PDA

View Full Version : Who should be getting more playing time now?

Rain Man
11-23-2004, 10:47 AM
Poll coming.

Here's the rule: For every person you vote for, you also have to mention the current player who will receive less playing time as a result.

Saulbadguy
11-23-2004, 10:53 AM
The "All-Lets see what these young guys can do" Team:
QB Trent Green (gotta give us SOME chance of winning)
RB Larry Johnson
WR Samie Parker
WR Chris Horn
WR Dante Hall
RT John Welbourn
RG Chris Bober
C Casey Wiegmann
LG Brian Waters
LT Kevin Sampson
FB Omar Easy
TE Kris Wilson

LE Jimmy Wilkerson/Gary Stills
DT Ryan Sims
DT Junior Siavii
RE Jared Allen
LLB Keyaron Fox
MLB Scott Fujita/Rich Scanlon
ROLB Kawika Mitchell/Monty Beisel (when healthy)
CB Julian Battle
CB Benny Sapp
SS Willie Pile
FS Shaunard Harts

Delegate our starters to fuggin special teams duty.

Iowanian
11-23-2004, 10:55 AM
Its time to find out who the young "players" are, and which of them need shown the door in the cart that Vonnie Holliday is pushing.

KcMizzou
11-23-2004, 10:55 AM
Fujita in the middle and Mitchell on the outside?

jspchief
11-23-2004, 11:00 AM
I'm not going to play by the rules.
I chose everyone except Hall (who will never be more than a return man), Collins (career back-up QB), Easy (career ST, bum), and Jones & Scanlon (bench/practice squad guys).

I don't think too many of the current starters should be benched outright, that could create a disaster. I do think that the young guys should be rotated in much more and if they show that they're capable, maybe win the starting role.

Rain Man
11-23-2004, 11:01 AM
My takes:

1. Blaylock plays the whole first half, LJ plays the whole second half.

2. Horn gets Morton's spot in the second half.

3. Parker gets Kennison's spot in the first half.

4. Harts just takes over at free safety.

5. Beisel gets the first half, Mitchell gets the second half at MLB.

6. Fox gets Caver's playing time in the second half.

7. Just give Wilkerson Hicks' job.

8. Allen goes the whole game at RDE.

9. Rotate Sims, Dalton, and Siavii at DT so all of them get equal time, with apologies to Dalton.

Keep Battle at nickel back to train him. Let Wilson play in certain packages, but don't take Gonzalez or Dunn off the field to give him time.

I'd like to see Black get more playing time, but not at Trent Green's risk. If Collins takes the fourth quarter of some games, let Black play then (sorry, Rausch.)

jspchief
11-23-2004, 11:03 AM
Fujita in the middle and Mitchell on the outside?Fujita is too small/weak to play MLB. He gets blown up enough on the outside (...and I'm a big Fujita fan).

I'd really like to see Bartee at safety (can't believe I just said I wanted to see Bartee at anything).

gblowfish
11-23-2004, 11:07 AM
I'd really like to see Bartee at safety (can't believe I just said I wanted to see Bartee at anything).I'd really like to see Bartee selling Kenmore washers and dryers back in Oklahoma City.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2004, 11:11 AM
Fujita is too small/weak to play MLB. He gets blown up enough on the outside (...and I'm a big Fujita fan).

I'd really like to see Bartee at safety (can't believe I just said I wanted to see Bartee at anything).

Fujita is 250 lbs.

RedandGold
11-23-2004, 11:16 AM
Fujita in the middle and Mitchell on the outside?

I'd rather see Beisel in the middle with Fujita and Mitchell on the outside.

I'd keep Bartee at CB, but I wouldn't mind seeing what Battle could do at safety instead of Woods.

Rausch
11-23-2004, 11:17 AM
Battle, Allen, and Jr.

Bench Bartee, Hicks, and lower Sims snaps...

NY CHIEF
11-23-2004, 11:17 AM
Also need to limit welborns playing time as to keep the conditional pick low :hmmm:

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-23-2004, 11:19 AM
I voted for about 10 of them...but I'm not following the rules. No offense Rain Man.

Coogs
11-23-2004, 11:20 AM
Parker and Fox.

Parker for Kennison. Let Kennison and Morton split the other wideout position. Horn in the slot. Parker was supposed to be a track star that can play football. And I don't want to hear he missed too much time being from Oregon, and not getting out of class in time to learn the system. If that is the excuse, then he should have never been drafted in the first place.

Fox is a 3rd round draft choice with speed playing OLB. Delivered some huge hits in pre-season too. This is a no brainer considering our inept LB corp.

jspchief
11-23-2004, 11:22 AM
Fujita is 250 lbs.Good for him.

He still gets blown up too much as it is. If he doesn't get a square hit, he rarely takes guys down by himself. That tells me that he would likely be less effective at MLB where you're required to be even more physical.

PastorMikH
11-23-2004, 11:25 AM
I think we need to play the kids over the Vets for two reasons.

1) We need to see what we have on the bench. We have got to know what we have so we know what we need to rebuild. There's a number of these kids that show promise and there are some that are talked up that we need to see if they can actually play or do they need cut.

2) The Veterans for the most part haven't played well enough to earn the right to be on the field. So they should ride the bench. Then we'll see in the offseason which of them shows some real work attitude at getting better. There are only a few Veterans I feel have played to the level that they should have job security for next season.

Rain Man
11-23-2004, 11:34 AM
I voted for about 10 of them...but I'm not following the rules. No offense Rain Man.

Hey.

cdcox
11-23-2004, 11:34 AM
Opps.

Didn't read the rules till I clicked off a bunch.

Basically, I'm in favor of letting anyone young, that still might develop play in favor of an established vetran. In controlled dosages: don't play 5 back-up OL and get Green killed. One newbie at a time on the OL. Mix in one newbie in each group at any given time. I still want to win if possible, but lets develop some of the the guys we have now or at least confirm that they are so bad that there is no hope of them contributing next year.

Saulbadguy
11-23-2004, 12:22 PM
I think we should force Carl Peterson to play Cornerback for a few snaps. This would teach him how badly we need one, and how its not a good idea to draft a safety and turn him in to a CB.