PDA

View Full Version : We may have the best O-line in the NFL, but...

Frankie
11-22-2004, 03:15 PM
... does anyone else see signs that age might be catching up with it? Seems like towards the end of games they tire out a bit and don't protect/block well. Please tell me I'm wrong and why.

Rausch
11-22-2004, 03:17 PM
I think our line (save RT) has played great all year. Sure, Meat Roaf has been beaten on a few plays but everyone gets beat now and again.

As a whole, when we turn the game over to our line they produce. They only exception has been the last play of the game when once or twice a 3 man rush has gotten to Green.

WTF is up with that?

Frankie
11-22-2004, 03:21 PM
The only exception has been the last play of the game when once or twice a 3 man rush has gotten to Green.

WTF is up with that?

That's exactly what I mean. Aren't offenses supposed to be less tired than Defenses in the 4th quarter? Especially the lines?

Amnorix
11-22-2004, 03:25 PM
That's exactly what I mean. Aren't offenses supposed to be less tired than Defenses in the 4th quarter? Especially the lines?

Not necessarily. Remember that defensive lines often use substitution systems while offensive lines do not. You'll see the Patriots use at least 5 defensive linemen on many snaps tonight, mainly in a 3-4 formation but sometimes in a 4-3. When in a 4-3, sometimes one of our linebackers (usually Willie McGinest but on rare occassion Rosevelt Colvin or Mike Vrabel) will put their hand down and be, in effect, a defensive end.

morphius
11-22-2004, 03:30 PM
If I were a D I would just rush 3 all the time, they seem to be able to handle 4 and 5 people coming, but 3 seems to be its achilles...

ROYC75
11-22-2004, 03:34 PM
I know what the problem is ,Anytime our OL see's 3 guys rushing, they get confused on who is blocking who and who gets to take the play off !

Frankie
11-22-2004, 03:50 PM
Not necessarily. Remember that defensive lines often use substitution systems while offensive lines do not. You'll see the Patriots use at least 5 defensive linemen on many snaps tonight, mainly in a 3-4 formation but sometimes in a 4-3. When in a 4-3, sometimes one of our linebackers (usually Willie McGinest but on rare occassion Rosevelt Colvin or Mike Vrabel) will put their hand down and be, in effect, a defensive end.
Great point. :thumb:

Hoover
11-22-2004, 03:55 PM
The only one I worry about is Roaf. Shields has plenty of gas left in the tank.

Spicy McHaggis
11-22-2004, 04:03 PM
Man its going to break me up to see Wilfork playing against us. I was screaming for us to trade up to grab him. A possible top ten goes to the Pats and the rich get richer.

RealSNR
11-22-2004, 04:44 PM
I'll tell you that you're wrong, but it won't be about football :p

TEX
11-22-2004, 06:04 PM
The only one I worry about is Roaf. Shields has plenty of gas left in the tank.

I worry about our RT as Welbourn $UCKS... :shake: