PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible for Priest to stay out the rest of the season?

jAZ
11-28-2004, 05:31 PM
Or at least until after week 15?

At this point, Fantasy Football takes precident.

Donger
11-28-2004, 05:35 PM
Or at least until after week 15?

At this point, Fantasy Football takes precident.

Personally, I hope that he sits out the rest of the season.

And it's "precedence," you pinko putz.

:p

grandllama
11-28-2004, 05:35 PM
It wouldn't bother me if he never puts on a Chiefs uniform again.

alanm
11-28-2004, 05:37 PM
He had the right idea today. Sit up in a cozy booth and suck down brews.

Taco John
11-28-2004, 05:38 PM

:hmmm: huh?

Baby Lee
Is it possible for Priest to stay out the rest of the season?
It is possible that Priest never sets foot on NFL turf again. Finish out the season in the luxury suites and shuffle on off to Texas.

grandllama
He had the right idea today. Sit up in a cozy booth and suck down brews.

He did that last week too... Way to be a team leader you putz.

Sure-Oz
11-28-2004, 05:40 PM
ok....

grandllama
11-28-2004, 05:40 PM

I've never been a huge Priest fan... and my personal feelings is that if he was such the God everybody else seems to think he is, he would have been on the sidelines the last two games helping our running backs, giving words of encouragement, or at least using his God powers to infest the opposition with a locust plague... not up in the luxury suite snarfing down nachos and drinking a Beck's...

Sure-Oz
11-28-2004, 05:42 PM
I believe priest was on the field last week, I think this is the first time i've seen him in a booth. He has worked his ass off for us and ****ed his body up in the process, wtf do you want from him?

dilligaf
11-28-2004, 05:43 PM
You guys really want him to be standing around on his bum knee in the below freezing temps?
And to make a statement that you dont want the best player to wear a Chiefs uni in the last twenty or more years, to ever suit up again is moronic. STFU

Baby Lee
11-28-2004, 05:45 PM
I believe priest was on the field last week, I think this is the first time i've seen him in a booth. He has worked his ass off for us and ****ed his body up in the process, wtf do you want from him?
You believe/think wrong.

grandllama
11-28-2004, 05:46 PM
You guys really want him to be standing around on his bum knee in the below freezing temps?
And to make a statement that you dont want the best player to wear a Chiefs uni in the last twenty or more years, to ever suit up again is moronic. STFU

You STFU.... I don't want some cuddly ass fart acting like he's better than the rest of the team sitting up in a luxury box eating nachos... I didn't see Beisel or Woods, or Maz or the numerous other players that were out this game up in that box with Priest.

grandllama
11-28-2004, 05:47 PM

I want his ****ing ass on the field / sidelines where every other ****ing injured player is.

And they showed him the suite last week too, they just didn't show him dropping a nacho in his lap.

Sure-Oz
11-28-2004, 05:48 PM
You believe/think wrong.
It was probably the Saints game then, who gives a flying fvck if he was not on the field? Why not have Gun on the field to give gay ass words of encouragment to our D then? :rolleyes:

It's ridiculous to not want hte best player on the team next year.

dilligaf
11-28-2004, 05:50 PM
I want him resting that knee so that maybe we might have a chance in some of these other games we have coming up. :harumph:

Sure-Oz
11-28-2004, 05:51 PM
I'd rather have him not suit up again THIS season, it's lost and LJ and Blaylock could use the carries to improve.

Wile_E_Coyote
11-28-2004, 05:52 PM
could he hobble out of the way of a charging/rolling outa control player...no he isn't superman

Baby Lee
11-28-2004, 05:53 PM
It was probably the Saints game then, who gives a flying fvck if he was not on the field? Why not have Gun on the field to give gay ass words of encouragment to our D then? :rolleyes:

Where did I say I didn't want him on the team. I said it's entirely possible he won't come back, but that is his decision.
I love what he provides. But I also see that he is self-absorbed. When asked about his goals, they were all personal. He didn't say a thing about wins, playoffs or the SB, just personal records. When he gets injured, he takes the opportunity to distance himself from a failing team by sitting, dare I say Al Davis-like, up in the luxury boxes. Whether you realize it or not, that sends a message to his teammates, both those on the field playing and his fellow injured teammates.

Taco John
11-28-2004, 05:54 PM

He was in the booth last week...

Sure-Oz
11-28-2004, 05:55 PM
Where did I say I didn't want him on the team. I said it's entirely possible he won't come back, but that is his decision.
I love what he provides. But I also see that he is self-absorbed. When asked about his goals, they were all personal. He didn't say a thing about wins, playoffs or the SB, just personal records. When he gets injured, he takes the opportunity to distance himself from a failing team by sitting, dare I say Al Davis-like, up in the luxury boxes. Whether you realize it or not, that sends a message to his teammates, both those on the field playing and his fellow injured teammates.
I was not refering to you, llama, who knows, priest has been quiet the whole time, I think he wants to win, its funny no one cares about him sitting in a booth or not talking when we are winning, figures! I get the point though.

Taco John
11-28-2004, 05:55 PM
I've never been a huge Priest fan... and my personal feelings is that if he was such the God everybody else seems to think he is, he would have been on the sidelines the last two games helping our running backs, giving words of encouragement, or at least using his God powers to infest the opposition with a locust plague... not up in the luxury suite snarfing down nachos and drinking a Beck's...

