PDA

View Full Version : So we manage a top 5 draft pick

DenverChief
11-22-2004, 10:23 AM
I know it's a little early and positional grades are incomplete, but if the draft were held today and the Chiefs had a top 5 draft pick, what position would you say the Chiefs needed to draft in order to improve the team? Personally I think MLB is a major need as well as CB, which really bums me out because the offense isn't gettting any younger and we need to think about replacements for some of those positions as well...poll coming up

KCTitus
11-22-2004, 10:25 AM
Tony Richardson isnt getting any younger...we need a backup for Omar.

ROYC75
11-22-2004, 10:26 AM
We won't get no top 5 pick unless we trade up .

DenverChief
Tony Richardson isnt getting any younger...we need a backup for Omar.

You don't think Wilson cab be molded to FB?

Otter
MLB, CB, DE, WR, OL, QB

DenverChief

it's a hypothetical ;)

Hoover
11-22-2004, 10:28 AM
If (when) we get a high draft pick. I think we have to go with WR, DE, or CB in the first round.

I would not draft a MLB until the 4th.

DenverChief
11-22-2004, 10:31 AM
If (when) we get a high draft pick. I think we have to go with WR, DE, or CB in the first round.

I take it that means you have given up on Hicks?

KCTitus
11-22-2004, 10:33 AM
it's a hypothetical ;)

Oh...well, I didnt realize that.

Since it's hypothetical, we should trade Tony Richardson and LJ each for another first round pick most likely to Miami and Oakland so KC can have 3 of the top 10 picks in the draft, and get 2 safeties and 1 FB.

DenverChief
11-22-2004, 10:34 AM

Since it's hypothetical, we should trade Tony Richardson and LJ each for another first round pick most likely to Miami and Oakland so KC can have 3 of the top 10 picks in the draft, and get 2 safeties and 1 FB. ROFL hypothetical with reality constraints :p although 2 safeties and a FB does sound like a CP draft :banghead:

Mr. Laz
11-22-2004, 10:36 AM

there's a reason he labels himself Dawes jr.

by all mean lets draft offense in the first round again ... :rolleyes:

Logical
11-22-2004, 10:38 AM

I would not be so sure, I can see us easily losing 6 out of our last 7 games.

Hoover
11-22-2004, 10:40 AM
I take it that means you have given up on Hicks?
Um yeah.

We need a franchise player if we have a high draft pick.

By taking a DE, we would have two young DE (draft pick plus Allen) to go with our young DTs (Jr. and Sims) Like it or not the DL is the strength of our team, so lets build on it.

By taking a CB, we help give our DL time to get to the QB. We also have Warfield who is a good #2 CB, getting a true #1 CB would really help the over all D.

Why not a LB? Because we can get good LBs in the lower rounds, its like taking an Guard in the top half of the draft. I think we need to find a solid FA MLB to give us insurance for Mitchell.

By taking a WR we can improve on Offense. We lack a true #1 WR, we have not had one since Alexander was cut. We need a go to guy to team with either Morton or Kennison.

Hydrae
11-22-2004, 10:40 AM
I know MLB has been a source of problems but throwing another youngster at it is not the solution. Like it or not we are pretty much stuck there between Maz (if he ever plays again) and Mitchell.

For that reason I voted for CB. We need someone to start opposite Warfield and he is not on the team at this time. With luck (and maybe some development) maybe a high round CB could be pushing Warfield for his position by the end of the year.

DE is the other position that would not upset me to see a 1st rounder spent on. Again, too much youth in the middle to seriously consider drafting there again (see Sims and Siavii). But someone to replace Hicks would not be a bad thing! :)

The only other thing I would consider would be a QBOTF. However I doubt Carl would want to pay a high 1st round QB so it will never happen. It is an area of concern in the next couple of years and now would be the perfect time to deal with this. Unless anyone thinks Clausen can be that person.

Hoover
11-22-2004, 10:42 AM
there's a reason he labels himself Dawes jr.

by all mean lets draft offense in the first round again ... :rolleyes:
I want a DE or CB if a stud is sitting there. If not go with a WR.

Using a 1st round pick on another DT or LB would be a waste.

ck_IN
11-22-2004, 10:43 AM
I think our most pressing need is CB. Warfield has finally become a good #2 CB but he's not a #1 CB. We need someone in the Hasty or Dale Carter mold that can lock on the #1 wr.

Past that we need a MLB. I fear Maz is done and Mitchell never was. EJ Henderson who was available would look real good right about now.

