PDA

View Full Version : My kitchen appliances have fused together to rise up against me!

|Zach|
11-23-2004, 10:52 PM
I was cleaning my place tonight before I head back home for Thanksgiving tomorrow night and I found something very strange. I have a toaster and a small blender that sit beside eachother. The power cords for them are plugged into the same outlet. I moved them to clean under tham only to find that the power cord for the blender has fused to the back of the toaster oven.

Does this constitute a fire hazard? Should I be worried about this? Picture below...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=34402&stc=1

big nasty kcnut
11-23-2004, 11:00 PM
somebody super glued them together. they not a fire hazard as long as they don'e have any exposed wires

jspchief
11-23-2004, 11:01 PM
I'd probably try and scrape the cord off. It's melted to the side of the toaster and could eventually melt all the way through making the next batch of toast a shocking one. If the cover is melted down to exposed wire, I'd probably replace the cord or at the very least cover it with electrical tape as a temporary fix.

|Zach|
11-23-2004, 11:02 PM
somebody super glued them together. they not a fire hazard as long as they don'e have any exposed wires
Ehh, as funny as my friends are I don't think they were sitting around and got the idea to super glue Zach's blender cord to his oven toaster. I assumed it is because of the heat the toaster made on the back while the cord was rubbing up against it made this situation...

|Zach|
11-23-2004, 11:03 PM
The last time my friends pranked me they put garlic salt in my shower head. It was quite brutal.

Coach
11-23-2004, 11:04 PM
The last time my friends pranked me they put garlic salt in my shower head. It was quite brutal.

ROFL

Man that must had totally SUCKED!

tk13
11-23-2004, 11:06 PM
Mods, can we please get this thread moved to the "Appliance P0rn" sub-forum? Thanks.

Fairplay
11-23-2004, 11:06 PM
I think i would ask for a toaster and blender this year for Christmas.

Logical
11-23-2004, 11:08 PM
Definitely dangerous, even if you can remove the cord the insulation between the wires could have melted. Either replace the cord or the blender.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2004, 11:09 PM
I thought this was a tommykat thread.

|Zach|
11-23-2004, 11:11 PM
ROFL

Man that must had totally SUCK!
Seriously it was very bad. I would reccomend it as a very good brutal prank that doesn't have a chance of hurting anyone.

I turned on my shower and I smelled something strange. I had not been in that bathroom for any amount of time before I turned on the shower. There was this strange smell but I did not connect it to the shower running. It was this strange and strong Italian Dressing smell. I looked all over the bathroom...lifted the toilet lid...did everything. I couldn't figure it out. the smell kept getting stronger and I finally traced it to the shower. When I openped up the shower head tons of garlic salt spilled out. Just a little would have done the trick but there was a shitload stuffed in there. I couldn't get the smell out of my bathroom for 3 weeks. I got a new showerhead and showered somewhere different in the house for that 3 weeks. It was bad.

It is funny how they got it over on me. I was in high school and it was April Fool's Day. They came over and we were going to get together to figure out something funny to do to someone. We couldn' think of anything so they went home. Unbeknowsnt to me they did think of something. The potential pranker became the fool. Good times...

|Zach|
11-23-2004, 11:12 PM
Damn, I am gonna miss my mudslides.

Coach
11-23-2004, 11:15 PM
Seriously it was very bad. I would reccomend it as a very good brutal prank that doesn't have a chance of hurting anyone.

I turned on my shower and I smelled something strange. I had not been in that bathroom for any amount of time before I turned on the shower. There was this strange smell but I did not connect it to the shower running. It was this strange and strong Italian Dressing smell. I looked all over the bathroom...lifted the toilet lid...did everything. I couldn't figure it out. the smell kept getting stronger and I finally traced it to the shower. When I openped up the shower head tons of garlic salt spilled out. Just a little would have done the trick but there was a shitload stuffed in there. I couldn't get the smell out of my bathroom for 3 weeks. I got a new showerhead and showered somewhere different in the house for that 3 weeks. It was bad.

It is funny how they got it over on me. I was in high school and it was April Fool's Day. They came over and we were going to get together to figure out something funny to do to someone. We couldn' think of anything so they went home. Unbeknowsnt to me they did think of something. The potential pranker became the fool. Good times...

ROFL I might have to hang on to that kind of reference for future reference when it comes to April 1st. Also some ideas that Bwana has on the "Classic Hall of Fame" is another good kind to pull some type of pranks and all that.

