PDA

View Full Version : Attendance for Chargers game?

OPChief
11-22-2004, 11:23 PM
So how many will actually show up at Arrowhead for the Chargers game? Its time to send a message, folks. :(

3 and 7. Holy crap. I feel like its 1978, I'm 8 years old again, and I'm bawling almost every week after a (tough) loss. :(

2bikemike
11-22-2004, 11:25 PM
Hell win or lose if I was in KC and had tickets to the game I would be there.

OPChief
11-22-2004, 11:27 PM
"Hell win or lose if I was in KC and had tickets to the game I would be there."

It gets old. I'm glad I turned down a (free) ticket from two different people today at work.

ChiefsCountry
11-22-2004, 11:31 PM
78000+

OPChief
11-22-2004, 11:33 PM
"78000+"

I'd be surprised, since that was not the case tonight.

RedandGold
11-22-2004, 11:37 PM
I'll be there with the wife...

Even though this season has been a disappointment, I'm not going to miss out on a chance to see a game at Arrowhead!

Monty
11-22-2004, 11:37 PM
I only get to go to 2-3 games a year....this will be one of them. If I still lived up there, I'd be at every game. I'd be bitching and carrying large, anti-Carl signs, but I'd be there. :thumb:

..I can guarantee lots of :BLVD: to make it more enjoyable. I just hope I don't get the urge again to go beat up the refs like I did at the Texans game..... :shake:

Coach
11-22-2004, 11:39 PM
I only get to go to 2-3 games a year....this will be one of them. If I still lived up there, I'd be at every game. I'd be bitching and carrying large, anti-Carl signs, but I'd be there. :thumb:

..I can guarantee lots of :BLVD: to make it more enjoyable. I just hope I don't get the urge again to go beat up the refs like I did at the Texans game..... :shake:

If you are going to make large anti-Carl signs, make it real good. I want CP gone after this season.

Go something like "Hey Carl! Where's that 6.6 million at?"

Monty
11-23-2004, 12:00 AM
If you are going to make large anti-Carl signs, make it real good. I want CP gone after this season.

Go something like "Hey Carl! Where's that 6.6 million at?"

I was thinking of something like:

Carl

Bungles

Salary Cap

...but I'm sure I'll come up with something better during the trip.

Rausch
11-23-2004, 12:01 AM
I've been promised tickets. We'll have to see.

Coach
11-23-2004, 12:03 AM

Carl

Bungles

Salary Cap

Oh, that's a good one. Suggestion, why not make a thread/poll where you can get other CP members about their insight of making an anti-Carl posterboard?

ChiTown
11-23-2004, 12:03 AM
78000+

to start the game, yes, and about 42K by the end of the 3rd qtr.

2bikemike
11-23-2004, 12:07 AM

Carl

Bungles

Salary Cap

Or you could Say

Carl
Blows
Season

Coach
11-23-2004, 12:08 AM
Or you could Say

Carl
Botched the
Season

Wile_E_Coyote
11-23-2004, 12:08 AM
losing Chiefs is still better than the off season

Monty
11-23-2004, 12:12 AM
Or you could Say

Carl
Blows
Season

I like that one...... :thumb:

or.....

the KCJohnny sign:

Marty,
Come
Back
Soon!

Iowanian
11-23-2004, 09:44 AM
Earlier in the year, I called my "people" for tickets including the MNF game, and the home Division games.........un available.

Mysteriously, this morning some tickets 14 rows from the field are going cheap................

FloridaChief
11-23-2004, 10:00 AM
I take it we should expect a thread like this every week now?

Every goddamned day...

Iowanian
11-23-2004, 10:06 AM
Delt..........

If I were to attend that Game I'd blacken out my front teeth(to simulate they were missing, not to look like I had a case of Densemouth)..........and hold a sign that said "ALL I WANT FO CWIMMASS ITH A NEW GM"

I'd probably top it off with a Santa hat...............and in my single days, the Spring with the Missil Toe

Iowanian
11-23-2004, 10:12 AM
I expect nothing less.

......I think it'd score more than the Opponents Offense.

OCChargerFan
11-23-2004, 02:45 PM
I know you guys are pretty down on your team right now but as a Chargers fan I'm scared as hell of Sunday's game. We haven't won at your place in a long time, this may be our best chance.

I heard Priest is not playing. Did you guys lose someone else last night too? A defensive back maybe?

patteeu
11-23-2004, 02:55 PM
I'll be there with my wife. Looking forward to it although not as much as I was when I agreed to buy the tickets during the Jacksonville game.

If there are any people out there who are so disgusted by the Chiefs that they don't want to go to Arrowhead for any of the remaining games, let me dispose of your tickets for you.

Monty
11-23-2004, 02:55 PM
Did you guys lose someone else last night too? A defensive back maybe?

Nope, you can't lose what you never had in the first place.

BigRedChief
11-23-2004, 03:25 PM
As a jaded season ticket holder that needs to be reminded just how cool it is to go to Arrowhead I like these type of posts. I sold my tickets (at face value)to a friend who wanted to take his son to a Chiefs game for the first time.

You are not allowed to post or hold up any signs that are negative about the Chiefs or their players. Security will politely ask you to take them down and if not you will be forcibly removed.

Arrowhead is not a free speech zone.

