PDA

View Full Version : Wild Game Recipes

Duck Dog
11-24-2004, 08:32 AM
Anybody have any wild game recipes? I shoot a lot of ducks and geese every year and when I get my deer; my freezer is full of meat for the winter. So I am always looking for new recipes to try. Post up your favorite quail, pheasant, deer, or any wild game recipe.

Here's mine

I use either 2 large goose breasts or 3 small ones that have been filleted off the bone.
1 can of tomato paste
1 whole garlic bulb chopped fine
1/4 small onion chopped fine (use as much or as little onion to suite taste)
5 beef bouillon cubes

In a crock pot, combine all ingredients and goose breasts and cover with water. Cover and cook on low heat. Check often and add water as needed. Keep covered in water. It takes about 11 hours to cook. When the breast meat starts to pull apart easily, drain in a colander to remove water. After draining, replace all ingredients back into crock pot and add 1/2 a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce. (Add enough sauce to suite) Serve on hamburger buns.

When done like this, people will think they are eating beef BBQ sandwiches.

MOhillbilly
11-24-2004, 08:45 AM
heard a duck recipe it went somethin' like put the duck on a cedar board and cook it in a smoker and then eat the board cause it'll taste better than duck meat anyday. :)

Marinate(ziplock) your venison backstrap in Pickapepper for 48hrs.Wrap in tinfoil and put it in a smoker.

was turned off from deer but after playing around w/ what was given to me this season im a believer.

ChiefsOne
11-24-2004, 09:18 AM
Marinate anything in Dale's Sauce and throw in the crock pot. Cook on high for 4 hours then on low 8 hours.

Deer - cut into 1/2" steaks, soak in milk and egg, roll in crackers then in flour again in milk and egg one more in crackers then fry it in olive oil.

seclark
11-24-2004, 09:21 AM
if you're smoking a wild bird, stuff that b@stard full of sliced apples.
sec

Duck Dog
11-24-2004, 11:23 AM
Sounds good so far.

Any others?