PDA

View Full Version : UFO sighting/Alien abduction thread...

Rausch
11-25-2004, 10:05 AM
I'm watching a special on THC about it and now and wondering if a real world explanation would be possible.

I think most sightings are probably experimental or classified gov. aircraft. But the sightings where an object hovers and then just takes off makes me wonder. Could the US gov have developed an aircraft based on magnetism/antigravity?

And IIRC doesn't exposure to high levels of magnetism or electromagnetic fields cause hallucinations? If the gov has a craft that's means of propulsion also can cause minor hallucinations or a warping of the senses that would be a cause for a lot of the different reported sightings.

mikey23545
11-25-2004, 10:09 AM
Yeah...They're all secret U.S. projects...All of them...Just remember that...

stevieray
11-25-2004, 10:11 AM
I was an Identified Flying Object on Monday.

go bo
11-25-2004, 10:13 AM
I was an Identified Flying Object on Monday.ROFL ROFL ROFL

Rausch
11-25-2004, 10:13 AM
Yeah...They're all secret U.S. projects...All of them...Just remember that...

Then again, they could be real, and posting on internet BB's to spread disinformation before the invasion... :hmmm:

mikey23545
11-25-2004, 10:14 AM
Then again, they could be real, and posting on internet BB's to spread disinformation before the invasion... :hmmm:

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Really.

Rausch
11-25-2004, 10:15 AM
I was an Identified Flying Object on Monday.

I wonder how long it took before the "Elvis has left the building" jokes started...

Skip Towne
11-25-2004, 10:16 AM
Them basserts can't warp my perceptions. I wear a tinfoil hat.

mikey23545
11-25-2004, 10:18 AM
Them basserts can't warp my perceptions. I wear a tinfoil hat.
Note to self: The old man could be trouble...

Rausch
11-25-2004, 10:23 AM
I know that scientific studies have been done where emf or magnetism fuggs with the brain and causes hallucinations. I don't remember if it takes long term exposure at high levels or even short term though.

Anyone know?...

Slayer Diablo
11-25-2004, 10:25 AM
IIRC, some people who thought they were seeing a space craft wrote a message for the aliens and the next morning was a Latin term in gigantic letters...can't remember exactly what it was (two words and I believe one was "Amos"), but it translated to something along the lines of "The human race is not yet ready."

mikey23545
11-25-2004, 10:27 AM
I know that scientific studies have been done where emf or magnetism fuggs with the brain and causes hallucinations. I don't remember if it takes long term exposure at high levels or even short term though.

Anyone know?...

Not sure, but I think it only happens during the time the person is being subjected to the electromagnetic field.

Hammock Parties
11-25-2004, 10:35 AM
Aliens are not aliens. They are humans from the future.

As we evolve, our eyes get bigger, our brains grow, and we lose muscle mass and hair due to simply outgrowing the need for it.

Then with our superior intellects we invent advanced time and space travel and go back in time to scare the heebie-jeebies out of everyone and have a good laugh.

Rausch
11-25-2004, 10:40 AM
Not sure, but I think it only happens during the time the person is being subjected to the electromagnetic field.

Right, but do they have to be subjected to it for a long period of time? Can 1 mintue or 30 seconds be enough to make you see something that isn't there?

mikey23545
11-25-2004, 10:44 AM
Right, but do they have to be subjected to it for a long period of time? Can 1 mintue or 30 seconds be enough to make you see something that isn't there?

I think it's just flipping-a-light-switch type of thing...Occurs when it's switched on, stops when it's cut off.

stevieray
11-25-2004, 10:46 AM
I think it's just flipping-a-light-switch type of thing...Occurs when it's switched on, stops when it's cut off.

sounds like sex in a marriage.

Rausch
11-25-2004, 10:49 AM

That could come in handy. I mean, if we could produce and project this energy into a building/small area and completely confuse or shock the enemy?

Hell, just imagine a fighter/bomber that could look similar to a UFO. People wouldn't shoot at it, they'd run to take pictures or show someone else. You add to that the ability for the craft itself to cause hallucinations, further changing the "target's" perception of what's going on.

Huge military applications...

mikey23545
11-25-2004, 10:51 AM
That could come in handy. I mean, if we could produce and project this energy into a building/small area and completely confuse or shock the enemy?

Hell, just imagine a fighter/bomber that could look similar to a UFO. People wouldn't shoot at it, they'd run to take pictures or show someone else. You add to that the ability for the craft itself to cause hallucinations, further changing the "target's" perception of what's going on.

Huge military applications...

Yeah, but imagine the havoc it's going to play with every electronic device in a huge area...

Rausch
11-25-2004, 10:57 AM
Yeah, but imagine the havoc it's going to play with every electronic device in a huge area...

Not if you can direct it...

And you can magnetically shield speakers, I'm sure you can do the same for tanks, trucks, etc....

mikey23545
11-25-2004, 11:00 AM
BTW, you said you were watching this on THC....What the hell channel is that?

Rausch
11-25-2004, 11:05 AM

The History Channel...

mikey23545
11-25-2004, 11:11 AM
The History Channel...

Jeez....I need to get out more....

Skip Towne
11-25-2004, 11:20 AM
Jeez....I need to get out more....
What channel did you think it was? The tetrahydrocannabinol channel?

KC Kings
11-25-2004, 03:08 PM

Large amounts of electromagnetic energy will be you lose conscience. When I was in the Navy we had these degausing rings to use on all the radar displays, and we would plug them in then sneak up behind somebody and drop the ring over their head. (insert homo joke here)

It would even knock you out of you had it hanging around your neck then turned it on. Sounds like a dumb thing to do looking back, but at the time when there wasn't a lot to do out at sea, the degausing ring and voltmeter provided hours of entertainment. (insert more home jokes here)

Fat Elvis
11-25-2004, 03:29 PM

Be careful. If SNR gets wind of this thread, the cops will be busting down Rausch's front door before the thread drops off the first page.