PDA

View Full Version : IS THIS TRUE?

KCJohnny
11-19-2004, 02:28 PM
A fellow Soldier in my unit is a big Pats fan and he says NE is beatable because they have 3rd team CBs playing now due to injuries. He said that Troy Brown has been playing both sides of the ball because they are so depleted in their secondary. With the way trents been putting up ungodly numbers, this could be a winnable game. Can anyone confirm this?

KCJ
Blind, deceived homer

Duck Dog
11-19-2004, 02:30 PM
Heck ya! Their Dbacks suck so bad, I'm starting Vanover on my fantasy team.

KCJohnny
11-19-2004, 02:35 PM
I didn't they were bad, I said they were hurt. Or, my buddy did. If true, this could be a factor in KC amassing another 500 yards and 4th quarter choke, er, victory!

Annihilus
11-19-2004, 02:38 PM
A fellow Soldier in my unit is a big Pats fan and he says NE is beatable because they have 3rd team CBs playing now due to injuries. He said that Troy Brown has been playing both sides of the ball because they are so depleted in their secondary. With the way trents been putting up ungodly numbers, this could be a winnable game. Can anyone confirm this?

KCJ
Blind, deceived homerYeah, that's the same things the Rams and Bills fans said last week and the week before - and is definately nothing new. Pittsburgh did beat us three weeks ago, so anything can happen.

Troy has been playing really well and even got an INT last week, but is no replacement for Law or Poole (the two starting corners, who are out), that is for damn sure. I think the success of your offense will really depend upon what RAC & BB decide to focus their efforts on (which I'm guessing will be to stop the running game). If that's the case, you're boys will likely put up some good numbers through the air.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-19-2004, 02:39 PM
It's true that NE has a depleated secondary and that Troy Brown has been filling in on that side of the ball. The bad news is that he's better than our regular defensive backs.

KCJohnny
11-19-2004, 02:42 PM
Its the Chiefs _efense that is our liability. This game could break 80 points like before ('02?). Even Vegas has the over/under at 52(!).

I hope KC exploits the NE CBs as much as possible because our D is stopping NO ONE.

Undertaker #59
11-19-2004, 02:53 PM
The starting corners last week were Randall Gay and Earthwind Moreland (no joke)...both undrafted. Assante Sammuel came in as a nickel, and WR Troy Brown came in as a dime, though he pretty much only played over the slot.

KCJohnny
11-19-2004, 02:55 PM
WOW.
Hey guys, we DO have a chance!

MarcBulger
11-19-2004, 02:57 PM
Yes the Pats have been depleted. I was abused in our last game.

Undertaker #59
11-19-2004, 02:59 PM
WOW.
Hey guys, we DO have a chance!

Of course, you would of thunk the Rams would have been able to take advantage of this too.

KC Jones
11-19-2004, 03:08 PM
KCJ!

It's so good to see you posting on here again! I hope you are well. Have you returned from overseas or are you still halfway around the world?

KC Jones (aka ejj)

KCJohnny
11-19-2004, 03:09 PM
I'm happily back in the US of A. Spent a year in Kuwait/Iraq from FEB 03 - FEB 04. Thanks!

Mile High Mania
11-19-2004, 03:28 PM
Yeah, but the Patriots do have a nice offensive arsenal... and they are playing KC, so the Chiefs need to focus on hanging up 30 points on MNF.

Brown has played well, even against the Rams' receivers.

Don't overlook the fact that while Blaylock did well last week, the Patriots are not the Saints. Holmes can beat ANY defense, nobody knows if Blaylock can compete at that level.

KC still has Kennison and Morton. Kennison might have shot his wad last week - 120 yards and a TD. He's done for the year after putting up those numbers. Heh.

Coogs
11-19-2004, 03:30 PM
Don't overlook the fact that while Blaylock did well last week, the Patriots are not the Saints. Holmes can beat ANY defense, nobody knows if Blaylock can compete at that level.

That fact alone has me stoked for MNF. Can't wait to see if Blaylock can go 3 for 3 this year. In case you forgot, he put up some nice numbers in one half vs. the Falcons.

Mile High Mania
11-19-2004, 03:31 PM
The Chiefs are a weird team ... beating the Colts, Falcons and Ravens. The Falcons and Ravens have nice defenses.

The Chiefs lose to the Panthers, Saints, Texans and Bucs. The Bucs have a better than average defense, but the Panthers, Saints and Texans SUCK on defense ... yet, KC still couldn't score enough to win.

Carolina and Houston were at Arrowhead as well.

Who knows what the hell to expect this his team?

Mile High Mania
11-19-2004, 03:32 PM
That fact alone has me stoked for MNF. Can't wait to see if Blaylock can go 3 for 3 this year. In case you forgot, he put up some nice numbers in one half vs. the Falcons.

I didn't forget that one at all ... he came in and continued the assault that Holmes started. Who knows how it would have turned out had Holmes not started the game.

ROYC75
11-19-2004, 03:37 PM
Plus Brady has an ailing right shoulder, we need to pressure and hit him hard !

Coogs
11-19-2004, 03:39 PM
I didn't forget that one at all ... he came in and continued the assault that Holmes started. Who knows how it would have turned out had Holmes not started the game.

Can't wait until Monday. We should find out the answer to that question.

Mile High Mania
11-19-2004, 03:39 PM
Plus Brady has an ailing right shoulder, we need to pressure and hit him hard !

I have Brady in one of my fantasy leagues... he's been on the injury report all year. There's nothing to be too concerned about.

Annihilus
11-19-2004, 03:40 PM
The Chiefs are a weird team ... beating the Colts, Falcons and Ravens. The Falcons and Ravens have nice defenses.

Funny you mention that, but the Pats are sort of like that too. Up until they pounded Buffalo and St. Louis the last two weeks, most of their previous 20 odd games were decided by a touchdown or less. They seemingly played up (or down) to their opponents level, while always managing a win - usually in the last few minutes of the game.

I expect that'll happen this week as well. I think it'll be semi-high scoring, with each scoring somewhere in the 30's. By no means to I think the Pats (or the Chiefs) have an easy time of it no matter who wins.

Mr. Laz
11-19-2004, 04:43 PM

KCJ
Blind, deceived homer

yea... how sad

Wr Troy Brown is a better cornerback than anyone we have on our team