PDA

View Full Version : Bears/Cowboys

Skip Towne
11-25-2004, 05:06 PM
When did the Bears ever wear orange? Tait was helped off the field with knee problems. Now Quinn is stinking it up at QB. He's fumbling and running into people. He nearly got an INT on an overthrown screen pass. It's comical.

jspchief
11-25-2004, 05:08 PM
The Bears looked pretty good when Grossman was playing, but ever since the week he went down, they've been pretty aweful.

chiefs4me
11-25-2004, 05:08 PM
They have always had a little orange in the uniforms but these are ugly. The Lions were even worse, I hated the way they looked today.

Skip Towne
11-25-2004, 05:18 PM
They have always had a little orange in the uniforms but these are ugly. The Lions were even worse, I hated the way they looked today.
Yeah, the Lions looked like an underfunded high school team. Of course Jaz liked them.

chiefs4me
11-25-2004, 05:22 PM
Hell my sons high school team looks better then that. I kinda thought they looked like throwback uniforms.

jspchief
11-25-2004, 05:26 PM
Hell my sons high school team looks better then that. I kinda thought they looked like throwback uniforms.

They are throwback. Go to NFL.com and look at the teams symbols on the top of the page. Every year thanksgiving is throwback week.

The reason they look cheap is because they come from a time when the NFL wasn't a billion dollar industry. The uniform was simply clothes, instead of part of the super hero image. By the way, regular clothes from the past seem funny looking now too.

nascher
11-25-2004, 05:29 PM
how bad are these two teams ? !

Are we as bad ?

Skip Towne
11-25-2004, 05:33 PM
I was a Bears fan before the AFL was born. We got them on TV every Sunday. But I sure don't ever remember seeing them wear orange jerseys. BTW, back then the Rams were the only team with helmet art.

Skip Towne
11-25-2004, 05:47 PM
This game is a comedy of errors. They are two shitty teams. They would both probably put up 30 points on us.

tk13
11-25-2004, 05:57 PM
I believe they said the Bears jerseys were from around 1946....

This game might end up in a tie, I don't think either team can score.

Phobia
11-25-2004, 05:58 PM
I liked the Bears and the Lions jerseys. I liked retro before retro was cool.

chiefs4me
11-25-2004, 05:59 PM
It's Turkey Day so the boys should be able to pull out a win.

Hydrae
11-25-2004, 06:00 PM
I was a Bears fan before the AFL was born. We got them on TV every Sunday. But I sure don't ever remember seeing them wear orange jerseys. BTW, back then the Rams were the only team with helmet art.

How could you tell the color on that 12" black and white television? :hmmm:

Skip Towne
11-25-2004, 06:01 PM
I believe they said the Bears jerseys were from around 1946....

This game might end up in a tie, I don't think either team can score.
That would explain it. I didn't start following them til 1955.

jspchief
11-25-2004, 06:01 PM
LOL. Did anyone catch the piece they did where Emmitt threw away their cheesy award? That's awesome that they got it on film. Serves them right for coming up with that thing. It looked like a piece of junk and was total rip-off of the award CBS had been giving for three years longer.

At the same time, what a dick for just dumping it in the trash. I'm sure it would have drawn a good bid at a charity auction.

Skip Towne
11-25-2004, 06:06 PM
LOL. Did anyone catch the piece they did where Emmitt threw away their cheesy award? That's awesome that they got it on film. Serves them right for coming up with that thing. It looked like a piece of junk and was total rip-off of the award CBS had been giving for three years longer.

At the same time, what a dick for just dumping it in the trash. I'm sure it would have drawn a good bid at a charity auction.
That was the best part of this game. But I do love the sound of Dallas fans booing.

tk13
11-25-2004, 06:19 PM
Quinn is QBoTF!! That was a horrific interception he just threw....

Skip Towne
11-25-2004, 06:30 PM
Another fumble by Quinn. That dude better polish up his car salesman skills.

tk13
11-25-2004, 06:44 PM
Yet another Quinnterception....