Next I'd think about a DE. We've gotten a decent pass rush but it's been mostly from blitzes. I don't know that our front 4 has mounted much pressure. That would help item 1 greatly.

suds79
11-22-2004, 10:43 AM
I've been putting together my own Chiefs draft board because I'm already looking toward next year and I'm torn between a draft board that's built for win next year, or for what's good in the long haul.

Win Next year: (priority order)

1 - CB Antrel Rolle (best CB out there and CBs are hard to find)
2 - OLB Derrick Johnson (best LB in years)
3 - CB Marlin Jackson
4 - MLB Lance Mitchell? Not sure at this point.
5 - DE David Pollack? Against not sure at this point. Need more time 2 see these guys.

Win for the long haul: (priority order)

1 - CB Antrel Rolle
2 - OLB Derrick Johnson
3 - WR Mike Williams (freaky skills. We need the big WR)
4 - CB Marlin Jackson
5 - WR Braylon Edwards (big guy and has been super productive)
6 - OT Jammal Brown (Willie getting old and Welbourne sucks. OT Barron from Florida St. I hear is weak on the run) Could go Munoz here also.)
7 - QB Aaron Rogers (bigtime arm and fairly mobile)

DenverChief
11-22-2004, 10:49 AM

Who does he play for?

Saulbadguy
11-22-2004, 10:50 AM
Derrick Johnson, OLB, Texas.

Saulbadguy
11-22-2004, 10:51 AM
Who does he play for?
Cal.

Hoover
11-22-2004, 10:52 AM
Out of that list I would go with either CBs, if they are gone I'd go with a WR.

Saulbadguy
11-22-2004, 10:52 AM
I've been putting together my own Chiefs draft board because I'm already looking toward next year and I'm torn between a draft board that's built for win next year, or for what's good in the long haul.

Win Next year: (priority order)

1 - CB Antrel Rolle (best CB out there and CBs are hard to find)
2 - OLB Derrick Johnson (best LB in years)
3 - CB Marlin Jackson
4 - MLB Lance Mitchell? Not sure at this point.
5 - DE David Pollack? Against not sure at this point. Need more time 2 see these guys.

Win for the long haul: (priority order)

1 - CB Antrel Rolle
2 - OLB Derrick Johnson
3 - WR Mike Williams (freaky skills. We need the big WR)
4 - CB Marlin Jackson
5 - WR Braylon Edwards (big guy and has been super productive)
6 - OT Jammal Brown (Willie getting old and Welbourne sucks. OT Barron from Florida St. I hear is weak on the run) Could go Munoz here also.)

I don't think Marlin Jackson is 1st round talent. But, I could be wrong. He should be a late first rounder, early 2nd rounder. IMO Mike Williams isn't a good fit for our offense. I'd rather see Braylon Edwards or Mark Clayton (more so Clayton) in a Chiefs uni.

Mr. Laz
11-22-2004, 10:58 AM
I want a DE or CB if a stud is sitting there. If not go with a WR.

Using a 1st round pick on another DT or LB would be a waste.

i've seen nothing to suggest that our linebackers are good enough

mitchell cant even beat beisel out without help from injuries

barber older AND hasn't been playing all the great anyway

Fujita is passable and may be good enough with better supporting cast

that leaves 2 linebacker positions we could draft for and them start immediately.

cornerback? ... take your pick, i haven't seen a guy on our entire roster that can really man up and cover without major help. (btw Warfield is a 8/9 veteran and prolly only has a couple years left)

safety - both our starters are playing like crap... the only reason they stay as starters is because we just gave them both brand new contracts

defensive tackle - Sims hasnt shown anything special ... savaii and dalton have shown to be decent nose tackle types. browning is better at LDE. so far i don't see a starting off tackle on the squad.

Right Defensive end- Allen shows some promise ... holliday is gone... drafting another (REAL) Right DE to mix in with Jared Allen would be just fine

Left defensive End the only position on defense we shouldn't draft. Not because we are just so good there... but just because we got like 3,000 of them already on the roster. Holliday,Browning,Hicks,Wilkerson...

nope ... forget wide receiver in the 1st round. surely we can find an impact defensive player consider we need one at virtually every position.

suds79
11-22-2004, 10:59 AM
Who does he play for?

Cal.

Brock
11-22-2004, 11:00 AM
If there was a QB or LT worthy of a top 5 pick, that is how I would pick. But there doesn't appear to be, so I think you have to upgrade the secondary.

