PDA

View Full Version : AFC has 7 teams at 7-3 or better. Jax, at 6-4, holds tiebreak...

Coogs
11-21-2004, 07:18 PM
over us. I suppose it is still possible, but a run of the table and a 10-6 finish might not be good enough. Even with a win tomorrow night we are basically 3 games in back of 8 teams with only 6 to play. Not a good day for the R&G, as we saw our faint hopes get even fainter.

Bowser
11-21-2004, 07:20 PM
It's been said every year of my life, so let me say it once more...........

There's always next year.

tk13
11-21-2004, 07:23 PM
It's funny how 10-6 might not be good enough in the AFC, and 8-8 might get you in the playoffs in the NFC....

Bowser
11-21-2004, 07:28 PM
It's funny how 10-6 might not be good enough in the AFC, and 8-8 might get you in the playoffs in the NFC....

The Patriots and the Steelers love hearing that............

philfree
11-21-2004, 07:33 PM
I was trying to figure if we still had a chance to win the division if win out and IMO we could be the longest shot of that scenario is us winning out. :)

PHilFree :arrow:

el borracho
11-21-2004, 07:37 PM
Done before Thanksgiving after playing only one division game = pathetic. Is there any way we could win the rest of our division games and still get a top ten pick in the draft?

2bikemike
11-21-2004, 08:02 PM
Done before Thanksgiving after playing only one division game = pathetic. Is there any way we could win the rest of our division games and still get a top ten pick in the draft?

I am not so worried about where we pick in the draft because it will probably be a fugged up pick that won't make much difference next year.

But I would love to win all of our div. games especially against San Diego my co workers are really dogging on me at this point. Of course I always hate losing to Donkey land as well as the Faiders so we need to kick some ass.

RealSNR
11-21-2004, 10:08 PM
At this point, 10-6 might be good enough to nudge out the Donkos for the AFCW title.

IMO, that's the only way we can get to the playoffs

Bowser
11-21-2004, 10:09 PM
At this point, 10-6 might be good enough to nudge out the Donkos for the AFCW title.

That's not opinion, that's fact. The AFC is too strong to get a wild card at 10-6.

RealSNR
11-21-2004, 10:16 PM
That's not opinion, that's fact. The AFC is too strong to get a wild card at 10-6.The way some people are talking, they act like we're going to get a wildcard.

Nope, you're right.

Mr. Kotter
11-21-2004, 10:18 PM
over us. I suppose it is still possible, but a run of the table and a 10-6 finish might not be good enough. Even with a win tomorrow night we are basically 3 games in back of 8 teams with only 6 to play. Not a good day for the R&G, as we saw our faint hopes get even fainter.

Way to bring me down, dude....10-6 and NOT makin' the playoffs?

I say, WTF.....let's STILL kick their fuggin' azzes. :cuss:

tk13
11-21-2004, 10:27 PM
I was trying to figure if we still had a chance to win the division if win out and IMO we could be the longest shot of that scenario is us winning out. :)

PHilFree :arrow:
We win out, Indianapolis beats both San Diego and Denver, and San Diego beats Denver @ Qualcomm. Chiefs win the division.

(That's the most simple scenario because Indy's the toughest game on both team's schedules. You could replace "Indianapolis" with one chance loss to any team I didn't mention and the result is the same...)

Mr. Kotter
11-21-2004, 11:38 PM
We win out, Indianapolis beats both San Diego and Denver, and San Diego beats Denver @ Qualcomm. Chiefs win the division.

(That's the most simple scenario because Indy's the toughest game on both team's schedules. You could replace "Indianapolis" with one chance loss to any team I didn't mention and the result is the same...)

You SURE you aren't adopted? :hmmm:

tk13
11-21-2004, 11:42 PM
You SURE you aren't adopted? :hmmm:
Alright, I'm really trying, but I don't see where you're coming from. :spock:

Mr. Kotter
11-21-2004, 11:50 PM
Alright, I'm really trying, but I don't see where you're coming from. :spock:

Your mom, appears....well, "blonde," at times; you, OTOH, for a 13 yr old, seem pretty precocious. :hmmm:

But your mom is "hot." :hmmm:

:)

tk13
11-22-2004, 12:03 AM
Your mom, appears....well, "blonde," at times; you, OTOH, for a 13 yr old, seem pretty precocious. :hmmm:

But your mom is "hot." :hmmm:

:)
Is this a joke or do you really think I'm tommykat's son?

