PDA

View Full Version : No Priest injury disscussions???

sparkky
11-20-2004, 08:57 PM
I'm surprised with Priest getting a second opinion on his knee there is not more talk here about this.
We don't care anymore, or feel like we've said goodbye to the Padre??

Wile_E_Coyote
11-20-2004, 09:08 PM
The way I understood it; Priest went to the doctor, who treated him when he had a simular injury, while he played for Baltimore. While there fluid was drained from the knee. He will be back

KCFalcon59
11-20-2004, 09:44 PM
I heard Priest on ESPN radio this evening and he said it just needs rest. No surgery. Didn't say how long he would be out.

Hammock Parties
11-20-2004, 09:47 PM
I'm indifferent. He will be ready for next year, that's all that matters at this point. If he retires, he can go f*ck himself too.

BigRedChief
11-20-2004, 09:50 PM
The reason there is no discussions is because the season is lost even if he comes back this season.

Yosef_Malkovitch
11-21-2004, 03:26 AM
Personally, I'd rather he just sit out and get rested up for next year. If he pushes it this year, he may decide in the off-season that he's had enough.

BigVE
11-21-2004, 11:21 AM
WTF difference does it make if we speculate and dream and wish about what WE want and hope...the fans dont matter any more, Carl/Lamar have made that clear.

DaKCMan AP
11-21-2004, 11:31 AM
I'd rather not talk about it because I've felt from the beginning of this season that there is a strong possibility of him retiring at the end of the year. The injury only makes that more likely, IMO.

grandllama
11-21-2004, 11:33 AM
Like all bad things, if you ignore it, it will eventually go away.

Bowser
11-21-2004, 11:35 AM
I'd rather not talk about it because I've felt from the beginning of this season that there is a strong possibility of him retiring at the end of the year. The injury only makes that more likely, IMO.

If we go 4-12 or 5-11, you may see a mass exodus on this team.

If we somehow amazingly get on some small winning streak, he'll definitely be back this year. We lose our next four, I believe he'll shut it down the rest of the season. And I can't say I blame him.

2bikemike
11-21-2004, 11:40 AM
Priest is injured.

End of discussion.

No use speculating!

BigVE
11-21-2004, 11:41 AM
If we go 4-12 or 5-11, you may see a mass exodus on this team.

If we somehow amazingly get on some small winning streak, he'll definitely be back this year. We lose our next four, I believe he'll shut it down the rest of the season. And I can't say I blame him.

WE BETTER see a mass exodus on this team! Especially if we go 4-12...we need to clean house. No resentment towards Priest if he decides to retire, we have wasted 3 great years from him already by not putting ANY defense on the field...couldnt blame him for thinking "why go thru all this for NOTHING!".

Phobia
11-21-2004, 11:44 AM
WE BETTER see a mass exodus on this team! Especially if we go 4-12...we need to clean house. No resentment towards Priest if he decides to retire, we have wasted 3 great years from him already by not putting ANY defense on the field...couldnt blame him for thinking "why go thru all this for NOTHING!".

Well, it's not exactly "NOTHING". These dudes pick the correct 6 numbers every year they play pro ball. Seriously, they're winning the lottery every single season they play. That's SOMETHING. At least, for their families and themselves, it's something. It makes it kinda hard to watch football sometimes.

BigVE
11-21-2004, 11:55 AM
Well, it's not exactly "NOTHING". These dudes pick the correct 6 numbers every year they play pro ball. Seriously, they're winning the lottery every single season they play. That's SOMETHING. At least, for their families and themselves, it's something. It makes it kinda hard to watch football sometimes.

Ok maybe should have said "...for NOTHING more than a bunch of injuries risking a lifelong limp." He has the money, he has several records but he has little of NO chance of a SB ring which at this point in most Rb's careers is all they are playing for. I dont want him to go, just saying I wouldnt blame him.

DaKCMan AP
11-21-2004, 12:02 PM
Ok maybe should have said "...for NOTHING more than a bunch of injuries risking a lifelong limp." He has the money, he has several records but he has little of NO chance of a SB ring which at this point in most Rb's careers is all they are playing for. I dont want him to go, just saying I wouldnt blame him.

The main reason why I think he may retire at the end of the season beyond "why go through all this" is what left does he have to accomplish? He has a rushing title. He has the TD record. He has the all-time Chiefs rushing record. The main thing: he already has a SB ring. He got one with Baltimore.

BigVE
11-21-2004, 12:05 PM
The main reason why I think he may retire at the end of the season beyond "why go through all this" is what left does he have to accomplish? He has a rushing title. He has the TD record. He has the all-time Chiefs rushing record. The main thing: he already has a SB ring. He got one with Baltimore.
Yeah, I already mentioned the records but I forgot about him already having a ring. Im betting he is gone.