PDA

View Full Version : How many points will San Diego beat us by? Survey

Logical
11-23-2004, 06:17 PM
Survey forthcoming

Hammock Parties
11-23-2004, 06:18 PM
It's not going to pretty. Eggo has the league's top run D, so Blaylock will have a game like he had on Monday.

Green's game to win again, and SD's secondary is better than New England's. SD will easily score 27-30 points, and Green is not capable of surpassing on his own.

PastorMikH
11-23-2004, 06:21 PM
It's gonna stink hoping for a SD win. Seriously, we don't have a chance and I'd rather see SD as Div Champs than Denver.

Though, now that we are basically eliminated, I expect to see us rally and start winning games so we ruin our chances of a high draft pick and staff turnover.

Rain Man
11-23-2004, 06:22 PM
We will destroy the Chargers. When we're finished with them, they'll be called the San Diego Static Cling.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2004, 06:23 PM
I just picked up Antonio Gates on my Best Buy fantasy team. I almost picked up Brees but I have McNabb and Manning this week.

jayhawktx
11-23-2004, 06:32 PM
The Chiefs are favored in the game by 3 points.

Logical
11-23-2004, 06:47 PM
The Chiefs are favored in the game by 3 points.

Which basically means it is pickem with home field advantage accounting for the point spread.

MichaelH
11-23-2004, 06:50 PM
It's gonna stink hoping for a SD win. Seriously, we don't have a chance and I'd rather see SD as Div Champs than Denver.

Though, now that we are basically eliminated, I expect to see us rally and start winning games so we ruin our chances of a high draft pick and staff turnover.

I second that. :thumb:

jayhawktx
11-23-2004, 06:56 PM
Which basically isn't bad when you consider the record of the 2 teams. It is rare to see a 3-7 team favored at home by 3 points against a 7-3 team. Look at the spread of Indy at Detroit this week.

This says two things in my opinion. The Chiefs are better than their 3-7 record and SD is worse than their 7-3 record.

Logical
11-23-2004, 06:58 PM
Which basically isn't bad when you consider the record of the 2 teams. It is rare to see a 3-7 team favored at home by 3 points against a 7-3 team. Look at the spread of Indy at Detroit this week.

This says two things in my opinion. The Chiefs are better than their 3-7 record and SD is worse than their 7-3 record.

It might but smart money is going to take those odds and run.

jayhawktx
11-23-2004, 07:23 PM
It might but smart money is going to take those odds and run.

But your poll doesn't even allow for the possibility of a Chiefs win. Do you really think it is that unlikely that the Chiefs can win this one at Arrowhead? I'll take the Chiefs even up for $10 if you're interested.

Logical
11-23-2004, 07:34 PM
But your poll doesn't even allow for the possibility of a Chiefs win. Do you really think it is that unlikely that the Chiefs can win this one at Arrowhead? I'll take the Chiefs even up for $10 if you're interested.

Sure it does, you can pick the homer option.

ChiefFripp
11-23-2004, 07:35 PM
We get in lot of close games and just blow it somehow, either by getting sacked or running out of time on our last drive. I say we lose by 7-14.

HolmeZz
11-23-2004, 07:37 PM
I think you're a moron if you think we can't win. However, there's no way we should be favored. We've been getting way too much respect from bookies. I guess they think we're better than our record.

Nelson Muntz
11-23-2004, 07:51 PM
I picked 21+ so maybe I will reverse jinx the Chiefs into winning. Hell I'll try anything for a win, so I can at least enjoy one more win this year. :banghead:

SoCalRaider
11-23-2004, 08:31 PM
The Chargers are nothing more than an average football team... Our D exposed them to a degree by putting Woodson on Gates for several series. As soon as we did that, Brees looked confused, lost his rhythm, and had 2 gimme INTs dropped. If you guys can take Gates out of the game, Brees will turn it over.

Defensively, they may have the worst pass defense in the NFL. They made Kerry Collins look like Peyton Manning on several drives. If Green doesn't pass for 300+ and 3TDs on Sunday... then you guys need to get a QB.

Finally, when was the last time the Chargers won a road game in Arrowhead? I'd put my money on the Chiefs Sunday.

Raiderhater
11-23-2004, 08:56 PM
If I thought the Chiefs were goin to lose this week, I wouldn't be planning on driving home from parents early Sunday morning to be able to catch the game.

Put me down for a teary-eyed homer.

digi2fish
11-23-2004, 09:06 PM
this poll is too much for me to take...
:deevee:

ChiefFripp
11-23-2004, 09:38 PM
I kind of hope The Chargers win. They need to beat the damn Broncos for the division damnit, and our season is over anyways. Ofcourse if is was up to me, all of our 3rd stringers would be playing from now until the end of the season.Well you know, the ones that aren't already.

PastorMikH
11-23-2004, 09:44 PM
I think you're a moron if you think we can't win.

That's kinda what my biggest frustration has been. I still think this team SHOULD be able to match up with anyone. I think they should be able to beat ANY team in the NFL. Problem is they seem to have lost their brains and their heart and can't get their heads pulled out of their posteriors long enough to actually win.

Inspector
11-23-2004, 10:50 PM
The Chargers flight accidentally flys to Vancouver.

Only their equipment makes it to KC.

Equipment has one bad series in the first quarter, Chiefs are up by 3.

The next 3 quarters the equipment dominates.

Chargers equipment wins 27 - 6.

dammit!!!

papasmurf
11-23-2004, 10:54 PM
I'll take the Chiefs and give 8 points.

digi2fish
11-23-2004, 10:59 PM

dammit!!!

I look forward to watch DRU's game hightlights on this one.
ROFL

alanm
11-23-2004, 11:08 PM
The Chargers are nothing more than an average football team... Our D exposed them to a degree by putting Woodson on Gates for several series. As soon as we did that, Brees looked confused, lost his rhythm, and had 2 gimme INTs dropped. If you guys can take Gates out of the game, Brees will turn it over.

Defensively, they may have the worst pass defense in the NFL. They made Kerry Collins look like Peyton Manning on several drives. If Green doesn't pass for 300+ and 3TDs on Sunday... then you guys need to get a QB.

Finally, when was the last time the Chargers won a road game in Arrowhead? I'd put my money on the Chiefs Sunday.Greens not the problem. It's the lack of defense again and no running game without Priest. Blaylocks game against New Orleans was a abberation.:cuss:

Logical
11-24-2004, 12:20 AM
Greens not the problem. It's the lack of defense again and no running game without Priest. Blaylocks game against New Orleans was a abberation.:cuss:

I do not agree, I just think we ran up against one of the best defenses in the NFL last night. Especially against the run.

SoCalRaider
11-24-2004, 12:49 AM
I do not agree, I just think we ran up against one of the best defenses in the NFL last night. Especially against the run.
The stats don't support this. Against the run, the Pats are 11th in total yardage allowed and 14th in yards per carry... kind of putting them a little better than average. The Saints, on the other hand, are dead last in yardage allowed and 2nd to last in yards per carry. Seems to me that the Saints game was more of the illusion... unless you plan on playing the Saints every week.

alanm
11-24-2004, 01:26 AM
I do not agree, I just think we ran up against one of the best defenses in the NFL last night. Especially against the run.Pittsburgs Oline mangled the Pats Dline. I would hazzard to say that ours is just as good. Obviously Saunders didn't bother to study how the Steelers ran on them. :banghead:

Miles
11-24-2004, 01:27 AM
I dont see it being any different that all of the other games this season. We will be in it the entire game but it will slip away late when our mistakes and shitty D finally catch up with us.

2bikemike
11-24-2004, 01:33 AM
I dont see it being any different that all of the other games this season. We will be in it the entire game but it will slip away late when our mistakes and shitty D finally catch up with us.

I tend to agree. However one of these times we are going to sneak out a win in the final minute instead of ending on a sack.

I would so love to see us have an Atlanta type game. These fugging bandwagon Charger fans are driving me nuts.

Fairplay
11-24-2004, 01:37 AM
Through my realistic judgement we lose by 3 points.

Through my rose colored glasses we win by 14.

Miles
11-24-2004, 01:39 AM
I tend to agree. However one of these times we are going to sneak out a win in the final minute instead of ending on a sack.

I would so love to see us have an Atlanta type game. These fugging bandwagon Charger fans are driving me nuts.

Yeah i agree. We will eventually win a few of the close ones especailly with the added motivation of divisional games. Screw this tank the season mess.

