PDA

View Full Version : Al Saunders...you're fired!

Ralphy Boy
11-22-2004, 11:23 PM
Insert Donald Trump smilie here.

If he cannot alter his game plan to take advantage of fourth & fifth string cornerbacks better than that, he is worthless.

Hell maybe it's Green, I don't know, but for us to not take better advantage than we did is inexcusable.

el borracho
11-22-2004, 11:28 PM
Too many drops to fire the coordinator. Different game if our receivers could catch.

NewChief
11-22-2004, 11:31 PM
It's amazing the amount of yards put up in passing with these receivers. I was actually getting pretty high on them the last couple of weeks, thinking they were coming around, but tonight was inexcusable.

ChiefsCountry
11-22-2004, 11:32 PM
Its amazing we put up the numbers we do with the receivers we have, if it was 1997 then I would be happy.

dilligaf
11-22-2004, 11:38 PM
Trent did not look very sharp either. Alot of his throws were low and away.

AZChief
11-22-2004, 11:55 PM
Trent's interceptions in the end zone are really costing this team. It seems like every week he throws a costly interception in the endzone trying to force the ball...

dilligaf
11-22-2004, 11:58 PM
Trent's interceptions in the end zone are really costing this team. It seems like every week he throws a costly interception in the endzone trying to force the ball...
Tony was mugged on that play, That should have been PI. Im not saying that lost us the game, there were too many boneheaded plays to say that. But that was obvious.

Coach
11-23-2004, 01:07 AM
I didnt like Saunders play calling. 2nd and 15, we go with a run that hasnt been working all game. 3 and 10 we throw a little dump off pass to blaylock and try and let him weave for a first down. I just dont get Saunders sometimes. I wouldnt feel good if he was the Chiefs coach when Vermiel retires/steps down/gets fired/whatever else.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2004, 01:12 AM
Saunders play-calling was fine. We took advantage of their corners quite well...Morton and Kennison combined for over 200 yards.

This team is going nowhere without a defense.

Coach
11-23-2004, 01:14 AM
Saunders play-calling was fine. We took advantage of their corners quite well...Morton and Kennison combined for over 200 yards.

This team is going nowhere without a defense.

This is correct. But this team is going nowhere without establishing the run. How do you think NE won the game? Other than our shit secondary, they had more rushing yards than we did.

el borracho
11-23-2004, 01:44 AM
This is correct. But this team is going nowhere without establishing the run. How do you think NE won the game? Other than our shit secondary, they had more rushing yards than we did.
NE: 98 yards rushing, 3.1 average
New England did not have success on the ground. What they had was all day in the pocket to find receivers. We need a pass rush.

Coach
11-23-2004, 01:46 AM
NE: 98 yards rushing, 3.1 average
New England did not have success on the ground. What they had was all day in the pocket to find receivers. We need a pass rush.

No, they didn't have much success on the ground, but 2 rushing TD's for them, compared to our 0 rushing TD's is one of the factors.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2004, 01:50 AM
New England has a pretty good run D. Blaylock did the best he could...Priest would not have done much more, IMO.

Our defense sucks.

el borracho
11-23-2004, 02:12 AM
No, they didn't have much success on the ground, but 2 rushing TD's for them, compared to our 0 rushing TD's is one of the factors.
One of the factors but not, IMO, the most significant. Our inability to get to the quarterback is a ball-breaker as is our inability to tackle receivers immediately after the catch.

On the other side of the ball, our receivers drop too many easy ones and our Oline is inconsistent.

We have too many penalties on both sides of the ball, we are losing the turnover battle, our special teams aren't and to top it all off our coaching has been suspect.

Our rush D this year has been acceptable. It is the other shit that is killing us.

King_Chief_Fan
11-23-2004, 08:15 AM
New England has a pretty good run D. Blaylock did the best he could...Priest would not have done much more, IMO.

Our defense sucks.

Blaylock's best in that game was not enough. Priest would have fared much better.

Blaylock proved he is not a feature back. Last week against the Saints was an anomoly.

It wouldn't have mattered if Priest was in there. Stupid penalties and poor defensive play continues to plague this team.

Mile High Mania
11-23-2004, 08:19 AM
I can't see how it was Saunders fault that Green was throwing at the receiver's ankles for most of the night. Then, there were at least 4 times when the ball hit Kennison, Morton or Blaylock clean and they dropped it... there was at least 75 yards in dropped passes, one for a TD.

KC needs better receivers. Kennison and Morton are #2 guys at best at this point in their careers, and both are trying to be #1.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2004, 08:25 AM
KC needs better receivers.

They need Terrell Owens and Randy Moss if they want to overcome their amazingly bad defense. That's not going to happen.

Address the D. KC's receivers are fine.

Dartgod
11-23-2004, 08:30 AM
This is pretty telling too. Anytime an offense converts 75% in a hostile environment, it says something about your D. I'd be interested in knowing what their average gain on 3rd down was. I'm guessing it was around 10-15 yards.

NE KC
Third Down Efficiency 8-12 6-14

ChiTown
11-23-2004, 08:32 AM
This is pretty telling too. Anytime an offense converts 75% in a hostile environment, it says something about your D. I'd be interested inknow what their average gain on 3rd down was. I'm guessing it was around 10-15 yards.

NE KC
Third Down Efficiency 8-12 6-14

Pudding.

suds79
11-23-2004, 08:37 AM
Insert Donald Trump smilie here.

If he cannot alter his game plan to take advantage of fourth & fifth string cornerbacks better than that, he is worthless.

Hell maybe it's Green, I don't know, but for us to not take better advantage than we did is inexcusable.

What's inexcusable is how bad our WRs are. Dropped passes that would have gone for TDs, the inability to get open.

How many drops were there last night? 8? 10? It was something ridiculous.

And these drops were not tough catches. These were High School looking drops. Balls falling directly between their arms, balls hitting them in the chest.

These guys cradle everything. It’s like they have no faith at all in their hands.

Yes the D needs fixed first, but it still doesn’t mean we don’t need at least 1 new starting WR.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2004, 08:39 AM
What's inexcusable is how bad our WRs are. Dropped passes that would have gone for TDs, the inability to get open.

How many drops were there last night? 8? 10? It was something ridiculous.

And these drops were not tough catches. These were High School looking drops. Balls falling directly between their arms, balls hitting them in the chest.

These guys cradle everything. It’s like they have no faith at all in their hands.

Yes the D needs fixed first, but it still doesn’t mean we don’t need at least 1 new starting WR.

Last night was the first bad game all year for the WRs as far as drops are concerned. But go ahead, blow it out of proportion. You all did the same thing when Tynes had a bad game.

Red Dawg
11-23-2004, 08:41 AM
We needed Priest in ther red zone. Last two weeks we have been horrible in the zone. He's not a TD machine because he's ordinary. He gets to the end zone better that all RB's in the league. Last night we couldn have won if priest played.

ChiTown
11-23-2004, 08:41 AM
Last night was the first bad game all year for the WRs as far as drops are concerned. But go ahead, blow it out of proportion. You all did the same thing when Tynes had a bad game.

What fkn world have you been living in? The only consistent thing about our WR's is that they have been consistently inconsistent.....

Hammock Parties
11-23-2004, 08:43 AM
What fkn world have you been living in? The only consistent thing about our WR's is that they have been consistently inconsistent.....

You are thinking of last year, my friend. Kennison and Morton have been consistent all year long. Morton has 3 or 4 100-yard games and both are on pace for 1,000 yard seasons. They have vastly improved their hands from last year as well.

ChiTown
11-23-2004, 08:45 AM
You are thinking of last year, my friend. Kennison and Morton have been consistent all year long. Morton has 3 or 4 100-yard games and both are on pace for 1,000 yard seasons. They have vastly improved their hands from last year as well.

Uh no. Yards only tell part of the story my friend. The drops are just as important, so are the shit ass routes that Morton and Kennison run. They are about as bad of a 1-2 combo as you'll find in this league.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2004, 08:47 AM
Uh no. Yards only tell part of the story my friend. The drops are just as important, so are the shit ass routes that Morton and Kennison run. They are about as bad of a 1-2 combo as you'll find in this league.

So horrible that they will both get 1,000 yards. Amazing. ROFL

And as I said, they have both cut down on their drops this year. Big time.

Coach
11-23-2004, 08:49 AM
Sure they may have cut down on their drops, but that doesn't mean they're catching everything. Why is that, they catch the f*cking overthrown/underthrown balls, but can't catch a f*cking easy pass?

On that note, they are fumble prone. That one play where Fast Eddie ran for the TD, I was literally yelling at the TV at him to protect the f*cking ball.

InChiefsHeaven
11-23-2004, 08:50 AM
We needed Priest in ther red zone. Last two weeks we have been horrible in the zone. He's not a TD machine because he's ordinary. He gets to the end zone better that all RB's in the league. Last night we couldn have won if priest played.

Not to mention, this was the third week in a row that we get a sack on the last play of the game off of a freakin' 3 man rush.

This whole season is payback from the football Gods for squandering last season. We need to do something next year. I'm ****in' sick of this...

Hammock Parties
11-23-2004, 08:52 AM
Indy
Denver
Green Bay
St. Louis.
Kansas City

Those are the only teams with two wide receivers in the top 30 in the league in yards.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2004, 08:53 AM
On that note, they are fumble prone. That one play where Fast Eddie ran for the TD, I was literally yelling at the TV at him to protect the f*cking ball.

Oh, so now they each lose ONE FUMBLE all year long and they are suddenly fumble prone? ROFL

InChiefsHeaven
11-23-2004, 08:54 AM

Exactly!! I was at the bar, and when he took off, I jumped up and yelled "HOLD ON TO THAT ****ING BALL EDDIE!!"

I guess he listened...
:)

Coach
11-23-2004, 08:54 AM
Oh, so now they each lose ONE FUMBLE all year long and they are suddenly fumble prone? ROFL

I.E. Denver game where EK actually fumbled it away, but the officals ruled him down by contact, even though his knee clearly did NOT touch the ground.

We seriously need a number 1 WR. EK and Morton is better suited for 2 and 3 respectively.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2004, 08:55 AM
I.E. Denver game where EK actually fumbled it away, but the officals ruled him down by contact, even though his knee clearly did NOT touch the ground.

We seriously need a number 1 WR. EK and Morton is better suited for 2 and 3 respectively.

Why do we need a #1 receiver? The passing game is one of the best in the league.

WE NEED A DEFENSE.

ChiTown
11-23-2004, 08:57 AM
So horrible that they will both get 1,000 yards. Amazing. ROFL

And as I said, they have both cut down on their drops this year. Big time.

You are using one statistic to measure these guys. Congrats. Yes, I'm sure the league would be clamoring to have these two as back ups on their roster........They are the only 2 WR's worth a crap on a team that throws the ball a lot. They're bound to get some yardage. These two are sooooooooooooooo amazing that they have 5 TD's between them :thumb: Damn, they're almost averaging 0.6 TD's per game. What a dynamic duo they are

Hammock Parties
11-23-2004, 09:04 AM
You are using one statistic to measure these guys. Congrats. Yes, I'm sure the league would be clamoring to have these two as back ups on their roster........They are the only 2 WR's worth a crap on a team that throws the ball a lot. They're bound to get some yardage. These two are sooooooooooooooo amazing that they have 5 TD's between them :thumb: Damn, they're almost averaging 0.6 TD's per game. What a dynamic duo they are

What more do you want from our wide receivers? Up until last night they had both been getting open and catching almost everything thrown their way.

Sure, they don't have alot of TDs. No WR in this offense is going to, not with Tony Gonzalez and Priest accounting for 40 goddamn touchdowns a year.

Dartgod
11-23-2004, 09:06 AM
What more do you want from our wide receivers?
Getting open AND catching a pass on 3rd down would have been nice last night. New England's receivers certainly didn't have a problem in that regard.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2004, 09:09 AM
Getting open AND catching a pass on 3rd down would have been nice last night. New England's receivers certainly didn't have a problem in that regard.

Morton is the team's leading receiver on third down.

ChiTown
11-23-2004, 09:12 AM

No fair. They were playing against our _efense

Dartgod
11-23-2004, 09:13 AM
Morton is the team's leading receiver on third down.
WTF is that supposed to mean?

Hammock Parties
11-23-2004, 09:16 AM
WTF is that supposed to mean?

That we have a receiver who is pretty good on third down. In fact, Morton made 4 catches on 3rd down last night.

CHIEF4EVER
11-23-2004, 09:45 AM
I may be in the minority but I think it is time to give Eddie "hands of stone" Kennison his walking papers.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2004, 09:46 AM
I may be in the minority but I think it is time to give Eddie "hands of stone" Kennison his walking papers.

God dammit! Apart from last night, Kennison's hands have been great this year!!! :banghead:

CHIEF4EVER
11-23-2004, 09:50 AM
God dammit! Apart from last night, Kennison's hands have been great this year!!! :banghead:

Yeah. He's really been tearing it up. Hence the obscene TD reception numbers. :rolleyes:

Hammock Parties
11-23-2004, 09:52 AM
Yeah. He's really been tearing it up. Hence the obscene TD reception numbers. :rolleyes:

Priest and Gonzalez score all the touchdowns in this offense.

ChiefsCountry
11-23-2004, 09:54 AM
Kennison would be a nice 3rd slot receiver, who he go deep too. Morton is a nice 2nd receiver. We need a stud WR.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2004, 09:55 AM
Kennison would be a nice 3rd slot receiver, who he go deep too. Morton is a nice 2nd receiver. We need a stud WR.

Yeah...averaging 40 points a game is the answer.

CHIEF4EVER
11-23-2004, 09:55 AM
Priest and Gonzalez score all the touchdowns in this offense.

And therein lies the problem. Priest and Tony G shouldn't HAVE to score all the TD's.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2004, 09:57 AM
And therein lies the problem. Priest and Tony G shouldn't HAVE to score all the TD's.

Why not? That's what they do. Terrell Owens scores all the touchdowns in Philly.

InChiefsHeaven
11-23-2004, 10:05 AM
Why not? That's what they do. Terrell Owens scores all the touchdowns in Philly.

Exactly. Very few teams spread that joy around like the Patriots do. Usually, you have one or two playmakers, and they get most of the TD's. I don't think we're going to become the Patriots, so having those two as go to guys doesn't bother me...