Mr. Kotter
11-22-2004, 12:04 AM

I'm assuming you are TommyKat's son.....guess I'm wrong; again! :banghead: :banghead:

philfree
11-22-2004, 12:07 AM

It would appear that way but with the schedules of the Jets, Ravens and Jaguars a wild card is still a possibility "if" (yeah, yeah I know) we win out. Those three teams each have 3 games that will be hard for them to win and along with that the Jets and Jags have injured QBs. I think it's a longer shot for us to win out then it is for the other teams to lose enough for us to have a chance. That goes for winning the division as well as a wild card spot.

PhilFree :arrow:

tk13
11-22-2004, 12:08 AM
I've never met the woman in my life. 13 was the date and minute I was born....

Ugly Duck
11-22-2004, 12:12 AM
I suppose it is still possible.....Wow... you guyz'r the coolest dang fanz - 3 wins at midseason and still thinking playoffs! And I just went and started a thread about KC contending for the #1 draft pick..... I guess it really is all relative to perspective - how Einsteinian!

Mr. Kotter
11-22-2004, 12:13 AM
I've never met the woman in my life. 13 was the date and minute I was born....

My BAD; I feel better that you aren't a precocious 13 year old though.... :p

philfree
11-22-2004, 12:25 AM
Here's the reamianing schedules of the three top Wild Card candidates.

Jets
Sun. Nov. 28 @Arizona 4:15 PM ET
Sun. Dec. 5 Houston 1:00 PM ET
Sun. Dec. 12 @Pittsburgh 4:05 PM ET
Sun. Dec. 19 Seattle 1:00 PM ET
Sun. Dec. 26 New England 4:05 PM ET
Sun. Jan. 2 @St. Louis 1:00 PM ET

All those are possible losses and if Pennington is out for any game the Jets will be up against it.

Ravens
Sun. Nov. 28 @New England 4:15 PM ET
Sun. Dec. 5 Cincinnati 1:00 PM ET
Sun. Dec. 12 NY Giants 1:00 PM ET
Sun. Dec. 19 @Indianapolis 8:30 PM ET
Sun. Dec. 26 @Pittsburgh 1:00 PM ET
Sun. Jan. 2 Miami 1:00 PM ET

@NE,@Indy on MNF and @Pitts with a short week after MNF? Ouch!

Jaguars
Sun. Nov. 28 @Minnesota 1:00 PM ET
Sun. Dec. 5 Pittsburgh 8:30 PM ET
Sun. Dec. 12 Chicago 1:00 PM ET
Sun. Dec. 19 @Green Bay 1:00 PM ET
Sun. Dec. 26 Houston 1:00 PM ET
Sun. Jan. 2 @Oakland 4:15 PM ET

@Minn, Pitts and @the Packers in Dec. And If Leftwitch can't play in any game the cahnce of winning is decreased quite a bit.

PhilFree :arrow:

Joe Seahawk
11-22-2004, 12:47 AM

ROFL

Thanks guys... :thumb:

htismaqe
11-22-2004, 06:02 AM
Wow... you guyz'r the coolest dang fanz - 3 wins at midseason and still thinking playoffs! And I just went and started a thread about KC contending for the #1 draft pick..... I guess it really is all relative to perspective - how Einsteinian!

You're ok. We ARE contending for the #1 pick in the draft.

We're not making the playoffs...

ROYC75
11-22-2004, 08:50 AM
PLAYOFFS ? Have you guys gone NUTS ?

I guess sometimes reality must be a smack to the face, BTA, some guys would even question or doubt that !

cdcox
11-22-2004, 09:00 AM
Might as well post this here, too:

You guys are WAAYYYYYY under estimating the Chiefs wild-card chances IF we go 10-6. We would hold tiebreaker advantages over all other WC teams at 10-6 except Jacksonville since we lost to them straight up. There is a chance that all the wild card teams will have records of 11-5 or better, but that is pretty unlikely too. Some teams are going to drop some games that they "should" win. It happens every year.

In summary, IF we go 10-6 we have a 53% chance of winning the division. IF we go 10-6 and don't win the division, we have a 62% chance of making a wild card. Overall odds of making the playoffs are 82%.

The problem is there is NO WAY, ZERO chance that this team will win the rest of their games. I'm an OFFICIAL doubter.

Rain Man
11-22-2004, 09:18 AM
Wow... you guyz'r the coolest dang fanz - 3 wins at midseason and still thinking playoffs! And I just went and started a thread about KC contending for the #1 draft pick..... I guess it really is all relative to perspective - how Einsteinian!

There's no way we'll get the #1 pick. The Rai ders and the Chiefs never make trades with each other.

ROYC75
11-22-2004, 09:43 AM
There's no way we'll get the #1 pick. The Rai ders and the Chiefs never make trades with each other.

No shit, another reason to hate Al Davis !