PDA

View Full Version : Building for 2005

FringeNC
11-23-2004, 01:13 AM
I am not going to bash DV and CP. I hope DV is back for 2005. I actually think our D is improving a little. They again forced some punts against a very good offense. Hopefully, we can upgrade a few positions on D during the offseason.

On O, it's easy to identify the problem. How many games have Morton and Kennison cost us with drops and fumbles? At every other position other than WR, we have damn near all-pro talent on O. Given that WR is such a glaring weakness and that this season is over, we need to promote Richard Smith, and start him and Samie Parker. Let them learn on the job for next year.

Now that this season is over, I just don't want to see those two bums (Morton and Kennison) on the field any more.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2004, 01:14 AM
The defense is a MUCH bigger problem than the wide receivers.

Do you realize that Kennison and Morton have signifcantly cut down on the drops this year and are both on pace for 1,000 yards?

Miles
11-23-2004, 01:19 AM

Do you realize that Kennison and Morton have signifcantly cut down on the drops this year and are both on pace for 1,000 yards?

Yeah Kennison and especially Morton are hardly the problem. For the most part Morton has been great this season...i would definitly like to see him as one of our starting WRs next year.

FringeNC
11-23-2004, 01:19 AM

Sure the D is a problem. No one is denying that. We can't suddenly acquire all-pro talent on D, but we can do something about our pathetic WRs. I don't care how many yards they put up, they suck. Their stats are a function of the line and Green.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2004, 01:29 AM
We can't suddenly acquire all-pro talent on D, but we can do something about our pathetic WRs. .

Cool. Who should we trade for Terrell Owens and Randy Moss?