Otter
11-22-2004, 11:03 AM

Since it's hypothetical, we should trade Tony Richardson and LJ each for another first round pick most likely to Miami and Oakland so KC can have 3 of the top 10 picks in the draft, and get 2 safeties and 1 FB.
Once again you fail to see the big picture.

Walter Lujio-Wojohosky - Senior - Woody Allen Community College - Full Back/Strong Saftey

Walter is an aggressive hitter with some football instincts; Like a refrigator with legs; Played every game his senior season at both the full back and strong saftey position; May be exhausted from a season of dual duties; Can play tight end in a pinch; doesn't like sleeves on his shirts.

Hoover
11-22-2004, 11:04 AM

that leaves 2 linebacker positions we could draft for and them start immediately.

cornerback? ... take your pick, i haven't seen a guy on our entire roster that can really man up and cover without major help. (btw Warfield is a 8/9 veteran and prolly only has a couple years left)

safety - both our starters are playing like crap... the only reason they stay as starters is because we just gave them both brand new contracts

defensive tackle - Sims hasnt shown anything special ... savaii and dalton have shown to be decent nose tackle types. browning is better at LDE. so far i don't see a starting off tackle on the squad.

Right Defensive end- Allen shows some promise ... holliday is gone... drafting another (REAL) Right DE to mix in with Jared Allen would be just fine

Left defensive End the only position on defense we shouldn't draft. Not because we are just so good there... but just because we got like 3,000 of them already on the roster. Holliday,Browning,Hicks,Wilkerson...

nope ... forget wide receiver in the 1st round. surely we can find an impact defensive player consider we need one at virtually every position.
Its about Value, and how much Money this team can sink into contract at one positions.

After looking at your needs listed above (CB, S, DT, DE) I think it would be stupid for this team to spend a top 5 pick on a S, or another DT. We can't just keep drafting DT every year in the first round, it hurts the rest of the team by not adding young talet to other areas.

Like I said, I want a DE, or CB, but would also look at a WR as well. All you want to look at in my posts are WR, thats my thrid option. I want a playmake period. I think a DE or CB would be the best option for this team, but if the top guys are gone and I could grab the best WR in the draft I'll do it in a heartbeat. Its a good way to keep trent Greens production high and would also help Tony G and Holmes.

suds79
I don't think Marlin Jackson is 1st round talent. But, I could be wrong. He should be a late first rounder, early 2nd rounder. IMO Mike Williams isn't a good fit for our offense. I'd rather see Braylon Edwards or Mark Clayton (more so Clayton) in a Chiefs uni.

I love Edwards production and Clayton is a stud also but I think we should question the type of WR in our offense.

Yeah right now Williams probably isn't the type but does that mean he isn't the right guy?

Maybe DV is wrong? DV likes fast/quick WRs. Well he's had years so where are they?

Trent, though accurate, doesn't exactly have a big arm to wing it down field 50 yards as our fast guys zip past the CBs as Daunte Culpepper does to Moss.

But Trent does trive on the big targets (ie - Tony G). Trent is so good at putting it high where only his guy can get it. My question is why can't we get a guy as big as Tony who's just faster?... We can. He's Mike Williams.

DenverChief

Good points but I have to say if Beisel can make the switch back to MLB are you okay with Mitchell as his backup? or would you rather draft someone to start over Mitchell and move Beisel to OLB?

Hoover
11-22-2004, 11:05 AM
On LB's, I think its stupid to reach and take one in the first five picks.

Saulbadguy
11-22-2004, 11:05 AM
I love Edwards production and Clayton is a stud also but I think we should question the type of WR in our offense.

Yeah right now Williams probably isn't the type but does that mean he isn't the right guy?

Maybe DV is wrong? DV likes fast/quick WRs. Well he's had years so where are they?

Trent, though accurate, doesn't exactly have a big arm to wing it down field 50 yards as our fast guys zip past the CBs as Daunte Culpepper does to Moss.

But Trent does trive on the big targets (ie - Tony G). Trent is so good at putting it high where only his guy can get it. My question is why can't we get a guy as big as Tony who's just faster?... We can. He's Mike Williams.
Interesting...even though I think Mike Williams is just another Keyshawn Johnson.

DenverChief
11-22-2004, 11:06 AM
Once again you fail to see the big picture.

