PDA

View Full Version : If you have any "Santa-believing" age kids... take them to The Polar Express.

teedubya
11-26-2004, 06:12 PM
We took the little dude and my little brother to see the Robert Zemekis [Forrest Gump] digital animation movie, The Polar Express... and it was magical. The kids fockin loved it. It was full of adventure, full of great special effects, and full of Christmas spirit.

I wanted to go see National Treasure, but took one for the team so the little dudes would have a good time... they said "wow" at least 5 times each at different parts of the movies.

So if your kids love trains, love santa and Tom Hanks, or if you are a kid at heart... check out this focker.

RealSNR
11-26-2004, 07:01 PM
The children's book came out when I was in 2nd grade. It won so many awards, and I didn't know why. I hated it. The librarian who read to us only made it worse... she was a smoker for so many years until she quit and got a job with the public schools. Man, that was the lowest voice from a woman I've ever heard.

Glad your kids liked the movie, anyway.

RedNFeisty
11-26-2004, 07:21 PM
We are looking forward to seeing that this weekend.

I might be mistaken, but I remember seeing christmas shows on a few times a week from Thanksgiving to Christmas when I was a little girl. It does not seem like they show them as often anymore. I really miss some of the cheesy animation. Frosty was one of my favorites, next to rudolf of course! I did see that you could buy the box set of four for around forty bucks, guess I will have to make that investment!

dtebbe
11-26-2004, 09:41 PM
My wife took my 5 year old son and his friend and they were glued to the screen the entire time. For something to have my son's attention for almost 2 hours, give it the award now.

DT

Deberg_1990
11-26-2004, 11:14 PM
I hear that the IMAX version in 3D is worth every penny.

stumppy
11-26-2004, 11:47 PM
We took the little dude and my little brother to see the Robert Zemekis [Forrest Gump] digital animation movie, The Polar Express... and it was magical. The kids fockin loved it. It was full of adventure, full of great special effects, and full of Christmas spirit.

I wanted to go see National Treasure, but took one for the team so the little dudes would have a good time... they said "wow" at least 5 times each at different parts of the movies.

So if your kids love trains, love santa and Tom Hanks, or if you are a kid at heart... check out this focker.

Why is Santa-believing in quotes?There is a Santa isn't there? :(

LiL stumppy
11-26-2004, 11:48 PM
Why is Santa-believing in quotes?There is a Santa isn't there? :(

Sorry guys that was me :cuss:

Fat Elvis
11-27-2004, 01:05 AM
The children's book came out when I was in 2nd grade. It won so many awards, and I didn't know why. I hated it. The librarian who read to us only made it worse... she was a smoker for so many years until she quit and got a job with the public schools. Man, that was the lowest voice from a woman I've ever heard.

Glad your kids liked the movie, anyway.

Prolly narced out the librarian for reading a book you thought had hallucinagenic undertones.

RealSNR
11-27-2004, 01:13 AM
Prolly narced out the librarian for reading a book you thought had hallucinagenic undertones.LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111