PDA

View Full Version : What teams have shocked or surprised you

RNR
11-26-2004, 12:02 PM
Up side
1. Steelers, did not see that coming
2. Chargers, would have lost money had someone offered me a preseason bet
3. Patriots, knew they were good but damn injuries, cap, free agent losses do not matter they just keep rolling
4. Falcons, didn't think they were a playoff team

Down side
1. Chiefs, wondered about the D but still thought they would contend
2. Miami, knew Williams loss would hurt, never dreamed they would flat out suck
3. Vikings, thought they would be a lot better
4. Seattle, thought this ball club was alot better than it is

the Talking Can
11-26-2004, 12:05 PM
honestly, the Chiefs are the biggest flame out in the league......other than that I'd say the Steelers...their D was bad last year and they're starting a rookie QB

Seattle is close to pulling a KC

Phobia
11-26-2004, 12:05 PM
I didn't see this season playing out this way for anybody. My preseason wildcard surprise was the Texans and I figured the Chiefs had a first round bye locked up.

The only teams that don't surprise me are the Raiders, Niners, Cardinals, Bears, and Jets. All those teams are about where I expected.

Rausch
11-26-2004, 12:07 PM
What's amazed me is how so far this year most teams either suck or are dominant.

It seems like over 1/2 the league has a losing record...

the Talking Can
11-26-2004, 12:10 PM
I'm also suprised at how strong the AFC is compared to the NFC....they showed the records during the Dallas game and there are 6-7 teams in the AFC with 6 wins

Calcountry
11-26-2004, 12:11 PM
What's amazed me is how so far this year most teams either suck or are dominant.

It seems like over 1/2 the league has a losing record...
Parity?

RedandGold
11-26-2004, 12:23 PM
I would have to say my biggest surprise is the Chargers. This is a team that I would have picked to be a couple of games under .500 at the end of the season, and here they are right at the top of the division.

Not only does their record surprise me, but I can't believe that they have the league's second highest scoring offense.

I figured that Pittsburgh would end up with a decent record considering that they are in a weak division, but I wouldn't have considered them to be one of the best three teams in the AFC.

MOhillbilly
11-26-2004, 12:26 PM
The Redskins being sooooo crapy on O kinda suprised me. Figured theyd win atleast 8.

Phobia
11-26-2004, 12:27 PM
Not only does their record surprise me, but I can't believe that they have the league's second highest scoring offense.

Exactly. Their coach has never had highest scoring anything. Well, except for that high scoring scam he ran against Daniel Snyder.

RNR
11-26-2004, 12:28 PM
Exactly. Their coach has never had highest scoring anything. Well, except for that high scoring scam he ran against Daniel Snyder.
ROFL

TEX
11-26-2004, 02:32 PM

What about scoring with Gregg Hill's "waitress" girlfriend? :hmmm: