PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone find this interesting about Vonnie Holliday?

Lzen
11-22-2004, 09:04 AM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/players/depth_chart

I don't know if this has been posted but, I came across this and wondered if anyone had heard anything. It appears as though Vonnie Holliday is listed behind John Browning and Jared Allen at right defensive end. :eek: Wow! This is a good move, IMO. :thumb:

Rain Man
11-22-2004, 09:14 AM
Wow. Interesting. Can't say I would disagree with it.

Hawg73
11-22-2004, 09:37 AM
What the hell happened to Holliday?

I noticed that he was 3rd on your depth chart, which is quite a decline for a guy that got some pretty decent FA money after tearing it up in Green Bay. How can he suck that bad?

Injuries? Attitude? Too much time promoting a rap CD?

suds79
11-22-2004, 09:41 AM
What the hell happened to Holliday?

I noticed that he was 3rd on your depth chart, which is quite a decline for a guy that got some pretty decent FA money after tearing it up in Green Bay. How can he suck that bad?

Injuries? Attitude? Too much time promoting a rap CD?

Oh this one is simple.

He sucks that bad because our GM thought he was a good sign.

Jamie
11-22-2004, 10:18 AM
Damn, you'd think he'd at least be back-up left end.

el borracho
11-22-2004, 11:00 AM
Great move, but not surprising. I would rather play John Browning, Jared Allen and maybe even Jared from Subway before putting Vonnie Holliday back on the field.

Lzen
11-22-2004, 11:02 AM
I would like to see Jared Allen get the start. Or at the very least, put him in on passing downs (i.e. nickel and dime defenses).

Mr. Laz
11-22-2004, 11:04 AM
IIRC Vonnie Holliday has a real bump in his salary next year.

he hasn't played well enough to deserve that increase and has been moved down the chart because he isn't in the chiefs future.

Mr. Laz
11-22-2004, 11:06 AM
I would like to see Jared Allen get the start. Or at the very least, put him in on passing downs (i.e. nickel and dime defenses).

Allen has been the starter for the last couple of weeks

BigChiefFan
11-22-2004, 11:11 AM
It's called us not willing to pay him the 2nd tier bonus of his contract that is supposed to kick in next year and I'm glad. Vonnie's taken the "all the way to the bank" approach for far too long. Good riddance.

the Talking Can
11-22-2004, 11:16 AM
Holliday has a $5 mill bonus due next year, which, thankfully, he will never see

Lzen
11-22-2004, 11:55 AM
I hope Vonnie is gone next year. He has not earned his paycheck with the Chiefs. I didn't realize the Allen had been starting. The Chiefs website has Browning listed as the starter.