Walter Lujio-Wojohosky - Senior - Woody Allen Community College - Full Back/Strong Saftey

Walter is an aggressive hitter with some football instincts; Like a refrigator with legs; Played every game his senior season at both the full back and strong saftey position; May be exhausted from a season of dual duties; Can play tight end in a pinch; doesn't like sleeves on his shirts. ROFL

Chiefnj
11-22-2004, 11:08 AM
Take the best available athlete. Base it primarily on the kids college play (at his natural position). Secondary factors are room for improvement and then combine/workout numbers. Do not reach for a position of need in the first 2 rounds.

DenverChief
11-22-2004, 11:09 AM

you don't think there are any LB's out there worthy of a top 5 pick?

ChiefsCountry
11-22-2004, 11:10 AM
I want either Derrick Johnson, Braylon Edwards or Mark Clayton. Too bad there isn't a stud OT this year. Roaf is getting old and Welbourn is in our future plans, but he is going to be Will Shields replacement at guard.

Mr. Laz
11-22-2004, 11:11 AM

Like I said, I want a DE, or CB, but would also look at a WR as well. All you want to look at in my posts are WR, thats my thrid option

actually i was just going by your first post .... when WR was listed as your first option.

apparently you have changed your mind in mid thread

which is fine ... if nothing is available you go with the best stud for your money. But i find it hard to believe we cant find a stud defensive player with a top 10 pick.

DenverChief
11-22-2004, 11:14 AM
But i find it hard to believe we cant find a stud defensive player with a top 10 pick.

TOP 5! ;)

el borracho
11-22-2004, 11:14 AM
In order of preference: DE, CB, WR.

Mr. Laz
11-22-2004, 11:15 AM

now your changing the question...

the original question was "what position do we need with a top 5 pick"

now your throwing in draft evaluation

"what position in the draft would be of best value for us with a top 5 pick"

the questions are quite a bit different

the Talking Can
11-22-2004, 11:21 AM
Um yeah.

We need a franchise player if we have a high draft pick.

By taking a DE, we would have two young DE (draft pick plus Allen) to go with our young DTs (Jr. and Sims) Like it or not the DL is the strength of our team, so lets build on it.

By taking a CB, we help give our DL time to get to the QB. We also have Warfield who is a good #2 CB, getting a true #1 CB would really help the over all D.

Why not a LB? Because we can get good LBs in the lower rounds, its like taking an Guard in the top half of the draft. I think we need to find a solid FA MLB to give us insurance for Mitchell.

By taking a WR we can improve on Offense. We lack a true #1 WR, we have not had one since Alexander was cut. We need a go to guy to team with either Morton or Kennison.

this sounds good to me, especially the part about looking to FA for a LB...I'm not couting on Barber being back and we desperatly need some experience there

Hydrae
11-22-2004, 11:24 AM
Why is everyone so hot on drafting a WR? Morton has stepped up decently this year (I know, he is not really a number one type receiver. Whatever that is supposed to mean), Kennison is looking okay since coming back from injury. We will also be getting Bo back as well as Parker. Dante isn't going anywhere and R. Smith has looked good in the chances he has been given. So which of these guys are you going to cut for a 1st rounder?

I just do not see this position as one of our strengths but I also don't see it as a problem area like so much of the defense. :shrug:

suds79
11-22-2004, 11:30 AM
Why is everyone so hot on drafting a WR? Morton has stepped up decently this year (I know, he is not really a number one type receiver. Whatever that is supposed to mean), Kennison is looking okay since coming back from injury. We will also be getting Bo back as well as Parker. Dante isn't going anywhere and R. Smith has looked good in the chances he has been given. So which of these guys are you going to cut for a 1st rounder?

I just do not see this position as one of our strengths but I also don't see it as a problem area like so much of the defense. :shrug:

I guess it depends on if you still think that next year can be "the year".

If you do, then yeah you draft defense because we need it.

But if you don't, then you draft for the best player avaliable (within reason. ex: drafting another TE).

Example: According to projections, is WR Mike Williams going to be a better pro player than say 2nd or 3rd best CB Marlin Jackson? Yeah probably. So you go with that guy to help the team the most.

Morton & Kennison aren't getting any younger you know. And with the offense aiging with every passing moment, they're going to soon need all the help they can get.

Chiefnj
11-22-2004, 11:31 AM

A top WR will usually beat a top CB over the course of the game. IMO, you don't pass up the opportunity for a Moss/Harrison/Chad Johnson/Andre Johnson etc.

ROYC75
11-22-2004, 11:34 AM
Good points but I have to say if Beisel can make the switch back to MLB are you okay with Mitchell as his backup? or would you rather draft someone to start over Mitchell and move Beisel to OLB?

