PDA

View Full Version : How much would you pay to buy season ticket rights?

brent102fire
11-25-2004, 11:58 AM
The guy that owns 2 seats next to mine is going to sell the rights. They are in Section 305, Row 16. What do you think is a fair price for the rights? :hmmm:

shaneo69
11-25-2004, 01:01 PM
I wouldn't pay anything for the rights. $60 per game, plus $20 per game for parking, is quite enough.

I'm sure that anyone that wants season tickets will be able to get them through the Chiefs ticket office at the end of this season without having to pay for the "right to buy."

bricks
11-25-2004, 01:09 PM
The guy that owns 2 seats next to mine is going to sell the rights. They are in Section 305, Row 16. What do you think is a fair price for the rights? :hmmm:

$0.00. why go watch an underachiever, a team that can't make the playoffs or even win a playoff game. watching it on TV is the smart thing to do. Don't you get it, your making Lamar happy, and he's sending you home disappointed. that seems to be the moto of this franchise for many years. Nah, don't take me seriously brent102fire, I'm just having fun with you ;) I'm not your dad or big brother. whatever the price is, i hope it is well within your range, have fun.
I wish I could help you with that stuff, I'm not too good when it comes to prices and season tickets stuff. Can't blame me, I live in Canada.

Bwana
11-25-2004, 01:28 PM
Zero: You could pick off tickets "and rights" in the off season on ebay. That was last year........after this year it will be flooded.

Phobia
11-25-2004, 01:41 PM
Nada. Anybody wanting money for the rights to seats on the 3rd level should pull their ****ing head out of their ass.

jspchief
11-25-2004, 04:09 PM
Nada. Anybody wanting money for the rights to seats on the 3rd level should pull their ****ing head out of their ass.

Exactly. It would be different of it were club or lower level.

Anyone have any idea what lower level 35 yard line rights would go for? I want to make an offer to my uncle and I want it to be big enough to not be insulting, while low enough that I'm not over-paying.

Skip Towne
11-25-2004, 04:14 PM
Exactly. It would be different of it were club or lower level.

Anyone have any idea what lower level 35 yard line rights would go for? I want to make an offer to my uncle and I want it to be big enough to not be insulting, while low enough that I'm not over-paying.
He's your uncle? I'd offer him a free kick in the nads for trying to rip off a relative.

jspchief
11-25-2004, 04:31 PM
He's your uncle? I'd offer him a free kick in the nads for trying to rip off a relative.
He's had a pair of season tickets for 35 years. His friend who now has cancer has decided that their family will not renew, and will transfer the rights to my uncle. I'm thinking my uncle will keep the group of four, and sell the pair.

I'm not about to to assume that he'd give something of high value to me simply because he married my mom's sister. He sat through many years of bad football and spent a lot of money to get to the seats he has. He also has worked hard for every dime he has and appreciates what a dollar is worth. I'm one of about twenty nephews and nieces, plus he has three children of his own. There is little reason to believe that I have more of a right to the tickets than anyone else, and less reason to believe I deserve a handout.

LL renewal rights can easily go for over 1000 per ticket.

Skip Towne
11-25-2004, 04:39 PM
He's had a pair of season tickets for 35 years. His friend who now has cancer has decided that their family will not renew, and will transfer the rights to my uncle. I'm thinking my uncle will keep the group of four, and sell the pair.

I'm not about to to assume that he'd give something of high value to me simply because he married my mom's sister. He sat through many years of bad football and spent a lot of money to get to the seats he has. He also has worked hard for every dime he has and appreciates what a dollar is worth. I'm one of about twenty nephews and nieces, plus he has three children of his own. There is little reason to believe that I have more of a right to the tickets than anyone else, and less reason to believe I deserve a handout.

LL renewal rights can easily go for over 1000 per ticket.
I've never heard of anybody buying or selling renewal rights. I wasn't aware the Chiefs allowed that to go on.

jspchief
11-25-2004, 05:00 PM
I've never heard of anybody buying or selling renewal rights. I wasn't aware the Chiefs allowed that to go on.

The Chiefs don't really have a say in it. Any season ticket holder has the ability to pass on their renewal rights. I'm sure the intent of it was so that long time ticket holders could keep the tickets in their family for generations. Since it took my Uncle 35 years to get to row 20, 35 yard line, you can imagine how he would want the ability to pass on those tickets to his children.

In terms of the actual sale, the Chiefs organization would have nothing to do with it.

grandllama
11-26-2004, 01:30 AM
In terms of the actual sale, the Chiefs organization would have nothing to do with it.

I'm pretty sure you have to pay a $50 transfer fee....

jspchief
11-26-2004, 08:46 AM
I'm pretty sure you have to pay a $50 transfer fee....

Which still has nothing do with who I transfer them to and how much I charge that person to do it....

StcChief
11-26-2004, 08:52 AM
$50 transfer fee for sure. Upper deck, what an a$$ trying to ripoff a fellow Chief fan.

dtebbe
11-26-2004, 08:53 AM
My first year season tickets were in Sec 327 Row 20. I really can't imagine paying for upper level rights unless they were Row 10 or lower and between the 30's. Last year I thought about buying seats in Sec 329 Row 1, the guy was asking $500 each for the rights. I decided it was not worth it (it probably was). On the rare occasion lower level rights show up, most people ask (and get) $2000-$2500 PER seat if they have 2 or more together.

DT

ROYC75
11-26-2004, 09:34 AM
What a crock, they way the Chiefs are playing, he should have to pay to take them off his hands. :hmmm:

RNR
11-26-2004, 09:41 AM
My first year season tickets were in Sec 327 Row 20. I really can't imagine paying for upper level rights unless they were Row 10 or lower and between the 30's. Last year I thought about buying seats in Sec 329 Row 1, the guy was asking $500 each for the rights. I decided it was not worth it (it probably was). On the rare occasion lower level rights show up, most people ask (and get) $2000-$2500 PER seat if they have 2 or more together.

