PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else rooting against the Chiefs the rest of the way?

WakkaDakka
11-29-2004, 10:00 AM
If the season were to end today I think they'd have the 3rd pick in the draft so eventhough Carl has shown a tendency to screwup the draft that pick would be so high it would be hard for even Carl to mess that pick up don't ya think? :hmmm:

Since the Chiefs basically have nothing to play for the rest of the season why not lose the rest of the games? I enjoyed yesterday's game & we still lost... :thumb:

Here's to a 3-13 season! :clap:

DaWolf
11-29-2004, 10:05 AM
I follow this team every week to see them win. We still have 2 games left against Chokeland, 1 against the Donx, and 1 against the Dolts. So no, I do not wish to see them lose out the rest of the way. To go winless in the AFC West, the division whose other teams I hate more than any other teams in the NFL, and in the Raiders case, all of sports, would be an embarassment...

Rain Man
11-29-2004, 10:07 AM
I would never root against the Chiefs. Even if we had signed Bill Romanowski, I would have rooted for them to win despite a catastrophic knee injury to Romanowski.

ChiTown
11-29-2004, 10:08 AM
If the season were to end today I think they'd have the 3rd pick in the draft so eventhough Carl has shown a tendency to screwup the draft that pick would be so high it would be hard for even Carl to mess that pick up don't ya think? :hmmm:

Since the Chiefs basically have nothing to play for the rest of the season why not lose the rest of the games? I enjoyed yesterday's game & we still lost... :thumb:

Here's to a 3-13 season! :clap:

Phuck that.

Now FN way can I root against my team. And besides, wtf would you want Carl drafting in the top 5?

Lzen
11-29-2004, 10:09 AM
Since the season has basically been over for a few weeks now, I can't help but think about getting a high draft pick. Does that mean I root against them? Nope. But now that it's over, I'm not as disappointed with losses. It's getting harder and harder to watch this team every week. :banghead:

beavis
11-29-2004, 10:10 AM
Phuck that.

Now FN way can I root against my team. And besides, wtf would you want Carl drafting in the top 5?
Exactly. I don't really think it matters if we are picking 3rd or 30th. I'm sure we'll be drafting another running back.

ChiTown
11-29-2004, 10:12 AM
Since the season has basically been over for a few weeks now, I can't help but think about getting a high draft pick. Does that mean I root against them? Nope. But now that it's over, I'm not as disappointed with losses. It's getting harder and harder to watch this team every week. :banghead:

I'm completely fo getting more of our draft picks out there for playing time (Fox, Siavii, Wilson, Johnson, Pile, Harts, etc. etc). If we happen to lose while getting them more experience, so be it. But, I'll be pulling for them like a mutha to win.

Stinger
11-29-2004, 10:13 AM
No way I root against the Chiefs, although I am hoping SD wins the Division now since we are out of it. Just as long and the Broncos and Raiders don't win :) , all will be right with the world.

Exactly. I don't really think it matters if we are picking 3rd or 30th. I'm sure we'll be drafting another running back.

Or another saftey with potential :banghead:

MichaelH
11-29-2004, 10:16 AM
I will root for Chiefs no matter what. I hate what the front office has done with this team but I rooted in the 80's and I'll root now. Like most here, I want them to beat the division rivals and at least get back on track for next season.

beavis
11-29-2004, 10:18 AM
Or another saftey with potential :banghead:
To be a CB? ROFL

Rain Man
11-29-2004, 10:19 AM
Another point to bring up is that it's important to instill a winning habit and winning attitude among the players. As teams like Cincinnati, Arizona, and the 1980s Chiefs can attest, it's hard to shift from a 'we're going to lose' attitude to a 'we're going to destroy them' attitude. That's much more important than moving up five slots in the draft.

Lzen
11-29-2004, 10:31 AM
I'm completely fo getting more of our draft picks out there for playing time (Fox, Siavii, Wilson, Johnson, Pile, Harts, etc. etc). If we happen to lose while getting them more experience, so be it. But, I'll be pulling for them like a mutha to win.

Agreed.

Lzen
11-29-2004, 10:33 AM
Another point to bring up is that it's important to instill a winning habit and winning attitude among the players. As teams like Cincinnati, Arizona, and the 1980s Chiefs can attest, it's hard to shift from a 'we're going to lose' attitude to a 'we're going to destroy them' attitude. That's much more important than moving up five slots in the draft.

Eh, I don't know how true that is. People were saying how the Chiefs got on a winning track at the end of 2001 and how that would propel them the next season. So, they went from 6-10 to 8-8? Wow!! :rolleyes: Seriously, I don't know that it makes that much difference in this day and age of free agency. They just need to bring in some FAs who have played for good teams and know how to win. And the coaching staff needs to get their heads out of their asses. :cuss:

HC_Chief
11-29-2004, 10:38 AM

Same here.

BTW, WTF is up with Sammie Parker? WHY has he not been suiting up?! FFS, our receivers are not that great... I would think a highly touted young prospect like Parker would have made his way onto the roster by now. :grr:

Sure-Oz
11-29-2004, 10:42 AM
I want them to win every game, but i wont be too choked up if we lose.

ClearmontChief
11-29-2004, 10:46 AM
Actually, Parker was suited up yesterday. Hasn't seen the field, but I saw him on the sidelines suited.