Also the Chargers are a good team and it seems that all we can beat this season are good teams.

grandllama
11-24-2004, 04:34 AM
Pittsburgs Oline mangled the Pats Dline. I would hazzard to say that ours is just as good. Obviously Saunders didn't bother to study how the Steelers ran on them. :banghead:

:thumb: I think the coaches gave up this year before the players.

David.
11-24-2004, 04:39 AM
I am not realistic I am a rosy eyed homer

grandllama
11-24-2004, 04:41 AM
That's kinda what my biggest frustration has been. I still think this team SHOULD be able to match up with anyone. I think they should be able to beat ANY team in the NFL. Problem is they seem to have lost their brains and their heart and can't get their heads pulled out of their posteriors long enough to actually win.

That's the deal. This team can beat anybody in the league, but unfortunately, they are best at beating themselves. No heart. No brains. No desire.

I still want my beloved Chiefs to beat the Chargers, but if they don't I won't cry. I was (and still am) a huge fan of Marty and Mr. Edwards. If the Charges win, so be it. I'll be rooting for those ugly bolts to kick ass all the way to a Super Bowl win and give at least two people I consider very deserving a ring.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-24-2004, 08:38 AM
Proctor

BigMeatballDave
11-24-2004, 09:10 AM
If the Chiefs lose, I hope its a blow out. I wouldn't mind a 3-13 record. Heads would have to roll after that...

Taco John
11-24-2004, 09:21 AM
I'm with the guys who say the Chiefs are going to lube their jocks before letting Marty off the leash in San Diego. You guys are screwed.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-24-2004, 09:44 AM
If the Chiefs lose, I hope its a blow out. I wouldn't mind a 3-13 record. Heads would have to roll after that...
In a sick, perverted way... I agree with you.

:(

KCJohnny
11-24-2004, 10:03 AM

dammit!!!
ROFL :clap:
That's the funniest post I've ever read on CP... :thumb:

Always Charger
11-24-2004, 10:04 AM

Finally, when was the last time the Chargers won a road game in Arrowhead? I'd put my money on the Chiefs Sunday.

ROFL :loser:

Another sweep symptom....................

KCJohnny
11-24-2004, 10:08 AM
I think we beat the Bolts and get swept by the raiders...

ArrowheadHawk
11-24-2004, 10:10 AM
i sure hope we dont lose i have tickets to the game...it will be only the second time i have ever been to a game. The last time i went was in 2002 against the Bills and we sucked then but came away with a win. Heres hoping the chiefs record when i attend the game goes to 2-0

Lzen
11-24-2004, 10:19 AM
I think we should start another poll. How much will Jim enjoy it if the Chargers beat the Chiefs?

Lzen
11-24-2004, 10:20 AM
Or perhaps does Jim enjoy saying "I was right" more than seeing a Chiefs victory?

Wile_E_Coyote
11-24-2004, 10:21 AM
1st cold weather game for the bolts this year...reaching

Always Charger
11-24-2004, 10:23 AM
1st cold weather game for the bolts this year...reaching

Its going to be one of the toughest games we have this year. Your offense is really something....Holmes out is a big advantage for us, but this game isnīt by all means a W for us....Itīs going to be a good game, good luck to you guys....

ArrowheadHawk
11-24-2004, 10:26 AM
1st cold weather game for the bolts this year...reaching50 degrees aint exactly cold weather game

Wile_E_Coyote
11-24-2004, 10:27 AM
50 degrees aint exactly cold weather game

last I heard 35 degrees...ah Missouri weather

ArrowheadHawk
11-24-2004, 10:29 AM
last I heard 35 degrees...ah Missouri weatherwell i just looked again and it says
Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 40s and lows in the mid 30s. last i look it was highs in the 50's...my bad it will be cold i was only watching the weather to know wheather or not i should wear long johns to the game

Wile_E_Coyote
11-24-2004, 10:33 AM
well i just looked again and it says
Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 40s and lows in the mid 30s. last i look it was highs in the 50's...my bad it will be cold i was only watching the weather to know wheather or not i should wear long johns to the game

...Missouri in 4 days..it could be halter top weather

chileanbolt
11-24-2004, 10:40 AM
Hello fellas you guys shouldn't be thinking about by how much we will beat u because down here we are just as nervous for this game than in any other game this year. u guys are deadly in KC i wish a goodluck to all u guys

Lightning
11-24-2004, 11:39 AM
I'm actually more nervous about this game than I am about the Doncos next week. My biggest concern is our CB by the name of Sammy Davis. He gets lit up far too often. Since both of our teams feature a couple of the best TE's in the NFL, it'll be interesting to see the matchup's and the numbers they put up. Good luck on sunday... but no too much.

PS

BTW Raider fan, you didn't expose anything. What you saw was a Charger team performing way below standards while coming off a bye. Granted, your boys went out to prove something, but you still got slapped around by a lethargic team. Scoreboard.

I don't see us coming out like that 2 weeks in a row. We'll be ready.

Bolt Action
11-24-2004, 11:54 AM
I'll chime in and let you guys know that I'm awful nervous about this game as well. Good luck (but not too much I hope)

By the way Raider fan. You took Gates out of the game by "holding" him to 101 yards and a TD? I guess that was alot better than the 3 TD's you let him have the first time around.

Hydrae
11-24-2004, 11:59 AM
OMG, how many Charger fans are there? I thought there was like 1 or 2 in the world but there are at least 4 that have posted on this thread alone! :eek:

Damn bandwaggoneers

SoCalRaider
11-24-2004, 12:01 PM
BTW Raider fan, you didn't expose anything. What you saw was a Charger team performing way below standards while coming off a bye.
Weak... You're an average team that struggled on the road to beat a bad team.

Bolt Action
11-24-2004, 12:02 PM
OMG, how many Charger fans are there? I thought there was like 1 or 2 in the world but there are at least 4 that have posted on this thread alone! :eek:

Damn bandwaggoneers

Heck there are atleast 5 or 6.

SoCalRaider
11-24-2004, 12:06 PM
By the way Raider fan. You took Gates out of the game by "holding" him to 101 yards and a TD? I guess that was alot better than the 3 TD's you let him have the first time around.
They let you out of elementary school for the day dumbass? Who said the RAiders took Gates out of the game? When the RAiders put Woodson on Gates, your offense went nowhere. Lucky for you ladies, the RAiders coaching staff decided not to take advantage of that matchup. %(/

Rausch
11-24-2004, 12:07 PM
Survey forthcoming

"SuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuR-vey SAYS!"

Bolt Action
11-24-2004, 12:14 PM
They let you out of elementary school for the day dumbass? Who said the RAiders took Gates out of the game? When the RAiders put Woodson on Gates, your offense went nowhere. Lucky for you ladies, the RAiders coaching staff decided not to take advantage of that matchup. %(/

Well you can throw names around if you want, I won't stoop to that level with you. The fact of the matter is, good teams find a way to win when they are not playing their best. That's what happened last Sunday in Oakland. If you didn't notice, the reason they probably stopped throwing to Gates was LT was in the process of racking up yardage on your D.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Lightning
11-24-2004, 12:25 PM
Weak... You're an average team that struggled on the road to beat a bad team.

Call us what you will, but you got thumped twice by an "average" team. I'm not going to pollute the Chiefs boards any further by trashing you and your pitiful team. We're done with you already. See you next year.

My appologies Chiefs fans.

chileanbolt
11-24-2004, 12:30 PM
this raider tool isnt serious right? they have one of the best teams and he's going to judge ours especially when we just swept u? bro what r u doing? ur not even being smart about this...what u need to do is say i bow down to u guys this year cause we suck some serious balls...and then continue with im ashamed for my faiders because they are going to be bad for yeeeaars. good veteran pick ups this year u get an A in my book...prick.....

now that that tool is out the way...yes chieftans there are at least a couple of us. I expect a good game, i wish holmes was playing only for the fact that it would have been fun to see those two RB's get it on....but u still have that O-line

SoCalRaider
11-24-2004, 01:01 PM
That's what happened last Sunday in Oakland. If you didn't notice, the reason they probably stopped throwing to Gates was LT was in the process of racking up yardage on your D.
I think you're missing the point. When a QB drops back to pass, a hand off is not quite an option at that point. When the Raiders put Woodson on Gates and forced Brees to throw elsewhere, Brees made some pretty bad throws. He forced a throw to in the flat that was dropped by Phillip Buchanon, and on another play he threw a floater in the middle of the field that was dropped by Ray Buchanan. As I stated in my initial post, if the Chiefs can find a way to take Gates out of the game (i.e. like the Raiders did on several plays by putting Charles Woodson on him), Brees will make some bad throws.