I can understand that, then. Terrell Davis was on the sidelines every game of his injury. I don't remember him retreating to the booth even once.

grandllama
11-28-2004, 05:56 PM

I wan't Gun on the field too... My comment was 'I don't care' not that 'I don't want him back'... There are more pressing needs on this team than RB. If he comes back, fine. If he doesn't I couldn't care less.

The whole point I was making was that Priest is supposed to be a 'leader'. Leaders don't sit up in the luxury suite snarfing nachos while his team is playing a football game.

Remember this the dude a few weeks ago that sent a 'Keep the Faith' memo to teammates and the fans....

I don't remember 'Keep the faith while the team is struggling, you are freezing on the sidelines / stands and I'm stuffing my face in a nice warm luxury box' being one of the paragraphs of the letter, but that sure is an interesting message to be sending now.

Sure-Oz
11-28-2004, 05:57 PM
I wan't Gun on the field too... My comment was 'I don't care' not that 'I don't want him back'... There are more pressing needs on this team than RB. If he comes back, fine. If he doesn't I couldn't care less.

The whole point I was making was that Priest is supposed to be a 'leader'. Leaders don't sit up in the luxury suite snarfing nachos while his team is playing a football game.

Remember this the dude a few weeks ago that sent a 'Keep the Faith' memo to teammates and the fans....

I don't remember 'Keep the faith while the team is struggling, you are freezing on the sidelines / stands and I'm stuffing my face in a nice warm luxury box' being one of the paragraphs of the letter, but that sure is an interesting message to be sending now.
I can see your point now with that explanation, we do have 2 real good rb's possibly and I do hope we get priest back and healthy cause he flat out dominates when he is in there. Atleast the rest of the games we can see what we have with Blaylock and LJ.

grandllama
11-28-2004, 05:57 PM

Yeah, thats what I tried to say... you just put it much more eloquently.
ROFL

jAZ
11-28-2004, 05:58 PM
I had no intention of starting a bash-Priest fest... I just want him to make a major effort to rehab and save himself for next season.

Plus I want the guy who has Priest to lose a few games in FFL, and I need my wife (Blaylock owner) to pickoff the guy ahead of me so I can make the playoffs.

It'll be close if Priest isn't playing. It will probably be impossible if he isn't.

grandllama
11-28-2004, 06:00 PM
I had no intention of starting a bash-Priest fest... I just want him to make a major effort to rehab and save himself for next season.

I know you didn't, but I had the whole drive taking my kids back home to sit and stew about what I had saw.... and it was easier to hijack your thread than to start a new one
:)

Baby Lee
11-28-2004, 06:01 PM
I was not refering to you, llama, who knows, priest has been quiet the whole time, I think he wants to win, its funny no one cares about him sitting in a booth or not talking when we are winning, figures!
1. The first part of your 'sentence' makes no sense to me.
2. What's 'funny' about just caring about the booth thing recently? He's been hurt two games, he's been in the booth two games, we've lost those two games. Was I supposed to lay the groundwork at some point in the past. "Hey, I know I've never seen it in all my years of watching football, but if a premiere player on a losing team ever sits in the luxury boxes instead of standing with his team after he get injured, I probably will complain."

KingPriest2
11-28-2004, 06:47 PM
You STFU.... I don't want some cuddly ass fart acting like he's better than the rest of the team sitting up in a luxury box eating nachos... I didn't see Beisel or Woods, or Maz or the numerous other players that were out this game up in that box with Priest.

Because they are not high profile players. They could be up there they weren't shown.

dirk digler
11-28-2004, 06:57 PM
1. The first part of your 'sentence' makes no sense to me.
2. What's 'funny' about just caring about the booth thing recently? He's been hurt two games, he's been in the booth two games, we've lost those two games. Was I supposed to lay the groundwork at some point in the past. "Hey, I know I've never seen it in all my years of watching football, but if a premiere player on a losing team ever sits in the luxury boxes instead of standing with his team after he get injured, I probably will complain."

I too have a problem with Priest sitting in the luxury suite when he should be on the sidelines supporting his team. But just to point out Priest hasn't played the last 3 weeks and he was on the sidelines in New Orleans and it didn't help the team at all. Also IIRC, Randy Moss sat in a suite during a game earlier this year when he was hurt. So maybe these premiere guys think they are above the team. :shrug:

Logical
11-28-2004, 07:17 PM

Ditto :shake::shake:

Logical
11-28-2004, 07:20 PM
He did that last week too... Way to be a team leader you putz.

LMAO at the silliness of this post. Like our 500 yard defense was going to start playing better if he was cold on the sidelines.

Logical
11-28-2004, 07:21 PM
And to make a statement that you dont want the best player to wear a Chiefs uni in the last twenty or more years, to ever suit up again is moronic. STFU:thumb:

grandllama
11-28-2004, 10:15 PM
LMAO at the silliness of this post. Like our 500 yard defense was going to start playing better if he was cold on the sidelines.

No but at least he would be setting a ****ing example of how to be a team player rather than a god damned prima ****ing donna.

Priest got paid how ****ing much today to do the exact thing I did... Drink beer and watch the Chiefs lose.

No one is going to change my mind on this, and although I rarely put myself in a controversial position, I feel very strongly about this. I saw him feeding his face and it pissed me off. To me, that is not being a team leader, and that definitely is NOT Keeping the Faith.