Chief Henry
11-23-2004, 03:41 PM
Earlier in the year, I called my "people" for tickets including the MNF game, and the home Division games.........un available.

Mysteriously, this morning some tickets 14 rows from the field are going cheap................

Fans are starting thier revolt. I started mine after the New Orleans
game.

Phobia
11-23-2004, 03:47 PM
Did you guys lose someone else last night too? A defensive back maybe?

Jerome Woods. I know it sucks to be you. He was an automatic 14 points.

dtebbe
11-23-2004, 05:53 PM
As a jaded season ticket holder that needs to be reminded just how cool it is to go to Arrowhead I like these type of posts. I sold my tickets (at face value)to a friend who wanted to take his son to a Chiefs game for the first time.

You are not allowed to post or hold up any signs that are negative about the Chiefs or their players. Security will politely ask you to take them down and if not you will be forcibly removed.

Arrowhead is not a free speech zone.

I wonder what they would do if you were wearing a paper bag on your head?

DT

Phobia
11-23-2004, 05:57 PM
I wonder what they would do if you were wearing a paper bag on your head?

DT

Present him with a civic award?

http://eteamz.active.com/lscardinals/images/dougjpg.jpg

Lightning Strikes
11-23-2004, 06:42 PM
So how many will actually show up at Arrowhead for the Chargers game? Its time to send a message, folks. :(

3 and 7. Holy crap. I feel like its 1978, I'm 8 years old again, and I'm bawling almost every week after a (tough) loss. :(

Actually you could pretty much substitute any year of the '80s for your above quote. Unfortunately, it appears the Chefs will be revisiting those years shortly. I do wish you good luck on the upcoming game against my Bolts. Even with the current state of your franchise, most Bolt fans respect your offense with or without Priest. I definitely think the Chefs have the best O-line in football. It makes stars out of otherwise ordinary running backs like Holmes. Keep Blaylock back there and he's sure to be a Pro Bowler soon! I think Priest's Baltimore years summed up his true ability as a running back. Obviously the Ravens must have realized this when they elected to retain Lewis over Holmes. I perused this site today and noticed many Chefs fans are like the Raider Nation in making it a point to refer to my Bolts dismal history. It's almost like the Chefs have gone to a Super Bowl in the last 30 years! Maybe that chip on your shoulders is due to your famous barbeque joints rather than your team's history! I feel sorry for the Chef's fans out there clinging to the faintest of hopes of sweeping your remaining games, finishing 9-7 and somehow making the playoffs. The Bolts will put the Chef's out of their misery this weekend. The final stake will be driven through the collective heart of Kansas City. Cheer up though, Royals spring training is only 3 months away!

Logical
11-23-2004, 06:50 PM
I take it we should expect a thread like this every week now?

I doubt it, we are not at home every week from here to the end of the season.

Lightning Strikes
11-23-2004, 06:59 PM
"otherwise ordinary running backs like Holmes"

ROFL

I'll give Holmes credit for having 3 "nice" years behind that dominant line of yours. 3 years does not make a Hall of Famer (see Terrell Davis). I really suggest taking a look at his stats during his 3 years in Baltimore. He broke a 1000 yards only once during that time and it took him 16 games to do it! 1008 yards in 1998! That's about 63 yards a game, the way I figure it. Very ordinary. Put him on a team with an average line and he'll probably rush for 1000 yards with 4-6 touchdowns. Put him on a team with a terrible line and 1000 yards is probably a dream, let alone 100 catches, 17 touchdowns and 1600+ yards rushing. No, he's not L.T. Not even close. Lacking the cutback ability, durability and field vision of L.T., Priest would have been lucky to be Jesse Chatman's backup on the 2003 Bolts!

Logical
11-23-2004, 06:59 PM
For the next three weeks they can talk about boycotting the Broncos game.

How silly of me, of course that could happen here.:thumb:

Logical
11-23-2004, 07:01 PM
I'll give Holmes credit for having 3 "nice" years behind that dominant line of yours. 3 years does not make a Hall of Famer (see Terrell Davis). I really suggest taking a look at his stats during his 3 years in Baltimore. He broke a 1000 yards only once during that time and it took him 16 games to do it! 1008 yards in 1998! That's about 63 yards a game, the way I figure it. Very ordinary. Put him on a team with an average line and he'll probably rush for 1000 yards with 4-6 touchdowns. Put him on a team with a terrible line and 1000 yards is probably a dream, let alone 100 catches, 17 touchdowns and 1600+ yards rushing. No, he's not L.T. Not even close. Lacking the cutback ability, durability and field vision of L.T., Priest would have been lucky to be Jesse Chatman's backup on the 2003 Bolts!

Too bad we don't ban people for being stupid.

Logical
11-23-2004, 07:02 PM
No shit. LT was a linebacker.ROFL ROFL

Lightning Strikes
11-23-2004, 07:10 PM
No shit. LT was a linebacker.

Please forgive me for my recent smack talk. I'm still going through the motions after dealing with Raider fan. Priest actually is a great back! I still believe Ladainian Tomlinson(just for you, ENDelt260) is better. You guys seem to have a great site with knowledgable fans! Good luck this weekend! I think the game will be a high scoring but close. Obviously the Chargers have had a terrible time at Arrowhead, so I'm a little worried about how this game turns out! Either way it should be entertaining!