SoCalRaider
11-24-2004, 01:03 PM
Call us what you will, but you got thumped twice by an "average" team. I'm not going to pollute the Chiefs boards any further by trashing you and your pitiful team. We're done with you already. See you next year.

My appologies Chiefs fans.
Go win a Super Bowl before you come back thumping your chest... :rolleyes:

Lightning
11-24-2004, 01:33 PM
Go win a Super Bowl before you come back thumping your chest... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I knew it wouldn't be long before you had to revert to the same old rhetoric you Raider fans always use when you've got nothing left. Classic and predictable. Ok great, you won a superbowl 20 years ago. How's that workin' out for you guys this year? Helping much? Apparently not. That's like Rome trying to say "We were the Roman EMPIRE, we ruled the world." Who cares today? No one.

Oh, speaking of thumping, how's Porter feeling?

http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/nflfilms/demand/s2004/nflcom/w11/chargers_raiders_highlight_300k.rm&proto=rtsp

G'night Jerry!

htismaqe
11-24-2004, 02:34 PM
This thread is a ****ing joke.

Logical
11-24-2004, 02:42 PM
Or perhaps does Jim enjoy saying "I was right" more than seeing a Chiefs victory?
Actually for the rest of this season victories are losses.

Cheering for a top 5 draft pick all the way.:thumb:

htismaqe
11-24-2004, 02:43 PM
You either think the Chiefs will GUARANTEED lose, or you're "not realistic"...

Beautiful...idiotic, but beautiful...

Logical
11-24-2004, 02:51 PM
You either think the Chiefs will GUARANTEED lose, or you're "not realistic"...

Beautiful...idiotic, but beautiful...
Nice sentence structure Porker.;)

big nasty kcnut
11-24-2004, 02:53 PM
Well i want the chiefs to win. These dolts troll are really getten on my nerves

htismaqe
11-24-2004, 03:04 PM
Nice sentence structure Porker.;)

There's absolutely nothing wrong with my sentence structure.

Hydrae
11-24-2004, 03:30 PM
There for a minute it was like watching a cripple fight as Charger fans and Raider fans argue on a Chiefs BB.

Logical
11-24-2004, 04:15 PM
There's absolutely nothing wrong with my sentence structure.I consider the following to be awkward sentence structure, maybe it is just me.
..Chiefs will GUARANTEED lose...

Seems like it should have been:

...Chiefs are either GUARANTEED to lose or....

jAZ
11-24-2004, 04:19 PM
Where is the "this is a stupid poll" option? Since I didn't see it, I went with option #5.

Logical
11-24-2004, 04:21 PM
Where is the "this is a stupid poll" option? Since I didn't see it, I went with option #5.

Discrimination against Polish people offends TJ so I did not go there.:p

Taco John
11-24-2004, 04:38 PM
Don't bag on the Czechs either!

SoCalRaider
11-24-2004, 05:52 PM
Yeah, I knew it wouldn't be long before you had to revert to the same old rhetoric you Raider fans always use when you've got nothing left.
This coming from Charger fan that never had anything to begin with... ROFL

Logical
11-24-2004, 10:48 PM
Don't bag on the Czechs either!

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=34460&stc=1I am sure this one was old but I had never seen it.

Ugly Duck
11-28-2004, 03:29 PM
And the winners are......

beer baron, beer me, BigChiefDave, BlueandGold, Bwana, conchshell, ExtremeChief, Fairplay, Givemesomerep Diablo, HC_Chief, Hitman37, Hydrae, KCFalcon59, KCJohnny, Lightning, Miles Teg, nm_dbf, PHOG, suds79, the Talking Can

Phobia
11-28-2004, 03:29 PM
I voted 3.

Frazod
11-28-2004, 03:30 PM
I voted 3.

Yeah, me too. :D

Ugly Duck
11-28-2004, 03:37 PM
I voted 3.You and Zod.... in your hearts - you are winners, too.