DT $2000-$2500 just for the rights may seem steep but when you think about it it beats the sh** out of a PSL that costs the same and only lasts 10 years.

jspchief
11-26-2004, 09:44 AM
$2000-$2500 just for the rights may seem steep but when you think about it it beats the sh** out of a PSL that costs the same and only lasts 10 years.

Especially to sit in a half-full stadium of fairweather felons, errr fans, and root for a shitty team like the Raiders...

RNR
11-26-2004, 10:16 AM
Especially to sit in a half-full stadium of fairweather felons, errr fans, and root for a shitty team like the R-aiders...Thanks but I will pass on the sniff my finger level smack :rolleyes:

Skip Towne
11-26-2004, 10:24 AM
$2000-$2500 just for the rights may seem steep but when you think about it it beats the sh** out of a PSL that costs the same and only lasts 10 years.
If these stories are true, I am shocked and amazed that Carl is letting these "seat renters" make that kind of money off of HIS seats.

RNR
11-26-2004, 10:29 AM
If these stories are true, I am shocked and amazed that Carl is letting these "seat renters" make that kind of money off of HIS seats. It is true! and a foolish thing to do, if Hunt goes the PSL route he will see a lot of walk ups and few sellouts.

Skip Towne
11-26-2004, 10:37 AM
It is true! and a foolish thing to do, if Hunt goes the PSL route he will see a lot of walk ups and few sellouts.
Why not PSL only the seats that are being sold on the "black market"? The best 20,000 or so.

RNR
11-26-2004, 10:43 AM
Why not PSL only the seats that are being sold on the "black market"? The best 20,000 or so. Not many people are willing to pay $2500 for the right to pay for tickets only to have it expire and have to pay again.

Calcountry
11-26-2004, 11:36 AM
Especially to sit in a half-full stadium of fairweather felons, errr fans, and root for a shitty team like the Raiders...
Al Davis loves to F over his fans.

The wierd thing is, that they love to take it.

RNR
11-26-2004, 01:03 PM
Al Davis loves to F over his fans.

The wierd thing is, that they love to take it. And Hunt does not do the same thing, too funny! Davis has nothing to do with ticket sales.

cdcox
11-26-2004, 01:15 PM
Seats like these are available for free every year. -Packfan

Rausch
11-26-2004, 01:28 PM
Seats like these are available for free every year. -Packfan

This time Packfan's right. I'm not paying for the rights to anything. Tickets, sure, but that "rights" $hit is a ripoff...

BigRedChief
11-27-2004, 08:18 PM
you can not transfer rights to someone else except family and they have a right to ask for proof before the seats are transfered. But UL season ticket seats ain't worth chit.

dtebbe
11-27-2004, 09:34 PM
you can not transfer rights to someone else except family and they have a right to ask for proof before the seats are transfered. But UL season ticket seats ain't worth chit.

You can tranfer the tickets to whoever you want, you just have to sign a little statement that no money changed hands in the transfer. I just transferred one of my tickets to someone on the Planet last year, and it went smooth as silk. You can even download the form on the Chiefs website, during the transfer period. You just fill out that form and turn it in with the $50 tranfer fee and that is it. You have to do it between Jan 1st and April 30th.

DT

dtebbe
11-27-2004, 09:39 PM

If I would have had the cash then, I would have bought them. Cash was tight at that point, and then the Chiefs made a little run and the market dried up a little. I'm thinking there may be some more on the market after this season. I agree with you on the PSL deal, but the risk you run is paying $$$ for the rights, and THEN having the Chiefs go to a PSL system to fund stadium improvements. I think the PSL thing may happen if KC area residents don't get off thier asses and vote in a stadium improvement tax.

DT

Skip Towne
11-27-2004, 09:56 PM
Not many people are willing to pay $2500 for the right to pay for tickets only to have it expire and have to pay again.
And paying $2000 to some seat renter is a guarantee your "rights" won't expire?

BigRedChief
11-27-2004, 10:08 PM
You can tranfer the tickets to whoever you want, you just have to sign a little statement that no money changed hands in the transfer. I just transferred one of my tickets to someone on the Planet last year, and it went smooth as silk. You can even download the form on the Chiefs website, during the transfer period. You just fill out that form and turn it in with the $50 tranfer fee and that is it. You have to do it between Jan 1st and April 30th.

DT

Thats defintly new from 1998 when I checked into this. :thumb:

Skip Towne
11-27-2004, 11:33 PM
Thats defintly new from 1998 when I checked into this. :thumb:
That sounds very suspect to me as well. Does anyone know what the Chiefs official policy is on this?

RNR
11-27-2004, 11:46 PM
If I would have had the cash then, I would have bought them. Cash was tight at that point, and then the Chiefs made a little run and the market dried up a little. I'm thinking there may be some more on the market after this season. I agree with you on the PSL deal, but the risk you run is paying $$$ for the rights, and THEN having the Chiefs go to a PSL system to fund stadium improvements. I think the PSL thing may happen if KC area residents don't get off thier asses and vote in a stadium improvement tax.

DTYes That is true and I am no lawyer but I would think a grandfather clause would come into effect.

Skip Towne
11-28-2004, 08:17 AM
Yes That is true and I am no lawyer but I would think a grandfather clause would come into effect.
I'm not a lawyer either but it doesn't seem like the grandfather deal would fly. This is private enterprise. KU changed their basketball seating and gave the better seats to big Williams Fund contributors. The old timers screamed but they were SOL.