PDA

View Full Version : Punch to the jaw by a NBA player. What's it worth?

BigRedChief
11-21-2004, 09:19 PM
Poll to follow. How much would you want to get sucker punched by an NBA player?

Ultra Peanut
11-21-2004, 09:20 PM
$0, because my fat ass was trespassing on the court.

Jenson71
11-21-2004, 09:22 PM
$75

VonneMarie
11-21-2004, 09:22 PM
$0, because my fat ass was trespassing on the court.
ROFL
That guy and his friend is gonna get paid trespassing or not.

Saulbadguy
11-21-2004, 09:23 PM
Depends on who it is. How about Steve Kerr?

Ultra Peanut
11-21-2004, 09:24 PM
Depends on who it is. How about Steve Kerr?I'd take a couple hundred for getting punched in the face by Muggsy Bogues. ROFL

Saulbadguy
11-21-2004, 09:25 PM
I'd take a couple hundred for getting punched in the face by Muggsy Bogues. ROFL
Mugsy Bogues, Spud Webb and Steve Kerr...that'd be a good fight.

Saulbadguy
11-21-2004, 09:25 PM
This poll makes little to no sense.

Saulbadguy
11-21-2004, 09:26 PM
Ron Artest vs Charles Barkley.

BigRedChief
11-21-2004, 09:31 PM
what about that center from the pistons in the late 80's when they were winning? He was a bad ass. vs. Barkley. Also white vs. black. Play the race card. Hire Don King. Sit back and count the money.

Saulbadguy
11-21-2004, 09:31 PM
Bill Lambieer

Ultra Peanut
11-21-2004, 09:44 PM
what about that center from the pistons in the late 80's when they were winning? He was a bad ass.Bill Laimbeer = Badass.
Ron Artest = Street thug.

Nope, no double standard there.

Saulbadguy
11-21-2004, 09:45 PM
Bill Laimbeer = Badass.
Ron Artest = Street thug.

Nope, no double standard there.
He was in the 80's. Oh, and he was white.

Everything was so much better in the "good old days", from what i've been told.

Hammock Parties
11-21-2004, 09:46 PM
I'd do it for a few hundred. Hell, 50 bucks a punch if he lets me get hit as many times as I want.

Ultra Peanut
11-21-2004, 09:46 PM
Everything was so much better in the "good old days", from what i've been told.Good point. Nobody was ever mean or nasty to anyone else.

Saulbadguy
11-21-2004, 09:47 PM
Charles Barkley spat on the fans. Now he is doing commercials about how you should pay more attention to your children.

Saulbadguy
11-21-2004, 09:48 PM
Good point. Nobody was ever mean or nasty to anyone else.
And they played "good old fashioned smash mouth football", and basketball was "so much better, and more pure", and the players "were so much better role models".

BigRedChief
11-21-2004, 09:57 PM
Could you imagine Babe Ruth's drinking and flagrant adultry these days? Or the race baiting of the old time white baseball players? The old days some times aint the good old days.

KcMizzou
11-21-2004, 10:01 PM
Could you imagine Babe Ruth's drinking and flagrant adultry these days? Or the race baiting of the old time white baseball players? The old days some times aint the good old days.Heh.. Ty Cobb, for instance. I read an article last night about him attacking a fan...

A fan who only had one arm...

and that arm only had two fingers.

Yeah.. I'm sure there's a special place in hell for him.

Saulbadguy
11-21-2004, 10:02 PM
But..but..back in the old days, players were great, and only cared about the game, and didn't have this "entitlement" attitude!!!

Ultra Peanut
11-21-2004, 10:06 PM
Heh.. Ty Cobb, for instance.That dude was such a shitbag.

Yeah.. I'm sure there's a special place in hell for him.I hope so.

BigRedChief
11-21-2004, 10:09 PM
Heh.. Ty Cobb, for instance. I read an article last night about him attacking a fan...

A fan who only had one arm...

and that arm only had two fingers.

Yeah.. I'm sure there's a special place in hell for him.

Man that dude must have been a captain or whatever their head honcho is in the Klu Klux Klan. He really did sharpen his spikes also.

KcMizzou
11-21-2004, 10:12 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1927560

Here's that aritcle btw, for anyone who missed it. It's about fighting between players and fans through the years... Pretty interesting.