Biesel nor Mitchell is a run stopper @ MLB. Both are backup players, period. I say we give Rich a chance and draft MLB help/ or a starter @ MLB.

Biesel can play outside, Mitchell has enough speed to be OLB. Mitchell did play OLB some in college, not like he can't do it again.BTA, maybe he can't do that either.

DenverChief
11-22-2004, 11:35 AM

Good points, however I am upset with all the WR fumbles this year...yeah Priest has ahd his share too but they were not as air-brained as Mortons and Kennisons were...I think Parker and Smith (isn't he on our PS?) will break regulars oneday but are they #1/2 material:shrug:

DenverChief
11-22-2004, 11:36 AM
A top WR will usually beat a top CB over the course of the game. IMO, you don't pass up the opportunity for a Moss/Harrison/Chad Johnson/Andre Johnson etc.

Agreed

Hoover
11-22-2004, 11:38 AM
actually i was just going by your first post .... when WR was listed as your first option.

apparently you have changed your mind in mid thread

which is fine ... if nothing is available you go with the best stud for your money. But i find it hard to believe we cant find a stud defensive player with a top 10 pick.
I have not changed my mind, never did I say go WR first. Christ man.

Mr. Laz
11-22-2004, 11:39 AM
yeah Priest has ahd his share too but they were not as air-brained as Mortons and Kennisons were
:hmmm: :hmmm:

seems to me that the fumbles were pretty much identical

long play ... caught from behind .. failure to secure ball

these 3 things apply to all the fumbles for the most part

holmes just gets a free pass(rightly so) because he does so many other great things. But that doesnt make the actual fumble any different.

DenverChief
11-22-2004, 11:40 AM
:hmmm: :hmmm:

seems to me that the fumbles were pretty much identical

long play ... caught from behind .. failure to secure ball

these 3 things apply to all the fumbles for the most part

holmes just gets a free pass(rightly so) because he does so many other great things. But that doesnt make the actual fumble any different.

Oh I forgot about that fumble....I remembered the two he had in the piles...both against ATL IIRC

Mr. Laz
11-22-2004, 11:42 AM
I have not changed my mind, never did I say go WR first. Christ man.
my mistake then...

i guess i just misunderstood when you listed WR first in your post then

Hoover
11-22-2004, 11:43 AM
now your changing the question...

the original question was "what position do we need with a top 5 pick"

now your throwing in draft evaluation

"what position in the draft would be of best value for us with a top 5 pick"

the questions are quite a bit different
Thje question was "if the draft were held today and the Chiefs had a top 5 draft pick, what position would you say the Chiefs needed to draft in order to improve the team?"

My answers is DE, CB or WR.

I would go with a DE or CB over a WR.

If the top DE and CB were gone by the time we pick, and the top WR was there, I would draft him.

Pretty simple.

I would not use a top 5 pick to draft a DT, any LB, or any S.

The only way I would draft an offensive play in the top 5 is if it were a stud WR.

All of the above is based on the current state of the Chiefs this year.

Mr. Laz
11-22-2004, 11:44 AM
Oh I forgot about that fumble....I remembered the two he had in the piles...both against ATL IIRC

yea...

priest has been fumbling the ball alot lately(he just hasn't lost them all)

he's been fight hard for the extra yards and has also got in the habit of trying to break his fall with his ball arm.

you stick that elbow out to catch your fall with your ball arm and it exposes the ball.

both Morton and Holmes have a bad habit of doing it recently

Chiefnj
11-22-2004, 11:48 AM
An in-thread hypothetical. Who do you draft at #6?

1. Miami - Antrel Rolle (CB).
2. San Fran. - Leinart (QB).
3. Chicago - Brown (OT)
4. Oakland - Mike Williams (WR)
5. Wash - Johnson (OLB).
6. KC - ????

The top WR, OLB and WR are gone.

suds79
11-22-2004, 11:51 AM

3. Chicago - Brown (OT)
5. Wash - Johnson (OLB).
6. KC - ????

Man that'd suck.

:hmmm: ... As much as we need D, I think our time has passed so I'd say Braylon Edwards with Marlin Jackson as a close 2nd.

Just not sure... Did I say that'd suck?

DenverChief
11-22-2004, 11:57 AM

3. Chicago - Brown (OT)
5. Wash - Johnson (OLB).
6. KC - ????

Gawd you mean we'd have to lose to Oakland twice? :Lin:

Hoover
11-22-2004, 12:17 PM
my mistake then...

i guess i just misunderstood when you listed WR first in your post then
FYI,

In the poll I voted for a DE

el borracho
11-22-2004, 10:39 PM
Anyone still think that a receiver in the first is such a bad idea?

