PDA

View Full Version : What defensive players do you want to return as starters in 05 (be realistic)?

ILChief
11-23-2004, 12:41 PM
here are mine:

Jared Allen (one of the few bright spots on our D)
Ryan Sims (I know people don't like him, but I still believe in him)
Junior Siavii (huge DT who can hopefully develop)
Scott Fujita (has been up and down but we can't replace all 3 Linebackers)
William Bartee (good Lord, did I type that? he has played well since becoming a starter)
Greg Wesley (has played terrible, but we can't afford to cut him and Woods)

Guys who I wouldn't mind as reserves:
Lional Dalton (has played well. Could start if Siavii isn't ready)
John Browning (solid but not spectacular. Versatile. can play both DT/DE)
Eric Hicks (I wasn't a fan of re-signing him. But he comes cheap and hasn't played that bad this year)
Eric Warfield (started the season strong but has went to crap lately. Better suited as a #2 or nickel but WAY overpaid)

Guys who should pack thier bags:
Vonnie Holiday (turd who can't defend a bootleg)
Jerome Woods (was a good player but has lost a step and his heart)
Dexter McCleon (just not any good)
Kawika Mitchell (that half ass attempt to stip the ball was a disgrace)

Guys we need to see more of the rest of this season:
Julian Battle
Jimmy Wilkerson
Keyaron Fox
Willie Pile
Shanaurd Harts
Benny Sapp

Rain Man
11-23-2004, 12:46 PM
I want to see them all come back and compete for jobs, but I want to see significant upgrades (in order of desperation) at:

1. LDE
2. MLB
3. SLB
4. FS

I'd like to see a lineup on opening day next year of:

LDE - Wilkerson or other upgrade.
LDT - Sims (with more training)
RDT - Dalton
RDE - Allen (beefed up against run)
SLB - God only knows. Fox? Caver? Please let us upgrade here.
MLB - Rookie or FA monster if not Beisel.
WLB - Fujita (but no longer invisible)
LCB - Warfield
RCB - Bartee (What the - ?)
SS - Wesley or an upgrade
FS - Harts or an upgrade

ILChief
11-23-2004, 12:48 PM
I want to see them all come back and compete for jobs, but I want to see significant upgrades (in order of desperation) at:

1. LDE
2. MLB
3. SLB
4. FS

I'd like to see a lineup on opening day next year of:

LDE - Wilkerson or other upgrade.
LDT - Sims (with more training)
RDT - Dalton
RDE - Allen (beefed up against run)
SLB - God only knows. Fox? Caver? Please let us upgrade here.
MLB - Rookie or FA monster if not Beisel.
WLB - Fujita (but no longer invisible)
LCB - Warfield
RCB - Bartee (What the - ?)
SS - Wesley or an upgrade
FS - Harts or an upgrade

You really don't think we need an upgrade at corner?

Rain Man
11-23-2004, 12:54 PM
You really don't think we need an upgrade at corner?

I wouldn't mind one, but I'd rather see upgrades at WR, DE, and LB first. Being realistic, I figure we can only improve two areas with non-current players, or maybe three if we're lucky, and I would want those to be Morton's, Hicks', and I guess Barber's positions.

MLB is a sieve, but I have to trust that Beisel or Mitchell or (I hope) Maslowski steps up next year. I'm frightened.

Nelson Muntz
11-23-2004, 07:41 PM
I think we should keep everyone we have, and keep the same depth chart. They're quality profile guys who just haven't quite picked up the scheme yet, but they have great personalities that mesh with our team spirit.

Raiderhater
11-23-2004, 07:43 PM
I think we should keep everyone we have, and keep the same depth chart. They're quality profile guys who just haven't quite picked up the scheme yet, but they have great personalities that mesh with our team spirit.

Damn you! I was going to say Sexy Dexy, but you have already topped that.

Nelson Muntz
11-23-2004, 07:49 PM
Damn you! I was going to say Sexy Dexy, but you have already topped that.

Well between the Chiefs season and my job, if I can't be a sarcastic smartass I just might lose the little bit of my mind I still have left. :cuss:

Raiderhater
11-23-2004, 08:08 PM
Well between the Chiefs season and my job, if I can't be a sarcastic smartass I just might lose the little bit of my mind I still have left. :cuss:

I don't have a problem with you being a sarcastic smart ass in the least. I do however have a problem with you topping my post before I even post it. Bastard. nlm

suds79
11-23-2004, 08:14 PM
Guys I want to realistically see come back for 05

DE - Jared Allen
DT - Sims (only because we probably can't trade him) But once he's a FA, I wouldn't try to hard to resign him at all)
DT - Savii (Fat DT. That's what I like)
OLB - Fujita (would entertain the idea of him moving to the middle with his size & speed) Espically if we get Derrick Johnson out of Texas) Barber, Fujita, Johnson)
OLB - Barber
CB - Warfield

I don't feel to strongly on Bartee one way or another. He'd have to be a nickel at most though.

That's it.

FloridaChief
11-23-2004, 08:15 PM
I would love to see Nate Hobgood-Chittock back on the roster...

Nelson Muntz
11-23-2004, 08:16 PM
I don't have a problem with you being a sarcastic smart ass in the least. I do however have a problem with you topping my post before I even post it. Bastard. nlm

I knew ya didn't have a problem with it. Next time I'll type slower and check to make sure you've posted first. :thumb:

Raiderhater
11-23-2004, 08:20 PM
I knew ya didn't have a problem with it. Next time I'll type slower and check to make sure you've posted first. :thumb:

If only all the other members were as agreeable as yourself... :D

tk13
11-23-2004, 08:21 PM
Fujita is our only defensive FA... I think we might let him walk unless we can sign him cheap and draft a LB, fill DE and get a DB in free agency.... I guess in reality we could also sign a FA LB and use a high draft pick on a DE or DB....