horn and if Boerigter heals 100%, we could have some pretty dang good WRs for the future...

Radar Chief
11-19-2004, 11:46 AM
I think age is a huge factor. Last year it seemed like Roaf was play’n lights out, but this year every speed rusher in the league is make’n him look fat-n-slow.

Mr. Laz
11-19-2004, 12:08 PM
actually i think conditioning and attitude have more to do with it then age.

RedNFeisty
11-19-2004, 12:13 PM
I think it is due to lack of heart and determination at this point.

suds79
11-19-2004, 12:15 PM
I know this might anger people given our history but considering the age of the guys on offense, I'm all for drafting O-linemen in the 1st 2 years from now if it means getting some special players. I figure those guys can still play at least another year.

I've come to love the idea that the Chiefs usually have one of the best O-lines in football.

It's been that way for quite a while now.