Skip Towne
11-23-2004, 11:36 PM
I'd probably try and scrape the cord off. It's melted to the side of the toaster and could eventually melt all the way through making the next batch of toast a shocking one. If the cover is melted down to exposed wire, I'd probably replace the cord or at the very least cover it with electrical tape as a temporary fix.
That situation could easily burn your house down while you are away. But what the hell, easy come, easy go.

|Zach|
11-23-2004, 11:37 PM
I scraped it off. The blender was cheap so I am just gonna pitch it. There is no visable problem with the back of the toaster so I shall toast on!

Fairplay
11-23-2004, 11:38 PM
So Zach do you have renters insurance?

|Zach|
11-24-2004, 12:42 PM
I scraped it off. The blender was cheap so I am just gonna pitch it. There is no visable problem with the back of the toaster so I shall toast on!
Everything went good today. It seems as though I will not die a fiery death.

Sorry to dissapoint folks!

|Zach|
11-24-2004, 02:47 PM
You girl.
They were fantastic

Bwana
11-24-2004, 02:53 PM
ROFL I might have to hang on to that kind of reference for future reference when it comes to April 1st. Also some ideas that Bwana has on the "Classic Hall of Fame" is another good kind to pull some type of pranks and all that.

:shrug:o:-)

Oh and as Jim stated, at the very least, replace the cord.

chiefs4me
11-24-2004, 02:54 PM
That is too funny,,,and yes toss them both and ask for them for xmas or buy your own at walmart for 10 bucks. Now the important question is,,,what kind of mayo is that on your counter,, it's not Miracle Whip!

|Zach|
11-24-2004, 05:25 PM
That is too funny,,,and yes toss them both and ask for them for xmas or buy your own at walmart for 10 bucks. Now the important question is,,,what kind of mayo is that on your counter,, it's not Miracle Whip!
In the backround? It is actully small bottle of acid reducer pills. I get heartburn like an old man.

Bob Dole
11-24-2004, 05:28 PM
Should I be worried about this? Picture below...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=34402&stc=1

Bob Dole thinks you should probably be more worried that you found it, took a photo of it, and posted about it on the internet.

Dr. Johnny Fever
11-24-2004, 05:32 PM
RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!

chiefs4me
11-24-2004, 06:33 PM
In the backround? It is actully small bottle of acid reducer pills. I get heartburn like an old man.

ROFLROFL I'm bad,,,,so sorry.

morphius
11-24-2004, 06:39 PM
I figured we had another bachelor using regular dish soap in the dishwasher...

chiefs4me
11-24-2004, 06:52 PM
I figured we had another bachelor using regular dish soap in the dishwasher...

Speaking from experience are ya?;)

KCWolfman
11-24-2004, 06:54 PM
Zach, plug in the cord about halfway and touch it with your tongue. If it gets warm it could be a problem.

Skip Towne
11-24-2004, 07:02 PM
Zach, plug in the cord about halfway and touch it with your tongue. If it gets warm it could be a problem.
You're an evil man.

KCWolfman
11-24-2004, 07:05 PM
You're an evil man.
What? I am just trying to help.

morphius
11-24-2004, 07:09 PM
Speaking from experience are ya?;)
Actually it was Raiderhader that pulled that little mistake.

unlurking
11-24-2004, 07:12 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one who thought taking the time to replace the cord wasn't worth the effort on a cheap appliance!

When I read the post recommending that my first thought was:

"Damn, Gramma, I have heard enough about the great depression already!"

Sorry JSP, just thought that was funny. Then again, I'm about as handy as sex addict in a whore house. (IOW, whatever I touch usually ends up more f*cked than when I started.)

jspchief
11-24-2004, 07:17 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one who thought taking the time to replace the cord wasn't worth the effort on a cheap appliance!

When I read the post recommending that my first thought was:

"Damn, Gramma, I have heard enough about the great depression already!"

Sorry JSP, just thought that was funny. Then again, I'm about as handy as sex addict in a whore house. (IOW, whatever I touch usually ends up more f*cked than when I started.)

Different strokes for different folks. I'm the type of guy that fixes everything, and a cord is as easy as it gets. Besides, I'm at the hardware store ten times for every one time I go to a department store, so it would simply be more convenient.

It's not about cost. I just like the challenge of fixing things.

unlurking
11-24-2004, 08:59 PM
Different strokes for different folks. I'm the type of guy that fixes everything, and a cord is as easy as it gets. Besides, I'm at the hardware store ten times for every one time I go to a department store, so it would simply be more convenient.

It's not about cost. I just like the challenge of fixing things.
I hear ya.

I guess my problem is the toaster would be considered a fire hazard after I got done with it!

Along the same lines, I guess that's why I build all of the computers in our house, rather than buying them.