DenverChief
11-22-2004, 11:11 PM
I WANT KRIS WILSON!:cuss:

suds79
11-22-2004, 11:15 PM
Anyone still think that a receiver in the first is such a bad idea?

I guess not after that performance.

el borracho
11-22-2004, 11:20 PM

3. Chicago - Brown (OT)
5. Wash - Johnson (OLB).
6. KC - ????

The best DE available, assuming there is one who merits the #6 pick.

DenverChief
11-23-2004, 03:10 AM
So now that this poll seems relevant...after tonight performance has your opinion changes as to what we need to draft in the first round? I'' almost inclined to go DE but we need a CB so bad its pathetic....I'm thinkin we should hold off on offense and let Parker, Smith and Wilson work their way into the lineup next preseason....1st CB, 2nd DE, 3rd LB, ..then anything goes

Demonpenz
11-23-2004, 03:12 AM
I would like Derrick Johnson from Texas. He could be a playmaker.

el borracho
11-23-2004, 03:12 AM
My opinion is the same: DE, CB, WR in that order.

DenverChief
11-23-2004, 03:20 AM
WR

I dunno if we really need a WR with Smith, Parker and Wilson waiting in the wings

Demonpenz
11-23-2004, 03:21 AM
if a WR is the best value on the board from the 4th round on...

Hammock Parties
11-23-2004, 03:23 AM
I would like Derrick Johnson from Texas. He could be a playmaker.

He's my pick.

el borracho
11-23-2004, 03:31 AM
I dunno if we really need a WR with Smith, Parker and Wilson waiting in the wings
Those guys have proven even less than Boerigter and Horn. Why would I count on them? By that logic, we have Fox and Scanlon waiting in the wings and don't need linebackers. I don't believe that.

If the best DE and the best CB (Rolle) are gone and the best WR (Williams) is still there we should take Williams.

Demonpenz
11-23-2004, 03:31 AM
We should think about developing a QB

Demonpenz
11-23-2004, 03:32 AM
Mike williams is not a dick vermiel WR

Demonpenz
11-23-2004, 03:33 AM
I want to see one of our corners back to saftey. I want to see if mitchell sucks as hard if he plays Outside. I want to see what if anything johnson has to offer.

el borracho
11-23-2004, 03:37 AM
Mike williams is not a dick vermiel WR
"Priest Holmes is not an every down running back."

If the guy is the best prospect at his position, you take him and find a way to use him.

Demonpenz
11-23-2004, 03:39 AM
priest isn't an everydown back. if he was he wouldn't fall apart every year.

DenverChief
11-23-2004, 03:43 AM
Those guys have proven even less than Boerigter and Horn. Why would I count on them? By that logic, we have Fox and Scanlon waiting in the wings and don't need linebackers. I don't believe that.

If the best DE and the best CB (Rolle) are gone and the best WR (Williams) is still there we should take Williams.

Well there ya go...we are loaded at WR....Boerigter, Horn, Kennison, Morton, Wilson, Parker, Smith, and Mcintyre....if you take Kennison and Morton out one of the others is bound to jump to #1 and any could be a solid #2

I just think Drafting a WR #1 is about as smart as drafting LJ #1

DenverChief
11-23-2004, 03:45 AM
"Priest Holmes is not an every down running back."

If the guy is the best prospect at his position, you take him and find a way to use him.

:shudder: Larry Johnson anyone?

htismaqe
11-23-2004, 06:47 AM
We need a game-breaking DE like nobody's business...

Tribal Warfare
11-23-2004, 06:51 AM
Derrick Johnson or Ahmad Brooks

OldTownChief
11-23-2004, 07:05 AM
I didn't read this thread yet but I noticed the 2 votes for (WR). I'm sure these votes came from Dick Vermiel and Carl Peterson. I'm sure we will go through this off season listning to all the dickwads talk about how we need a WR as our first pick. Un****ingbelievable.

KCTitus
11-23-2004, 08:05 AM
I didn't read this thread yet but I noticed the 2 votes for (WR). I'm sure these votes came from Dick Vermiel and Carl Peterson. I'm sure we will go through this off season listning to all the dickwads talk about how we need a WR as our first pick. Un****ingbelievable.

WR or FB...it's really a toss up at this point.