Ultra Peanut
11-21-2004, 10:16 PM
In the sixth inning of an Astros-Brewers game in Milwaukee, a 23-year-old fan ran onto the field and jumped Houston right fielder Bill Spiers, a former Brewer. As Spiers tried to shake him off, his teammates came to the rescue, led by Mike Hampton, who got in some nasty kicks. Spiers suffered whiplash and was bloodied and bruised. The fan was arrested and held on a $250,000 in bail on charges of battery and disorderly conduct.I wonder if Hampton was suspended for almost a third of the season? :rolleyes:

Vernon Maxwell slugs Portland heckler (Houston Rockets at Portland, 1995)
With the Rockets on the way to a 120-82 loss, Maxwell lost his cool and plunged 12 rows deep to punch a fan who had been heckling him. "If I had been there, I'd have probably cold-cocked him, too," said Maxwell's lawyer. "You can't think of anything more vulgar, more fighting words, than what this guy said to Vernon." Maxwell got a 10-game suspension and $20,000 fine from the NBA.And nobody even touched him or threw anything at him first.

Albert Belle, who disliked being called "Joey," was in the Cleveland Stadium outfield when Jeff Pillar yelled from the left-field stands, "Hey, Joey, keg party at my place after the game, c'mon over." In retrospect, it sounds like a friendly invitation. But at the time, it was a particularly nasty heckle, as Belle had spent much of the previous summer in an alcohol rehab program.

Belle retaliated by picking up a foul ball and throwing a perfect strike at Pillar's chest from about 15 feet away, leaving Pillar with a weltering souvenir.

This was one case when Belle had the clear support of the fans, who gave him a hearty round of applause for nailing Pillar. But Belle got a one-week suspension and a fine from the AL.Awesome. ROFL

Reggie Smith, in the stands at Candlestick (Dodgers at San Francisco, 1981)
Smith, a Dodgers outfielder, had been jeered for half of the game from behind the Dodgers' dugout at Candlestick Park. His stoic stance vis-à-vis the abuse snapped in the sixth, and he went charging into the stands to take on Michael Dooley, a 6-foot-4, 218-pound Giants fan later described by his wife as a "rather mellow guy." Smith got in one good shot, but then the crowd pounded him. Other Dodgers came to the rescue, and pounded the fans back.That damned street thug. Back in the '50s, they didn't do that crap!

jAZ
11-21-2004, 10:24 PM
What are you asking?

- How much would I sue for if I were punched in the jaw by an NBA player?

or

- What the minimum $'s I would require to be paid before allowing an NBA player to punch me?

BigRedChief
11-21-2004, 10:29 PM
What are you asking?

- How much would I sue for if I were punched in the jaw by an NBA player?

or

- What the minimum $'s I would require to be paid before allowing an NBA player to punch me?

however you wish to interput the question? :hmmm:

jAZ
11-21-2004, 10:34 PM
however you wish to interput the question? :hmmm:
Well, I would sue for FAR more than I would be willing to take a punch for.

I would take a punch for as little as $500.

I would take a beating for as little as $10,000

If I were to sue an NBA player for punching me, I'd seek $100,000 dollars.

If I were to sue an NBA player for beating me up, I'd seek well over a million dollars.

Skip Towne
11-21-2004, 10:44 PM
And they played "good old fashioned smash mouth football", and basketball was "so much better, and more pure", and the players "were so much better role models".
You may have accidentally stumbled upon something here. Are you aware there were no "wide receivers" prior to circa 1960? And no facemasks either. Platoon football? Nope. The wide receiver evolved from an Army Player named Bill Carpenter. He played the position of "Lonesome End". He rarely went to the huddle and just stayed out wide. The QB signaled him the play. Paul Dietzel of LSU started "platoon football". e divided his squad into three units. The White Team, The Go Team and the Chinese Bandits. Everybody followed suit with "O" and "D" units. All of this around 1960. So, yes, Saul, they did play smash mouth football in the "good old days". No WR's ballet dances down the sidelines, no facemasks and no specialized teams. You could throw a pass to the "end" or to a back. Other than that you line up your tough guys and we'll line up ours and run right at each oher.

Saulbadguy
11-21-2004, 10:47 PM
You may have accidentally stumbled upon something here. Are you aware there were no "wide receivers" prior to circa 1960? And no facemasks either. Platoon football? Nope. The wide receiver evolved from an Army Player named Bill Carpenter. He played the position of "Lonesome End". He rarely went to the huddle and just stayed out wide. The QB signaled him the play. Paul Dietzel of LSU started "platoon football". e divided his squad into three units. The White Team, The Go Team and the Chinese Bandits. Everybody followed suit with "O" and "D" units. All of this around 1960. So, yes, Saul, they did play smash mouth football in the "good old days". No WR's ballet dances down the sidelines, no facemasks and no specialized teams. You could throw a pass to the "end" or to a back. Other than that you line up your tough guys and we'll line up ours and run right at each oher.
Purist vs Progressive..the endless struggle.

Are you saying you'd rather have no WR's? (Not that the Chiefs have any to speak of currently..)

Skip Towne
11-21-2004, 10:52 PM
I wonder if Hampton was suspended for almost a third of the season? :rolleyes:

And nobody even touched him or threw anything at him first.

Awesome. ROFL

That damned street thug. Back in the '50s, they didn't do that crap!
Somebody call the WAAAmbulance.

WilliamTheIrish
11-21-2004, 10:55 PM
Eh. That article sucked. In 1976, with the Royals trying to hold off the hard charging 3 time World Series champ Oakland A's, all hell broke loose at Oakland Coliseum.

Hal Macrae went back to the wall to catch a long fly, (Hal actually played the outfield without a rotator cuff) when he got doused with a beer. Mac climbed the outfield wall, took the man's umbrella and beat him repeatedly over the noggin. The Royals hung on, and I don't remember if Mac was suspended.

Great memory of a great player.

Skip Towne
11-21-2004, 10:57 PM
Purist vs Progressive..the endless struggle.

Are you saying you'd rather have no WR's? (Not that the Chiefs have any to speak of currently..)
Not at all. It is a much better game now. You were being sarcastic about it being "smash mouth" back then. How the hell would you know? You just got here. It was a much tougher game back then. You could actually smash somebody in the mouth and knock their teeth out with no facemasks.

Saulbadguy
11-21-2004, 10:58 PM
Not at all. It is a much better game now. You were being sarcastic about it being "smash mouth" back then. How the hell would you know? You just got here. It was a much tougher game back then. You could actually smash somebody in the mouth and knock their teeth out with no facemasks.
I wasn't arguing whether or not it was "smash mouth" or not. I was being somewhat satirical of the old folks who complain and moan about the new game, while pining for the old game. The new game is much better now, like you said.

Skip Towne
11-21-2004, 11:08 PM
I wasn't arguing whether or not it was "smash mouth" or not. I was being somewhat satirical of the old folks who complain and moan about the new game, while pining for the old game. The new game is much better now, like you said.
No you weren't. You were being sarcastic about the old days and "smash mouth football" which you know nothing about obviously.

PastorMikH
11-21-2004, 11:29 PM
I guess this question would be dependant upon when the amount is agreed to. If before hand, I might agree to a much lessor amount than I would if I were hit first then went to court. If the later were to happen, I would have to excercise a bit of restraint to keep from trying the first option.

Saulbadguy
11-22-2004, 12:09 AM
No you weren't. You were being sarcastic about the old days and "smash mouth football" which you know nothing about obviously.
No, I wasn't, but ok.

OldTownChief
11-22-2004, 12:52 AM
No money, just a tape to show the grand kids, Hey, check this out, this is when I was drunk.

alanm
11-22-2004, 01:07 AM
He was in the 80's. Oh, and he was white.

Everything was so much better in the "good old days", from what i've been told.Yeah, They knew how to shoot the f*cking ball and hit better than 60% of their free throws.

wazu
11-22-2004, 02:07 AM
Whatever the job pays.

MOhillbilly
11-22-2004, 08:08 AM
Here soon some deranged pro sports player will go into the stands and not come out.

WilliamTheIrish
11-22-2004, 08:18 AM
Yeah, They knew how to shoot the f*cking ball and hit better than 60% of their free throws.

Heh heh. Checkmate there Alan. Very few guys hit the medium range J anymore. Scoring down every year.

Try not to bloody Saul too much with this beating.