Hammock Parties
11-25-2004, 07:04 PM
I felt bad for Quinn. He was getting NO HELP.

Let it be a lesson to the Chiefs WR-hata's....the Bears have no deep threat and their passing game suffered because of it. Look at what Kennison does for us.

Skip Towne
11-25-2004, 07:06 PM
I felt bad for Quinn. He was getting NO HELP.

Let it be a lesson to the Chiefs WR-hata's....the Bears have no deep threat and their passing game suffered because of it. Look at what Kennison does for us.
Help? The dude did nothing but fumble and throw INT's.

Hammock Parties
11-25-2004, 07:07 PM

Yeah, and it's not like anyone was giving him pass protection, running the football or getting open. Hell the Bears must have dropped 5 passes today.

Poor bastard.

Skip Towne
11-25-2004, 07:10 PM
Yeah, and it's not like anyone was giving him pass protection, running the football or getting open. Hell the Bears must have dropped 5 passes today.

Poor bastard.
Yeah, poor inept bastard. Aikman had a lot of nice thing to say about him. But of course you know more about it than Troy.

Hammock Parties
11-25-2004, 07:16 PM
Yeah, poor inept bastard. Aikman had a lot of nice thing to say about him. But of course you know more about it than Troy.

Look, I'm not saying Quinn played well. All I'm saying is that I felt sorry for him. Sod off.

Skip Towne
11-25-2004, 07:23 PM
Look, I'm not saying Quinn played well. All I'm saying is that I felt sorry for him. Sod off.
Blow me doofus. Here's another red box for you.

Hammock Parties
11-25-2004, 07:25 PM
Blow me doofus. Here's another red box for you.

I'll kick your ass!

Skip Towne
11-25-2004, 07:37 PM
I'll kick your ass!
Hahahahahahaha. The fat nerd is going to kick my ass. Bring it dickwad. Here comes some more red for ya.

chiefs4me
11-25-2004, 09:10 PM
Hahahahahahaha. The fat nerd is going to kick my ass. Bring it dickwad. Here comes some more red for ya.

Now Now boys,,lets try and get along.ROFL

theultimatekcchiefsfan
11-25-2004, 10:57 PM
I actually liked the bears orange uniforms. They were from the late 30's to mid 50's.

jspchief
11-26-2004, 08:52 AM
Uh... I'm guessing that was scripted.

Why? It didn't look scripted. It was definately from a time when Emmitt played for the Cowboys. Did you see it?

Why would they have the very first recipient of their award disrespect it by throwing it in the trash? They treat the thing like it's a fairly serious award. Having the inaugural winner totally clown the thing just doesn't jive with the way they handle it.

the Talking Can
11-26-2004, 09:02 AM
that game made me pine for baseball....

chiefs4me
11-26-2004, 11:26 AM

no no no,,,,,hockey anyday over slowball.ROFL

Calcountry
11-26-2004, 11:30 AM
They are throwback. Go to NFL.com and look at the teams symbols on the top of the page. Every year thanksgiving is throwback week.

The reason they look cheap is because they come from a time when the NFL wasn't a billion dollar industry. The uniform was simply clothes, instead of part of the super hero image. By the way, regular clothes from the past seem funny looking now too.
A lot of times, back in the day, it didn't matter because they were all a muddy brown color by the end of the game. :p

Calcountry
11-26-2004, 11:31 AM
This game is a comedy of errors. They are two shitty teams. They would both probably put up 30 points on us.
Yes, they both would be saying, "Gee, we have finally put it together on offense and were playing with good rythem", against us.

Rausch
11-26-2004, 11:32 AM

It's the only time in my life I've ever quit watching a football game to go into work early.

I think Lovie Smith is a great coach but he's got nothing to work with right now...

Calcountry
11-26-2004, 11:33 AM
That sounds a lot like the SF quarterback.

Before he gets sacked, he just lays the ball on the turf.

the Talking Can
11-26-2004, 11:58 AM
the announcers said Tait had been a disappointment this year....and then he left with a knee injury, I think....for that amount of money we still made the right decision to left him go