PDA

View Full Version : Vermeil basically rips Al Saunders in postgame...

DaWolf
11-28-2004, 03:38 PM
Now this is aside from the disappointment he was talking about in terms of defensive breakdowns, but when asked about the O, he specifically said "we got away from things that were working during the 3rd quarter. When we got back to them we started moving the ball again. But we ended up doing different things in the 3rd that just didn't work." Basically I took that as critisizing Saunders' playcalling.

Then when asked ab out why his offense is so crappy during 2 minute drives, he flat out said "Not coached well enough."

Sounded like a big rip of Saunders to me...

Deberg_1990
11-28-2004, 03:40 PM
Saunder thinks we have Torry Holt, Marvin Harrison and Randy Moss as our WR's at times. He totally forgets about the ground attack.

HC_Chief
11-28-2004, 03:42 PM
A wideout who can HANG ON TO THE F*CKING BALL would be nice. My bet is the play calling wouldn't catch as much heat if we had wideouts who didn't f*ck up on a consistent basis.

DaWolf
11-28-2004, 03:44 PM
Holthus just asked DV what he thought about 20 carries in this game, and DV said "We shoulda run it more. That's the only way we beat teams like this. We shoulda run it."

I guess when you give total control to your assistants that happens sometimes. But he was definitely not pleased with the coaching this game. Course we haven't been pleased with the coaching pretty much all year...

teedubya
11-28-2004, 03:45 PM
and he is our next fückin coach... :cuss:

the Talking Can
11-28-2004, 03:49 PM
thank god he didn't rip the defense......

Tribal Warfare
11-28-2004, 03:51 PM
say thank you to Carl Peterson kids

dirk digler
11-28-2004, 03:53 PM

No crap. It is always the O's fault in DV's feabile mind. Never mind the D can't stop shit.

old_geezer
11-28-2004, 03:53 PM

I hear that! After all, our crappy offense "only" scored 31 points, while our defense was busy giving up 34. I'd blame the OC's playcalling for the loss too. :rolleyes:

Baby Lee
11-28-2004, 04:32 PM
It's not nice to make fun of retards.

dilligaf
11-28-2004, 04:38 PM
It's not nice to make fun of retards.
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Ugly Duck
11-28-2004, 08:00 PM
Vermeil basically rips Al Saunders in postgame......Wuts the difference between a "basic rip" and an actual rip?

Iowanian
11-28-2004, 09:34 PM
The Next WR who drops a Ball, he's carried more than 30 yards, on the way to the Goal line, without being touched..............Should have thier PEE-HOLE superglued shut.....

along with CP, the Scouts, the coaching staff, and a list of players I'd provide with some prodding.

papasmurf
11-28-2004, 09:46 PM
I say keep the same players and coaches. we need new fu....g fans.

DaWolf
11-29-2004, 01:43 AM
No he expressed plenty of exasperation about once again giving up big plays and breakdowns in the interior of the defense, especially on those long down conversions. But basically at this point he knows and the reporters know that our defense just sucks and there is no sense in beating a dead horse. Vermeil knows that the only way this current team can win a ballgame is if it plays perfectly on offense. And obviously we needed to score more...

jspchief
11-29-2004, 09:37 AM
We averaged 5.5 yards per carry against the top run D in the league. We reached 100 yards on 18 carries, half of which were from a guy that hasn't played all year. It's fair to say that we were successful running the ball.

In the second half, we ran 27 plays (punts excluded). Of those 27, 5 were runs and one was a reverse. 6 runs, 21 pass attempts.

Every drive in the second half started with a pass attempt, except for the one that started with a reverse. 4 out of 5 second half drives began with a pass attempt.

Vermeil should have ripped him. Al Saunders is a moron. Why is this guy incapable of understanding what everyone else in football, from Pop Warner to the NFL, has always known. Running the ball is the way to win games. When the run is working, you keep running.

This team is bad enough as it is. Now we have to overcome bad play-calling along with horrible defense.

jcroft
11-29-2004, 09:54 AM
I hear that! After all, our crappy offense "only" scored 31 points, while our defense was busy giving up 34. I'd blame the OC's playcalling for the loss too. :rolleyes:

Actually, Dante scored one of those TDs. Our offense was really only responsible for 24 points. This isn't a <em>terrible</em> performance, but it's certainly subpar for our offense.

HC_Chief
11-29-2004, 10:18 AM
We averaged 5.5 yards per carry against the top run D in the league. We reached 100 yards on 18 carries, half of which were from a guy that hasn't played all year. It's fair to say that we were successful running the ball.

In the second half, we ran 27 plays (punts excluded). Of those 27, 5 were runs and one was a reverse. 6 runs, 21 pass attempts.

Every drive in the second half started with a pass attempt, except for the one that started with a reverse. 4 out of 5 second half drives began with a pass attempt.

Vermeil should have ripped him. Al Saunders is a moron. Why is this guy incapable of understanding what everyone else in football, from Pop Warner to the NFL, has always known. Running the ball is the way to win games. When the run is working, you keep running.

This team is bad enough as it is. Now we have to overcome bad play-calling along with horrible defense.

Excellent analysis. I've been harping on this all season. Al is 'pass happy'.

patteeu
11-29-2004, 10:33 AM
and he is our next fückin coach... :cuss:

You might be right, but I don't think it will happen.

patteeu
11-29-2004, 10:33 AM

24 points. 7 came from a kick return.

Raiderhater
11-29-2004, 10:59 AM
Excellent analysis. I've been harping on this all season. Al is 'pass happy'.

I've been harping on it since last season.

htismaqe
11-29-2004, 11:28 AM
Al is 'pass happy'.

Exactly why I've been saying I don't want him as our next Head Coach.

In the end, Vermeil/Saunders/Marty/Gunther...it's all the same. Stubborness and the refusal to acknowledge the need to make changes.

HC_Chief
11-29-2004, 11:30 AM
Ayup
[/Hank Hill voice]

Baby Lee
11-29-2004, 11:37 AM
Ayup
[/Hank Hill voice]
Uh, huhn
[/Boomhauer voice]

ROFL

BIG_DADDY
11-29-2004, 11:49 AM
I thought Marty was our coach in this game. If I saw us throw for 2-4 yards one more time when we needed 8-10 on 3rd down I think would have :Lin: